SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Technical support and bug reports

mammaP

Me too. That's why I look like Ricky Nelson! My file was the right format and not too big.

2009: Cancer hospital said I had adjustment disorder because I thought they were doing it wrong. Their headshrinker prescribed Effexor, and my life set on a new course. I didn't know what was ahead, like a passenger on Disneyland's Matterhorn, smiling and waving as it climbs...clink, clink, clink.

2010: Post surgical accidental Effexor discontinuation by nurses, masked by intravenous Dilaudid. (The car is balanced at the top of the track.) I get home, pop a Vicodin, and ...

Whooosh...down, down, down, down, down...goes the trajectory of my life, up goes my mood and tendency to think everything is a good idea.
2012: After the bipolar jig was up, now a walking bag of unrelated symptoms, I went crazy on Daytrana (the Ritalin skin patch by Noven), because ADHD was a perfect fit for a bag of unrelated symptoms. I was prescribed Effexor for the nervousness of it, and things got neurological. An EEG showed enough activity to warrant an epilepsy diagnosis rather than non-epileptic ("psychogenic") seizures.

:o 2013-2014: Quit everything and got worse. I probably went through DAWS: dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome. I drank to not feel, but I felt a lot: dread, fear, regret, grief: an utter sense of total loss of everything worth breathing about, for almost two years.

I was not suicidal but I wanted to be dead, at least dead to the experience of my own brain and body.

2015: I  began to recover after adding virgin coconut oil and organic grass-fed fed butter to a cup of instant coffee in the morning.

I did it hoping for mental acuity and better memory. After ten days of that, I was much better, mood-wise. Approximately neutral.

And, I experienced drowsiness. I could sleep. Not exactly happy, I did 30 days on Wellbutrin, because it had done me no harm in the past. 

I don't have the DAWS mood or state of mind. It never feel like doing anything if it means standing up.

In fact, I don't especially like moving. I'm a brain with a beanbag body.   :unsure:

Hi there,

I keep trying to upload a picture into my profile but I never am able to see any evidence for this picture having been successfully incorporated into my profile.  It just shows the file name and then I click done and nothing happen.  Maybe someone here can help me look more interesting on this website.

Thank you.

There's discussion about this in "How to Use this Site".

It seems the function that uploads avatars (pics) isn't working.

I was reduced to a head when i tried to change mine   :( .

How do we fix this mechanical problem?

• Administrator

The bug that interfered with uploading avatars has been fixed. You can upload your avatar now.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

The inability to use Internet Explorer "copy and paste' function has apparently gotten worse. (I use Firefox and am blissfully unaware of the brokenness of IE unless I am troubleshooting a problem.)

A member wants to post links and of course, the easiest way to do so is to go to the page you want, copy the link from the address bar and then paste that link into your post using the 9th button from the left in the post editor. Doing that using IE brings up a new type of box I have never seen before:

post-1822-0-65827400-1433494331_thumb.jpg

Problem is, that box freezes the page and the only way to recover is to close the tab (or whole window if you aren't using tabbed browsing) and then you have to go back, open a new tab, log in again, find the post you want to create, restore saved content, blahdeblah blah. You get the picture.

In short, friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer. Switch to Firefox. (I never suggest chrome because google has enough of my personal browsing history just from me using their search engine, I don't need to hand over anything else to them. And you CAN use chrome to paste links.) The IE problem is not likely to be fixed anytime soon.

(Something I found really odd while researching this problem: I am logged into the site with the 3 different browsers. Technically, that should not be allowed, 3 simultaneous logins.)

http://www.mozilla.org

Alternately (and the link above is my confirmation because I edited this post in IE) you can type your links directly into your post when using IE but you must use the whole thing, i.e. starting with 'http://'. Just 'www.' won't work. But be aware, if you make a typo in your link, you'll send someone to a dead end (or worse) possibly lead them to a bad site and a mod will have to fix the link. That is why the paste function is valuable when it works.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

I just paste in (to this typing area) the entire link that's in the location of the bar of the page I want to link.

Even though Mac/Firefox doesn't display the http:// in the location bar of the desired page,  cmd-A  and cmd-C (ctrl for the windows people) picks up the whole link, http:// and all.

When it's pasted into this text area, it looks like regular black type. When I press post, magic happens and it becomes a link.

Like this:

http://www.madinamerica.com/

=================================================================================

Just an experiment...typing in a hand-coded link. <a href="http://www.madinamerica.com/">Mad in America</a>

Edit: So that's what happens if you try to be fancy. It goes to MIA but it sure is ugly.

2009: Cancer hospital said I had adjustment disorder because I thought they were doing it wrong. Their headshrinker prescribed Effexor, and my life set on a new course. I didn't know what was ahead, like a passenger on Disneyland's Matterhorn, smiling and waving as it climbs...clink, clink, clink.

2010: Post surgical accidental Effexor discontinuation by nurses, masked by intravenous Dilaudid. (The car is balanced at the top of the track.) I get home, pop a Vicodin, and ...

Whooosh...down, down, down, down, down...goes the trajectory of my life, up goes my mood and tendency to think everything is a good idea.
2012: After the bipolar jig was up, now a walking bag of unrelated symptoms, I went crazy on Daytrana (the Ritalin skin patch by Noven), because ADHD was a perfect fit for a bag of unrelated symptoms. I was prescribed Effexor for the nervousness of it, and things got neurological. An EEG showed enough activity to warrant an epilepsy diagnosis rather than non-epileptic ("psychogenic") seizures.

:o 2013-2014: Quit everything and got worse. I probably went through DAWS: dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome. I drank to not feel, but I felt a lot: dread, fear, regret, grief: an utter sense of total loss of everything worth breathing about, for almost two years.

I was not suicidal but I wanted to be dead, at least dead to the experience of my own brain and body.

2015: I  began to recover after adding virgin coconut oil and organic grass-fed fed butter to a cup of instant coffee in the morning.

I did it hoping for mental acuity and better memory. After ten days of that, I was much better, mood-wise. Approximately neutral.

And, I experienced drowsiness. I could sleep. Not exactly happy, I did 30 days on Wellbutrin, because it had done me no harm in the past. 

I don't have the DAWS mood or state of mind. It never feel like doing anything if it means standing up.

In fact, I don't especially like moving. I'm a brain with a beanbag body.   :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

cymbaltawithdrawal5600, how would you concisely describe the problems using Internet Explorer?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

If you attempt to post a link in the post editor when using IE, you get nothing. Pasting into it either by using CTRL+V or right click sub menu or choosing 'paste' from the browser edit menu does nothing. All it will accept is text input. You can, however, type in links longhand if you wish but you must type accurately else you run the risk of sending users down the rabbit hole (to a nonexistent site or one with a maliciously formed link). I have never tried ALL of the post editor commands to see if there are any other gotchas, but the lack of that basic command makes IE a non starter for power users.

(Wordy, I know, but concise, I think).

Last time I checked this was the problem. Vivaldi is nice......

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

• Administrator

Thanks. I'll take another shot at figuring out how to fix this.

If you already know what the issue is then what I am about to say won't help. I use Firefox to edit the flower shop website provided by teleflora and have to use an interface to do it (no writing html and ftp'ing it to the server type of thing.) I recently updated ff and got an error message when I attempted to do a paste into a window for entering product descriptions. A ff message came up and said that it was a security violation for ff to allow commands to the Windows clipboard but that I could override this in 'about:config'.

I know we aren't using https to log onto SA, but I wonder if that is probably part of it somehow? I don't know code.

Could the Windows clipboard security be the problem? Or an OS security problem? Just a thought. Google has been no help at present.

• Administrator

I have no idea what you're talking about. The software for this Web site has nothing in common with teleflora.

the teleflora site is an example. there is a problem with SA when using Internet Explorer and carrying out commands to the Windows clipboard (they just won't work to command the clipboard). This issue is discussed in several postings that come up in a google search.

Firefox allows one to configure and allow commands to the windows clipboard. I have no idea what the deal is with SA. As far as I know we don't use a persistent https connection when we log on so IE not allowing clipboard access is weird.

Delete this comment and the one before it if they aren't helping narrow down the problem.

• Administrator

From the point of view of Web developers, IE has a small wedge of the browser market, and they don't optimize for it.

Holy carp you're right! IE share has fallen to ~20%, chrome is now nearly 40. I've been in my own firefox world for so long I had not noticed.

FWIW, the paste command works as advertised in IE on my site (which is https) so it is not a security issue in that sense.

So I just suggest people use a different browser and I know that is not fair but as you said, if the web developers aren't catering to IE we can't either.

In a test just now, the paste command is greyed out in the post editor in the right click sub menu so it cannot be chosen. It is present in the browser edit menu but silently fails. 'CTRL+V' does nothing.

I have a weird post in my thread as a result of playing with the character encoding in a blank post editor window in IE. A bunch of code appeared.

And I may have found the problem. A google search revealed a similar complaint about copy/paste and it appears to be the use of an older version of CKEditor (I assume by the site coders) which does not support c & p in IE11. See this link. So I think this means the ball is in IP Board's court?

Wow, from Auric attacks to website code all in the space of a few hours and made my first 911 call from my cell phone today too. This has been quite a day.

• Administrator

I made a change in the template as directed by software support. Hopefully this clears the problems with IE.

If you use Internet Explorer, clear your browser cache of SurvivingAntidepressants.org links ONCE. This change should take effect for you.

An update on the workings of IE is in my thread here. (Link pasting now works too).

This post courtesy of IE.

(Darn, I wish I had found the answer tho.)

You can go ahead and delete all of my posts on this issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a technical problem, I don't get signatures anymore when opening posts...It has been like this for long...switching off and on the browser does not change anything...

- 12.03.2021- doxepin- 50mg

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

- 30.09.2020- doxepin- 125mg

- May 2020, omeprazole 40mg switched to esomeprazole 20mg

- 2012 re-started Doxepin 75mg, evening. Increased to 150mg

- 2012, Atenolol 25mg, twice a day

- 2016, Low dose of HRT in evening, Sandrena and Utrogestan 

- Long term of Nasal spray Otrivine

- 2012, PPI Omeprazole 40mg-evening

24.10.2014- Started ESCITALOPRAM-first 5mg and then 10mg; due to the adverse symptoms reduced on 5.01.2015- Escitalopram- 2.5mg 22.07.2016- re-started reduction by 1% at a time. Completed tappering on  19.03.2020 😇

Well, I am not getting them now either. I turned ALL site sigs off and now I have to figure out how to turn them back on. I am sure that is what you did too.

Watch this space....

Yay!!!! Did not take long. Go to your settings (the little down facing triangle to the right of your username at the top of each page and you'll see this in this area, Ikam:

post-1822-0-16923200-1436038043_thumb.jpg

Take the check mark out of 'ignore' and you should have them back.

Note: you can ignore all sigs or just the book length ones.... a prompt asks you what you prefer. Search this thread for how to turn them off initially..... I get tired of repeating info.

• 3 weeks later...

Gemini,

A moderator will have to move your posts to an intro topic for you as they are scattered over several parts of the site. Your earliest post is here (I think) and it was missed as it is not in a place usually used for introductory posts.

If you will be patient, someone will help you get straightened out and then you can start posting in your new topic by giving us more information about your situation, your updates and any questions you might have that are particular to your situation. How you will do this is by going to 'your' topic in Introductions, scrolling to the bottom of the page and start typing into the 'reply' box and then hitting 'post' when you are done.

You have already been starting new topics in other areas of the site so you know how to do that already. If you find a topic you want to participate in, however, just scroll to the bottom of its last page and start typing as I explained above.

You can then continue to read this topic for more information on how to use this site.

• Administrator

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi CW ,  I've stopped receiving email notifications of topics I'm following and messages.  Any suggestions?

BTW , thanks for teaching me to cut and paste links.  In the beginning it was confusing , and now it's just a drag.

:)

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Beside your name at the top of every screen is a downward facing triangle. Click this and click 'content I follow'. At the upper right of the list is a button called 'toggle edit options'. Click this. You will now see, in your list, all the topics you are following, whether or not you are set to receive notifications and who you are following the topic as (mine are set to 'anon'). Remember how to find this list and setting.

Next go to 'My Settings' and in the left hand menu choose 'Notification Options'. As you go through the list, checking your options, see if any are not as you wish them to be and change them. There are two columns of preferences, make sure you choose what you want from both. Also, if you have recently changed your email address and did not update it in your profile, guess what? The system is getting bounces to an inactive address. Change it in the appropriate place in your profile.

If all the settings are as you wish then save everything and log out. Log back in again and make sure everything has stayed the same. You might want to start following a heavily tracked post and see if you get a notification. If not, try this: uncheck some of the things you are following. There may be an upper limit to the amount of notifications the system can handle for one user and maybe you have exceeded it. You can use the list I told you about in the first paragraph.

I have my email program always running in the background and set it to fetch mail every 5 minutes. I get notifications pretty quickly when I have them turned on and set to notify me via email. I have them turned off currently, I just happened to see your post.

BTW, when you copy links make sure you get the entire link. Your post in CES devices has a bad link because you left off the 'px' at the end of the first link. The intertubes are really picky about addresses. I commented on it but no one changed it.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks CW , I did those things and it's working again.   I'll have to check links when I post them . . . glad you pointed that out.

:)

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

I need a little bit of technical support. I'm trying to change my screen name to a happier one now that I'm feeling better, but I can't find how. Is there an option somewhere in settings or somewhere else around, or do I have to make a name change request? 

I would appreciate some help, thank you. 

Claudia

-Effexor 150 mgs (2001-2009). Severe withdrawal symptoms during and after tapering for 6 months.  

-Pristiq 50 mg (2009-2012) Tapered over a year. Worst year of my life. 

-Prozac 20 mg (2012) Tapered over 6 moths to ease withdrawal. Still had severe WD symptoms. 

- (2012-2014) Doctor tried more than 20 medications for depression and WD, leaving me hypersensitive, and in protracted withdrawal. 

- Most debilitating symptoms during protracted withdrawal have been deep depression, anxiety, brain zaps, fatigue, akathisia, twitching, headaches and terrible PMS. 

-January 2015: Started Lamictal 12.5 mg, increased to 25 mg.- Bad reaction when updosed to 50 mg. Stopped. 

-February 2015: Doctor tried new antidepressant Brintellix - Horrible reaction. Discontinued completely. Severe AKATHISIA started.

-March 2015:  Started TMS therapy (Transcranial magnetic stimulation) for severe depression. Didn't work. 

-July 23-August 12: Had 10 ECT sessions which took away my protracted withdrawal symptoms including: akathisia, brain zaps, muscle twitches, fatigue and depression. Stopped medications. 

-September 2015: Experiencing bouts of depression again and muscle twitching. 

-March 2016: Started 20 mg Nortryptiline for depression. It helped. 

-August 2016: Slowly tapering Nortryptiline. 

Alto is the only one that can change screen names and she has stated that screen names can only be changed if the user picked their real name or something tied to it (and later realized that was not a good choice because of privacy issues) OR if the user was from the now defunct paxil progress site and wanted their name here to match their old pp handle.

Any question about screen names can be directed to Alto in a PM.

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong about your name and it is your story that is the most important thing about you. The name (at least in my mind) is inextricably woven through it. I am sure that unless my mind turns to mush as I get older I will be able to readily call you to mind as "that nice lady from Mexico that tried ECT for her withdrawal symptoms and reported that it worked".

I have been here for going on 3 years. I often wish I had picked an (at least) shorter name and one less weird. (Every time I clear my cookies I have to type out that long name again). If I switched it to 'Happy Face', people viewing the group after a long absence might be thrown for a loop and one of the most important things about membership in this group is lost: a sense of continuity and trust. Things not to be taken lightly.

Alto might approve your request (if you make it) but if she does not I hope you can see how a name change has far-reaching consequences for the group.

Cdav,

Please re-read and think about the first paragraph I wrote above. It contains a message for you specifically.

If you do decide to ask for a name change, please ask Alto to delete this post.

CW, 

I reread, it doesn't contain my real name or has anything to do with the paxilprogress site. Actuallly I wanted to put my real name, but like I said, I decided to better stick to the one I already have. 

Tnx! :)

-Effexor 150 mgs (2001-2009). Severe withdrawal symptoms during and after tapering for 6 months.  

-Pristiq 50 mg (2009-2012) Tapered over a year. Worst year of my life. 

-Prozac 20 mg (2012) Tapered over 6 moths to ease withdrawal. Still had severe WD symptoms. 

- (2012-2014) Doctor tried more than 20 medications for depression and WD, leaving me hypersensitive, and in protracted withdrawal. 

- Most debilitating symptoms during protracted withdrawal have been deep depression, anxiety, brain zaps, fatigue, akathisia, twitching, headaches and terrible PMS. 

-January 2015: Started Lamictal 12.5 mg, increased to 25 mg.- Bad reaction when updosed to 50 mg. Stopped. 

-February 2015: Doctor tried new antidepressant Brintellix - Horrible reaction. Discontinued completely. Severe AKATHISIA started.

-March 2015:  Started TMS therapy (Transcranial magnetic stimulation) for severe depression. Didn't work. 

-July 23-August 12: Had 10 ECT sessions which took away my protracted withdrawal symptoms including: akathisia, brain zaps, muscle twitches, fatigue and depression. Stopped medications. 

-September 2015: Experiencing bouts of depression again and muscle twitching. 

-March 2016: Started 20 mg Nortryptiline for depression. It helped. 

-August 2016: Slowly tapering Nortryptiline. 

• 2 weeks later...

Can't figure out how to update my 'about me' page for drug changes,etc....

I updated signature

meds tapered @ 50% under psychiatrist June 2013 to October 2014 taper Effexor 150mg, Prozac 40mg,HRT,Gabapentine 500mg tid,Lamotrigine 25mg bid, Librium 5mg qid. October 2014 reduced final med prozac 40 mg-0mg in 4 weeks! 6 weeks later major wd kicked in. Off all meds oct 2014

supplements:Omega 3 4000mg, Vit D 2000mg,March added Inositol 6g 4/ day, TrueHope EMP 2.5 caps. + GabaMax (Phenyl gaba) 1/2 tsp 2/ day, choline bitartrate 250 mg up to 4/ day. June + ltryptophan adverse reaction.

Reinstatement 1 dose 10 mg fluoxetine. adverse reaction face & chest rash the next am...related?saw my neutrons firing, felt like brain swelled or was growing. Too high dose and possible interaction w supplements.June 22,15:Update...stopped emp plus.not sure if it was helping or hindering. Reduced inositol from 24 g/ day to 6 g @ bedtime w gabamax

June 1 mg x ?days, panicked! June, reduced to .50 mg x 2 days,family freaked out, back up to 1 mg

Sometimes think I maybe reacting to meds but it could also just be continuing or new wd symptoms. Occasional rash concerns me but I'm pretty sure an allergic rash would not be intermittent?

August: Prozac 1 mg, quetiepine 6.25 mg @ bedtime, omega 3, vit d doses same. inositol 1.5 tsp w 1/4 tsp gabamax (300 mg phenyl gaba + other ingredients)

Still experiencing disabling symptoms.

Disappointed that I don't feel better being off meds as many report experiencing sx but feel better in the mind...I feel worse. Learning to cope w sx

Mid August reduced inositol to 1.25tsp,gabapentin down to 1/8 + 1/2 of 1/16 tsp (going slow as anxiety increases w each reduction)

August 28: increased Prozac to 1.5 mg hoping for some relief.

Biggest problems now are fear,anxiety,depression along w the physical weak legs and exhaustion.

Upset with myself that I was drug free and then caved looking for relief. All is not lost just because I am taking minimal doses of these drugs. Must remain strong and have faith that I can do it without the drugs...

Drug changes go in your signature only, they are not needed anywhere else. You can always make a post and describe everything 'about your meds' and then add a link to it in your sig. We just need the basics, not your entire history. Your sig is what you need to keep updated.

In the settings page, about half way down, is a link to edit your 'about me page'. The screenshot shows mine if I ever want to edit it again.....

post-1822-0-50902100-1440877407_thumb.jpg

You can add or delete your birthday, change your city (did you really think nz11 was really from Eketahuna?) and that is about it.

• 3 months later...

Hi!

Not sure if this is a question or a request or both, but I am trying to read the forums this evening on a tablet device for the first time--that I can remember, at least. I don't know if the formatting of the site has changed, but I can barely read it this way because the font is so thin that there is not enough contrast between background and foreground. I cannot read text on a white screen at all because of Tardive Dystonia-related eye pain and extreme photosensitivity,, so I usually invert the colors and enlarge the screen font, but the post font remains thin and compact and very hard to read. The color of signatures is so dim I cannot make out the letters at all.

I am using the iCab browser on IOS 8, but it identifies itself as Mobile Safari. I am viewing the regular version of the site, but the mobile version has the same problem. If there are any user-specifiable formatting settings for the forums, I haven't been able to find them yet.

Sorry if this is not quite the right place to bring this up. I very much want to be able to use the site this way, but this evening it was all I could do to find this thread. At least I'm still on topic: the Dystonia was Zyprexa's parting gift and now visual accessibility has become personally relevant rather than only abstractly so!

Thanks for any help and/or fattening up of the theme font.

Erik
poet. skeptic. laughs in the face of death ha!

Rx Hx: (Dates and doses 1999-2012 are approximate)
Dec 1997 started on Paxil.
thru 1999ish: every SSRI in existence, one at a time, except for Prozac...
2000: Prozac 40mg; added Zyprexa 5-10mg 

2004: began Buprenorphine, 40mg
2005: Prozac 60mg; Zyprexa 5-7.5mg; added Klonopin avg 1.5mg/day PRN
2006: Prozac 80mg; Zyprexa 5mg; Klonopin avg ~1mg PRN then down to 0.5mg by 2012
May, 2012: signs of tardive dyskinesia. Begin Zyprexa "taper": 2.5mg
late July, 2012: Zyprexa 1.25mg
early Aug, 2012: discontinued Zyprexa

a little later Aug, 2012: GI disturbances, nausea, appetite loss, disturbed sleep, body temperature dysregulation, fatigue, sweating, headaches, beginning of rapid weight loss
Dec 2012: Prozac causing stomach pain; reduced to 60mg
Jan 2013-present: muscle pain and spasms in face, jaw, neck, shoulders, chest

5 Dec 2013: GP suggests increase in Klonopin for muscle spasms

Currently (Dec 2013): 60mg Prozac, 0.875 mg Klonopin, 40mg Buprenorphine

nausea, headaches, muscle spasms, tardive dyskinesia continue;

appetite back, increase in energy and in apparent metabolic rate

"mental" reactions since stopping Zyprexa: intermittent increase in obsessional thinking, extra emotional zing

treatment: sitting meditation 50 min once or twice a day PRN

• Moderator Emeritus

Sorry but I am not very techy at all! I have problems using my tablet but it is better if I choose to use the desktop site rather than the mobile one. I have to desktop for all my browsing by tablet, I can't get along with the apps or whatever it is! 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• 1 month later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

If you really want to close your account , try reading this link http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8621-if-you-wish-to-close-your-account/

If you'd like your screen-name changed for privacy reasons , please message Altostrata with your request.

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

I want to make some changes to my community stats but it won't allow me to.  How do I do that?

.5 mgs. Risperdal, Feb. 1/16 10% cut or less., mild w/d symptoms (cut too much), Apr. 1/16 5% or less cut, no w/d symptoms, May 15/16 5% or less cut, no w/d symptoms, Sept. 1/16 less than .25 mgs., no w/d symptoms, feeling great.  Risperdal tablets are disintegrating so shaving tiny tiny amounts is how I do it.

2012 to Aug./15 tapered 75 mgs. Effexor to nothing, felt great for 3 months then hit an anxiety patch late Oct., couldn't sleep, shaky all the time, couldn't concentrate. Nov. 1/15 reinstated tiny fraction, Feb. 1/16 8 beads, June 1/16 4 beads, Sept. 1/16 3 beads, no w/d symptoms, Feb. 10/16 2 beads, great no w/d symptoms, taking this really really slow.

200 mgs. Trazodone for sleep.  Will taper very slowly when Effexor and Risperdal are done with proven stability.

Taking Magnesium Citrate, Omega 3 Fish Oil  and Ashwagandha (has calming effect, promotes good sleep & feel energized)

• Administrator

I don't know what you mean by "community stat." Go to your Setttings -- click on the tiny downward arrow next to your name at the top right of every page -- you'll see what you can change there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management