If you find useful information here, your gift would help keep this site going. Our staff is entirely volunteer.

Photo

baroquep: Pristiq Taper Help - Advice Needed

introductions and udates tapering support desvenlafaxine Pristiq Pristiq to Effexor bridge

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#181 ChessieCat

ChessieCat

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,822 posts
  • LocationSydney Australia

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:06 PM

The calculations I made were based on you reducing from 50mg Pristiq, not the 75mg Effexor.  Remember that we think it should have been 100mg Effexor for 50mg Pristiq.

The problems you are having now may be delayed withdrawal symptoms from your change over to 75mg and going too quickly at the end of last year after you changed to Effexor.

Please re-read my previous post.

Podcasts:    Let's Talk Withdrawal

Antidepressants:  25 years - 1 unknown, Prozac (caused muscle weakness), Zoloft; Cipramil CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks soon after)

Pristiq:  50mg mid 2012, 100mg beg 2014 (mild Serotonin Toxicity)     Current:  Pristiq 28mg (from 3 March 17)

Tapering history & graph

My website - includes my brief history + links to videos & information on the web

I've still got a way to go ... but I've already come a long way!!!

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.

#182 ChessieCat

ChessieCat

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,822 posts
  • LocationSydney Australia

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:07 PM

I'm not sure if you have seen these but I suggest you check them out before you see the doctor:

How do you talk to a doctor about tapering and withdrawal?

What should I expect from my doctor about withdrawal symptoms?

Podcasts:    Let's Talk Withdrawal

Antidepressants:  25 years - 1 unknown, Prozac (caused muscle weakness), Zoloft; Cipramil CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks soon after)

Pristiq:  50mg mid 2012, 100mg beg 2014 (mild Serotonin Toxicity)     Current:  Pristiq 28mg (from 3 March 17)

Tapering history & graph

My website - includes my brief history + links to videos & information on the web

I've still got a way to go ... but I've already come a long way!!!

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: introductions and udates, tapering, support, desvenlafaxine, Pristiq, Pristiq to Effexor bridge