☼ nz11 climbs onboard

nz11

• Moderator Emeritus

Wishing you a very speedy recovery, NZ. With all you've been through to get off psych drugs and all of the knowledge and wisdom you've acquired along the way, I'm sure you're going to do just fine. 

• Moderator Emeritus
Just now, Shep said:

and all of the knowledge and wisdom you've acquired along the way, I'm sure you're going to do just fine. 

... without your wisdom teeth :P

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, ChessieCat said:
1 hour ago, Shep said:

and all of the knowledge and wisdom you've acquired along the way, I'm sure you're going to do just fine. 

... without your wisdom teeth :P

:laugh:

I'm so glad it went well NZ. I hope it hasn't caused too much trouble with the other teeth.  Do keep up with the antibiotics, oral infections are no fun at all.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

2 hours ago, brassmonkey said:

Do keep up with the antibiotics, oral infections are no fun at all.

Thanks Dr BM... will do, hey you're frightening me...lol.

Yes i can imagine an oral infection now would  be sooo not good.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

1 hour ago, caperjackie said:

Very smart decision NZ ........ wishing you a speedy recovery!

Lovely to hear from you CJ.

Im sure this benzo iv sedation is just another pharma push....they talk in the brochure as if  not even remembering the trip home is a good thing!! ugh!..sigh!

Interestingly i read that the benzo used in dental sedation is the same drug used, and the first of three, given to people on death row when they are executed.  Lucky i turned them down on that one ...knowing my luck they might have got confused about what chair i was in!

I do hope this reply finds you well.

regards

nz11

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Thanks for the kind words Shep.

Its funny how one has strange ideas and fears and imaginings in their head, not knowing anything about wisdom teeth removal i for some stupid reason imagined a person with a hammer and chisel bashing and prying away until the tooth comes out.

It wasnt like that at all, i think they have some clever tools. Not that i saw them though ...i kept my eyes closed...on purpose... lol!

Thanks for popping in cc, nice to hear from you, i hope your fellow moderator and my Friday 13 th dental comrade bubble is doing okay.

Recovering paxil addict

• Moderator Emeritus

I was thinking about you but missed this update.

So glad it went so well!

Mine was rescheduled for next week after I told my dentist I had a 'reaction'. He offered that I get one more week to recover from it and agreed not to use epinephrin any more. (I'd rather be in physical pain than cause myself this agony again). I still can't believe that 2 weeks (so far) of hell have been courtesy of the anesthetic. The most profound dp/dr experience of my life and constant high level anxiety...

Keep us posted nz!

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

Thanks bubble.

Sorry to hear you had a bad reaction to the anesthetic.

Hope all goes smoothly for you next week and no adverse reactions. Wishing you a good healing.

Recovering paxil addict

I recently had a procedure called 'deep cleaning and root planing'. It entailed 2 separate appointments during which half the mouth is frozen. At the first appointment I asked for the non epinephrine but it did not take on the upper gums so epinephrine was used ........ like you Bubble, what followed was horrific anxiety which subsided to 'manageable' after about 4 days. Two weeks later I went for the second half of the procedure and the same thing happened with the upper gums ...... this time I did not tell her although she realized half way through that the gums were not frozen. I told her to continue and that I would rather deal with the pain than with the anxiety. Hope the rest of it goes well for you ........

• Moderator Emeritus

Hope you're feeling a lot better after all the dental work.

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2004-2008  paroxetine (various failed tapers) 
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct 15mg … slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg
2019  15 Mar 3.6mg  21 May 3.4mg  26 Dec 3.2mg 

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

2021   29 Aug 2.4mg   15 Nov 2.3mg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi NZ11, I just saw you active and hoped to catch up with you - how's things going? 

I also have a question you might know the answer to - in NZ when a person commits suicide, does the coroner include many details of meds etc taken/CT'd off leading up to the death? 

Drug history

• 20mg paxil in 2001 - 4 months use  
  • 20mg paxil in 2003 - 2 months use 
  • 20mg paxil in 2008 - 8 years continuous

Withdrawal history:

• March 2014 - disastrous alternate day taper
  • Jan 2015 - 15mg to 10mg. Disaster
  • Sept 2015 -  10mg to 5mg. Disaster. Reinstated to 6mg. Relief
  • Oct 2015 - started slow 10% taper 
  • Oct 2016 - at 4mg- stop taking paxil (not recommended)

I'm not a medical professional. Seek advice from a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

Hi Molly

Sorry to take so long to reply...been busy having serious dental work done

My now ex-dentist was incompetent. Due to several years of experience in other areas my complaint letters skills are not too bad at getting straight to the point.

On 11/7/2017 at 5:03 PM, MollyN said:

Hi NZ11, I just saw you active and hoped to catch up with you - how's things going? 

I also have a question you might know the answer to - in NZ when a person commits suicide, does the coroner include many details of meds etc taken/CT'd off leading up to the death? 

Good question.

In short i dont know but i doubt it.

They may not know that the person had CT their prescription drug leading up to death.

I think i read about this issue somewhere but cant remember where.

Recovering paxil addict

Hey NZ11 - oh my goodness I feel you on the dental nightmares - I've been in the middle of my own this last week - dental pain just takes priority over every other aspect of life I found. My current problems were also caused by poor dental treatment in the past, but unfortunately, it was done in Germany, so there is no ACC help for me. Message me if you want to share horror stories!!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the suicide issue, I'll try and do some digging, although I know we have very limited reporting as it is. xxxmollyn

Drug history

• 20mg paxil in 2001 - 4 months use  
  • 20mg paxil in 2003 - 2 months use 
  • 20mg paxil in 2008 - 8 years continuous

Withdrawal history:

• March 2014 - disastrous alternate day taper
  • Jan 2015 - 15mg to 10mg. Disaster
  • Sept 2015 -  10mg to 5mg. Disaster. Reinstated to 6mg. Relief
  • Oct 2015 - started slow 10% taper 
  • Oct 2016 - at 4mg- stop taking paxil (not recommended)

I'm not a medical professional. Seek advice from a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

This came through from David Healy recently

Forgive this mass mailing.  I'm trying to raise the profile of an adverse event that really is quite different which I think holds the key to solving why SSRI type antidepressants cause so much dependence and akathisia and lead on to so many other problems.

At the same time this is about creating a people's movement.  So anything you can do to spread the word would be greatly appreciated - by for instance emailing the very brief video links below to anyone you think might be interested.

I'll keep the email brief as the salient details are in the video links or on the RxISK.org website, and I'll be happy to any answer questions any of you may have.

David

Well despite feeling that a cure for pssd may well be impossible I donated to the cause. 
In one of the above vids David actually claims they are close to a cure for pssd , I found that rather remarkable. Even so being close is often not close enough so i guess time will tell.
I'm putting this here for my future reference.

nz11

Recovering paxil addict

Thanks to all for the kind words and well wishes for my teeth issues.....its all okay now.

thankyou

Recovering paxil addict

• 2 weeks later...

Found a great post from Shep so saving it here:

.............................../.....................................

I posted a series of videos with Dr. Loren Mosher in conversation with Robert Whitaker over on my own thread, but I think this video also belongs on this thread. The video below was uploaded on 2006, but it was originally video taped in 2003. So the link between SSRI induced shootings has been known for a really long time by researchers and academics who came from mainstream medicine. 

Dr. Loren Mosher was once was chief of the Center for Studies of Schizophrenia at the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) but his work was de-funded due to his research in finding non-drug treatments for schizophrenia which are by far more effective, but not nearly as profitable. 

Psych Drug Pusher/Users, Antidepressants, & School Shooters video (8 minutes)

As Dr. Mosher states in the video:  "Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped." 

Now he's wrong in thinking that doctors would stop prescribing the drugs from his vantage point in 2003, but that doesn't negate the truth of what he's saying about the drugs, but rather, shows how powerful big pharma really is and how utterly corrupt the American Psychiatric Association is. 

Dr. Mosher summed up his thoughts on mainstream psychiatry here where he refers to the American Psychiatric Association as the American Psychopharmacological Association. 

Dr. Loren Mosher - Letter of Resignation from the American Psychiatric Association

.......................//...........................

Recovering paxil addict

While we are mentioning Mosher I was reminded of this statement from Mosher who was of the opinion people did better with empathy and understanding rather than drugs.

"I thought that sincere human involvement and understanding were critical to healing interactions,...the idea was to treat people as people, as human beings, with dignity and respect"

Mosher set up Soteria House in 1971 a story well worth reading about. 

Recovering paxil addict

• Moderator Emeritus
On 11/28/2017 at 10:39 AM, nz11 said:

As Dr. Mosher states in the video:  "Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped." 

That's the first thing I always think of too.

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2004-2008  paroxetine (various failed tapers) 
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct 15mg … slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg
2019  15 Mar 3.6mg  21 May 3.4mg  26 Dec 3.2mg 

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

2021   29 Aug 2.4mg   15 Nov 2.3mg

22 hours ago, Songbird said:

That's the first thing I always think of too.

Yep thats exactly what i think too.

Recovering paxil addict

me too....wisebecker

going postal

first story

vaults opened

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey NZ-- You got the jump on me again and started Christmas before me.  I've go an hour and a half to wait. (10:30 Christmas Eve here) I hope you're having am excellent celebration and that it continues well into the New Year.

Brass

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Thanks for the kind Christmas  wishes BM

It was a lovely sunny day.

I see you and I continue to go neck and neck with the post count. lol May it long continue!

Hope you have a great day tomorrow. 

nz11

Breaking news: Thanks to Trump we can say Merry Christmas again.

Recovering paxil addict

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/01/2017 at 4:59 AM, nz11 said:

post-2406-0-66773100-1483452247.png

Mettre ceci ici pour ma propre éducation

ci-dessus est une seringue de 1 ml et une seringue de 10 ml.

Utilisé pour le tapering utilisant le liquide.

thankyou

Mars 1997- juillet 1997 Anfranil 25 mg, Tranxène 5 mg, Librium 10 mg, sulpiride 50 mg (juillet 1997)

Oct 1997-nov 1998 Anfranil 25mg, Tranxène5mg (rétabli ces deux médicaments seulement)

Nov 1998-mar 2000 Drugs off ( tapered with my psychiatrist help)

Avril 2000-juin 2001 Anfranil 25mg, Tranxène5mg (réinstatement these only drugs after 18 months off)

jul 2001-sep 2010 Prozac 20mg, Tranxène 5mg (passé de l'anafranil 25 à Prozac 20mg depuis juillet 2001)

jun 2007- jan 2010 Tapered Tranxène 5mg ( quick tapered  it while steel on Prozac 20 mg(les choses se passaient bien, pas de retraits)

sep 2010-mai 2011 Prozac 20mg conique (les choses se passaient bien sans retrait)

mai2011-mar 2012 Dugs gratuits (les choses étaient bien, pas de retraits)

mars 2012 rétabli Prozac 20mg (too late reinstatement = adverse reactions ) 

mar 2012 -apr 2016 prozac 20 mg on / off plusieurs jours cold turkeyed ( going on it back & forth )  et réintégration (effets indésirables et embrasement, neurotoxicity ) 

avril 2016-2018 lexapro 10mg on / off depuis sep 2017 lexapro tapering (effets indésirables et embrasement)

thankyou  nz11

Mars 1997- juillet 1997 Anfranil 25 mg, Tranxène 5 mg, Librium 10 mg, sulpiride 50 mg (juillet 1997)

Oct 1997-nov 1998 Anfranil 25mg, Tranxène5mg (rétabli ces deux médicaments seulement)

Nov 1998-mar 2000 Drugs off ( tapered with my psychiatrist help)

Avril 2000-juin 2001 Anfranil 25mg, Tranxène5mg (réinstatement these only drugs after 18 months off)

jul 2001-sep 2010 Prozac 20mg, Tranxène 5mg (passé de l'anafranil 25 à Prozac 20mg depuis juillet 2001)

jun 2007- jan 2010 Tapered Tranxène 5mg ( quick tapered  it while steel on Prozac 20 mg(les choses se passaient bien, pas de retraits)

sep 2010-mai 2011 Prozac 20mg conique (les choses se passaient bien sans retrait)

mai2011-mar 2012 Dugs gratuits (les choses étaient bien, pas de retraits)

mars 2012 rétabli Prozac 20mg (too late reinstatement = adverse reactions ) 

mar 2012 -apr 2016 prozac 20 mg on / off plusieurs jours cold turkeyed ( going on it back & forth )  et réintégration (effets indésirables et embrasement, neurotoxicity ) 

avril 2016-2018 lexapro 10mg on / off depuis sep 2017 lexapro tapering (effets indésirables et embrasement)

Don’t know if I said all those French words

but okay thanks accepted you’re welcome

Nz11

choco chip with cookie dough ice cream is very good stuff...just discovered it.

Recovering paxil addict

• Moderator Emeritus

nz - you have many talents.  I'm not surprised:D to learn that you can write "en français" without recalling having done so.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

lol :)

Glad to see you around again SW. Thanks for popping in.

Cant believe how many new people are joining at the moment. 

Seasons greetings.

Recovering paxil addict

Spent the morning reading about Trintillex and learnt some things, posted it in the trintellix thread.

Just outrageous what pharma are doing ... 

19 minutes ago, nz11 said:

Just been reading about this trintellix as it is a new word to me and has come to my attention as new people are joining who are taking it.

My goodness this drug costs $340 for thirty  5mg tablets.

That's basically $11 a tablet!!!! And that's the price for cash paying customers its apparently different for insurance payers! (no doubt more).

Lets say a doctor gets $100 a month prescribing kickback.

Then if he has 100 patients on it then he will get ...wait for it $10,000 a month or $120,000 a year for doing nothing!!!!

Question: If you were a doctor would you like to get more people on trintellix? Would you inform them that once started it may be difficult to get off the drug?

Answer: What do you think!

I'd be interested to know what the mg:mg dose equivalent is say with any other ad. Anyone know that?

It looks like the pharma marketing department have been doing some overtime thinking up some more nonmedical and non scientific terms ...such as ' serotonin modulator and simulator. '

nz11

I cant help but feel we are going to be reading about a lot more 'trintellix-ers ' this year and in the years to come.  

Recovering paxil addict

• Moderator Emeritus
5 minutes ago, nz11 said:

I'd be interested to know what the mg:mg dose equivalent is say with any other ad. Anyone know that?

My understanding is that it is on the stronger side and roughly equivalent to Lexapro.  Starting dose recommended at 10mg which makes the 5mg cost even MORE ridiculous.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Thanks for that Andy

yeah I was thinking with the low doses we are seeing it might be rather powerful.

I will make a note as being a lex equivalent.

Its a good time to be a doctor eh!

Thanks for popping in haven't seen you since last year.

regards

nz11

Recovering paxil addict

@apace41

I'm trying out this new little way of getting others attention.....;)

Andy from your  wealth of knowledge what is your understanding on the neurotransmitters that are hit by Trintellix? 

Is it all of them ?? or just serotonin. ? or...?

regards

confused.

Recovering paxil addict

• Moderator Emeritus
5 minutes ago, nz11 said:

I'm trying out this new little way of getting others attention.....;)

Andy from your  wealth of knowledge what is your understanding on the neurotransmitters that are hit by Trintellix? 

Is it all of them ?? or just serotonin. ? or...?

Wow, NZ!  That worked well!  Calling me out and all that.  

My understanding is that Trintellex works only on serotonin BUT it works in two different ways:

Like SSRIs it functions to inhibit reuptake of serotonin in the synapse.

IN ADDITION, what is "new" about the drug is that it modulates serotonin receptor activity so that it effectively alters the way the serotonin receptors act (presumably to allow the receptors to be more effective at obtaining and receiving serotonin).  Thus, it has 2 different approaches to addressing the goal of most antidepressants -- the increase of serotonin activity (which we would presumably all agree is a bunch of hogwash).

Here's my theory.  When you boost serotonin you will usually get a short term "high" which helps to alleviate depression.  Thus, the sense that the SSRI is working so well.  As we know, it quickly wears off as the receptors adapt and downregulate.  Enter Trintellex which is great for those who have suffered poop out as it acts like an SSRI "on steroids" and gives the victim (oops, I mean patient) another "boost" of serotonin high so that he/she believes this new med is now "doing the trick."  Over time, however, the body again achieves homeostasis and the patient is stuck on a more potent med that is even harder to get off of and reverse the effects of.  Some of this is speculation, however, it is fairly informed speculation.  ;)

Hope that helps.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Wow that was a fast reply.

I think i'll have to use this little sa posting trick more often lol.

This sounds like Californian rocket fuel in one pill ! Great.

38 minutes ago, apace41 said:

the body again achieves homeostasis and the patient is stuck on a more potent med that is even harder to get off of and reverse the effects of

How convenient when victims are paying $11 for a 5mg pill. 

I can now see the true benefits of  'double the dose' !!

As one particular American would say....'Sad' 

Thanks Andy.

Recovering paxil addict

Book review coming up.

Promised one of the mods I would finish a book I started called 'The pill that steals lives' 

So by the end of this month I will post some choice highlighted sentences. She mixes her psychotropic drug escape story with her own research. (for anyone who has spent a month or so at sa the research will be nothing new but she summarizes it well).

She writes well. She uses the 'f' word a lot so I was surprised at that. Well actually no I'm not surprised drug wdl can do that to a person! Hopefully I will finish it by the end of the month else I will be back at work and then I wont have a chance to  finish it till next summer.

Recovering paxil addict