AmyK

AmyK: Intro about myself

742 posts in this topic

Wonderful, Amy! Such great news. You will continue to improve. 

Big hugs! 

It will shift Amy.  I have read all over the place that the morning can be the last spot to heal but it does.  As I shared with you, even though my mornings are not healed yet, they are better. 

Day by day things continue to heal. 

Happy Monthaversiry.  I just had to make up a new word today. I'm so glad it's going smoothly.  Things should start falling into place more and more as time passes and the past problems will fade.

(((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))

I like Brass's new word.

Thankyou all dear friends! 

I like the word too, one should celebrate things more often! 

I take a swim in the sea every day now. It's mindfulness for me.

Hugs!

Healed by the sea. It's not even hard to believe. The sea is so unexplicable that thought stops. Happy healing!

Thankyou, miT!

Difficult day feeling quite high anxiety and restlessness. It's just so unbeliavable that those drugs are legal when the make people suffering for years... makes me so sad. 

Could omega 3 give instant relief from brain fog and restlessness, or is it just placebo? I think it happened to me today (for a couple of hours). Is that really possible? 

11 minutes ago, AmyK said:

Could omega 3 give instant relief from brain fog and restlessness, or is it just placebo? I think it happened to me today (for a couple of hours). Is that really possible? 

It's a fair question, Amy, and one that I always wondered.  For a view that suggests there is REAL science behind this, this is a post I made on the King of Supplements thread that deals with Omega - 3.

"This is a link to an interesting podcast with a proponent of high dose fish oil for TBI.  Some very compelling data.  He has a book about it as well called "When Brains Collide."  Makes me consider upping my Omega 3 intake significantly.

http://ehlradio.com/the-benefits-of-omega-3s-for-athletes-helping-to-prevent-brain-injury-and-supporting-recovery-if-injured/ "

Best,

Andy

Oh, thankyou, Andy! I will listen to it! What is TBI? 

And- what dose of Omega 3 do you take? I have only taken it sporadically since zero. 

4 minutes ago, AmyK said:

Oh, thankyou, Andy! I will listen to it! What is TBI? 

And- what dose of Omega 3 do you take? I have only taken it sporadically since zero. 

TBI is traumatic brain injury.  Typically the research has been with stroke, concussion, etc., but I think that there is a strong argument that the damage from psychotropic meds may well be of similar magnitude.

I take 1000mg a day but when you look at fish oil or omega - 3 generally, you need to look at EPA and DHA levels rather than the size of the pill.  It is the active ingredients we care about.  Having listened to this podcast, however, I have just ordered a supply of more omega-3 and intend to significantly increase my dose -- likely to 3000mg a day to see if that helps.

Best,

Andy

I'm so sorry Amy! It is truly a crime they put these most dangerous poisons into millions innocent lives.

it took cipromillion couple months to feel much better. I can't believe these lingering symptoms will take long to completely go away for you. Just hang a little bit more. You will be fine soon.

hugs,

lex

Is the anxious feeling a new symptom only after completely off?

28 minutes ago, apace41 said:

TBI is traumatic brain injury.  Typically the research has been with stroke, concussion, etc., but I think that there is a strong argument that the damage from psychotropic meds may well be of similar magnitude.

I take 1000mg a day but when you look at fish oil or omega - 3 generally, you need to look at EPA and DHA levels rather than the size of the pill.  It is the active ingredients we care about.  Having listened to this podcast, however, I have just ordered a supply of more omega-3 and intend to significantly increase my dose -- likely to 3000mg a day to see if that helps.

Best,

Andy

Thankyou, Andy. I will definately continue with omega 3. 

All the best to you. 

Lex. I just have to keep calm. I know it will subside. I am on vacation with family and may have a bigger expectation on my ability to function. 

I had these feelings of anxiety before, especially when I felt late (a couple of hours) with my dose. It's chemical. I know that. I just have to surf the wave. 

How are you, Lex? Hugs! 

1 hour ago, apace41 said:

Best,

Andy

Andy, thanks for sharing this. What brand of omega 3 are you using? 

I'm using nordic naturals but am always open to hearing about a possibly more economical version. 

I've seen several places that recommend this-- 1,000 mg/day combined DHA/EPA.

Amy -- I'd like to suggest hemp seed oil for your omega 3 and 6. I've taken fish oil and it had little effect. I've been taking a tablespoon a day of hemp seed oil (not CBD oil) and it's had a very noticeable affect on my mood/withdrawal symptoms. It also tastes good. If you look you'll find some research on its effect on depression, etc. It generally comes from producers in Canada.

Here's some info from a dot com site, https://www.nateralife.com/blog/lifestyle/omega-truth-hemp-vs-fish-oil/

What science says about hemp seed oil:

Hemp seed oil is composed of nearly 85 percent essential fatty acids (EFAs) alone and offers the richest, most balanced natural source of EFAs. In fact the amount of alpha-linolenic and linolenic acid in 15 ml (one tablespoon) of hemp seed oil provides more than the daily EFA requirements suggested by the FDA. In addition, hemp seed oil is lower in saturated fatty acids than other comparable oils, is easily digested and has been shown to alleviate symptoms of atopic dermatitis (eczema) and even psoriasis.

Hemp seed oil also exhibits the highest total phenolic content and antioxidant activity compared to all other plant-based oils (with the exception of pumpkin seed oil). Naturally occurring phenolic compounds are known to play a key roll in reducing the risk of cancer, relieving systemic inflammation, acting as a powerful antioxidant and promoting free radical elimination.

Chemo-preventive (anticarcinogenic) properties of hemp seed oil work by causing apoptosis (cell death), inhibiting the cell cycle and preventing the abnormal proliferation of cells characteristic of cancerous tumors.

What science says about fish oil:

Obtained from the tissues of “oily” fish (such as sardines, salmon, tuna, anchovies etc.), fish oil contains omega-3 fatty acids and two other fatty acids called EPA and DHA. Oily fish themselves do not naturally manufacture omega-3 fatty acids but rather they accumulate it in their tissues by eating other fish that have stored amounts of omega-3 fatty acids and microalgae in their bodies.

Although studies have shown that fish oil may help reduce incidences of cardiovascular disease, its ability to relieve other conditions such as macular degeneration, cognitive decline and depression, as attributed to hemp seed oil, has not been verified.

Unfortunately, fish oil also doesn’t contain the prefect balance of omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acids for the body. Oils from most fish that are used to cultivate fish oil capsules (such as salmon, herring, mackerel, anchovies and sardines) have a profile of around seven time the omega-3 oil as omega-6 oils.Hemp seed oil contains the optimal 1:4 ratio of omega-3 to 6 required for body consumption and use.

Myndfull

Hi, Sky,

You might want to check out the OmegaBrite brand.  I take 4 capsules a day (a little more 1400 mg) and have been happy with it.  I started it years ago and think the quality is good.  EPA is 1050 mg and DHA is 150.

Thanks, Gridley! I appreciate it.

4 hours ago, SkyBlue said:

Andy, thanks for sharing this. What brand of omega 3 are you using? 

I found this one that seems to have very high quantities of DHA and EPA.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FOVLXYW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I figure I will take 2AM and 2PM which will provide 3000mg of essential fatty acids.

I agree with myndfull that hemp can be a great source -- something I'm looking at as well.

Best,

Andy

Thankyou for all the information you are sharing about Omega 3. I really appreciate it! 

Just checking on you Amy, hope those bumpy days are over now.

I am better, thankyou Lex. It always changes, how can I forget that... 

I was sweating heavily for two nights and now get moments of dizzyness and unease.

But it is much better. 

I wonder how you are, Lex? Love and hugs to you!