Asthenia: Weakness, muscle fatigue in legs, arms or body

DLB

On 5/10/2022 at 7:31 PM, rebeccaannxo said:

Has anyone experienced full body weakness? When I try to stand or walk for any length of time my body is shaky and tired feeling, anxiety sets in like I’ll collapse or that I can’t stand for long. I also have vision and balance issues which makes walking hard. My arms and upper body feel like vibrations or trembling. This makes me housebound most days, I can’t go out in public like this and some days can barely walk down the street! 

Hello

I’m dealing with severe weakness throughout my body but it’s pretty bad on my right leg. I had lost so much muscle mass and strength. This is very frustrating because I used to train calisthenics every day. 
I was studying and working abroad and had to leave  everything behind to return home with my family. I can’t function and barely can walk to the kitchen and back. My cousin has to carry me down the apartment.

I really don’t understand what is wrong. Next week I’ll go to my second neurologist to see if more tests can be done. 

I would suggest you to go get checked just to clear out any possible problems. If everything seems right, we can just suppose that it’s due to withdrawal. 

What I’m trying right now is:      - Moving and trying to walk as much as possible.(Just a few steps)
- Trying to exercise the rest of my body which is not so weak. (Very light exercise)

- Eating healthy and clean (no sugar, bread, white rice, etc.. lot’s of good protein and vegetables)

- Supplementation with the assistance of a professional if possible..

Please keep the update going..

2017 - 2019 Ketazolam (Benzo) and Pregabalin.

2019 Trazadon (for 2 months)

2019 Klonazepam (for a week)

2019 Stoped Trazadon, Started Escitalopram 20 mg.

2019 - 2021 Escitalopram (20 mg for a year and a half, then, I tapered the dosage by 1/8 each month) off by Dec. 2021

Tried: Magnesium + B6, Omega 3, St John’s Wort, Valerian root

Currently taking: Nucleo Forte (supplement for nerves)

B complex vitamins.

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone,

I am slowly tapering Cipralex (Lexapro) and I am trying to figure out how to reduce this wd symptom of overall muscle weakness and fatigue.

It is really draining, especially in the legs and arms. It is hard for me to work, hard to walk or do everyday stuff like chores.

How do you cope with the chronic fatigue to make it better?

Any suggestions? Does it improve over time?

Story in short:

• May 2017 - 10mg Lenuxin (escitalopram), 1mg Fluanxol
  • June 2018 - off all medicaments (had mild withdrawal symptoms)
  • June 2019 - Lenuxin was discontinued, started 10mg Cipralex (escitalopram), 1mg Fluanxol
  • June 2020 - started taper - 2 months on 5mg Cipralex, 0.5 Fluanxol - (1/2 dose)
  • September 2020 - 1 month on 2.5mg Cipralex, 0 Fluanxol
  • November 2020 - started skipping 2.5mg Cipralex
  • December 2020 - March 2021 - withdrawals (headaches, nausea, tremor, anxiety, agoraphobia, insomnia)
  • March 2021 - re-instantiated 10mg Cipralex, 1mg Fluanxol
  • September 2021 - started taper - 4 months - 5mg Cipralex, 0.5 Fluanxol - (1/2 dose)
  • January 2022 - 3 months - 2.5mg Cipralex
  • April 2022 - off medicaments
  • May 2022 - withdrawal symptoms (severe insomnia - 1,2 hours broken sleep - and vomiting, nausea, daily headaches, brain zaps, anxiety, fatigue)
  • May 2022 - July 2022 - tried some things for sleep (Trazodone - helped only for a week, Hedonin - awful side effects, Valerian - did not help, Melatonin 1mg/3mg/5mg/10mg - did not help, 5-HTP - did not help)
  • Start of August 2022 - could not handle insomnia and vomiting - re-instantiated 5mg Cipralex, 1mg Fluanxol
  • End of August 2022 - added + 25mg Agomelatine (Valdoxan) for sleep.
  • Start of October 2022 - up-dosed Cipralex to 10mg and tapered successfully Fluanxol (1mg -> 0.5mg -> 0mg from 18.10.2022 - no withdrawal effects)
  • Start of November 2022 - tapered successfully Valdoxan (25mg -> 12.5mg -> 0mg from 19.11.2022 - no withdrawal effects)

Current Cipralex/Lexapro Taper:

• Today (December 2022) - left only on 10mg Cipralex (tablet).
  • 6 December 2022 - switching to liquid (5mg tablet, 5mg liquid)
  • 12 January 2023 - switching to liquid (10mg liquid = 0.5ml)
  • 1 March 2023 - taper dose (9mg escitalopram = 0.45ml in liquid)
  • 1 April 2023 - taper dose (8mg escitalopram = 0.4ml in liquid)
  • 20 May 2023 - taper dose (7.2mg escitalopram = 0.36ml in liquid)
  • 1 July 2023 - taper dose (6.4mg escitalopram = 0.32ml in liquid)
  • 1 Sept 2023 - taper dose (5.8mg escitalopram = 0.29ml in liquid)
  • 24 Sept 2023 - reinstated 6.4mg due to withdrawal symptoms (anxiety, panic, sleep disturbances, gastritis, nausea, very fatigued)
  • October 2023 - hold at 6.4mg - sleep issues gone, nausea/gastritis is better, manageable anxiety, left with fatigue/muscle weakness and aches and head tension
  • 1 Jan 2024 - still at 6.4mg - bad fatigue, body aches and muscle soreness + weakness, burping, easily triggered anxiety, hypersensitivity to sounds and some lights.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy