Oops i haven't checked this thread for so long....thanks for checking in KarenB and MollyN
The above link is regarding a class action litigation being taken against pharma. in Australia triggered no doubt by the study 329 restored findings.
For some reason i cant copy and paste in here so shall type some out.
Antidepressants and suicide risk 18 Sept 2015. D S Lawyers; Sydney
Aropax/paroxetine; zoloft/sertraline; prozac/fluoxetine/lovan/erocap/zactin; fluvoxamine/luvox/faverin ; cipramil/talohesal/citalopram; venlafaxine/ effexor
Class Action and your rights
1. Australian and international researchers have discovered that antidepressant drug have been marketed to doctors on the basis of flawed research that downplays the risks of suicide and other serious side effects and the manufacturers have used selective research to show the drugs are effective in treatig depression when in fact they are not.
2.Drayton Sher Lawyers is putting together a team of lawyers to prepare a compensation claim against the manufacturers of these antidepressant drugs.
3. There are expert witnesses who are prepared to assist with such an action and will be retained to give evidence about matters including but not limited to : (a) the interaction between your genetic makeup and the drug and ;b. the epidemiology of the drug.
4. If you have been prescribed any of the above named ads and have suffered suicidal feelings prolonged side effects or other dangerous side effects then you should contact us because we may be able to help you with a damages and compensation claim against the manufacturers of these products.
5. By registering with us, everything that you tell us will be treated as strictly confidential and will be covered by solicitor client privilege.
6. We urge you to take this opportunity to see wrongs against you put right and to claim what is justly yours.
Contact T 02 8259 4513 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Lets hope this manages to make its way across the Tasman.
This would be great info to give to your local MP at the very least.
2000 amitryptaline, nortriptaline venlafaxine clonazepam for arm pain from keyboard use, told I had a chemical imbalance it would fix my arm was just a matter of finding the right med for me not informed of the nature of these drugs assured safe and not addictive, CT off Effexor after being told to double the dose on reporting adverse effects...later ..uncharacteristic psych panic tearful presented to doctor to get answers. Given paroxetine no questions asked 'safe and not addictive' next please.2001-2010 paroxetine (paxil) 2 failed attempts to quit, a learned helplessness set in. Feb 10 - Sept 10, 8 month clueless taper, hell. Doc said I had underlying depression .. I said that's not right' then found online support group and the truth!...overcome with inconceivable humiliation and outrage. 28 Sept 10 drug free ... daily psych and emotional torture beginning in the waking hours of the morning receding somewhat in the evening only to start up again the next day. 28 Sept 12 (24 months) Stabilizing (What an indescribable unimaginable non-functional nightmare). sleep issues start up at 3 yrs waking daily at 2am -4.30am), April 2016 return to sport for the first time since drug free, Sept 16 return to work on casual basis. 28 Sept 16 (6yrs drug free), still cant sleep with any regularity, pssd continues no sign of improvement, still feel Rip van Winkle-ish, brain fog still improving, psoriasis concerns.
"It is unsafe for people who suffer from something that could be treated with an ssri to consult a psychiatrist." Gotzshe 2015. [ I think Gotzsche could have easily meant to say 'to consult anyone with prescribing privileges']. "Going to a psychiatrist is one of the most dangerous actions a person can take." Breggin
“Paroxetine is not safe, it is not effective and it meets every known definition of addictive.” McLaren, N, (2016) 'Psychiatry as bullsh*t’ p55..."Psychiatry is stuffed full of 'deep nonsense' better known as bullsh*t." McLaren 2016
"Within the first week of when you go on an antidepressant you may have a sexual dysfunction, it can go on forever, often only appearing when you go off the drug ...its extraordinarily common" Healy 2015
See my intro post #451 for the xanax back story and for a CV -GSKs. Come on guys get taperwise see a TaperMe Schedule.
For a staggeringly shocking 'prozac back story' see the truth post #523
"If I were an enemy combatant and the NZ army did this to me someone would be dragged to the Hague and jailed!" nz11