SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ Nathalou

Nathalou

Thank you, Nathalou. I pray for all of us daily!

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nathalou

• Fresh

• mammaP

• JanCarol

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like I'm going into some kind of depression. The last weeks were hard physically but I was able to cope mentally in some way, now it's just drained me and I feel loss of all emotions besides deep despair and depression... I'm getting to that same place i was when i had to go to the ER two months ago. No, I won't commut that same mistake but it's so darn hard... If only all the physical pain would vanish i think i could cope...

2008-2014: various doses of Sertraline between 25-150mg. Put on it initially for very mild anxiety.

Occasionnally Xanax 0.25mg, maybe twice a month.

Summer 2014: much too rapid taper off Sertraline (had no clue about withdrawal) from 25mg to nothing in about two months.

September 2014: last Sertraline pill.
End november 2014: begin WD symptoms (severe headaches, nausea, dizziness, lightheadedness, zaps, head/face/ear pressure, severe debilitating anxiety and insomnia, muscle pains and spasm,..) 

Begin february 2015: had developed what I now know is akathisia, arrived at the psych ER severly sleep deprived. Put on a drug regimen consisting of: Sertraline 25mg, Trazolan 100 mg for sleep and Temesta 2,5 when needed.

Had a severe adverse reaction to the Sertraline reinstatement and became acutely suicidal within days. Akathisia and all physical symptoms became worse. Doctor pushed the doses further up until I, in a moment of lucidity, found a psychiatrist who believed me when I said I was in WD.

Mid march 2015: off all psych meds. Suicidal thoughts diminshed greatly, insomnia got somewhat better but akathisia is still relentless and physical symptoms quite debilitating. At least drugs are out of my system and healing can finally commence.

I avoid coffee, alcohol and exercise and am not taking any supplements whatsoever. I am just leaving my body and brain to be.

I feel like I'm going into some kind of depression. The last weeks were hard physically but I was able to cope mentally in some way, now it's just drained me and I feel loss of all emotions besides deep despair and depression... I'm getting to that same place i was when i had to go to the ER two months ago. No, I won't commut that same mistake but it's so darn hard... If only all the physical pain would vanish i think i could cope...

yes sounds normal this takes a toll - you'll get through it

Hell hath no fury as an SSRI scorned.....

Prozac:   20 mg 1996 – May 2003 CT to 0 mg; by Aug 03 CRASH then protracted WD 3 yrs

Zoloft:    2004 few weeks;, CT to 0 mg

Effexor:  2005 few months CT to 0 mg; bad withdrawal. 

Lexapro:  10 mg from 2009 – 2011; cut dose in half to:

Lexapro:    5 mg from 2011 – Feb. 2014; CT to 0 mg; 2 months of fatigue, followed by:
Aug - Oct 2014 Lexapro WD Insomnia Wave; sleeping very good from Nov 2014 - Nov 2015; broken sleep pattern Dec 2015 - Jan 2016

Dec 2014 - present: Brutal Lexapro WD ear ringing/head ringing/head pressure lasting for 14 months now.

24 months SSRI-free  

clearday- thanks. how are you doing? how are your nights? thinking and praying for you..

today is a hellish day, just like the ones back in february. The suicie ideation is just intense and so hard to shake off it makes me mad. Got about 1h of sleep tonight but managed somehow to drag myself to work, by some kind of miracle...I was using a stapler to fasten papers together this morning and got the urge to put a staple in my arm! That is so completely not my way of thinking and i feel as if my brain is hijacked. it's just insainty what these drugs have done. The akathisia is very ramped up and I don't see how one can possible recover from all of this?

i get black spots in my eyes, troubled vision and flashes of light, the tremors are getting so intense that i look like i have parkinsons. and that buzzing in my legs is getting to me. Oh and the zaps are SO severe today, with every eye movement i get an electrical shot through my brain and eyes.

just cannot think straight and any ounce of optimism that i may have had has vanished. but i'm here still so that i suppose must mean that on some level i still have hope..

2008-2014: various doses of Sertraline between 25-150mg. Put on it initially for very mild anxiety.

Summer 2014: much too rapid taper off Sertraline (had no clue about withdrawal) from 25mg to nothing in about two months.

End november 2014: begin WD symptoms (severe headaches, nausea, dizziness, lightheadedness, zaps, head/face/ear pressure, severe debilitating anxiety and insomnia, muscle pains and spasm,..) 

Begin february 2015: had developed what I now know is akathisia, arrived at the psych ER severly sleep deprived. Put on a drug regimen consisting of: Sertraline 25mg, Trazolan 100 mg for sleep and Temesta 2,5 when needed.

Had a severe adverse reaction to the Sertraline reinstatement and became acutely suicidal within days. Akathisia and all physical symptoms became worse. Doctor pushed the doses further up until I, in a moment of lucidity, found a psychiatrist who believed me when I said I was in WD.

Mid march 2015: off all psych meds. Suicidal thoughts diminshed greatly, insomnia got somewhat better but akathisia is still relentless and physical symptoms quite debilitating. At least drugs are out of my system and healing can finally commence.

I avoid coffee, alcohol and exercise and am not taking any supplements whatsoever. I am just leaving my body and brain to be.

I don't see how one can possible recover from all of this?

Yes, so many people who have recovered recall their days when it seemed they would never recover from the horror.

I never thought I would have gotten better from Prozac WD, yet I did. Took a few years.

Now I can't imagine my brain will ever quiet down from all the noise in there for five months now due to Lexapro WD. Yet I have good reason to hope for much improvement. And I have good reason to expect that it will take quite some time, much longer than I would like!  

Hell hath no fury as an SSRI scorned.....

Prozac:   20 mg 1996 – May 2003 CT to 0 mg; by Aug 03 CRASH then protracted WD 3 yrs

Zoloft:    2004 few weeks;, CT to 0 mg

Effexor:  2005 few months CT to 0 mg; bad withdrawal. 

Lexapro:  10 mg from 2009 – 2011; cut dose in half to:

Lexapro:    5 mg from 2011 – Feb. 2014; CT to 0 mg; 2 months of fatigue, followed by:
Aug - Oct 2014 Lexapro WD Insomnia Wave; sleeping very good from Nov 2014 - Nov 2015; broken sleep pattern Dec 2015 - Jan 2016

Dec 2014 - present: Brutal Lexapro WD ear ringing/head ringing/head pressure lasting for 14 months now.

24 months SSRI-free  

Amazing your still working. Amazing xx

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

Amazing your still working. Amazing xx

I was thinking the same thing,  You are a very strong person, N.  Praying for you. 

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

3/15/16  Doxepin 49mg Micro Tapering  Zoloft 24.3mg Holding taper

3/15/16 Clonidine mg 0.1 1/2 -    Decreasing incrementally.  DISCONTINUED

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

11/16/16 Doxepin 48mg  Zoloft 24.3mg  Clonidine 1.30mg

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

01/13/19  Doxepin 45mg   Zoloft 21mg   Will start Micro taper of Doxepin 2/19

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

26 Apr 2022 - Zoloft at -0-

SelmaLady, LoveandLight,

Thank you both! I don't know myself how I actually manage to hold down my job, sometimes I wonder if I will be able to do so in the long run, if things get worse or stay like this for a long time. I used to have a quite intelectually challeging job before, that would have been impossible to maintain in this state. The job I currently hold down is less challenging academically but it forces me to maintian some kind of rythm in my life, some kind of social interaction. But it's gruesome when I don't sleep, my concentration is very bad and I have become extremely forgetful and have to write everything down. I cry atleast a few times in the toilets during the day but somehow I have still managed. But that's all I can do. Getting to work and back home is about as much as i can handle.

Praying for you, too.

There is a quote that says, "you don't know what it means to be strong until the only choice you have is to remain strong", or something along those lines. I used to think that I knew what it ment before...boy was I wrong about that. I think though, that it fully applies to our situation of psych drug withdrawal, if anything. it's merely a question of survival at this point.

Dear Lord I feel so incredibly sick . I have been severly depressed for the last week and since a few days the zaps, tremors, spasms, jerks, dizziness, eye floaters, migraine, blurred vusion, unable to focus the eyes on something etc etc are getting to me on a whole new level.

I have not left my bed this weekend, feeling as if i have bad flu. And my contracted tounge is KILLING me, it's so painful i cannot describe it.

I have intrusive thoughts about suicide and just feel so damaged beyond repair. Every second is just pure hell on earth. I feel intoxicated, electrical and so ill.

Where to find strenght to continue?

Praying, Nathalou, that God will give you the strength to carry on. So sorry you're having such a rough time. This is all so unfair!

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Thanks luv, praying for you too.

Nathalou, hugging you close. This is so so so hard. Breathe.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

I take magnesium and a supplement called Lactium. It doesn't do much for the akathisia anxiety, but adds a little grogginess to the mix. Not much of a tradeoff. More like a veil over the rest of the sh*t.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Pug thank you!

My boyfriend just told me he thinks I need the meds, it just broke my heart in a million pieces.

This toung situation is driving me mad. I feel so dark, so sad, so beyond repair.

Family and friends can't possibly know how we feel, unless they've been through this hell themselves. They just want to "fix" it. Most of us wonder if we really need meds to be normal, especially while in the midst of WD. Hang in there, sweetheart. We'll get to the other side. Hugs.

Yes, they see us suffer and want yet another "quick fix" another sweet pink pill to make it all go away. If only there were such a pill...

Yes, they see us suffer and want yet another "quick fix" another sweet pink pill to make it all go away. If only there were such a pill...

Update; my suicidal ideation have been severe and dangerous lately and almost have gotten to the point of auto mutilation bcs of the acathisie.

My new psychiatrist wants me to go to a specialised clinic in the countryside, with a dr who helps with withdrawals and to keep me safe from my dark thoughts. Might actually consider this an option, tell myself i'm lucky to have this in my country, drug free hospitalisatin with proffessionnals that understand.

Think i will also take a break from SA for a little while, some stories just freak me out and add extra stress to my life.

Understand, Nathalou--take care. I try not to read too much on here. It ramps my akathisia up as well... Ramped up akathisia = increased suicide ideation.

Sorry Nathalou it's so hard..I hope you find a little healing x

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Nathalou - 

I know you are "taking a break."  You are so fortunate to find a Healy affiliated doctor to work with you!

A clinic would be awesome, I didn't know that such drug free withdrawal clinics existed (except for street drug detox centers).  I'm hoping you took the chance to check into the clinic.

All of your symptoms, as ClearDay said - are "normal".  As "normal" as they can be with these drugs.  (and without them, too!)  You got hit with another heavy wave, after a nice clear window.  This is a normal pattern.  The windows will be back.

I hope you stop in and say hi, and let us know how it's going.  I also look forward to seeing you published in Rxisk.  That's a great resource - if I could pin my symptoms down to one drug, instead of a lifetime, and combinations, I would contribute, too.

Be kind to yourself!

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Thanks you guys, you are awesome!

JanCarol; yes I suppose I am lucky in the circumstance, but ultimately we are fighting this battle alone, noone can take away the symptoms nor predict the speed of recovery.

It's actually not withdrawal clinic per se but my psychiatrist knows the head psychiatrist who us quite skternative, too, and has saud; no drugs for nathalou! She just needs to rest and be taken care of. I will be going on monday.

Yes, be on the lookout fir my testimony on Rxisk; I have written under the pseudonyme Anna. According to healy it should be up in about 2-3 weeks, maybe sooner.

Take care guys. X

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone!

it's been a year since I posted in this thread. I wanted to come back and post an update. I am currently 20 months off Sertraline. When i last posted, i was in acute, severe withdrawal. I have been experiencing the waves and Windows pattern and I can say that first now, at 20 months off, do I feel improvements so that I am confident enough to post it. it's taken me 20 months to be able to say so and I still have a lot of Healing to do BUT, it gets better... for sure.

Anxiety; has gone down dramatically. I used to Wake at 3-4 am with adrenaline gushing through my body reletlessly. Insomnia has improved greatly, I can sleep 6-8 hours without problem. I have the occasional sleepless night, but nothing like it was in the beginning where i would go months and months with 2-5hours.

what i still experience; inner tremor although it's getting better, eye floaters (i don't think they'll ever go away but i've learnt to live with it), rigid tounge (i think it's there to stay aswell but i've gotten used to it, too), muscle twitches but they have improved, the occasional brain zap, occasional vertigo, i get bouts of chemical, suicidal depressive states that last for a couple of days (waves) but it's not constant as it was the first 18 months. I'd say psychologically i am much better, i cope alot better but physically there are still issues but i am thinking another 18 months and I will be doing much better.

It's a slow process and I have accepted it, my nervous system is really fragile but i see eviedence of Healing. My life is not a noghtmare anymore as in the beginning. I work full time, enjoy a social life, can drink coffee again without having severe anxiety, etc.

I havn't taken any suppléments and have just let my body heal on it's own terms.

Hang in there. It does get better. Albeit slowly but it does.

<3

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you so much Nathalou for thinking of us here and writing such a positive update. It so great how much you have recovered so far. Wishing you a lot more recovery.

You wrote about that clinic where you were supposed to go. Can you say a bit more about it and how things went there? It seems almost unreal that a place where one woulod be allowed to recover at one's own pace and not be forced on drugs exists...

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Nathalou, I've added our cheerful, "Here Comes the Sun" symbol ☼

to your thread title to honor the amazing progress that you've made!

Do you have a link to your Rxisk testimony?

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

So encouraging to read this Nathalou..... May your recovery continue apace and it would be wonderful if you kept posting.

These messages of recovery are so welcome.

All The Very Best to You.

Bruin

Anti Depressants for  25 years. Valium between 2006 to 7 tapered off over a month without too bad withdrawals.

For last 15 years 150 mg of Effexor and 30 mg of Mirtazapine. Occasional short term benzo use without habituation.

March 2015 stopped Effexor after rapid taper. 6 weeks. 

One month fluoxetine June 2015...stopped CT July 2015.

October 2013 to December 2015 Zopiclone 15 mg at night,

Dec 2015 to Early March 2016 Lyrica 75 mg at night. 

Stopped too quickly as  adverse side effects.

January to May 2016 tapered Zopiclone to 7.5mg 

Crossed over to Valium and now ..March 28th 2017 Benzo Free.

Also on 30 mg Mirtazapine and holding until have finished Benzo taper.

IN protracted WD from Effexor.

• Administrator

So good to see this. Thank you for coming back to tell us.

When the time comes you can look back on this, please post a summary in our Success Stories forum.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hello everyone!

it's been a year since I posted in this thread. I wanted to come back and post an update. I am currently 20 months off Sertraline. When i last posted, i was in acute, severe withdrawal. I have been experiencing the waves and Windows pattern and I can say that first now, at 20 months off, do I feel improvements so that I am confident enough to post it. it's taken me 20 months to be able to say so and I still have a lot of Healing to do BUT, it gets better... for sure.

Anxiety; has gone down dramatically. I used to Wake at 3-4 am with adrenaline gushing through my body reletlessly. Insomnia has improved greatly, I can sleep 6-8 hours without problem. I have the occasional sleepless night, but nothing like it was in the beginning where i would go months and months with 2-5hours.

what i still experience; inner tremor although it's getting better, eye floaters (i don't think they'll ever go away but i've learnt to live with it), rigid tounge (i think it's there to stay aswell but i've gotten used to it, too), muscle twitches but they have improved, the occasional brain zap, occasional vertigo, i get bouts of chemical, suicidal depressive states that last for a couple of days (waves) but it's not constant as it was the first 18 months. I'd say psychologically i am much better, i cope alot better but physically there are still issues but i am thinking another 18 months and I will be doing much better.

It's a slow process and I have accepted it, my nervous system is really fragile but i see eviedence of Healing. My life is not a noghtmare anymore as in the beginning. I work full time, enjoy a social life, can drink coffee again without having severe anxiety, etc.

I havn't taken any suppléments and have just let my body heal on it's own terms.

Hang in there. It does get better. Albeit slowly but it does.

<3

Hi, how long were you off meds before you were able to get 6 hours of sleep every night?

• 1992-Feb. 2016- Took almost every antidepressant on the market. Cold turkeyed most of the medications I took.

Stopped taking Paxil February 8 2016. I tapered the dose from 50 mg to 0 over the course of about 10 weeks

On no medications as of Feb. 8, 2016

As of 10/23/16-Still unable to sleep more than 4 to 5 hours a night, sometimes less

My rxisk story;

http://rxisk.org/withdrawal-from-sertraline/

(Posted at 5 months off and under pseudonyme).

I'm happy to say that i am now active in constructing alternatives to psychiatry. I habe met both Laura Delano of recoveringfrompsychiatry.com and Robert Whitaker (author of "Anatomy of an epidemic" - a highly recommended read for anyone who is on or knows a lived one who is on psych drugs).

I'd estimate i am 65% healed. So still a way to go but at least i see evidence of it.

Nathalou, I read your story both here and at Rxisk. It's so heartbreaking what this drug did to you - and so many others. I can recognize so many of your symptoms, I have them in milder form while tapering.

I am so happy you feel that you have healed 65 %. You will continue to heal. I wish you all the best!

Hugs!

Amy

Current dose: 0! Free!  Quit June 2017.

2017: Last dose zoloft: 17 June 0,00065 mg 18 May 0, 001 mg 14 May 0,002 mg 9 May 0,003 mg 28 April 0,006 mg 19 April 0,009 mg 8 April 0,013 mg 25 March 0,019 mg 22 March 0,039 mg 18 March 0,052 mg 16 March 0,079 mg 4 March 0,086 1 March 0,099 mg 22 February 0,11 mg 15 February 0,13 mg 6 February 0,145 mg 24 January 0,15 mg 19 January 0,19 mg 10 January 0,20 mg 3 January

2016: 0,98 to 0,22 mg; 2015: 2,35 to 1,01 mg; 2014: 4,9 to 2,5 mg; 2013: 9,1 to 5,1 mg; 2012: 15,7 to 9,7 mg; 2011: Started on 25 mg - then 50 mg- dropped to 25- to 12.5 mg - back to 25 mg - after 18.75 mg started tiny tapering to 16.6 mg

Started on 25 mg Zoloft in March 2011 due to stressrelated tinnitus that gave me panicattacks. Had a terrible reaction to Zoloft from start, but was told to "hold on". After four months I was stuck. Therefore the long taper. Crazy, I know... Super sensitive to drops and have dropped by 4-6 % from the previous dose.

What an awesome update! Thank you so much for coming back to encourage others and show that it does get better. So happy for you and best wishes for your continued healing.

a.k.a JMarie

Paxil since Mar.1998

2006-2007:40-20mg
2009: 20mg to 14mg 2010: 14mg to 10.5mg 2011: 10.5 to 7.6mg  2012: 7.5 to 6.8mg

2013: 6.7-6.3mg 2014: 6.2mg-5.8mg 2015: 5.7 to 5.15mg 2016: 5.1-4.6mg

1/19/17: 4.5mg 3/17/17: 4.4mg

6/15/17: 4.35mg 8/10/17: 4.3mg

1/29/18: 4.1mg 5/07/18: 4.0mg

7/31/18: 3.9mg

• 1 year later...

How are you doing now Nathalou? It’s been 19 months since your last update :)

Zoloft 50 mg from April 23, 2015 to August 28th, 2016 (1 year, 4 months).

4 week taper. Last dose on August 28, 2016

Mianserin 30 mg in an attempt to reverse PSSD from September 6th, 2017–around mid November 2017 after a few week taper. Did not fix PSSD

Currently taking: Melatonin and magnesium every night.

• 9 months later...

How are you doing Nathalou? We would love to hear from you.

EffexorXR 150mg - on and off since 2003-2004

Last Taper August 2018 - October 2018

Reinstatement of EffexorXR - December 2018

Started mirtazapine 15mg - December 2018 - dose increased to 30mg, now down to 22.5mg

Hydroxyzine - December 2018 - 25mg, as needed

EffexorXR - 75mg