SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ Martina23: Lyrica

Martina23

Please i kindly ask you to advice.

After caesarian delivery I got Lyrica 100mg for pain. I was on it 1,5 year. Now I wanted to withdraw and all hell broke loose. I have obsessive thoughts about harming myself and others (never were there before), intrusive thoughs of someone running with the knife, thoughts /urges to kill myself or other, hallucinations when I Close my eyes in the bad about bad things (yesterday I had in my dream a cancer) already for two months, and my doctor thinks this is Depression and wants to up Lyrica and give some antidepresant to it. I do not know what to do. I do not want medicaments, but I am afraid I might lose my mind and really hurt someone. What is this for a medication? How can this do to me? I was always normal. I have Little chicldren, I am single mom. I want only to die. Please tell me what to do, or I will go crazy. The best possibility would be only to die. How can I come from this away? I am afraid my brain is totally destroyed.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Martina23

• LoveandLight

• Pugknows

• AliG

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome, Martina,

I am so sorry you are experiencing this.

The symptoms you describe are all familiar to many of us. This WILL get better, You do NOT have to die. (Feeling that you do is a symptom itself, and a surprisingly common one.)

When did you stop the Lyrica? Did you taper it gradually (stopping a little at a time) or did you just stop taking it?

And did you start taking the Lyrica again when you started getting these withdrawal symptoms? Are you taking any other medications, or nutritional supplements or herbs?

I know it's hard to answer a lot of questions when you feel like you do, but they are important so we can give you the best advice in healing from this problem.

You are not going crazy, and this really will get better!

I was "TryingToGetWell" (aka TTGW) on paxilprogress. I also was one of the original members here on Surviving Antidepressants

I had horrific and protracted withdrawal from paxil, but now am back to enjoying life with enthusiasm to the max, some residual physical symptoms continued but largely improve. The horror, severe derealization, anhedonia, akathisia, and so much more, are long over.

My signature is a temporary scribble from year 2013. I'll rewrite it when I can.

If you want to read it, click on http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/209-brandy-anyone/?p=110343

• Moderator Emeritus

I was always normal.

You still are normal, Martina23. The intrusive/compulsive thoughts you are having are a very horrible symptom - they were my worst. Unfortunately, the subjects of these thoughts tend to be things that are terrifying and abhorrent to you - as you have described. The fact that you are bothered by the thoughts is very good - if you were not troubled by the thoughts, did not know they were wrong, that would be an issue. These are thoughts and images that go against who you know yourself to be. They are a symptom.

Brandy asked you some very good questions that would be helpful for the community in understanding your current position. It would be helpful for you to list your drug history in the signature area of your profile as well if you can.

I am certain that a moderator will be a long soon to formally welcome you to the site and give you some words.

The thoughts, while terrifying, are not harmful. They are thoughts after all. And in time, they do stop. I know how painful they are. They were my worst symptom and after many months, they began to fade. Now they are gone.

If you did not have these thoughts prior to withdrawal, you will likely not have them after your nervous system regains its balance.

Hang in there.

Dave

1996 - .5mg Ativan as needed, 7.5mg Remeron daily2008 - .5mg Xanax, Ativan discontinued, Remeron continued2012 - .5mg Xanax, .25mg Ativan 3x daily, Remeron continued2/2012 - Jumped from Remeron, continued .5mg Xanax .25mg Ativan 3x daily4/2012 - Began rapid taper of .5mg Xanax .25mg Ativan 3x daily6/2012 - Jumped from Xanax and Ativan, voluntary hospitalization followed7/2012 - 2nd voluntary hospitalization, reinstated Remeron, bumped to 30mg, also given risperidone.8/2012 - discontinued risperidone, tried gabapentin, dicontinued gabapentin, Remeron 30mg continued10/2012 to current - tapered Remeron 10% every 4 to 6 weeks (sometimes more time) using liquid compound12/2014 - 2mg Remeron 1/16/2015 - 1.9mg Remeron 8/1/2015 -1.6mg Remeron - 03/1/2016 - 1.5mg Remeron - 1/2/2017 1.3mg - 5/7/2017 1.2mg - 5/13/2017 - syringe size change - 6/8/2017 - 1.1mg - 7/10/2017 - 1mg - 9/1/2017 - 0.9mg - 10/22/2017 - 0.8mg - 11/22/2017 - 0.7mg - 2/2/2018 - 0.6mg - 3/13/2018 - new compound pharmacy - 5/20/2018 - 0.5mg - 8/31/2018 - 0.4mg - 11/16/2018 - 0.3mg - 12/24/2018 - 0.2mg - 4/1/2019 - 0.1mg - 5/1/2019 - .05mg - 0mg achieved 2019-06-15. 🤞

Hi, I am so happy that someone answered me. I took only 100 mg of Lyrica daily for 1,5 year. All the psychiater say that because of These symptoms I should go back on the whole Lyrica and take an additional antidepressant. It is true, first I stopped after one week (one week 50 and then stop) but everybody told me I should up at 50. I did, but it did not go away and the psychiatrist told I should up at 100 mg of Lyrica + antidepressant. I do not know what to do, (it is two months now) should I take more or continue at 50 mg like now ?

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

I would reinstate to 100mg and wait to feel more stable, and then do a nice slow taper off.  Don't listen to that nonsense about needing an antidepressant.  Lyrica is often used as a "booster" to take with an antidepressant here, but seems to be prescribed for a number of things.  There is a topic here with tips on how to taper from Lyrica:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2381-tips-for-tapering-off-lyrica-pregabalin/

Just remember, this isn't you, it's the drug, and you will get through this.

Paxil 20mg 1994-2005
Tried to quit twice, finally did it on my 3rd attempt in 2005.

I went from 20mg to zero in about four months, believing at the time that it was a reasonable taper.  It wasn't.  I suffered mostly emotional symptoms: frequent episodes of "anxious depression" lasting for about 17 months before it got noticeably better.

It sounds similar to my experience with Lyrica withdrawal. I had the urge to harm myself and others when I tapered Lyrica too quickly. It was very frightening. I ended up re-instating somewhat, let some time pass, and the withdrawal symptoms passed. Now I taper much more slowly.

Many psychiatric drugs previous to this.

June 2014:    Mirtazapine 30mg, Lithium 600mg, and Lyrica 100mg. (Acute withdrawal ends, but withdrawal sensations continue.)

June 2015:    Mirtazapine 26.5mg,  Lithium 535mg, and Lyrica 75mg.

June 2016:    Mirtazapine 20mg,  Lithium 350mg, and Lyrica 30mg. 

June 2017:    Mirtazapine 19.1mg,  Lithium 200mg, Lyrica .5mg  (Lyrica discontinued September 2017)

March 2018:  Mirtazapine 16.15mg, Lithium 90mg 

October 2019: Mirtazapine 4.65mg (Lithium discontinued March 2019)

June 2020:    Mirtazapine 1.25mg

January 2021: Off all drugs.

• Moderator Emeritus

How long were you on 0 for before going back onto 50? And did the thoughts start when you were on 0 or after you had reinstated? Sorry, just trying to understand your situation in full

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

• Administrator

Welcome, Martina.

It's possible that 50mg Lyrica will relieve the withdrawal symptoms. I would try this for a week or two to see if it is enough.

I would not add an antidepressant, that will only confuse your nervous system more.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi, I am so happy that someone answered me. I took only 100 mg of Lyrica daily for 1,5 year. All the psychiater say that because of These symptoms I should go back on the whole Lyrica and take an additional antidepressant. It is true, first I stopped after one week (one week 50 and then stop) but everybody told me I should up at 50. I did, but it did not go away and the psychiatrist told I should up at 100 mg of Lyrica + antidepressant. I do not know what to do, (it is two months now) should I take more or continue at 50 mg like now ?

Hello again, Martina,

I just want to clarify. When you said this:

... everybody told me I should up at 50. I did, but it did not go away and the psychiatrist told I should up at 100 mg of Lyrica + antidepressant. I do not know what to do, (it is two months now) should I take more or continue at 50 mg like now ?

... does that mean you went back on 50 two months ago and are still at that dose? Or did you go back on 50 more recently?

That answer will help us to help you.

I also forgot to mention earlier that you do not need to be concerned that your brain is destroyed, like you said in your first post. So many of us have felt that way and are fine now. Our brains were not destroyed! It felt like it, but that is not the reality.

I was "TryingToGetWell" (aka TTGW) on paxilprogress. I also was one of the original members here on Surviving Antidepressants

I had horrific and protracted withdrawal from paxil, but now am back to enjoying life with enthusiasm to the max, some residual physical symptoms continued but largely improve. The horror, severe derealization, anhedonia, akathisia, and so much more, are long over.

My signature is a temporary scribble from year 2013. I'll rewrite it when I can.

If you want to read it, click on http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/209-brandy-anyone/?p=110343

In November I went like, one week reduction to 50/day (prior I was on 100), and then the next week reduction to 0.

Three weeks after I was cutting the cake to small pieces to children and it started, I had this feeling that I am afraid that I might hurt the children. I was able to hold on (not taking Lyrica) for two weeks and then went to one psychiatrist, who told me to reinstate to 50 mg/day. Till now I was on 50 mg a day for 5 weeks, but these thoughts and urges to harm someone are still there. I feel so crazy.

Dignan, how long did it take these symptoms went away? After 5 weeks on 50 mg, I still have them, is it normal?

symptoms OCD

So very sorry you are suffering the horrid thoughts.  I have them as well.  It is part of the withdrawals.  They come and go for me and they are extremely scary.  I keep trying to tell myself that they are only thoughts and then try to let them go and carry on but it is hard.  I hope they pass for you very soon.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

Martina, again please forgive my asking so many questions.

1. Are the frightening thoughts worse or better since you went back to taking 50? (Any change at all - even a little?)

2. And do you think you might act on these thoughts? (Do you think you might actually harm your children or yourself?) Or are they frightening thoughts that come into your mind but you wouldn't do them? (Such thoughts are very common in withdrawal, as Frustrated said.)

Please know that we understand about these thoughts and many of us have had them. We care about you very much.

I think, more me than the children, I think with rational mind I would not do anything to anyone, i am only afraid that i will lose control or the rational mind would not be there if i need it

symptoms OCD

• Administrator

martina, other than these bad thoughts, do you have any other odd feelings?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Yes, for example when I close my eyes before sleeping and I imagine the faces of some of my friends, they look other, distorted as their caricatur I am anxious, depressed.

I landed now in the hospital as my friends wanted that i am treated. And all the doctors say thete is no lyrica discontinuation syndrom, maybe only for two days little problems. I know that my problems come from lyrica. They want to give me medication 3 pieces for depression.i do not know if i should not go home and wait until these issues would be solved from body by himself. Because i did not want any medication

symptoms OCD

• Moderator Emeritus

Martina, hello.

I am sorry you ended up in the hospital. Please check in at some point and let us know what happened.

Hang in there.

Dave

1996 - .5mg Ativan as needed, 7.5mg Remeron daily2008 - .5mg Xanax, Ativan discontinued, Remeron continued2012 - .5mg Xanax, .25mg Ativan 3x daily, Remeron continued2/2012 - Jumped from Remeron, continued .5mg Xanax .25mg Ativan 3x daily4/2012 - Began rapid taper of .5mg Xanax .25mg Ativan 3x daily6/2012 - Jumped from Xanax and Ativan, voluntary hospitalization followed7/2012 - 2nd voluntary hospitalization, reinstated Remeron, bumped to 30mg, also given risperidone.8/2012 - discontinued risperidone, tried gabapentin, dicontinued gabapentin, Remeron 30mg continued10/2012 to current - tapered Remeron 10% every 4 to 6 weeks (sometimes more time) using liquid compound12/2014 - 2mg Remeron 1/16/2015 - 1.9mg Remeron 8/1/2015 -1.6mg Remeron - 03/1/2016 - 1.5mg Remeron - 1/2/2017 1.3mg - 5/7/2017 1.2mg - 5/13/2017 - syringe size change - 6/8/2017 - 1.1mg - 7/10/2017 - 1mg - 9/1/2017 - 0.9mg - 10/22/2017 - 0.8mg - 11/22/2017 - 0.7mg - 2/2/2018 - 0.6mg - 3/13/2018 - new compound pharmacy - 5/20/2018 - 0.5mg - 8/31/2018 - 0.4mg - 11/16/2018 - 0.3mg - 12/24/2018 - 0.2mg - 4/1/2019 - 0.1mg - 5/1/2019 - .05mg - 0mg achieved 2019-06-15. 🤞

• Administrator

Martina, did they give you any Lyrica?

I made with them an appointment that they will give me 50 mg per day, I am trying to keep it. They prescribed me much more medicaments, but occassionaly (actually very often) I just dont take it. I cannot say I feel bad, it comes me only that my brain made on other point balance during the medicaments which now doesnt fit. I wonder it it already recognized it and if it solves also. I dont feel any difference only that I started to come with my memories into the time when I was a child. Yesterday evening quite a lot. At once there came me memories when I was 14-22. I thought I totally forgot it. It was actually a nice time. Yesterday I felt in hospital so lonely but today there was snowing here so it is actually very nice.

symptoms OCD

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Martina, can you tell us what it is that you have taken at the hospital sometimes? I'm glad that today is a good

day for you and I hope that you continue to get better.  

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

They give me 50 mg of lyrica, anafranil 75 mg, and at noon and evening a lot of seroquell (i do not know how many mg)

symptoms OCD

Could you please ask how many mg and post back the amount so the Mods know exactly what you are taking... thanks. 

I wish you peace

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

I take only 50 mg lyrica per day, but i can ask what they are trying to give me daily. I am already so much looking when i would be at home from hospital. I should tomorrow call my boss because my absence of work, it is so unconfortable to me as i do not know what to tell her, it is so stupid to tell her that i am on the psychiatry

symptoms OCD

From Muddles thread:

"The lyrica is my first medicine, i got it for PGAD 1,5 years ago. Here they want to give me for withdrawal "depression" additionally anafranil and seroquel, on the beginning i took some for ca 5 days, now for last 4 days i took only my stable dosis of lyrica 50 and other medicines went to the toilet "

Could you please tell me why you had PCAD was it from taking a previous drug?  

It is difficult to understand what your up against without all of your drug history. It truly would be helpful to add everything and all drug use is important to add not just the last few years as all drug use adds to the understanding of where you are right now. 

Please update your profile to add a complete drug history. 

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

I will update it but now in the hospital i have only my mobile phone and there i do not see this button on updating signature. I did not get PGAD from any medicine, i got after caesarian delivery (after birth of my children), i think they either destroyed me there some important nerves or it was hormonal.

symptoms OCD

• Moderator Emeritus

You are only taking the lyrica 50mg now? I am so glad that you are safe and feeling a little bit better. 

Keep posting here for us so we know how you are doing. Hugs from MammaP

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

I keep taking only 50 mg. The doctors think I take much more and again today they wanted to updose. Yesterday it was much better with the obsessive thoughts, i had only 2-3, normally i have 100 per day. Before meds i did not even know that something like this exists. I have a new symptom,iwanted to ask all if someone has it. It was last two days. I mean, directly before falling asleep when i close my eyes there come such pictures as if it was a nightmare: i know that it is not real, just an imagination. Yesterday i saw there a skull and then such bugs were running to me(i really believe it comes from this film mummy), i know all the time it is not real but it comes. Does anyone have something like this?

symptoms OCD

I think these pictures are there only to scare me

symptoms OCD

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm glad your thoughts have settled. I don't know about the pictures but keep saying to yourself that they're not real.

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

In the hospital they again proposed me to updose the medicaments. I think with this they want to give me they would anestetize even the ox!

symptoms OCD

I will update it but now in the hospital i have only my mobile phone and there i do not see this button on updating signature.

please see this and this post for the instructions on how to enter a signature. Please note that to do it on a phone you must be able to view the site in 'full version'. Instructions are in the first link.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

This Friday I will be alteady let out from the hospital. I can imagine next week I will already start to go to the work and taking care of the children and the whole household. I feel that my brain is still very slow in reacting to changes and needs much more calm enviroments. I am quite worried if i can manage all the things with "broken" brain (i know it is not broken, but it feels like).

symptoms OCD

• Moderator Emeritus

I feel that my brain is still very slow in reacting to changes and needs much more calm enviroments. I am quite worried if i can manage all the things with "broken" brain (i know it is not broken, but it feels like).

This might be true, you may need more time to recover, is there someone who can help you at home after you leave the hospital?

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

I have an au-pair. And for a few weekends I can go to friends. I hope in some way it will go. I will try to find some moments where i could meditate and calm myself down if it would be too stressy. Maybe this could help. Anyway, thank you for asking.

symptoms OCD

Hi Martina, thank you for stopping by my thread, it seems like your going through a rough time yourself.  I hope your doing well, keep posting about your progress. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers

Spring of 1998 place on birth control pills for irregular bleeding, high testosterone and one ovarian cyst, stayed on until April 2004, told to take hormone holiday, conceived first son 4 months later-VERY BIG SUPRISE, was told wouldn't be able to have childern or would need reproductive doctor to help. Got pregnant again 2006 with second son easily, then was on/off birthcontrol again until October 2011, concieved 3rd son in October 2011(tried many times to get pregant again when 2nd child was close to 2yrs, hormone problems started again after 2nd child, along with thyroid enlargement.

Spring of 2001 celexa 10 mgs-rx'd by pcp for complaints of chronic fatigue, irritability and weight gain, stayed on until June 2005, switched to Lexapro 20mgs for PPD, stayed on Lexapro 6-7 months, couldn't afford to see psyh dr. and Lexapro, saw PCP switched back to 20mgs celexa in 2007, remained on until November 2011, was c/t off due to 3rd pregnancy, baby had umbilical cord defect, seemed ok during pregnancy, except for crying jags here and there. Our miracle baby was born July 20th 2012, healthy except with reflux. One month later the anxiety,restlessness,horrible crying, insomnia and the deepest depression ever. That started the psyh drug nightmare-benzo's,antidepressants, sleeping pills, mood stablizers. Nothing help made me worse, doctors just kept changing the meds frequently. 4 mental health hospitalizations, rapid detox off benzos Jan 2013, horrible withdrawal and still suffering withdrawal symptoms NO ONE BELIEVES ME, I feel like ive been on one consistant drug withdrawal for the past 2 years

January 2014 slow titrate up of lexapro to 20 mgs-horrible side effects!!, was just rapidly taper by current pysh off to pursade me to try an MAOI-no way!!! Was told should consider ECT

Martina, I am so sorry you are suffering. I CT'd gabapentin, which is Lyrica's less potent older brother, November 8 2014, after botched up and down taper in August. I have suffered similar psychological issues as you have. The good news is that time is a healer and the bad images and thoughts come less frequently now. When they enter my mind now I talk to myself (and God) and let them just float by. I don't fight the thoughts, just observe them and keep telling myself they are just thoughts. Thoughts can't hurt us. It is just withdrawal. As long as it is just withdrawal, it will go away eventually. If you can, please continue to stay away from other drugs. You are so strong. You have proven this already because you keep refusing the additional drugs being encouraged by the hospital staff. You hang in there. You are moving in the right direction: A life without drugs. Psyche drugs will send you down a rabbit hole that will make hell look like a holiday. I am almost 90 days off gabapentin and doing much better than I was when I first found this site. The love and caring from the people on this forum is powerful. You will heal sooner than you think because you just took Lyrica and didn't add more drugs. (((Pug hugs)))

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Hello Skylarblue

Hello Pug,

It was nice that you wrote me. I know you are suffering like me.

I know I should be positive, but today I am not. There are so many things. I thought that it would go quicker, that I after some time I can continue in my life as it was.

But I am struggling each day, with someone who I am not. Today in the morning I got up with such a suppressed rage and it does not seem to subside (it is already three months and it is only always worse).

There is something in me, which is alright, such an inner voice which is like I was, which tells me what to do and not to. But all around there is only rage, anxiety, thoughts to harm people which do not even come from me (for example before falling asleep I try to think about something nice and my brain does not seem to be able to visualize this, shows me only pictures from hororrs or something which brings me into despair).

I am so afraid that this Lyrica destroyed there something, I do not want to be a person whom I now seem to be. I think I am not sure if I want to live like this. It comes to my mind this film Forest Gump where the Bubba asks what happened and Forest says "you got shot". I feel shot.

Sorry to write you.

I would the most like to give all my money to my children and then to give it up.

I thought before that when this WD is over, I will bring the children to see Ney York. They were made there and would deserve to visit a city  which gave them life. There is beautiful museum there. I wanted to see it oncemore, even a hotel where we lived.

But I am not sure if I can anymore. My life fell down like a house of cards. I am crying now.

I hope you both are ok. Sorry I did not want that you sink in even worse mood but it was too much for me.

Sorry, I hope you are not angry with me

Your Martina

symptoms OCD