ikam: tapering escitalopram

ikam

I am struggling with finding any meaning for my life. It feels I have reached what is possible...Now it is just pain and loneliness...I dont even want anything...

- 12.03.2021- doxepin- 50mg

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

- 30.09.2020- doxepin- 125mg

- May 2020, omeprazole 40mg switched to esomeprazole 20mg

- 2012 re-started Doxepin 75mg, evening. Increased to 150mg

- 2012, Atenolol 25mg, twice a day

- 2016, Low dose of HRT in evening, Sandrena and Utrogestan 

- Long term of Nasal spray Otrivine

- 2012, PPI Omeprazole 40mg-evening

24.10.2014- Started ESCITALOPRAM-first 5mg and then 10mg; due to the adverse symptoms reduced on 5.01.2015- Escitalopram- 2.5mg 22.07.2016- re-started reduction by 1% at a time. Completed tappering on  19.03.2020 😇

• Moderator Emeritus

Ikam I think you need some help in addition to what we are providing on-line.  Are you able to find a counselor or such-like who can work with you to find meaning and worth in your life?  Who can help you find some perspective?  When we are in the depths, we often just cannot see the good things that are there.  We need some help. 

I've been in those times of wanting to be nothing.  I wouldn't have got out by myself because I just couldn't see the possibilities, and I'd lost the energy to keep going.

If you are thinking of suicide (your lasts few posts are not clear, but just in case) please do reach out to a help-line for immediate support.  From there you can move into more on-going support such as counseling.  We really, really want you to be okay. 

What's happened since the overdose?  What dose are you on now? 

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

Thank you Karen. I am OK, just more tired...

I have had suicidal thoughts since I remember, first when I was 14years old. I don't have an intention to act on them...

Sorry, maybe I should keep them to myself...

When I am really bad I usually call Samaritans...

But, yes, I have problem with finding any meaning...

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

24.10.2014- Started ESCITALOPRAM-first 5mg and then 10mg; due to the adverse symptoms reduced on 5.01.2015- Escitalopram- 2.5mg 22.07.2016- re-started reduction by 1% at a time. Completed tappering on  19.03.2020 😇

• Moderator Emeritus

ikam,  Sometimes saying or writing our thoughts gets them out of our head. It's okay to post them and it's extremely helpful for those of us reading your thread when you include a comment like the one you have above, "I don't have an intention to act on them."

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Oh, thank you for getting back to me. I felt awful...I will remember to write about having no intentions...

I am in such a vicious cycle...My physical symptoms worry me, lots of pain, additionally swollen hands...

In order to damp my feelings I drugged myself, hence have more symptoms now...

I worry that when I will crash, there will be nobody to pick me up...I am completely on my own...

In order to survive, I have to drive my car, but this increases my pains...I cannot do any other job as it would make my life more stressful...

I don't know what to do anymore...

By the way, I have been in a long term therapy related to childhood trauma...we doing it slowly as I am severely sensitive...I have been much better, but still...

I want to try with Escitalopram to do Brasmonkey way, but measuring 1% at the time...But I am terrified of doing a first step...I have all syringes at home...

Do people get swelling in their hands? I have had this since started driving/almost stopped walking...No exercise!

My resent pain was strange, I re-started very gentle exercise, and started having sharp, throbbing pain in my lower leg, it was waking me up, I was taking painkillers, but the pain was back after few hours. On second night like this I added doxepin to stop feeling this...

It was not a good solution...

I don't know how to cope with this physical pain anymore...There is no day with no pain...

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

Hi Ikam,

I'm very sorry for your suffering! I know how touturing those constant and severe nerve pains caused by the lexapro.

I don't know enough for a solution, especially you have two meds while I am only dealing with lexapro, but I want to share my experience with you.

You remember me complaining pains, all types and very brutal all these years, 24/7. They all lessened in a great degree when I got down to lower doses I think somewhere since 2.3 mg or so. I got new symptoms though so my main complain now is more on mental non functional, DP/DR, cloudy brain etc. each time I hold longer at a dose, I would get swelling head, hands but they subside with each cut, then come back again until the next cut.

Looking back, I feel those pain related symptoms, for me, are lex side effects. I always had some type of pains ever since I started lexapro even before tapering, although they got much worse and complicated during tapering.

1% is very tiny indeed even for this very potent drug, if you feel comfortable to try it couple times, you may be able to find out a pattern and causality.

Unfortunately, everyone is different and every trial has risk only oneself can choose.

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

Hi Ikam-- Over coming the fear of the unknown and the "what if's" are a huge factor in getting started on a taper.  I was scared s***less before I started mine. I envisioned myself sitting in a chair, rocking back and forth rubbing a worry stone chanting "it's only WD, it's only WD" for months at a time.  It didn't happen. In fact not much of anything happened.  It wasn't until my third drop that I really started to notice anything and that was stabilization and a slight improvement.  That's the joy of doing very small cuts.  What caused me to finally start was the realization that I couldn't stay like I was, I had to take the chance that things would improve, they sure couldn't have gotten much worse. So I made up my plan, bought my supplies and didn't look back, and I'm so glad I did.

Physical pain has been a big part of my life for who knows how long (27 years). First off was the lead up to and the experience of "My Seven Years of Pain" ( which I talk about in my Intro Thread) followed a few years later by the paxil pain. On top of the constant headaches, paxil was causing fibromyalgia like pain constantly. One thing I learned during MSYoP was to embrace the pain, make it a part of my being.  To fight the pain took a huge amount of energy and frequently made it worse.  Something I learned from DR James Harriet, the famous vet, was the concept of capitulation, an animal won't heal until they stop fighting and give in to their condition.  That lesson has served my through MSYoP and WD. I later learned that the drugs were causing the pain and as I decreased the drugs the pain subsided. Now I'm almost drug free, and I'm almost pain free.

The other secret was to keep moving.  Constant gentle stretching, massage, daily walking, anything to keep the muscles working. It would hurt sooo bad just walking from the car a few feet up the driveway to the house, but I couldn't very well stand in the drive all night.  All evening I would take time while watching tv to do acupressure on my arms, legs and hands just to try and relax away the pain and loosen the muscles.  It helped and made things tolerable and over time the pain has decreased.  Now I'm slowly adding in a small bit of exercise to try and rebuild some strength.

I hope that gives you some ideas and allays some of your fears.

((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))) 

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Ikam,

Don't feel bad!  And please don't feel you need to keep those thoughts to yourself.  I was glad that you wrote them, because if we can't share honestly here, then where can we?  It's a conversation - you shared how you felt, I responded and said that while I realised you weren't entirely clear about your intentions, I wanted to give a 'just in case' answer.  Then you replied with some clarification, which was great to hear. 

So while it's all a bit slower - and therefore can feel a bit more awkward than if we were sitting down together - it's just the back and forward of a conversation in which we get clearer about how things are for you right now.  We care heaps about you :).

I'm glad you have somebody to talk with.  I wonder if they can work with you in the here-and-how, finding meaning area, as well as your trauma area.  (I had childhood trauma too :(, and many years of counseling so I know something of what it's like trying to get through all that).  

Thanks too, to Brass, Scally and Lex for bringing more thoughts. 

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

Hi Ikam,

I'm very sorry for your suffering! I know how touturing those constant and severe nerve pains caused by the lexapro.

I don't know enough for a solution, especially you have two meds while I am only dealing with lexapro, but I want to share my experience with you.

You remember me complaining pains, all types and very brutal all these years, 24/7. They all lessened in a great degree when I got down to lower doses I think somewhere since 2.3 mg or so. I got new symptoms though so my main complain now is more on mental non functional, DP/DR, cloudy brain etc. each time I hold longer at a dose, I would get swelling head, hands but they subside with each cut, then come back again until the next cut.

Looking back, I feel those pain related symptoms, for me, are lex side effects. I always had some type of pains ever since I started lexapro even before tapering, although they got much worse and complicated during tapering.

1% is very tiny indeed even for this very potent drug, if you feel comfortable to try it couple times, you may be able to find out a pattern and causality.

Unfortunately, everyone is different and every trial has risk only oneself can choose.

LexAnger, thank you. I appreciate your kind and empathetic words. And as you have gone through similar pain you know best...I lose hope in times, especially that symptoms seem to be worse...

It seems that my symptoms are related to side effects, there is no explanation for my daily pain...I wanted to believe that it was from driving, but it has been too long and I only get additional symptoms...

I tried to ignore it all, but I cannot...

I did try to mask pain with a painkiller, only getting my body even more symptomatic...

The night I took more doxepin was the one when I had a strange stabbing pain in my leg...it just did not go away...I lost it...

I am a bit better today, but really worried. My hands seem to be swollen...I have this strange water retention...

I am considering visit a GP, but I stopped trusting them...

Thank you again...

ikam

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

Brassmonkey, THANK YOU. It is good to hear from people who are ahead of my path, who have gone through the journey themselves...

I​ have lots of what if's, but also getting myself into an impossible task scenario. When I think about the combo of meds I am on, I feel defeated by my own past decisions...
So both "what if's" and "impossible scenario" play a major role in my anxiety...so I do nothing, and then get myself to thinking that "I should"...etc.

I am beginning to understand that the pain is drug related...I try to ignore it...but there are times like last weekend when I had enough...

I already went through the process of tapering in the past. I was on Effexor and it took me over three years...I was completely drug free (stopped PPI, doxepin and betablocker), I was OK until some pains started. I did not know it was drug related...So I restarted strong painkillers, then doxepin...etc, etc.
The most stupid decision was to go to see psychiatrist...

"Now I'm almost drug free, and I'm almost pain free"- it sounds so GOOD!

"The other secret was to keep moving"- I restarted slow walks and gentle exercise, but this is when I got yet another pain (last weekend). I did not overdo with exercises...The pain was sharp, throbbing at night...I tried to stop it with meds, they did not help....

You very right with the concept of capitulation- it makes sense...

Every day I repeat to myself (in evening)- I just need to start...but in the morning I am full of doubt...I get back to trying to solve the puzzle: which one to start first. I think Escitalopram causes the most problems...

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

Hey Ikam,

Don't feel bad!  And please don't feel you need to keep those thoughts to yourself.  I was glad that you wrote them, because if we can't share honestly here, then where can we?  It's a conversation - you shared how you felt, I responded and said that while I realised you weren't entirely clear about your intentions, I wanted to give a 'just in case' answer.  Then you replied with some clarification, which was great to hear. 

So while it's all a bit slower - and therefore can feel a bit more awkward than if we were sitting down together - it's just the back and forward of a conversation in which we get clearer about how things are for you right now.  We care heaps about you :).

I'm glad you have somebody to talk with.  I wonder if they can work with you in the here-and-how, finding meaning area, as well as your trauma area.  (I had childhood trauma too :(, and many years of counseling so I know something of what it's like trying to get through all that).  

Thanks too, to Brass, Scally and Lex for bringing more thoughts. 

Karen, thank you for your understanding. It is good that you prompted me to give reassurance to people. It is so easy to forget that I TALK TO PEOPLE, not to computer...

When I am really bad I call Samaritans...

It is so good to feel listened to, especially that I am completely on my own (my family rejected me; I ended my relationship with my husband)...

For many years I was kind of symbiotically attached to him...I had no other world that him and my work...I have stopped liking my work (after I burnt out). And I have discovered that I never developed anything else...

my life seems empty and meaning-less...

in my therapy we are only just beginning to touch subjects of spirituality...

I still have lots of un-expressed emotions (mostly rage) to my family...Apparently these emotions come up as somatic symptoms...as this what did not have words, comes out in a symbolic way...

I will share my thoughts and feelings, but I will be more mindful...

THANK YOU :)

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

ikam,  Sometimes saying or writing our thoughts gets them out of our head. It's okay to post them and it's extremely helpful for those of us reading your thread when you include a comment like the one you have above, "I don't have an intention to act on them."

THANK YOU...I will be more mindful...

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

Preparing for next step- I want to try to start from 1% only...then use a "sliding method", meaning add 1% next week...and when reaching 5%, if everything goes well, hold for at least one month...

I am so fearful...

But I am not stable anyway...days a full of symptoms: anxiety, pain, strange bodily sensations, feelings as if depressed...

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

Or maybe I should risk and start from 2%?

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

Ikam, I would try 1% to start with. You can always catch up if you feel like so after the initial test. This will minimize the need to go back up dose in case it ramp up too much WD symptoms which I doubt it will. Fear can play quite a big role in symptoms even we don't feel it dose. I had huge fear in my early taper stage, now I'm more used to it and not scared of what cutting dose will bring up, I believe it helped a lot. Keep in mind that this process is a must for most of us and symptoms are indications of the brain readjusting for its original normal setting. Reading success stories helps with my great confidence that no matter how bad and weird the symptoms are, they eventually go away for better.

Also, pain killer always brought up WD symptoms for me, more than a 2% cut.

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

Thank you LexAnger. I have made a first step :). Just 1% as I planned...Second day today...I have not felt any difference...but I will stick to 1% for one week, then decrease another 1% next week...if it goes smoothly I intend to get to 5% (five weeks) and hold...each week adding 1%...

I know I have lots of symptoms that are "just" side-effects...In order to eliminate them I need to stop the drug...

It will take years...but it will be worth it...

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

Great plan ikam.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Congratulations on taking the first step, it's always the hardest one.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Best luck to a smooth journey ahead!

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

THANK YOU All :)

After taking this FIRST STEP I feel as if my energy has been unlocked. I kept myself in "no-decision" mode and it impacted on my general energy...

So, I am better just from making this step...

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

Ikam. This is a positive move and you have all of our support. I hope it goes well.  :)

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

THANK YOU :)

And, sorry I dont support others much...maybe one day...

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

Ikam, I am also happy that you feel better. Try also 10 minutes daily exercise and you will feel like newly born.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

Any views on water retention? I have noticed my hands are swollen...It has started a while ago...Is my body finally giving up the amount of drugs?

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

Ikam, I am also happy that you feel better. Try also 10 minutes daily exercise and you will feel like newly born.

Hi Martina, I do try some exercises, but today I did too much...

I don't know what it is, but since moving house three months ago I have very painful hands, I hardly can do anything...they also swollen...(I think it is water retention)...

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

Maybe you overworked them by moving furniture and so on. This water retention can not be side effects of drugs?

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

See if the swollen actually lessons as you lower doses. It's quite possible.

Is the swollen all the time or has a pattern ( better in evening etc.)?

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

It is worse towards evening...my hands feel also kind of heavy...

I have not noticed this prior to moving house... I am going to see GP next week, ask for some investigation...just in case...

I am sometimes worried that maybe I abused my body so much that it does not respond normally...

Water retention can be related to drugs...maybe I have reached a limit...

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

I would like to follow stated below protocol- decreasing each week and then holding after 4th or 5th week:

2.5mg

1% = 0.025 = 2.475

2% = 0.050 = 2.450

3% = 0.075 = 2.425

4% = 0.1     = 2.4

If I hold on 2.4mg, does it mean that next time I tapper, 2.4mg becomes 100%? So I tapper from 2.4mg, not from 2.5mg?

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

Yes, 2.4 will be the new 100%.  That looks like a good plan, best of luck.

((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

Thank you :) Using your strategy, feels less frightening...

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

5th day of 1%...

I don't feel any difference at all...I will go ahead to 2% on Friday, as planned...

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

6th day...

I am glad i have started so slowly...gives me the courage for next steps...

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

Ikam, you sound already better. It looks like that with this tapering you have got again motivation to life back. That is great.

symptoms OCD

That's great news! It takes 4 days for the reduction effects (1.3%) show for me. It seems your system is not as sensitized.

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

I will start 2% tomorrow...

Yes, I feel more positive, but I am aware it is just a start...

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg