A Trip to the Library

alexjuice

Not being able to research online of late, I've checked out some books from the library. I need a better grounding in the bg science.

I've checked out 15 books on a wide variety of the relevant topics and from people across the spectrum... Nancy Andreason to Steven Pinker. I hope to learn something with application.

I didn't check out any of the anti-psych med books, like Whittaker, Breggin or Healy. I have read that stuff or have a sense of its message. I'm the choir when it comes to those guys and need no more preaching. I do hope to expand my understanding, despite the challenges in the undertaking.

If anyone knows of other books in the areas of neuroscience, neuropsychiatry, organic chemistry, psychopharmacology, pharma industry, nutrition for brain, brain health, neurotransmitters... anything really, please share recommendations as I am going more to paper for a bit.

alex.i

ps - to my American mates, wishing a merry 4th of July. also to stan, and all other French, this a fine time to thank the good people of France for both their navy in the 1770s and the big lady on Liberty Island. Cheers!

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

• Administrator

Great idea, alex.

Yes, hooray for our friends from foreign lands! And the Canadians, too! :)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy