☼ nz11 climbs onboard

nz11

As an extra note,

Gwen Owen from the Wellness seminar 2015 said,

about 70 % of the americans currently taking antidepressants aren't even depressed !! Helloooo.

thats 30 million times 0.7 giving 21 million Americans completely scammed. ..and their health in serious danger.

Let me just say this if anything or anyone in this world were to assault 21 million Americans, say kidnapping them and holding them hostage against there wills, like you know by uninformed consent like, then there would be a national outcry- the awakening of a sleeping giant like you had never seen or ever imagined yet that giant just sleeps on.

Please sleeping giant will you wake up.

Owen : A whistleblower for 10 years, three books, two websites. Started a business called Mental Health Alchemist, “Transform your mental agony into your spiritual goal.”

Author of 'Confessions of an Rx drug pusher'

"There is such prolific drugging of the population with psychiatric drugs  for non-psychiatric conditions." Owen.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

I was keeping a list of reasons people started on ADs but lost it with the collapse of Prior Place.  It was very interesting ranging from Anger issues, bed wetting, shoulder pain (thanks NZ11), nail biting, hair chewing, grief over loss of a loved one, low sex drive, high sex drive, fear of driving, sleep issues, vivid dreams, teenage angst, social anxiety, rear of public speaking to name what I can remember.  Very few people reported being put on them for real "clinical depression", the thing they were designed for.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Ridiculous

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

I was keeping a list of reasons people started on ADs but lost it with the collapse of Prior Place.  It was very interesting ranging from Anger issues, bed wetting, shoulder pain (thanks NZ11), nail biting, hair chewing, grief over loss of a loved one, low sex drive, high sex drive, fear of driving, sleep issues, vivid dreams, teenage angst, social anxiety, rear of public speaking to name what I can remember.  Very few people reported being put on them for real "clinical depression", the thing they were designed for.

Yes thats right i remember some of those. some were just ridiculous....i remember that fear of public speaking one.

Sounds like all the side effects this drug induces if you ask me.

What would often horrify me was  every person was completely oblivious to the nature of the drug  they were actually swallowing.

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

That just happened to us though eh?

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Yes Land L i was clueless as to the nature of what i was swallowing...assured it was not addictive and no side effects...and guess what ...i believed it !   ahhhhh

Recovering paxil addict

It seemed to me that everyone concerned was completely oblivious to the nature of the drugs and their initially intended audience.  Once the drugs got out of the institutions it all went pear shaped.  It's part of why I'm not too quick to put the blame on the doctors because in many cases they seemed to be as clueless and trusting as we were.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus

"Forgive them , for they know not what they do."

Someone famous said something like that . . . anyone?

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

These were Jesus"s words from the cross asking forgiveness for those who put him to death. More widely , the plea was for all humanity.

However I don't think we can forgive "Big Pharma", as they know exactly what they're doing !

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• Moderator Emeritus

Also IBS, stomach pain, headaches, and to help people deal with having cancer.

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2004-2008  paroxetine (various failed tapers) 
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct 15mg … slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg
2019  15 Mar 3.6mg  21 May 3.4mg  26 Dec 3.2mg 

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

2021   29 Aug 2.4mg   15 Nov 2.3mg

Menopause

• Moderator Emeritus

Post 295 , Brassmonkey " It's part of why I'm not too quick to put the blame on the doctors because in many cases they seemed to be as clueless and trusting as we were.

Luke 23:34 -    Father , forgive them , for they know not what they do.    

I meant the doctors.

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

I know you meant the doctors, Fresh. I was just saying perhaps we can forgive  the doctors, however  I don't think we can forgive "Big Pharma".

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hey NZ just saying "Hi" across the Tasman.

It sounds like you are doing very well, well, except for the anger - but I see that as healthy!  

Rage, rage against the dying of the light!  (which is exactly what the AD's did for us).

Another reason people start AD's:  aging, dementia, and cog-fog!  Did you mention normal grief and sadness?

Another day, another trillion dollars.  

Hope you saw the sun today!

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Hi Jan thanks for popping in .

Vertical and ventilating and thats got to be healthy for sure.

Recovering paxil addict

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh yeah, Fresh wrote on your thread:

I wouldn't get too hung up on phrases like "permanent brain damage".   Come on , you didn't think we'd recover completely

unscathed did you?

Brain changes , even permanent ones , are not the same as profound retardation.  We all have strengths and and now need to

work out how best to use them.   It doesn't matter that we're different to how we might have been.

Well, hey.  If you think about it that way, LIFE causes permanent brain damage.  We have to fight the battle against aging every day of our lives!  So - what's a little drug damage among friends?  I'm not denying your anger or your righteousness - I have it too - but Fresh has a point.  And I would add:  if Life causes permanent damage - well - that puts the venlafaxine damage into a different perspective, doesn't it?

Glad you are vertical and ventilating - I don't know about your side of the sea, but the sun is gorgeous today, I hope you see it!

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

• Mentor

Sorry just the ramblings of an older and wiser woman........... adding to the list of why were are given psych drugs, without even knowing......  I should have known better, I worked in pathology!

Exhaustion  (exhausted mother, no help).  But damn my gp was a male?  aggghhh!

Menopause

Insominia

Grief  

Grief again, but seeing as zoloft had killed my baby, I managed to stay off and get pregnant again.........healthy baby....

I passionately hate these liars, that these drugs are safe and effective, non addictive.............. omg, wish I had listened to my mother, not my sister.  My sister managed to convince me it wasnt the drugs, it was that the gps didnt know how to prescribe them.......... How stupid I was, the psychiatrists know they are horrific, they know they hand them out, like we are lab rats, when the drugs are not even properly trialled, they are truly, self important arrogant and they know no one will question them,,,,,,,,,,,,Mine was an abhorrent, a**ehole. sorry.  I question them now. Yes he judged me, when I used to be a very, very clever person, was a a challenge, for him to conquor?  All I know is he has bolted overseas, too many court cases.  John Booth.......  in UK I think?  avoid him.

The only time, I actually really think I had true depression, was when I was 15, didnt know what way my life was headed............ what happened?  GP said he doesnt believe in medicating, I went to school, I excelled, I ate, I slept, I plodded on......................   I got over it in 12 months............... unmedicated....................    I wish I could hug that doctor!!!!!!!!!!!

Then I got told damn 15 years later!  convinced that I would keep suffering depression, it gets worse, so I took Dothiepin, and my descent into a stuffed up life began.......Before I stupidly saw my sisters psychiatrist, I had no labels, had no medications, NOTHING>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    Then the descent into hell began!    Psychiatry is a bullsh*t industry......But who the hell ever questions a psychiatrist?  We all feel so meek and vulnerable.......... I dont anymore!

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.

tried to post a pic but it didnt let me

....later think i got it

How many people can you see?

ATT00043.jpg

Recovering paxil addict

• Mentor

Read about big Pharma,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,like pertussis is spread by those vaccinated, yes fully vaccinted mothers, without sypmtoms, give it to their newborn babies, but the mothers vaccine immunity doesnt pass to babies in breastmilk............. I am a pathologist, who wished I didnt know, what I know........................ sorry for hijacking a thread.............. the mercks of this world, are liars, are horrible, they want to keep people chronically ill, and medicated................................................  thank god for this site... commonsense, logic, and hopefully one day vengeance

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.

So ang i assume then you are saying you saw the baby in the picture.

well i have to confess i had to have it pointed out to me.

Recovering paxil addict

• Moderator Emeritus

I see a big foetus as well as the couple . . . what does it mean?

Lovely news in the post you deleted . . . I'm so happy for you!   I'd love to read the presentation . . . ???

Is the connection between Florida and quizup CW?

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

presentation ...dont know what you r talking about...sorry

Actually talking about presentations ...only 9 days to go and there will be a presentation in the BMJ and i cant wit to read it ....study 329 re-written

As for the CW reference i dont know what you u r talking about but i will say this CW is very intelligent person...something everybody already knows.

Recovering paxil addict

Note to myself

nz11, please : Think twice thrice, post once, unpost nonce!

Recovering paxil addict

• 4 weeks later...

Today is 28 Sept 2015,

Drug free on 28 Sept 2010...That makes 5 years drug free today!

Still feel like Rip Van Winkle actually i feel like i am still waking up. I have said it before, and i will say it again, withdrawal is like an onion you peel away a layer at a time and sometimes you cry.

Haven't had any crying spells for a long time now. But feel there are still layers of wdl crap yet to be peeled away.

The disabling disorientating brain fog seems to continue to  improve.

At 5 years i feel my emotional response mechanism is still very compromised.

Anhedonia

Chronic fatigue and chronic muscle weakness continues.

Continue to be very damaged sexually. No sign as yet of improvement ..Do i think it is permanent ? What do you think? I am unable to feel experience or manufacture any feelings in this area whatsoever.

Nerve twitching continues though dont seem to have had it in my eyelids for a while.

Sleep issues continue ..constantly waking at 2-4 am .I get up have a snack and read some sa posts listen to music and try to fall asleep.

Nose bleeds have been very common.

Stools still diarrhea-ish.

Issues with  memory, concentration and being able to read. I can only read so much then i feel like having a sleep.

World famous within family and friends for flatulence.

I try to do voluntary work not sure if i have the strength to hold down a job as yet. Though i recently applied for one.

Lost all strength in my voice and unable to sing since going drug free.

Apathy rules. But i do my best to fight it.

still have yet to pick up my racquets and get back on court ...enjoying a sport that was once a fanatical and passionate persuit.

Next to me is a spiral bound folder of letters its 1 and a half inches high ...i kid you not ...it contains 3 years (i was a nonfunctioning human incapable of very much in the first 2 years) of prolific complaint letters to media, doctor complaint authorities, regulatory organisations, adverse reaction centres, HDC, ACC, direct to advertising tv hosts inviting them to try some of the crap they are peddling, newspapers, MPs,, Health boards, magazines, journalists.  i have persued every avenue of complaint possible as well as trying to raise a voice of concern and warning.

Heres the latest reply from the HDC after i have sent them a copy of the BMJ 16 Sept 15 press release stating that paroxetine is unsafe and not effective. You would think they would thank me for bringing it to their attention yet they write unless legally obligated they have no intention to reply to any more of my letters.

Yep its all fallen on deaf ears. I cant really see the folder getting much higher now.

i continue to get hope from reading Luke Montagues,and other success/recovery stories from prior place as well as being aware that it took one person i know of 9 years to recover.

As long as i continue to see improvements i am happy to be chasing moving goalposts.

Paraphrased quote of  the year is this,

'Keep well away from the medical profession should you be suffering anything that an ssri could be prescribed  for'

Gotzsche; Deadly psychiatry and organised denial. 2015,   I'm with you Peter!

Was gutted to loose pp last year, however very thankful for sa. 

Looking forward to the next five years.

Better days are yet to come.

Recovering paxil addict

congratulations for your 5 years free, I really hope it continues improving for you.

Hopefully some day in the future, all this injustice will stop happening and the truth will be more valuable than the money... I hope some day..

Wish you the best

About me ------------------------ College student with a history of anxiety, excessive worrying and health anxiety.

April 2014 - May 2015----------    Prozac 20mg On and Off.  Second time on it I developed apathy, changes in personality, asexuality.

May 2015  -   July 2015-----------------  Tappering off prozac. Still no feelings,anhedonia, apathy, no libido, asexuality.

Current symptoms--------  pssd (asexuality in my case). Anxiety and depression developed some months afer stopping prozac, could have been caused by obsessing and beating myself up too much when I found myself unable to like girls again. The best thing to do with pssd (which in my case is asexuality) is accept it and move on.

sorry for all your suffering,NZ11...I admire your efforts to get some response toall this misery...you've fought long and hard...I can't believe it just falls on deaf ears..so frustrating.

I was on and off these drugs for 20 years but never had the problems I've had with paxil...only on it 6 mos. and still suffering almost 17 mos. off...it should be banned...

anyway ,just wanted to congratulate you, and hope you see much more recovery soon...wish you all the best  xo

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Hi Mark and congratulations! Five years off ....... a huge accomplishment and one to be proud of. You seem to have many of the ......... what I like to call ....... residual issues......... that I have. At this point I am refusing to call it 'WD' as I feel it is better for my own mental health to think of them as after effects of taking these foul poisons. Will these things be permanent? Only time will tell but at 4 and a half years off I have to admit that I have more or less accepted that this could be it (even the pesky tinnitus). That being said ......... I am grateful that I am a functioning human being and completely drug free ......... BIG lesson learned which, I suspect, will help me (and all of us) in the future. Left eyelid twitching away as I type this LOL. Again ....... congratulations and I wish you more healing. Thanks for posting! Jackie

Hey Mark--  Congratulations on five years of being free of these poisons.  You mentioned your thick notebook full of complaint letters, but I didn't see any mention of the huge amount of research you've done, that has helped countless people both here and at Prior Place.  Not to mention the support you have given people over the years, me included.  For both of which I have to say a big THANK YOU.  Keep healing and keep up the good work.

Thanks Theon, direstraits Caperjackie, Brassmonkey,

I am very humbled by your kind replies.

I feel my update may have been a bit negative so i just want to say i am definitely light years better than where i was even a year ago...as Jackie says i also am very happy to be alive.

In hindsight i wish i had done the BM taper but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Recovering paxil addict

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello NZ11,

That's a real long haul you've done there, and are still doing.  Thanks for continuing to share how things go - for those of us way back at the beginning it's invaluable. 

Karen (also in nz)

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

Thanks KarenB,

Karen have you considered writing a letter of complaint concerning your situation to at Centre for adverse reactions managment (CARM) Dunedin,

Also you may consider making a complaint about your doctor to the HDC.

If you have not done so would you consider it.

nz11

Recovering paxil addict

Been reading 

Dr Shipko’s informed consent for SSRI antidepressants.

2012, e-book

[insert mine].

Its only about 4 dollars on amazon.

Its quite short so i typed it out on word but will only post a short piece as i dont want to breach copyright.

For some time i have been curious as to what his tapering method is.

................................................................................//........................................................................

Patients may not be able to stop SSRI medications when they want to.

For the first year or two, most patients can stop the SSRIs with minimal and sometimes no discomfort. [This has been my feeling as well]

Despite this general observation, I have seen patients who are unable to stop SSRI medications after as little as a month of use. [so have i].

A common belief is that as long as the medication is stopped slowly enough that the patient will be able to stop taking it. My experience is that even with a very slow tapering, some patients have so much discomfort that stopping is not an option.

[so Stuart what is your tapering method? cos..….5%, 6% of previous dose per month is working for many].

later on i come to this...

The general rule is that for each year that you have been on an SSRI you are going to need a month of tapering but this is highly variable.

A 10% reduction is considered a reasonable first cut. To achieve the smaller dosage reductions, sometimes it is necessary to use liquid forms of the antidepressant. In an uncomplicated situation where a dosage cut causes minimal or no discomfort, then the next cut will be generally be in two weeks. When uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms do occur, then I wait, sometimes months until the symptoms subside before cutting the dosage any further. If symptoms are intolerably uncomfortable and interfering with functioning, then it may be preferable to reinstate a higher dosage.

[This is clearly for some actually a whole heap far too fast, the 10 % of previous dose per month is far better and giving people a better chance of escape].

.........................................//.....................................................................................

So there you have it

No disrespect to Stuart who i might say i think is a top person very kind and generous with his time and even answered an email once from a certain person from the bottom of the world.

However i do believe that even world authority figures have trouble conceiving of tapers that last for several years.

Recovering paxil addict

Hi NZ 11,

There are not a lot of words.  I understand , empathize, &  commiserate.   However, it does get better, and you are proof of that.  You still have symptoms, obviously, but are on an upward spiral , " hurtling"  towards recovery.   Thank you for that update.  I think it helps everyone, to hear your story, & to see the progress you have made.Five years is an " epic" journey & one that continues for you , in a seemingly positive  way.     Congratulations.    Ali.

• Moderator Emeritus

I hadn't thought of those options.  On my last doctor's visit I got her to agree to write an adverse reaction report to pharmac, and she wrote down my list of symptoms to include.  She also said that nothing will happen - pharmac will just send a letter saying they received it.  I said, well send it anyway.

I guess Carm is something different?  I'll look it up.  

I think I am not as brave as you to complain about my doctor formally.  I keep thinking how awkward in a small town, after she has been my doctor for about 5 years... I am scared to rock the boat, at least she prescribes the pills I need for tapering.

I'll think on it...

Karen

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

Thanks Ali.for the encouragement.

KarenB perhaps you could see it through a different lens ...see a complaint to the HDC and CARM and your MP as a way of doing your doc a favor ensuring she gets some much needed professional development or even view it as giving support to those who have already brought this to the authorities attention ..its just another gentle reminder for them.

Do you know what happened in Stockholm in August 1973?

Well today i finally managed to finish the last chapter in 2 books i've been slowly plodding through them over a couple of months ...turned them into coloring books actually

They are 'Anatomy of an epidemic by Whitaker,and,

America Fooled  by Scott

Wow what an excellent book 'anatomy' is.

Here is a little piece i enjoyed from Anatomy...

Chapter 16 'Blueprints for Reform'

it opens with the quote

"I think its time for another hunger strike" Vince Boehm 2009.

..........................................//..........................................

On July 28, 2003, six psychiatric survivors associated with Mindfreedom International, a patient’s rights and organisation, announced a fast for freedom. David Oakes, Vince Boehm and four others sent a letter to the American psychiatric Association, NAMI, and the US office of the Surgeon General stating that they would begin a hunger strike unless one of the organisations provided “scientifically valid evidence” that the various stories they told to the public about mental disorders were true.

Among other things, the Mindfreedom group asked for evidence proving that major mental illness are “biologically based brain diseases” and for evidence that “any psychiatric drug can correct a chemical imbalance” in the brain.

The MindFreedom Six had put together a scientific panel to review the organisations replies, an advisory group that included Loren Mosher,[ Mosher was the recipient of psychiatry policing its own ranks in the late 1970's he was ousted from the NIMH for having run his Soteria experiment - in summary showing better results were obtained by not drugging people]  and they demanded that if the APA and the others couldn’t provide  such scientific evidence, you “you publicly admit to media, government officials, and the general public that you are unable to do so.”

Here is how the APA responded: “the answers to your questions are widely available in the scientific literature, and have been for years,” wrote medical Director James Scully. He suggested that they read the US surgeon Generals 1999 mental health report, or an APA textbook, co-edited by Nancy Andreasen. “This is a 'user-friendly' textbook for persons just being introduced to the field of psychiatry,” he explained.

Only the uneducated, it seemed, ask  such dumb questions.

But Scully had failed to list any citations, and so the six “psychiatric survivors” began their hunger strike, and when their scientific advisors reviewed the text that Scully had referred them to, they found no citations there, either. Instead, the texts all grudgingly acknowledged the same bottom line. “The precise causes (etiology) of mental disorders are not known,”

US Surgeon General Satcher confessed in his 1999 report. Mindfreedom’s scientific panel, in its August 22 reply to Scully, observed that the strikers had asked “clear questions about the science of psychiatry,” and yet the APA had brushed them off. “By not giving specific answers to the specific questions posed by the hunger strikers, you appear to be affirming the very reason for the hunger strike."

The APA never answered that letter. Instead, after the Mindfreedom group broke their fast (several started to have health problems0, it issued a press release, stating that the APA, NAMI, and the rest of the psychiatric community “will not be distracted by those who would deny that serious mental disorders are real medical conditions that can be diagnosed accurately and treated effectively.”

But it was clear to all observers who had won this battle. The strikers had called the APA’s bluff, and the APA had come up empty. It hadn’t come up with a single citation that supported the “brain disease” story it told to the public.

The Mindfreedom six, along with their scientific panel, then issued a clarion call for help:

We urge members of the public, journalists, advocates and officials reading this exchange to ask for straightforward answers to our questions from the APA. We also ask Congress to investigate the mass deception that the “diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders,” as promoted by bodies such as the APA and its powerful allies, represents in American today.

The strike, noted Mindfreedom Executive Director David Oakes, stirred articles in the Washington post and the Los Angeles Times. “The purpose of the strike was to educate the public. It was about empowering the public and getting them to talk about these issues, which affect everyone. It was about challenging the corporate bullying of the public mind”.

……. In his  1992 book ‘How to become a schizophrenic’, John Modrow  – who had been so diagnosed – wrote the following: “How then are we to help schizophrenics? The answer is simple: “STOP the lies!”

In essence, that’s what the Mindfreedom six were demanding, and as the advisory panel observed, this is a perfectly rational request. And that, I think, sums up the challenge that we, as a society, now face. How do we break up the psychiatry – and – drug – company partnership that, as we have seen, regularly does lie to us? How can we insist that our society’s mental health system be driven by honest science rather than by a partnership that is constantly seeking to expand the market for psychiatric drugs?

p 331-333

In Alaska case law antipsychotics are no longer viewed as treatment that will necessarily help psychotic people. p 356

........................................................//.................................................

Recovering paxil addict

Hi  NZ. Ive been avoiding all things WD for a while now  But I came back here to read your update. (rumour mill sent me here)

Youre a soldier . You helped me through my worst times so im here to send moral support and a big Hug

. We,re alive , even though at times we doubted that we would make it.!!. Im still in a VERY bad place at times and im 41 months free.

Think now ive come back I might stick around and talk to you some more. All the best  Jo xxx

Ct from 60mg Prozac May 2012

Taper from 2.4mg Nitrapepam  for 1 and half yrs.Finally over on Nov 17th 2014

Still in a very bad place :(