Moonlitelotus: introduction/body zaps/questions

Moonlitelotus

I've been off prozac for almost 4 months now and in November I started experiencing body zaps. They don't feel like they are in my brain but maybe down the back of my neck and spine and throughout my body. They seem to come and go. I feel like some things trigger them amongst other symptoms, like exercise and recently I'm beginning to think acupuncture. Within hours after she does some points on my head I start getting body zaps even if I haven't had them for days so I am wondering if there is a connection. They freak me out though and make me want to curl in a ball. Is adrenal fatigue caused by withdrawal? Will my brain and nervous system fully go back to normal?

My history is that I am 24, when I was 19 I started taking Zoloft and was on it for 2 years. I was able to wean off no problems at all. I was off for a year. Then I started getting panic attacks again. So I reluctantly went back on zoloft again and with in a few months wanted to get off them which I couldn't. First I was stupid and cold turkey'ed it. Then I was like maybe I'll just try something else that might have less side effects so I got on lexapro still had side effects and didn't like it but was pretty stable for a few months then switched back to zoloft and tried to wean off again and once I took my last dose went into withdrawal so I was put on Prozac 10mg and stayed on it a month and leveled out then started weaning from there over 9 months dropping 1mg ever 4-6 weeks depending on if I was stable. Last dose was September 2nd. At first I thought I was going to be in the clear but then November I started feeling like **** which is I guess when it must have fully left my system. I feel like I did things the right way this time. Weaning slowly... So why am I still going through withdrawals?

I started out on zoloft 50 mg or 20mg (can't remember at that point) and was on it for a few months then decided I didn't want to take it because of the side effects so I cold turkey'd it and then was miserable and reinstated and all my symptoms went away and I felt normal. Stayed on it for a while tried lexapro 5mg for a month or two instead to see if I had less side effects. Then switched back to zoloft 20mg I think and weaned down to 6mg and jumped off too soon because it supposedly wasn't a "therapeutic dose" and was told it would be ok. Then I was going through withdrawal again so I reinstated again after about a month I switched to prozac because it's easier to wean off of supposedly. Weaned off over 9 month from 8mg Prozac. Then two months after stopping it on September 2, 2014. I went into withdrawal.

18 months off as of March 2, 2016

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Moonlitelotus, welcome to SA.  You had a lot of changes over the last couple of years which have 

caused your nervous system to be unstable. You tried a slow taper from prozac and that was very wise but

sadly it was just too soon after starting it. You did your best and what seemed right at the time, many of us 

here have done the same. If only the doctors who prescribe these drugs knew what they were doing and could

advise us properly we wouldn't be in this mess! 

Withdrawal does cause adrenal fatigue, autonomic instability and other things  unfortunately. It is possible that

a very low dose of prozac might help, maybe 0.5mg. I know that seems like a ridiculously low amount but a low 

dose has helped many people. At 3-4 months off there are no guarantees but if it were me I would give it a shot

if the symptoms are very distressing. If you go ahead you should wait a few months to stabilise before starting to

taper again, this will allow your nervous system to stabilise. Prozac is available in liquid form which is much easier

to taper the tiny doses with an oral syringe.  If you decide not to reinstate we have many excellent topics on self care in

withdrawal here... http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/forum/8-symptoms-and-self-care/

If acupuncture causes these sensations then it might be best to avoid it for a while or speak to your acupuncturist

about it. They are like doctors, some are very good some things and not so good at others. Yours might not 

understand antidepressant withdrawal.  Many members find that vigorous exercise causes symptoms to become

worse so we recommend gentle exercise such as a half hour stroll in the park each day, rather than a half hour run.

Some supplements can also cause problems, so can caffeine and alcohol but every one of us are different, some

are affected and others not so much.  Most do find that a good quality fish oil is good for brain zaps and may help

with the body zaps too. Magnesium is another one that most seem to find helpful. You will find topics on both those

in the link I posted above. I will put in some more links for you to read. 

About reinstating http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/3079-about-reinstating-and-stabilizing-to-stop-withdrawal-symptoms/

What is withdrawal syndrome. http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/603-what-is-withdrawal-syndrome/

It would help us if you could put your drug and tapering history in your signature strip, you can find instructions to

do that here.  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/603-what-is-withdrawal-syndrome/

You are among friends here and we are all going through withdrawal or tapering and are at different stages, so we

understand and support each other.  :)

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

I am very reluctant to reinstate after being off for so long now. I do have moments where I feel normal or close to it. I'm guessing these are windows. But then it seems like I do something and I get set back like exercising to hard or those acupunture points. I was weaning off with liquid already and got down to .5 mg and thought I could come off it. I'm just thinking at this point I should keep pushing through without reinstating. I'm just afraid I'll be going through this for years like I see many othes are. I don't want to feel like this for years. :( I woukd hope after a year I would feel much better.

I started out on zoloft 50 mg or 20mg (can't remember at that point) and was on it for a few months then decided I didn't want to take it because of the side effects so I cold turkey'd it and then was miserable and reinstated and all my symptoms went away and I felt normal. Stayed on it for a while tried lexapro 5mg for a month or two instead to see if I had less side effects. Then switched back to zoloft 20mg I think and weaned down to 6mg and jumped off too soon because it supposedly wasn't a "therapeutic dose" and was told it would be ok. Then I was going through withdrawal again so I reinstated again after about a month I switched to prozac because it's easier to wean off of supposedly. Weaned off over 9 month from 8mg Prozac. Then two months after stopping it on September 2, 2014. I went into withdrawal.

I think I have adrenal fatigue or thyroid issue or both so in going to get bloodwork done before I get back on any meds. I have a lot of those symptoms.

• Moderator Emeritus

It is encouraging that you have some times when you feel fine. You will experience windows and waves along the way

but gradually the windows will be longer and the waves will become less like tsunamis and more like ripples.

You are good at listening to your body, and are learning what causes things to get worse and that is really good. 

No-one can tell you how long it will be before you are better but it is already looking like you are recovering. 

I don't blame you for not wanting to reinstate, no-one ever wants to do that, but it is something that some people have

to do to function.  I hope that you feel better soon, let us know how the tests go and keep us updated  :)

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

* post and responses moved from symptoms

I'm getting fat from this withdrawal. I try to eat normal and a healthy diet of pretty much chicken and fish and fruits and veggies. Why am I gaining weight and why do I feel like I have no tolerance when I get hungry. It's like I'm fine and then desperately need to eat something or I don't feel well. Anyone else experience this or know how to control it?

• Moderator Emeritus

I have had that on Mirtazapine.  The only way I could control it was to go on to a very low carb diet

D

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

Yes, going hungry in withdrawal can be very hard at times.  Maybe because of blood sugar instabilities.  It does get better though.

I found eating a bit of protein fairly regularly helped with this problem.  When I was in a severe state I couldn't eat a meal without protein or I would often feel worse.  Even if you just eat a piece of fruit, eat some small bit of protein with it, that might help.

I don't know if your symptoms are worse in the mornings but for me they were, and many others, definitely was helpful starting the day with protein.  Oh the lavish diet of withdrawal when you get to eat salmon for breakfast...people thought I was nuts or spoiled...

I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions.

Oh and I second what Dalsaan said too, I cut out refined sugar completely when first in withdrawal.  That helped too.

I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions.

* post moved from symptoms

Is it possible that withdrawal just mimics issues with high or low cortisol? I have a lot of symptoms of both and it worries me. I just want to be ok but I don't feel ok I feel sick.

Yeah I eat a lot of protein because it seems that's the only thing that helps. I think it has to do with the body's cortisol levels being out of whack. Did anyone have really messed up cortisol levels and eventually they went back to normal?

I had cortisol tested, forget the details of the test but I was supposedly okay.

I think there are different tests though and I may not have had the right one to catch the issue.  Definitely felt like cortisol was messed up though. 

I had cortisol tested, forget the details of the test but I was supposedly okay.

I think there are different tests though and I may not have had the right one to catch the issue.  Definitely felt like cortisol was messed up though.

Is it back to normal now unfoldingsky?

• Moderator Emeritus

I think I have adrenal fatigue or thyroid issue or both so in going to get bloodwork done before I get back on any meds. I have a lot of those symptoms.

I think this is a good idea, do stay in touch and let us know the results.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

On and off throughout the day I get this tickley feeling throughout my body. It's like when you go on a ride at the fair and you get dropped really fast out of the air and your body feels all weird. Is this adrenaline? I don't feel anxious but it's uncomfortable for sure. I have been feeling a bit better minus that. But now it's happening more often this week. I started taking these supplements again too:

Calcium magnesium

Vitamin D

Vitamin C

Fish oil

Vitamin E

I don't know why any of these would create that feeling or if it's just withdrawals.

Anyone experience this or have any ideas of what it is or how to alleviate it??

I get waves of adrenaline like that all the time. I call them whooshes and they make me nauseous and anxious. It is like when you are really nervous or afraid and you get waves of anxiety or butterflies rising in your chest. I hate it.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

• Moderator Emeritus

I moved your last post from the symptoms forum to your own thread, its more of an update and question about your own situation. Its best to keep all your information together.

Withdrawal can cause all kinds of strange sensations in the body.  I have recently been getting a feeling like I have an ant or small bug crawling on my leg, but there is nothing there.  What you describe sounds more uncomfortable, like adrenaline rushes, as Frustrated mentioned, also common in a destabilized nervous system, I get those a lot too.

Did you start taking all those supplements at the same time?  We recommend making changes one at a time.

1.b. Do not ADD more than one drug or supplement at a time.
When you add more than one thing at a time -- or, worse, throw in the kitchen sink in some kind of cocktail -- and you get a bad reaction, you won't have any idea what to do. Should you drop one thing or all of them?

See: 

The rule of 3KIS: Keep it simple. Keep it slow. Keep it stable.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

I started taking them at the same time, yeah, all things I have taken before and used to take everyday even before withdrawal the only reason I stopped is because I was getting acid reflux really bad from withdrawal and stopped taking anything that might irritate my tummy. Reflux is gone pretty much. Now after starting the vitamins again I feel so much better I feel almost normal minus this feeling in my body. I keep getting it at certain times of the day it seems too. It's worse today than yesterday. It's just such an uncomfortable feeling it's like pulsing through my body and I feel a lot of it in my back, neck, and arms but in my legs too. It feels like low blood sugar weakness even though my blood sugar is fine. My back also tenses up really bad when it's happening. I can't tell if it's adrenaline or body zaps. :(

Don't feel bad. I sometimes don't get responses either. They are very busy. I get actual popping in my muscles especially my legs. I am couch bound today. The muscles are outta whack. Very sore. Btw Merry Christmas!

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Hey Moon,

I get the adrenaline/cortisol surges too! They suck! Hope you are well!

Tgirl

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

June 2014 abilify 2.5 remeron wasn't working so abilify was then added

September 2014 woke up with anxiety x 100!!!!

Pdoc then took me from 45 to 7.5 within a month and took abilify from 2.5 to 0

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Vitamin d 5,000 iu taking for about 3 years

October 2014 added fish oil/omega 3 1000 mg per day

Levothyroxitine 100 10 years or so

Dec 2014 started tapering 10% every 10 days-no problems.

August 2015 down to 0.1 mg

Woke up with severe anxiety-sleep issues-racing thoughts-depression. 9/9/15 up dose 1 mg.

Thank you Frustrated and tgirl for responding to me. :) I understand people are busy. I don't mean to be all needy. I just need some support sometimes from people who know what's going on with withdrawal because my family sure doesn't so it's like this is all the support I have right now. When I am having weird feelings they don't understand so it's hard to talk to them about it. Merry Christmas to you both!

I understand. I am all alone in my withdrawals too. I spend alot of time in pain with weird symptoms and have noone to talk to. My doctor thinks I am nuts because he doesn't believe in withdrawals and I don't want to stress my kids too much. I am a single mom so I don't have a partner either. This is a great support system for me too.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

My doctor thinks I just need to be on meds and she told my mom (same doctor) that she thinks I don't like her... Lol. Okay then. Someone has a guilty conscious. I have never indicated that to her at all. The only time I will go back to her though is for a check up when I'm finally better to prove her wrong. And you are so strong to be a single mom going through this seriously I couldn't even imagine. You can talk to me anytime, Frustrated. :)

Thank you. You are sweet. There are a few of us who speak frequently. Feel free to join in. I speak to some of the women every day. It will help you to connect with others who are having similar issues. It helps you realize that you are not going to die or anything, that it truly is the withdrawals causing all of these scary problems.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Dear M,

My family doesn't get it either. Noone does unless it's happening to them. It's taxing trying to explain it to them. I don't bother anymore!

The doctors are full of crappie when they say they don't believe in withdrawl.

I think they fully believe in it and they just sweep it under the rug as to not take responsibility.

Sad isn't it? I wish we couled mare them take them and tell em to call us in 6 weeks..

wouldn't that be awesome?

Best wishes!

Tgirl

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

June 2014 abilify 2.5 remeron wasn't working so abilify was then added

September 2014 woke up with anxiety x 100!!!!

Pdoc then took me from 45 to 7.5 within a month and took abilify from 2.5 to 0

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Vitamin d 5,000 iu taking for about 3 years

October 2014 added fish oil/omega 3 1000 mg per day

Levothyroxitine 100 10 years or so

Dec 2014 started tapering 10% every 10 days-no problems.

August 2015 down to 0.1 mg

Woke up with severe anxiety-sleep issues-racing thoughts-depression. 9/9/15 up dose 1 mg.

* post moved from symptoms

Has anyone experienced gall bladder problems during withdrawal? I am having pain that looks like gallbladder pain and for a month or more now I've had acid reflux issues (I have had none of these issues before only during withdrawal). Do these things go away as I heal? Does anyone have experience with this or know what to do?

• Moderator Emeritus
Please ask these kinds of questions in your own thread, rather than starting new topics.  This way we can answer your questions and direct you to the relevant discussion topics which have already been started.

Or even better,  please use the search function to see if a topic has already been started.  The best way to search the site is to use google.  Type in survivingantidepressants.org then the symptom you wish to search for.

Here is our topic about gallbladder issues.  You may wish to add to the conversation.

How is your gallbladder

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

I have stomach issues as well. My doc keeps trying to give me proton pump inhibitors which I don't want to take. My stomach has been sore and burning for a while. The pain goes into my back as well so it can be mistaken for gallbladder.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

I used the search thing and couldn't find what I was looking for and "How is your gallbladder" didn't even show up. Isn't the point of this site to post and ask questions and people actually see and respond. Not everyone is going to keep looking under my specific thread except those who are already subscribed to it. That was a completely separate topic from what I have asked in this thread previously. I am getting irritated that my posts keep being moved into this folder for no one to read. I don't feel like I'm getting much help that way.

The search is not perfect but having all your sympoms visible in your own thread gives the mods (and the rest of us) a better picture of your situation especially when you are a new member. 

Petu gave you the link to the correct thread. 

Don`t get me wrong, I understand why this irritates you. We are all more or less pissed for whatever reasons ;)

Welcome.

08 Cipralex 10mg for about 6 months. 11-12 Cipralex 20mg. Unsuccesful WD. 12-13 Zoloft 100mg with Diazepam 10-20mg as needed for anxiety.
Fall 13 Tapering Zoloft 100->50->25->12,5->0 in 2,5 months and CT Diazepam. 12/24/13 RI Zoloft 12,5mg

1/21/14 11mg

3/18/14 9,9mg

2/18/14 8mg

4/22/14 7,6mg

5/5/14 7,2mg

5/12/14 -> cutting 0,5mg per week, holding when necessary.

8/18/14 -> cutting 0,25mg per week holding when necessary.

10/20/2014 -> cutting 0,1mg per week, holding when necessary.
12/28/2014 Jump!

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are feeling irritated moonlightlotus.  But look at it this way, when your post was in the symptoms forum, it had zero responses.  Since I moved it to your own thread, you have got 3 responses plus the link to a helpful discussion about your current issue.

Its true the search function on this site doesn't work very well, that's why I suggested using google.

The best way to search the site is to use google.  Type in survivingantidepressants.org then the symptom you wish to search for.

I typed 'survivingantidepressants.org gallbladder' into the search bar, a list of gallbladder related posts from SA came up.  Look for ones from the symptoms/self care section for a discussion specific to your symptom.

Whenever you make a new post in a topic, it moves to the top of the thread and gets bolded, alerting members that a new post has been made.  A moderator will check on your introduction thread if you have made a new post recently which hasn't been answered, it may take a little while, we are all very busy.

Please try and be patient, we are doing the best we can to help everyone while keeping the site well organized and running smoothly.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

Ok thank you!

I read an article about antidepressant withdrawal and it said that the 5ht1a is a receptor that doesn't come back as quickly, essentially, and could be why symptoms can last quite a while. Has anyone researched more about this? The article also said that the 5ht1a receptor may not even come back in some people. That scares me. :( I hope mine are able to regenerate but it seems they are having a hard time. I know that many say dont take 5htp supplement during withdrawal that it can make you feel worse. I tried it before about a month ago for a few days and felt better but was having trouble sleeping so I stopped it. I was thinking about trying it again and just take it during the day instead. It didnt seem to affect me negatively but I dont want to have any set backs and keep myself from recovering. I feel like I need something to help me get passed this.

I am making a new thread because I can't seem to get much support if I don't. I am absolutely desperate right now. I feel like I can't even take this anymore. I feel like I'm never going to make it through this. I've been off Prozac for 4 months now and I see little if any improvement and when I think I do it's not real. I really feel I am that one person who no matter how slow they taper or what they do nothing will give and I will never get off SSRIs for good or feel like me again. No one seems to know how to help me. I made my mom cry because she is so distraught to see me this way. I don't want to make her hurt too. :( she feels so desperate and try's everything to help me. I feel bad. All I can do is cry today. I'm barely living anymore and I don't recognize the person in the mirror.

What makes you think that you won't...other people have?

Sorry you feel so awful..it's horrible to feel so alone and hopeless xxx

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

Because it's been 4 months and I even weaned off my medicine slowly and I'm still suffering. How do I know I will recover?

Give it time..it's only been 4 months as you say..not much time really.

Have to go just now but I hope you feel better soon xxx

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!