SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ Coldturkmama: Paxil 14 years, cold turkey, protracted withdrawal

coldturkmama

Hi ColdTurkMama, I'm glad to hear the surgery went well. And super-glad you had a quite good day!

2009: Cancer hospital said I had adjustment disorder because I thought they were doing it wrong. Their headshrinker prescribed Effexor, and my life set on a new course. I didn't know what was ahead, like a passenger on Disneyland's Matterhorn, smiling and waving as it climbs...clink, clink, clink.

2010: Post surgical accidental Effexor discontinuation by nurses, masked by intravenous Dilaudid. (The car is balanced at the top of the track.) I get home, pop a Vicodin, and ...

Whooosh...down, down, down, down, down...goes the trajectory of my life, up goes my mood and tendency to think everything is a good idea.
2012: After the bipolar jig was up, now a walking bag of unrelated symptoms, I went crazy on Daytrana (the Ritalin skin patch by Noven), because ADHD was a perfect fit for a bag of unrelated symptoms. I was prescribed Effexor for the nervousness of it, and things got neurological. An EEG showed enough activity to warrant an epilepsy diagnosis rather than non-epileptic ("psychogenic") seizures.

:o 2013-2014: Quit everything and got worse. I probably went through DAWS: dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome. I drank to not feel, but I felt a lot: dread, fear, regret, grief: an utter sense of total loss of everything worth breathing about, for almost two years.

I was not suicidal but I wanted to be dead, at least dead to the experience of my own brain and body.

2015: I  began to recover after adding virgin coconut oil and organic grass-fed fed butter to a cup of instant coffee in the morning.

I did it hoping for mental acuity and better memory. After ten days of that, I was much better, mood-wise. Approximately neutral.

And, I experienced drowsiness. I could sleep. Not exactly happy, I did 30 days on Wellbutrin, because it had done me no harm in the past. 

I don't have the DAWS mood or state of mind. It never feel like doing anything if it means standing up.

In fact, I don't especially like moving. I'm a brain with a beanbag body.   :unsure:

I second that -  :lol: - now for me, it's beddy-bye time...... -_-....nighty-night........zzzzz

Hell hath no fury as an SSRI scorned.....

Prozac:   20 mg 1996 – May 2003 CT to 0 mg; by Aug 03 CRASH then protracted WD 3 yrs

Zoloft:    2004 few weeks;, CT to 0 mg

Effexor:  2005 few months CT to 0 mg; bad withdrawal. 

Lexapro:  10 mg from 2009 – 2011; cut dose in half to:

Lexapro:    5 mg from 2011 – Feb. 2014; CT to 0 mg; 2 months of fatigue, followed by:
Aug - Oct 2014 Lexapro WD Insomnia Wave; sleeping very good from Nov 2014 - Nov 2015; broken sleep pattern Dec 2015 - Jan 2016

Dec 2014 - present: Brutal Lexapro WD ear ringing/head ringing/head pressure lasting for 14 months now.

24 months SSRI-free  

Hi Coldturkmama,

I'm a refugee from PP too and think I can remember seeing you there, but we did not correspond much. More's the pity, but it is difficult to keep up with everyone.

I made a punt and decided to reposnd to the first person on the 'Introductions Page', and it was you...so here I am, having made good contact by the look.

I c/t'd half of my 30 mg Mirtazapine 18 months ago, then suffered KILL ME NOW Serotonin Syndtome(Lexepro), and now the WD which I am still undergoing, 18 months down the track.

But it is sooo much better, than when acute and more ignorant. The notion of the always open window appealed to me, as I get the hypomania too, and get it all muddled as to, is this 'reality', "am I feling manic", "is this WD", "this feel good, but it wont last", feelings? I do, but am getting much better able to handle those feelings and circumstances now, learning.

Just dropped in to say hi, but can't help but think that 14 months out, is along time for a girl to go. I take my hat off to you. I guess, we all have to keep batting, no matter what. Unlees, that is, something really clatochlismic happens. Smile

Good to see you all there and happy to meet you ColdTurkmama.

steeley - I canot edit, so please excuse typos, grammer, etc. )

Prescribed 30mg Mirtazapine approximately 10 years ago.  PTSD 

C/T 50% of dose - dreadful, hellish

Begin to reduce by 10% every 3-6 weeks

now:

5.11.14 4.50mg - going to wait a bit longer

Good to meet you too! :)

Things are definitely improving that's for sure.

O you're 18 months out? What symptoms are you having these days?

I'm so glad for the good windows, makes things easier to get through.

Paxil 20mg from 1998-2011 

Paxil 40mg from 2011-2012 while experiencing poopout

October 2013 quit cold turkey

Oct-mid Nov 2013 great window

Late November WD nightmare 

Windows and waves pattern 

Now: 28 months cold turkey...doing decent learning to deal with the windows/waves pattern fighting it every step of the way. 

Hey guys, just check-ing in! :)

Had a decent day, mostly. Some head pressure and mild anxiety but seeing as how life has been very stressful here lately, I still think I'm doing good. I went to see my dad in hospital today, even rode the elevator several times without feeling anxious. I loathe confined spaces like that!

Dad gets out tomorrow. ;) yay! Pacemaker success!

On the way home I had a weird thing happen, felt like an allergy attack (indigestion, I have some food allergies.) So since I was in the drugstore and they had a blood pressure machine I checked mine and wowww it was HIGH (never ever is!) And my heart was racing. Scared me, but I took an allergy pill, sucked some peppermints and felt bettee after a while.

Last time my heart raced was back when I was first in acute WD, but it has done it before during allergy attacks but not for years. Dont realllly know if it has anything to do with WD or not...anyone else have these sorts of things??

Now: 28 months cold turkey...doing decent learning to deal with the windows/waves pattern fighting it every step of the way. 

Last time my heart raced was back when I was first in acute WD, but it has done it before during allergy attacks but not for years. Dont realllly know if it has anything to do with WD or not...anyone else have these sorts of things??

Hey,

Happy for your good news!

I have occasional bouts of heart racing/bounding pulse through this Lexapro WD. Especially back during my insomnia wave. It is usually associated with other weird sensations and would appear to be associated with the WD. But if you have only had it way back, and not often, I would guess it is from something else (just my guess!)

The pounding heart got scary one night, I was away, alone, the palpitations were so wacky and persistent that I wrote out a final note to family and put it by my bedside in case my heart gave out that night. Luckily I haven't had that happen again!

Prozac:   20 mg 1996 – May 2003 CT to 0 mg; by Aug 03 CRASH then protracted WD 3 yrs

Lexapro:    5 mg from 2011 – Feb. 2014; CT to 0 mg; 2 months of fatigue, followed by:
Aug - Oct 2014 Lexapro WD Insomnia Wave; sleeping very good from Nov 2014 - Nov 2015; broken sleep pattern Dec 2015 - Jan 2016

Dec 2014 - present: Brutal Lexapro WD ear ringing/head ringing/head pressure lasting for 14 months now.

24 months SSRI-free  

Thinking back I have had it a few times, its just not thatttttt often u know? Scary when it happens though. They noted paxil WD when I mentioned it at the dr.

Thinking back I have had it a few times, its just not thatttttt often u know? Scary when it happens though. They noted paxil WD when I mentioned it at the dr.

How nice of them to recognize WD. I bet if we told them we were a year off, they  would not attribute it to WD..... :angry:

24 months SSRI-free  

Probably not.

The nurse practitioner I see does believe in protracted withdrawal though, she said the ssri's are terrible and very very hard to get off of. I was seeing a different dr. before her and he never once warned me about tapering or anything. That's why I had no clue cold turkey could mess a person up so much.

Just wanted to stop by and say hello CT. I am another CT--or close to it. Tapered off 100 Zoloft over 6 weeks. I do follow your thread from time to time, but it is hard to get around to everyone, and I've been feeling pretty rough lately. I am 6 months out. Keep posting! It helps to compare stories--even if I don't always comment.

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Hello, and thank you for sharing! Your posts are really helpful to me right now as I am in WD from Paxil after tapering too quickly. I only took my last med two weeks ago, so am going to see if going back to 5 mg might help with the WD. But I appreciate your updates and others input as well. I have some of the same symptoms, so it is affirming to know that it's just part of this process. I have "cry" days like today when I am just so exhausted (already) and get absolutely nothing done. At times, I have that head pressure, it's just random how these symptoms come and go. But it is SO wonderful to find this online support group, I am very thankful and like you, I keep praying and asking God to give me hope and strength to get through this. So please keep posting! I am looking forward to "windows" because I don't think I have had any of those yet! Or, at most, they have been only a couple and very brief, but that is a start. God bless and Happy Valentines Day...

2005-2009, Lexapro 10 - 20 mg, CT WD w/severe depression and anxiety:  2010-2015, Paxil, 30 - 40 mg, tapered off at 10 mg/week, moderate anxiety and depression:  2010-2015, Clonozapam 0.25 mg, as needed for anxiety and sleep:  1/10/2015, Zoloft 25 mg, tried to increase to 50 and 75, but nausea and dizziness:  2/13/2015, Paxil 5 mg, added back after 2 weeks at zero to reduce WD:  2/28/2015, Paxil 10 mg, increased from 5 mg to reduce WD, HOLDING:  3/04/2015, Zoloft discontinued (reduced to ~12.5 mg on 2/19, ~6.25 mg on 2/26, then zero):  4/26/2015, Paxil starting 10% taper (no scale so was inadvertently at 20% taper, yikes!):  4/30/2015, Paxil 10 mg, reinstated (WD disappeared between August 2015 and May 2016)

5/02/2016, Started 10% taper, reinstated to 10 mg on 5/11/16:  4/29/2017, Last dose of Paxil (working with holistic psychiatrist, lots of supplements to aid WD):  Primary symptoms: apathy, demotivation, anhedonia, fatigue, stress intolerance, moderate social anxiety

7/1/2018 Finally feeling like myself again, success!!! Praise God! Even with the stress of relocating recently, I am feeling pretty good most of the time now. Granted, I eat healthy, I exercise, I don't drink caffeine or alcohol and I try hard find a healthy balance of quiet and social times. Hang in there and keep the faith, you can do it too!

Keep hanging in there, God is so good and a great source of strength in this. I find all the stories, updates, WD advice etc...so helpful as well. Where I was and where I am now, I know I have come sooooo far in the past 15 months. I know I have a ways to go, but the difference is remarkable. In the first of WD I had such leg pain, I had no idea why, it hurt so bad i would just cry and cry, I had flu symptoms, bathroom issues, cold chills....could not get warm at all....just soooo many symptoms. ..it was so terrible. My back would go out a lot in the first of it too. Thankfully now the leg pain is gone, and my back flares up once in a while, but hardly as much or for as long.

I am seven months out and my legs hurt so bad I want to cut them off. I hope my leg pain will go away as well. You give me hope. Thanks.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

Can someone describe their leg pain? I had horrible leg sensations on Straterra. But it wasn't like any kind of pain from injury or exercise. It felt like my legs had severe anxiety. Like the emotion of unbearable anxiety was in my thigh muscles. It sent me to the emergency room, where I thought I could get an Ativan or something. But because I answered their questions about booze and pot honestly, they wanted to enroll me in their drug program. The social worker said she was considering having me committed. All I wanted was relief from the leg sensations, and I nearly got sentenced to the bin. Meanwhile they could only say that if I waited, a psychiatrist would come by within 24 hours. When I asked for a tranquilizer, the social worker said snottily, why not just have a glass of wine? So I said I think I will, and left. And bought a bottle of Chardonnay and drank it that very day.

So anyway I am curious to know if others have this weird and very, very difficult leg thing. I googled Straterra leg pain, and it seems to be a thing. If what you guys have is different, I am curious about that too. And even if it is different than what I had, my heart goes out to you. Mine went away fast, perhaps because I only used Straterra for a few days. I hope yours resolves too, sooner rather than later.

2009: Cancer hospital said I had adjustment disorder because I thought they were doing it wrong. Their headshrinker prescribed Effexor, and my life set on a new course. I didn't know what was ahead, like a passenger on Disneyland's Matterhorn, smiling and waving as it climbs...clink, clink, clink.

2010: Post surgical accidental Effexor discontinuation by nurses, masked by intravenous Dilaudid. (The car is balanced at the top of the track.) I get home, pop a Vicodin, and ...

Whooosh...down, down, down, down, down...goes the trajectory of my life, up goes my mood and tendency to think everything is a good idea.
2012: After the bipolar jig was up, now a walking bag of unrelated symptoms, I went crazy on Daytrana (the Ritalin skin patch by Noven), because ADHD was a perfect fit for a bag of unrelated symptoms. I was prescribed Effexor for the nervousness of it, and things got neurological. An EEG showed enough activity to warrant an epilepsy diagnosis rather than non-epileptic ("psychogenic") seizures.

:o 2013-2014: Quit everything and got worse. I probably went through DAWS: dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome. I drank to not feel, but I felt a lot: dread, fear, regret, grief: an utter sense of total loss of everything worth breathing about, for almost two years.

I was not suicidal but I wanted to be dead, at least dead to the experience of my own brain and body.

2015: I  began to recover after adding virgin coconut oil and organic grass-fed fed butter to a cup of instant coffee in the morning.

I did it hoping for mental acuity and better memory. After ten days of that, I was much better, mood-wise. Approximately neutral.

And, I experienced drowsiness. I could sleep. Not exactly happy, I did 30 days on Wellbutrin, because it had done me no harm in the past. 

I don't have the DAWS mood or state of mind. It never feel like doing anything if it means standing up.

In fact, I don't especially like moving. I'm a brain with a beanbag body.   :unsure:

Mine was pain right in the bones....felt sooo bad. It would almost be enough to make you think something was terribly wrong with them.

I am seven months out and my legs hurt so bad I want to cut them off. I hope my leg pain will go away as well. You give me hope. Thanks.

I hope they feel better soon. What else have you been dealing with?

I hope they feel better soon. What else have you been dealing with?

Pain seems to be a big one. My neck, back and legs hurt alot. Also burning and tingling, and horrible stomach pain and nausea. Intrusive thoughts come and go here and there. Anxiety too. I pray these things are gone by the year mark.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

I'm 15 months out and it all comes in windows and waves. I find that when I feel better physically, I tend to feel worse (anxiety, etc) but when anxiety or other things are flared up, physically I feel better. I have had a lot of muscle pain, horrible back pain, back has gone out etc. Not fun!

I have had more brain zaps in the past week than I have had in months!

Ugh! Maybe the muscle pain is a Paxil thing. My back and neck went out a couple weeks ago. Our symptoms are similar.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

It's annoying to say the least. O.o

Hope everyone had a good Valentine's Day! :)

Mine was pretty good. I have had more brain zaps lately than in the beginning. ...so weird! Kids are fight/playing today, exhausting! We're snowed in so it sucks! I'm not loving it. Then stupid Canada has a new holiday, so no school tomorrow either. Gross!!

16 months paxil free from my cold turkey experience! Every month that passes makes me happy, knowing more healing comes with time.

I have had random memories pop up, things i'd not remembered or thought about in years.

Here lately I've felt in the middle between window and wave. Sort of an odd feeling, like something isn't right- but not full blown wrong. I've had some head pressure on and off.

I can't wait for summer....being stuck inside doesnt help me a bit!

I feel the same about winter, but sure it's much worse where you are! I came from farther South so absolutely hate the super cold weather. We are on the homestretch now at least, not too much longer until we at least start to see some nicer weather. The brain zaps are weird, they are so random! Seems like you are doing great overall though, just keep on keepin' on! :-)

2005-2009, Lexapro 10 - 20 mg, CT WD w/severe depression and anxiety:  2010-2015, Paxil, 30 - 40 mg, tapered off at 10 mg/week, moderate anxiety and depression:  2010-2015, Clonozapam 0.25 mg, as needed for anxiety and sleep:  1/10/2015, Zoloft 25 mg, tried to increase to 50 and 75, but nausea and dizziness:  2/13/2015, Paxil 5 mg, added back after 2 weeks at zero to reduce WD:  2/28/2015, Paxil 10 mg, increased from 5 mg to reduce WD, HOLDING:  3/04/2015, Zoloft discontinued (reduced to ~12.5 mg on 2/19, ~6.25 mg on 2/26, then zero):  4/26/2015, Paxil starting 10% taper (no scale so was inadvertently at 20% taper, yikes!):  4/30/2015, Paxil 10 mg, reinstated (WD disappeared between August 2015 and May 2016)

5/02/2016, Started 10% taper, reinstated to 10 mg on 5/11/16:  4/29/2017, Last dose of Paxil (working with holistic psychiatrist, lots of supplements to aid WD):  Primary symptoms: apathy, demotivation, anhedonia, fatigue, stress intolerance, moderate social anxiety

7/1/2018 Finally feeling like myself again, success!!! Praise God! Even with the stress of relocating recently, I am feeling pretty good most of the time now. Granted, I eat healthy, I exercise, I don't drink caffeine or alcohol and I try hard find a healthy balance of quiet and social times. Hang in there and keep the faith, you can do it too!

I feel the same about winter, but sure it's much worse where you are! I came from farther South so absolutely hate the super cold weather. We are on the homestretch now at least, not too much longer until we at least start to see some nicer weather. The brain zaps are weird, they are so random! Seems like you are doing great overall though, just keep on keepin' on! :-)

I have good days and bad days... :/ 

I just cannot wait for this winter to be OVER! 

I second that!!

I'm going stir crazy :wacko:

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Hey mama! How you feeling?

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

You have a great attitude. Come over here and rub some of that on me!

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

And congrats on your 16 month anniversary. Woot! Woot!

And congrats on your 16 month anniversary. Woot! Woot!

Thanks! :)  I wish I could say I was 4 years out and doing AMAZING....I know time is the key, so 16 months is awesome but I can't wait until more time is behind me.  Having a hard day today....not loving it! 

Wow I was gone for a fewwww days and then come back and there are so many new updates! Lol no wonder I get lost in the shuffle....;)

Hope everyone is doing well!

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd pop in with a quick update....

still plugging along....17.5 months out from my cold turkey paxil WD. Some days are harder than others, can definitely see windows and waves.

Today I feel gross....I seem to have one day when im in a wave where I'm super cold, can't get warm and have stomach issues. I wondered if anyone else experiences that this far out???

I also noticed that if I'm in a wave when my period is dje, I tend to be late, but if I'm in a window everything is on time....odd!

I was reading up on antidepressants and their link to inflammation. I have really high levels of inflammation and since I was on paxil for 14-15 yrs, I wondered if there was a link. I looked it up.and there IS a link. Interesting...so I'm really hoping that once withdrawal is over, the inflammation will come down.

Hi CTMama! I finally had one good day and am now back in the trenches. This is an amazing and horrifying journey, isn't it? I'm sure everything will go back to normal once we're healed. Sending hugs your way to keep on truckin.

you've got that right Pug! Not much fun at all!! Do you ever experience anything like I mentioned??

I always have stomach issues and am cold too. I think the stomach issues are related to inflammation.

I think you are right. Better food choices will probably help. So you have it all the time? That sucks!

I have food sensitivities and inflammation and either constipation or stomach cramps etc

ughhh

Magnesium has put an end to my constipation. You might want to try it.