If you find useful information here, your gift would help keep this site going. Our staff is entirely volunteer.

Photo
- - - - -

New Zealand members, please check in here

local support groups

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#1 nz11

nz11

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationWaipu NZ

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:27 PM

Doesn't appear we have a 'NZ members check in here' post...so here it is!

Please post below if you live in New Zealand.

Connecting our members geographically will enable

Face-to-face meetings or phone contacts for those of you who wish to meet
    Support groups
    Sharing information about doctors, clinics, compounding pharmacies, etc.
    Organizing to educate physicians, hospitals, and university professors
    Organizing to contact members of local and national government
    Research by New Zealand researchers

Even if you don't wish to do any of the above, if you are in New Zealand, please check in here.

Please also click the Follow This Topic button at the top right so you will receive notices about others posting here.

AND -- if you've haven't introduced yourself to the rest of the community yet, please go to our Introductions and Updates forum and start a topic for yourself. You can post updates to your Intro topic to track your progress.

Edited by Altostrata, 22 March 2015 - 05:54 PM.
edited to read 'New Zealand' researchers

2000 amitryptaline, nortriptaline venlafaxine clonazepam for  arm pain from keyboard use, told I had a chemical imbalance it would fix my arm was just a matter of finding the right med for me not informed of the nature of these drugs assured safe and not addictive, CT off Effexor after being told to double the dose on reporting adverse effects...later ..uncharacteristic psych panic tearful presented to doctor to get answers. Given paroxetine no questions asked 'safe and not addictive' next please.2001-2010 paroxetine (paxil) 2 failed attempts to quit, a learned helplessness set in. Feb 10 - Sept 10,  8 month clueless taper, hell. Doc said I had underlying depression .. I said that's not right' then found online support group and the truth!...overcome with inconceivable humiliation and outrage. 28 Sept 10 drug free ...  daily psych and emotional torture beginning in the waking hours of the morning receding somewhat in the evening only to start up again the next day. 28 Sept 12 (24 months) Stabilizing  (What an indescribable unimaginable non-functional nightmare). sleep issues start up at 3 yrs  waking daily at 2am -4.30am)28 Sept 15 (5yrs drug free), cf, cmw, insomnia  horrifying pssd continues, still feel Rip van Winkle-ish, cognitively doing heaps better. 28 Sept 16 after 6 yrs start working again on a casual basis.

"It is unsafe for people who suffer from something that could be treated with an ssri to consult a psychiatrist." Gotzshe 2015. [ I think Gotzsche could have easily meant to say 'to consult anyone with prescribing privileges']. "Going to a psychiatrist is one of the most dangerous actions a person can take." Breggin

“Paroxetine is not safe, it is not effective and it meets every known definition of addictive.” McLaren, N, (2016) 'Psychiatry as bullsh*t’ p55..."Psychiatry is stuffed full of 'deep nonsense' better known as bullsh*t." McLaren 2016

"Within the first week of when you go on an antidepressant you may have a sexual dysfunction, it can go on forever, often only appearing when you go off the drug ...its extraordinarily common" Healy 2015

See  my intro post #451 for the xanax back story and for a CV -GSKs.  Come on guys get taperwise see a TaperMe Schedule

For a staggeringly shocking 'prozac back story' see the truth post #523

"If I were an enemy combatant and the NZ army did this to me someone would be dragged to the Hague and jailed!"  nz11

#2 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,889 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:32 PM

Thanks, nz.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

#3 nz11

nz11

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationWaipu NZ

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:50 PM

Five things you could consider doing are

1. Write a letter of complaint to your local MP,

2. Write a letter of complaint and story to CARM (Centre for adverse reactions manangement.)

Here is the adddress:

Dr Michael Tatley
Director NZPhvc
CARM
P O Box 913
Dunedin 9054

3. You can also complain to your areas overseeing  Health Board Trust.

4. Make a complaint to the HDC (Health and Disability Commissioner).

5. You could also make a complaint via Medical misadventure against your prescribing doctor. (To do this you will need to go to your new doctor and get form ACC45 and ACC 2152 form completed and sent off)

Doing such things can be stressful and i am aware that not everyone wants to do this...i have met such people. However we have a right to complain 'silence is not acceptance' . Also if one sees it as a moral obligation then it takes the focus off self.

Writing to your MP will result in a standard letter being sent back to you.

Writing to CARM will result in a polite acknowledgement letter being sent back to you.

The HDC will dismiss it as their legal department will write to you and say 'these drugs do not cause the issues you describe' .

And we all know what ACC are like.

However if enough people do it then it at least it gets eyes seeing the stories and surely eventually the penny will drop! If you dont feel emotionally able to do all these then would you at the very least write to your MP. Dont worry no one is going to come chasing (dont forget we are the victims here) you with a stick. You will simply receive a standard letter in the mail.

2000 amitryptaline, nortriptaline venlafaxine clonazepam for  arm pain from keyboard use, told I had a chemical imbalance it would fix my arm was just a matter of finding the right med for me not informed of the nature of these drugs assured safe and not addictive, CT off Effexor after being told to double the dose on reporting adverse effects...later ..uncharacteristic psych panic tearful presented to doctor to get answers. Given paroxetine no questions asked 'safe and not addictive' next please.2001-2010 paroxetine (paxil) 2 failed attempts to quit, a learned helplessness set in. Feb 10 - Sept 10,  8 month clueless taper, hell. Doc said I had underlying depression .. I said that's not right' then found online support group and the truth!...overcome with inconceivable humiliation and outrage. 28 Sept 10 drug free ...  daily psych and emotional torture beginning in the waking hours of the morning receding somewhat in the evening only to start up again the next day. 28 Sept 12 (24 months) Stabilizing  (What an indescribable unimaginable non-functional nightmare). sleep issues start up at 3 yrs  waking daily at 2am -4.30am)28 Sept 15 (5yrs drug free), cf, cmw, insomnia  horrifying pssd continues, still feel Rip van Winkle-ish, cognitively doing heaps better. 28 Sept 16 after 6 yrs start working again on a casual basis.

"It is unsafe for people who suffer from something that could be treated with an ssri to consult a psychiatrist." Gotzshe 2015. [ I think Gotzsche could have easily meant to say 'to consult anyone with prescribing privileges']. "Going to a psychiatrist is one of the most dangerous actions a person can take." Breggin

“Paroxetine is not safe, it is not effective and it meets every known definition of addictive.” McLaren, N, (2016) 'Psychiatry as bullsh*t’ p55..."Psychiatry is stuffed full of 'deep nonsense' better known as bullsh*t." McLaren 2016

"Within the first week of when you go on an antidepressant you may have a sexual dysfunction, it can go on forever, often only appearing when you go off the drug ...its extraordinarily common" Healy 2015

See  my intro post #451 for the xanax back story and for a CV -GSKs.  Come on guys get taperwise see a TaperMe Schedule

"If I were an enemy combatant and the NZ army did this to me someone would be dragged to the Hague and jailed!"  nz11

#4 nz11

nz11

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationWaipu NZ

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:02 PM

Here is a little piece of info i dug up .....the HDC will dismiss your complaint and say 'these drugs do not cause the issues you describe'

Yet check this out,:

In 2013, in Minnesota America, a petition was launched to investigate the psychiatric drug induced death of Dan Markingson (being the tip of the ice-burg in terms of pharma deaths and injuries) within one month they had 2,500 votes…. So what?  you might well say,… well guess what … one of those who signed the petition was of all people the ‘former Health and Disability Commissioner of New Zealand. How strange, their words and actions seem to be rather  contradictory. (Perhaps my complaint letter was not the only one they received in 2012?). It seems pretty clear to me that the right hand already knows what problems these poisons cause, even though the left hand never concedes anything. This is true not just for the HDC but also for [put your doctors name here].

This could be sent to them or variations there of!

#5 MollyN

MollyN

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:04 PM

Hi nz11, thanks so much for posting this info. I'm feeling increasingly angry about this entire topic, I'm not quite at the stage of actively contacting someone, but the idea is certainly growing in my mind! I guess I'd like to be off this blimmin drug so I can say 'it was terrible and took so long and now look how normal I am' ;)

Hello  :)

• Prescribed paroxetine 20mg (Paxil) in 2001 for 'prenatal depression' - and again in 2003 - withdrew just fine 2 mths later. 
  • Prescribed  paroxetine 20mg (Paxil) in 2008 for PTSD (domestic violence)
  • Went cold turkey - I didn't know better (disaster!!!!! - prescribed more terrible drugs to control first lot of terrible drugs (but luckily I threw them in the bin )
  • So I stayed on 20mg  out of fear! I don't want to be the mean crazy person I am when I stop it.
  • March 2014 started 'Willy-nilly Cut Sliver off the side' approach to withdrawal - thank goodness for this site - stopped that.
  • Dropped from 15mg to 10mg in Jan 2015 - horrible - too fast = mean & crazy.
  • Eventually stabilised and stayed at 10mg for 8 months.
  • Stupidly dropped again by 50% (don't do this my darlings!) Sept 2015 reduced from 10mg to 5mg = mean & crazy, sad & desperate.
  • Updosed to 6mg (=6ml) 14 Oct '15. hold 1 mth
  • 6ml - 5ml drop 14 Nov 15. hold 1 mth
  • 5ml - 4,8ml 9 Dec '15 (going to take this nice 'n steady on the low doses) (please send me cyber kicks if you see any sudden 1ml drops!)

Presently: One day I simply had enough and stopped taking it, after 8 years. Didn't get my usual horrid side effects, which was extraordinary.  Now about 6 mths (Feb 2017) off the drug altogether.  I notice my memory is extremely poor, worryingly so, and bleak despair feels like it lies waiting silently around every corner, but I fight it off mostly.

#6 KarenB

KarenB

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationRaglan, New Zealand

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:04 PM

Hello fellow Kiwis,

I am living in Raglan, and am fairly new to this site.  Is very cool to find a NZ group here:-)  All the people I bump into on my blog (about healing) are from overseas.   

2010 May Fluoxetine 20mg. Raging mostly stops, become more functional.
2011 February Escitalopram 10mg (sudden switch). 2012 January Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Early June Feeling great, decide to taper. Doc advises alternate days 20mg/10mg for 4 weeks.  Late June Steady. Drop to 10mg daily. Early July Not coping, raging, flu symptoms, shaky, anxious, low, spaced-out, self-destructive.  Mid July Return to alternate days 20mg/10mg - minimal improvement. Early August Return to full dose 20mg. Lost.
2014 February Switch to Venlafaxine. (First reduced Esc. to 10mg/day for a week) Feb-April Lost, 'light' self-harm, exhausted.
April Increase Ven. to 150mg/day. Dizzy. July 75mg twice a day to improve dizziness. Deep depression remains.  2015 Feb Vigilant dose spacing partially eases dizziness. Mar Switch to Effexor 75mg 2x/day. May Cut 10% to 135mg - bad w/d 2 mths, held 1 mth.  Aug 1.3% cut - bad 1mth, held 1mth. Oct 4 wkly 0.4% cuts held 6 weeks. Jan 2016 2 wkly 0.4% cuts. 8 month hold. Sept Wkly cuts: 0.5%, 3 1% cuts.  Oct 4 wkly 1% cuts, hold 3-4 weeks.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamins E & C, magnesium, iron, MSM, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.  My story of healing: ContinuedHealing

***I am not a doctor or counselor; please do your own research and be prepared to take responsibility for decisions you make.*** 

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

#7 nz11

nz11

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationWaipu NZ

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:18 PM

http://medianet.com....tails?id=839212

Oops i haven't checked this thread for so long....thanks for checking in KarenB and MollyN

The above link is regarding a class action litigation being taken against pharma. in Australia triggered no doubt by the study 329 restored findings.

For some reason i cant copy and paste in here so shall type some out.

Antidepressants and suicide risk 18 Sept 2015. D S Lawyers; Sydney

Aropax/paroxetine; zoloft/sertraline; prozac/fluoxetine/lovan/erocap/zactin; fluvoxamine/luvox/faverin ; cipramil/talohesal/citalopram; venlafaxine/ effexor

Class Action and your rights

1. Australian and international researchers have discovered that antidepressant drug have been marketed to doctors on the basis of flawed research that downplays the risks of suicide and other serious side effects and the manufacturers have used selective research to show the drugs are effective in treatig depression when in fact they are not.

2.Drayton Sher Lawyers is putting together a team of lawyers to prepare a compensation claim against the manufacturers of these antidepressant drugs.

3. There are expert witnesses who are prepared to assist with such an action and will be retained to give evidence about matters including but not limited to : (a) the interaction between your genetic makeup and the drug and ;b.  the epidemiology of the drug.

4. If you have been prescribed any of the above named ads and have suffered suicidal feelings prolonged side effects or other dangerous side effects then you should contact us because we may be able to help you with a damages and compensation claim against the manufacturers of these products.

5. By registering with us, everything that you tell us will be treated as strictly confidential and will be covered by solicitor client privilege.

6. We urge you to take this opportunity to see wrongs against you put right and to claim what is justly yours.

Contact T 02 8259 4513 or alison@draytonsherlawyers.com.au

Lets hope this manages to make its way across the Tasman.

This would be great info to give to your local MP at the very least.

#8 KarenB

KarenB

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:51 PM

Kinda makes me want to move to Australia - just reading those words felt amazing.  People taking it seriously!!  A very classy class action. 

2011 February Escitalopram 10mg (sudden switch). 2012 January Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Early June Feeling great, decide to taper. Doc advises alternate days 20mg/10mg for 4 weeks.  Late June Steady. Drop to 10mg daily. Early July Not coping, raging, flu symptoms, shaky, anxious, low, spaced-out, self-destructive.  Mid July Return to alternate days 20mg/10mg - minimal improvement. Early August Return to full dose 20mg. Lost.
2014 February Switch to Venlafaxine. (First reduced Esc. to 10mg/day for a week) Feb-April Lost, 'light' self-harm, exhausted.
April Increase Ven. to 150mg/day. Dizzy. July 75mg twice a day to improve dizziness. Deep depression remains.  2015 Feb Vigilant dose spacing partially eases dizziness. Mar Switch to Effexor 75mg 2x/day. May Cut 10% to 135mg - bad w/d 2 mths, held 1 mth.  Aug 1.3% cut - bad 1mth, held 1mth. Oct 4 wkly 0.4% cuts held 6 weeks. Jan 2016 2 wkly 0.4% cuts. 8 month hold. Sept Wkly cuts: 0.5%, 3 1% cuts.  Oct 4 wkly 1% cuts, hold 3-4 weeks.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamins E & C, magnesium, iron, MSM, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.  My story of healing: ContinuedHealing

***I am not a doctor or counselor; please do your own research and be prepared to take responsibility for decisions you make.*** 

#9 nz11

nz11

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationWaipu NZ

Posted 12 October 2015 - 12:31 AM

Fellow Kiwis i have emailed the aussi law firm regarding the possibilty of kiwis joining the aussi class action suit.

Today 12 Oct 2015 I have  received an email with a form attached to fill out and return.

They said nothing about NZ-ers participation so i  am going to fill it out and send it off . I suggest that others contact the firm and participate assuming we can until told otherwise.

My guess is this aussi firm is inundated with complaints.

#10 KarenB

KarenB

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 05:23 PM

I'm going to do that too.

Also, for New Zealand women:  In Raglan there is a beautiful home called the Bryant Retreat.  It is an 11-day stay, six women at a time, and totally FREE.  It's for exhausted women, depressed, those who need a break.  You just need to get your doctor to put in a referral for you.  The staff cook all meals, do all washing etc.  There is no programme, just a beautful house by the water, and your own room, and time for rest and recooperation.  I've been there twice over the years, and completely recommend it.  They bring you breakfast in bed :D.

If your doctor doesn't know about it, get them to look it up.  It's been running for decades and doctors are supposed to know about it, but many don't.   

Love,

Karen

#11 MollyN

MollyN

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 07:14 PM

Oh my goodness. What a special place, thank you

• Prescribed paroxetine 20mg (Paxil) in 2001 for 'prenatal depression' - and again in 2003 - withdrew just fine 2 mths later. 
  • Went cold turkey - I didn't know better (disaster!!!!! - prescribed more terrible drugs to control first lot of terrible drugs (but luckily I threw them in the bin )
  • So I stayed on 20mg  out of fear! I don't want to be the mean crazy person I am when I stop it.
  • March 2014 started 'Willy-nilly Cut Sliver off the side' approach to withdrawal - thank goodness for this site - stopped that.
  • Stupidly dropped again by 50% (don't do this my darlings!) Sept 2015 reduced from 10mg to 5mg = mean & crazy, sad & desperate.
  • 5ml - 4,8ml 9 Dec '15 (going to take this nice 'n steady on the low doses) (please send me cyber kicks if you see any sudden 1ml drops!)

Presently: One day I simply had enough and stopped taking it, after 8 years. Didn't get my usual horrid side effects, which was extraordinary.  Now about 6 mths (Feb 2017) off the drug altogether.  I notice my memory is extremely poor, worryingly so, and bleak despair feels like it lies waiting silently around every corner, but I fight it off mostly.

#12 KarenB

KarenB

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 05:21 PM

I emailed that law firm a couple of weeks ago, but have received nothing back.  I'll send another one - wouldn't be surprised if they are swamped by responses.  Though I did say I was a NZer so maybe that means something?

#13 nz11

nz11

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationWaipu NZ

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:30 PM

I have become aware of another body to which a complaint can be made.

It is the NZ medical council.

It appears you complain to the HDC first and then go to the medical council when dismissed.

https://www.mcnz.org...ng-a-complaint/

Also when the HDC dismiss your complaint you can take the issue to the Ombudsman.

So thats another two people the NZ council and the Ombudsman.

#14 MollyN

MollyN

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:46 PM

Just emailed Drayton Sher lawyers in Australia to offer my services to assist with their class action (i'm admitted as a barrister & solicitor - not practicing currently) felt good to do something however modest :)

#15 KarenB

KarenB

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 09:13 PM

Wow Molly, that's a cool thing to do.  I emailed them back their 'initial contact and history' form, but haven't heard back yet.  I imagine they are busy.  I replied to your thread this morning, but just as I posted it the site crashed.  Will try to write it again tomorrow.

#16 nz11

nz11

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationWaipu NZ

Posted 22 November 2015 - 06:19 PM

KarenB has kindly provided me with the link for sending a complaint to CARM (centre for adverse reactions management) Dunedin .

You can do it online.

https://nzphvc.otago.ac.nz/report/

Wow good on you MollyN.

#17 MollyN

MollyN

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:27 AM

Hey nz11, I do hope this legal action isn't dodgy, this is the response from the lawyers along with a spelling mistake in the title and ignoring the content of my email :)

"Pottential class action"

Dear Sir/Madam
We are still at the preliminary information gathering stages.

Whatever you have read please note that we are not advising clients to either cease or change any medication they may be taking – that is a matter between you and your doctors.

Can you complete the attached form and return to us either by email or post?  Where a question has no application to you just write N/A next to that question.

To assist us in meeting costs associated with obtaining the advice of a barrister and other initial costs relating to the potential class action, we will be asking for a small initial contribution from clients.  Once we receive the completed form we shall be in contact with you about this and will provide you with a relevant cost agreement.

Yours Sincerely

Tony Nikolic

...so they are asking for money, to be honest, I'm not sure if this is standard, but it did certainly make me wonder?

#18 nz11

nz11

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationWaipu NZ

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:54 AM

I think it may well be standard. 

I havent had this email ...be interesting to pop over to the aussi members thread to see if they have.

I guess they are running a business right.

That stuff in red is simply there so people dont panic when they realise they are swallowing dangerous chemicals and have been hoodwinked by people calling black white....We all know what happens when one goes CT.

I talked to a NZ lawyer about this and it would cost many tens of thousands to get a doctor  to court.And a class action suit would enable costs to be shared,  I guess its no different in aussi. And we are talking about GS-deep pockets- K.

#19 Songbird

Songbird

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 03 January 2016 - 09:00 PM

I seemed to have missed this NZ thread until now.

2001-2002 Jul - Feb Aropax 2003 Feb-Dec Citalopram 2004 Jul Aropax 20mg
2005-2007 various failed tapers  2007 Feb 20mg … Nov 6mg
2008 Jan 5.5mg Feb 5mg Mar 4.5mg Apr 5mg Jun 10mg Jul 20mg Oct Loxamine Dec 17.5mg 15mg
2009 24 Jan 12.5mg … 18 Dec 6.3mg     2010 30 Aug 6.15mg 28 Nov 6 mg
2011 20 Feb 5.9mg … 26 Dec 5.3mg       2012 19 Feb 5.2mg 14 Oct 5.1mg 6 Dec 5mg
2013 25 Jan 4.9mg … 15 Dec 4.4mg       2014 18 Jan 4.3mg … 8 Dec 3.45mg
2015 Jan 3.4mg Apr 3.3mg May 3.2mg Jul 3.1mg Aug 3.0mg 18 Sep 2.9mg 24 Nov 2.8mg 25 Dec 2.7mg

2016 5 Feb 2.6mg

Blog: http://anxietystuff.weebly.com

#20 nz11

nz11

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationWaipu NZ

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:35 PM

Hey Songbird thanks for landing on this thread.

Its a real honor to have you join us.

#21 Songbird

Songbird

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:15 AM

While I'm here, I'll add something useful - if you are a New Zealander wanting to get liquid made for tapering, contact PCNZ (www.pharmaceutical.co.nz).  They figured out the formula to make paroxetine liquid for me, so if you need paroxetine liquid they already have the formula.  For other medicines, it might be a good idea to contact them first, so that if necessary they can figure out the formula they'll need to make it.  You'll also need to choose the concentration you want - I chose 1mg/ml so no conversion was required to figure out doses, and very small drops can be done with a 1ml syringe.  You'll need a prescription from your doc sent through to them to get it made up, and they can courier it to you.  I get three bottles sent at a time, but there's some new law about the maximum that can be sent at a time (500ml maybe?) so I'm currently getting three bottles each containing 150ml.  The bottles should be kept refrigerated, and the contents last six months unopened, and one month once opened.  It is not cheap, about $55 per bottle, but worth it if you need to do very small dose drops.

2008 Jan 5.5mg Feb 5mg Mar 4.5mg Apr 5mg Jun 10mg Jul 20mg Oct Loxamine Dec 17.5mg 15mg
2015 Jan 3.4mg Apr 3.3mg May 3.2mg Jul 3.1mg Aug 3.0mg 18 Sep 2.9mg 24 Nov 2.8mg 25 Dec 2.7mg

2016 5 Feb 2.6mg

#22 KarenB

KarenB

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 01:13 PM

Thanks Songbird for that info - and it's great to see you here too.  Not sure if there are any other NZ members we might be missing?  Oh, I've just noticed you have a blog too - will check that out today.  The title looks like it's right up my alley :P.

#23 fancypants

fancypants

Getting started

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationWellington, New Zealand

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:56 PM

Just dropped in to say Hi :)

2013  Fluoxetine 20mg (I think)

2014 - 2015 Escitalopram 20mg

28/12/15 - follow Drs suggestion and cut pills in half - 10 mg. can't sleep

5/1/16 back up to 15mg, ok so far

#24 KarenB

KarenB

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 02:09 PM

Hi Fancypants - glad you are here.

#25 Songbird

Songbird

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:32 PM

Please check out this - the government is introducing new legislation to cover supplements and natural health remedies.  It would be great if we could all make a submission.  It is crucial that New Zealanders have the right to take responsibility for their own health and be empowered to choose the options that they think are right for them, and not be forced into pharmaceutical treatments. 

I haven't read all of this stuff yet - looks time-consuming - but I am happy if there are going to be controls on manufacturing quality and so on, as that will ensure safety.  What concerns me is OTC access to the range of supplements.  There is going to be a "permitted substances" list, and if it's not on the list, you won't be able to get it.  Valerian doesn't seem to be on the list, which worries me!

http://www.health.go...ts-consultation

http://www.medsafe.g...y/PILSearch.asp

Consultation closes 5 Feb, which is not giving people very long to make submissions.  Looks like it came out in November, but I only found out about it today.  Bet you the government did that deliberately - put it over Christmas and New Year so it would get lost in the Christmas rush.

2016 5 Feb 2.6mg

#26 KarenB

KarenB

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 07:00 PM

Thanks Songbird,

There are other issues being pushed through over Christmas too - such as sea-bed mining.

I'll have a look at those links soon.  And the National govt says it doesn't want to be a nanny state!! 

#27 KarenB

KarenB

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 01:15 AM

Hey - NZ and Molly - where are you guys? 

It's been a bit quiet round s/a lately without you NZ ;)

Hope everything is going okay for you both, and you are enjoying some summer-y-ness.  I guess you might still be camping Molly?

Hugs,

Karen

#28 Alia02

Alia02

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:56 PM

Hi everyone, Im new. Im in Takaka, South Island, 2 hours from Nelson. Beautiful, but isolating when trying to withdraw. Will contact the various people Nz11 but brain too fried at present. Taking all my time reading this site. thats great Songbird to find out about www.pharmaceutical.co.nz).

Anyway, its great we can all help eachother.  :) 

Chronic severe nerve pain and depression since 1984 (due to a motor vehicle accident and spinal injuries)  Due to long tern pain was on Morphine, Neurontin, Codeine, Valium . Off these meds altho occasional codeine.  Since 2002 Serequel for Insomnia. 25mg.  15 yrs on Clomipramine/tri-cyclic a/d.  Aug 2015. 100mg cut to 95mg. Late aug 95-90mg. Sept 1st, 90mg to 85mg. Sept 14.85mg to 80mg. October 1st , 80 to 75mg. Oct 15; 75 to 70.  Nov 1st ; 70mg-65mg.  Nov14: 65 to 60mg. 60mg. December ..break. Jan2016. 60mg to 55mg. Symptoms began: very sleepy, achy, light headed, dizzy, increased pain, numb, depressed..  Jan 30/ 55 to 50mg. Symptoms/ extreme tiredness. blurry vision and inaccurate vision, painful and itchy eyes, depression, insomnia, flu like symptoms. achy/ sweating/ relationship issues. work issues. Feb 10th. Back up to 55mg. Withdrawl symptoms subsided. March 10: 55 to 50mg. withdrawl ok. April 12 Seroquel 21mg May 12 Seroquel 17mg. Nov severe depression went up to 75mg Anti dep.  Jan 2017, diagnosed with Bi Polar 2 and prescribed 60mg Epilim. Instant relief. March Doc suggested slow decrease of anti dep so from 75 to 70, March 17, 2017.

#29 KarenB

KarenB

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 11:23 PM

Takaka!  That is gorgeous.  I had a holiday there once and our house-bus had trouble getting over the huge hill... it was a really old one :)

Glad you are here,

Karen

#30 Alia02

Alia02

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:50 AM

Yes, the hill...its more like a series of Mountains, it's so hard to get over. But once you get here, its Paradise. By the way, Raglan is pretty awesome also. Thanks for being there guys :)

Chronic severe nerve pain and depression since 1984 (due to a motor vehicle accident and spinal injuries)  Due to long tern pain was on Morphine, Neurontin, Codeine, Valium . Off these meds altho occasional codeine.  Since 2002 Serequel for Insomnia. 25mg.  15 yrs on Clomipramine/tri-cyclic a/d.  Aug 2015. 100mg cut to 95mg. Late aug 95-90mg. Sept 1st, 90mg to 85mg. Sept 14.85mg to 80mg. October 1st , 80 to 75mg. Oct 15; 75 to 70.  Nov 1st ; 70mg-65mg.  Nov14: 65 to 60mg. 60mg. December ..break. Jan2016. 60mg to 55mg. Symptoms began: very sleepy, achy, light headed, dizzy, increased pain, numb, depressed..  Jan 30/ 55 to 50mg. Symptoms/ extreme tiredness. blurry vision and inaccurate vision, painful and itchy eyes, depression, insomnia, flu like symptoms. achy/ sweating/ relationship issues. work issues. Feb 10th. Back up to 55mg. Withdrawl symptoms subsided. March 10: 55 to 50mg. withdrawl ok. April 12 Seroquel 21mg May 12 Seroquel 17mg. Nov severe depression went up to 75mg Anti dep.  Jan 2017, diagnosed with Bi Polar 2 and prescribed 60mg Epilim. Instant relief. March Doc suggested slow decrease of anti dep so from 75 to 70, March 17, 2017.

#31 KiwiBexonthenoffRemeron

KiwiBexonthenoffRemeron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationAuckland NZ

Posted 24 January 2016 - 02:48 AM

Hello,
Just wanted to say hi from Bex up here in Auckland. I'm pretty new to sharing my story on this site. Nice to see some kiwis! I love some of the places you guys are from.... Raglan, Takaka. I've had some good holiday memories there.
Bex 👍😊

2012 - Weaned off Fluoxetide (easily) onto 37.5mg Venlofaxine.
2013 - Dr suggested to increase Venlofaxine so did up to 180mg then reduced only over a matter of weeks suffering awful awful acute withdrawal. Put on Sertraline felt terribly low so put on Mirtazapine 15mg.
2014 - Felt truly awful on Mirtazapine with numerous side effects. Held for a long time over year. Think I reduced to 10mg slowly as thinking was so slowed.
2015 - Dry cutting to reduce Mirtazapine: Feb 3rd 9mg, Feb 17 8mg, March 3rd 7mg, March 17 6.5mg, March 23 6mg, April 7 5.5mg, April 21 5mg, May 5 4.5mg, June 29 4.0mg, July 13 3.5mg, Aug 10 3.2, Oct 13 3.1.
End of October stress entered and withdrawal caught up experienced lots of panic/confusion and forgot to take Mirtazapine for 3 nights and suffered confusion/psychosis experience and went to hospital for 10 days where they started zopiclone 7.5mg.
2016 - Been off Mirtazapine 3 months by end Jan. Feel ok in morning mood-wise can focus etc. Afternoons starts to go downhill headaches, lightsensitivity need to lie down in dark room, depersonalised at times/ spaced
[size=3] out, anxiety/inner tremor late afternoon evening with crying spells and sometimes agitation. Still functioning ok - reading, driving, coversations, tv, gentle walks/swims, getting out a bit but not at night/social settings.
March 2016 Scary akathesia for 3 nights so took 2.5mg Olanzapine 10 days stopped due to side effects. Tried low dose Quetiapine for 4 nights first night 12.5 then halved dose to 6.25 for last 3 nights and stopped due to adverse reaction - obsessive thinking, dark thoughts, early waking, more distractible. Encouraged to reduce Zopiclone from 1x7.5mg to 3/4 7.5mg during Olanzapine trial. Scared of being stuck on zopiclone so end of May reduced from 3/4 to just over half got headachey, breathlessness increased to scary breathing attacks. Not asthma as was checked for this.  A week later increased back to 3/4. July noted headaches and breathlessness reduced so must have been related to too big a zopiclone reduction.

​2017 - Ongoing symptoms tend to come on around lunchtime - headaches, DP, breathlessness on/off increases into evening, Cognitive issues at times; over think/scattered/concentration issues etc.. Anhedonia at times, rage/tears at times. Remained at 3/4 7.5mg zopiclone and Ginet 84 contraceptive pill.

#32 KarenB

KarenB

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 03:43 AM

Nice to hear from you Bex, how are things going with you at the moment?  Coping with this heat?

#33 nz11

nz11

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationWaipu NZ

Posted 25 January 2016 - 01:56 AM

Hi Ali and Kiwibex,

If you feel you have been harmed by these drugs or not informed of the side effects, withdrawal difficulties or dependency then would you consider writing a complaint to those mentioned in post #3.

I've exhausted all avenues bar one at the moment so i need more people to keep the complaint baton tabled and alive.

Thanks

nz11.

#34 KarenB

KarenB

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 04:59 PM

Contacts for New Zealanders:

Lifeline: 0800 543 354 (available 24/7)
• Suicide Crisis Helpline: 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO) (available 24/7)
• Youth services: (06) 3555 906 (Palmerston North and Levin)
• Youthline: 0800 376 633
• Kidsline: 0800 543 754 (available 24/7)
• Whatsup: 0800 942 8787 (1pm to 11pm)
• Depression helpline: 0800 111 757 (available 24/7)
• Samaritans: 0800 726 666 (available 24/7)

#35 Alia02

Alia02

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 05 March 2016 - 10:27 PM

Feel so bad today. Had a lovely gin and tonic yesterday as it was so hot. Dont normally have these. Today my depression is so bad all I can do is lie in bed. I wonder whether it affected my withdrawl? On days like this I really want to go to bed forever. 

#36 KarenB

KarenB

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 09:20 PM

Incredible how alcohol (and some foods) can have such an effect on us.  Just rest as you need to, you'll gradually pull out of it again. 

I sent myself over the top yesterday by eating a chocolate muffin.  Gave me the same shakiness that coffee used to.  Where is the justice in that?!?!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: local support groups