SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

JustWantToBeFree - Protracted Prozac Withdrawal

justwanttobefree

Oh, some people react badly to ciprofloaxin, read Aeroman's recent post. I am sorry you are suffering, please hang in there. I will pray that will feel some relief soon. <<<HUGS>>>

2005-2009, Lexapro 10 - 20 mg, CT WD w/severe depression and anxiety:  2010-2015, Paxil, 30 - 40 mg, tapered off at 10 mg/week, moderate anxiety and depression:  2010-2015, Clonozapam 0.25 mg, as needed for anxiety and sleep:  1/10/2015, Zoloft 25 mg, tried to increase to 50 and 75, but nausea and dizziness:  2/13/2015, Paxil 5 mg, added back after 2 weeks at zero to reduce WD:  2/28/2015, Paxil 10 mg, increased from 5 mg to reduce WD, HOLDING:  3/04/2015, Zoloft discontinued (reduced to ~12.5 mg on 2/19, ~6.25 mg on 2/26, then zero):  4/26/2015, Paxil starting 10% taper (no scale so was inadvertently at 20% taper, yikes!):  4/30/2015, Paxil 10 mg, reinstated (WD disappeared between August 2015 and May 2016)

5/02/2016, Started 10% taper, reinstated to 10 mg on 5/11/16:  4/29/2017, Last dose of Paxil (working with holistic psychiatrist, lots of supplements to aid WD):  Primary symptoms: apathy, demotivation, anhedonia, fatigue, stress intolerance, moderate social anxiety

7/1/2018 Finally feeling like myself again, success!!! Praise God! Even with the stress of relocating recently, I am feeling pretty good most of the time now. Granted, I eat healthy, I exercise, I don't drink caffeine or alcohol and I try hard find a healthy balance of quiet and social times. Hang in there and keep the faith, you can do it too!

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• justwanttobefree

• Pugknows

• shelby

• Laura1981

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you guys ❤️ doing a little better, I have almost no physical side effects now just the unrelenting depression / self doubt / intrusive harm thoughts / anxiety. I could handle it all if my mood could just lift a few notches ???? Is severe rebound depression normal 5 months into withdrawal? Will it ever lift or do I just have real depression now?

Diagnosed: Pure O Ocd, Severe Anxiety Disorder NOS, PMDD

November 2009 - May 2013- CIPRALEX 20mg

C/T off 20mg Cipralex

Went into dark depression (never experienced before med)

September 2013 - March 2014- PROZAC 20mg

Weaned down to 10mg and held

October 1st 2014 C/T off 10mg Prozac

Protracted withdrawal - 8 months of the most horrific suffering imaginable

June 1st 2015 - ZOLOFT 25mg

June 26th 2015 - Dose increase to 50mg of Zoloft (taken at night after dinner). Slowly improving but still have severe OCD/ruminating, intense DP/DR, and brain fog. Just trying to stabilize at this point.

I have every single symptom that you have, justwanttobefree... I just found this site today and am struggling to type/read due to the shakiness and vision problems. Do you ever have that? Like even  reading posts and/or typing is painful, nearly impossible? 

Diagnosis: Anxiety, Situational Depression 

March 2016: So debilitated that had to leave my home/job/life to move in with my parents. Hopeless. 

July 2015: Reinstated 2.5mg to 5mg Prozac - Got worse so stopped the reinstated Prozac

Middle of February 2015: Prozac 20mg every other day for one week and discontinued on February 18th or 19th 

Beg of February 2015: Stopped Pristiq, continued on 20mg Prozac for 2 weeks 

End of January 2015: Use Prozac to wean off of Pristiq (Added 20mg of Prozac to the 50mg Pristiq - took both for 1 week)

January 2015: Decide to stop Pristiq due to negative side effects 

Beg of November 2014: Switch from Zoloft to Pristiq 50mg

August 2014: Reinstate Zoloft 100mg

March-June 2014: Weaned off of Zoloft 100mg 

January 2012: Begin Zoloft 100mg (6 month period at the end of 2012 where I discontinued the Zoloft - reinstated for situational depression) 

2008-May 2011: Cymbalta and Topamax for Migraines -- May 2011: Weaned off of Cymbalta and Topamax

I absolutely do Jaclyn, I'm sorry you are going through this ****. It's incredible how horrible it is. When was your last pill and what were you on? My body and hands shake so bad I can barely hold a glass of water :( and my vision is so blurred and so sensitive to light I can totally relate to reading and typing posts. I can barely articulate my thoughts enough to write them down and then 20 minutes later I forgot that I even wrote anything ????

C/T off 20mg Cipralex

June 26th 2015 - Dose increase to 50mg of Zoloft (taken at night after dinner). Slowly improving but still have severe OCD/ruminating, intense DP/DR, and brain fog. Just trying to stabilize at this point.

I hate this ????

C/T off 20mg Cipralex

Me too. Just can't stop crying at the idea of having this for any longer... My last pill (Prozac) was 15 days ago. The psychiatrist says he has no idea what could be causing this, as I "should be better" or at least almost there. It is the opposite. Now I just feel like a motivated/emotionally able person (the Meds were clearly exacerbating the depression) trapped in a cripple's body. What do I/we do?

Diagnosis: Anxiety, Situational Depression 

March 2016: So debilitated that had to leave my home/job/life to move in with my parents. Hopeless. 

July 2015: Reinstated 2.5mg to 5mg Prozac - Got worse so stopped the reinstated Prozac

Middle of February 2015: Prozac 20mg every other day for one week and discontinued on February 18th or 19th 

Beg of February 2015: Stopped Pristiq, continued on 20mg Prozac for 2 weeks 

End of January 2015: Use Prozac to wean off of Pristiq (Added 20mg of Prozac to the 50mg Pristiq - took both for 1 week)

January 2015: Decide to stop Pristiq due to negative side effects 

Beg of November 2014: Switch from Zoloft to Pristiq 50mg

August 2014: Reinstate Zoloft 100mg

March-June 2014: Weaned off of Zoloft 100mg 

January 2012: Begin Zoloft 100mg (6 month period at the end of 2012 where I discontinued the Zoloft - reinstated for situational depression) 

2008-May 2011: Cymbalta and Topamax for Migraines -- May 2011: Weaned off of Cymbalta and Topamax

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Just.

Thank you guys ❤ doing a little better, I have almost no physical side effects now just the unrelenting depression / self doubt / intrusive harm thoughts / anxiety. I could handle it all if my mood could just lift a few notches Is severe rebound depression normal 5 months into withdrawal? Will it ever lift or do I just have real depression now?

Yes, severe depression and increase in severity in symptoms is common 5 months out. In 2012 before I knew about withdrawal it took 4 months from my last capsule for withdrawal symptoms to really even start. I thought everything you are thinking now, but thought it was horrid, unrelenting anxiety plaguing me. I reinstated because of that. Had I known what I know now I would have done things differently, like reinstating at a much lower dose. But I'm here now, even after a difficult time in the fall I'm stable again and i've begun to taper again. Reinstatement can be a crapshoot, it works for some, not for others. I was apparently lucky it worked 5 months out. I also had to take a couple of steps back in the fall, but as I said, I'm moving forward again.

Withdrawal from these drugs can horrible. There isn't anything like it and it's so difficult to describe.

Unfortunately many doctors don't know much if anything about withdrawal, and those that know a little tend to believe that withdrawal from Prozac is easier and shorter because of its longer half-life. This is not the case. Granted, it may be better than some of the others, but that doesn't mean it's easy. It's not. Doctors often end up Mis diagnosing people in withdrawal with depression, anxiety, bipolar... Because they simply don't know.

I saw that you were fearful of trying supplements and even yoga... I've just started guided meditation using an APP. I haven't experienced bad withdrawal symptoms at all, I doing more as a preventative. You can start with 5 minutes and work up from there. It is highly unlikely that it would cause symptoms to worsen as meditation is known to calm the nervous system. Worst case scenario is that you might just find it boring.

1988-2012: Prozac @ 60mg (with a few stops and starts)

Fall 2012: Returned to 40mg after discontinuing and horrid withdrawal 

Fall 2013: 40mg Fluoxetine, added 150mg Wellbutrin to treat fatigue 

Winter 2014: Attempting to taper both (too fast)

April 2014: 9mg Fluoxetine + 37.5 Wellbutrin 

Summer 2014: 8 mg Fluoxetine + 0 Wellbutrin (way too fast a drop)

Late summer/Early Fall 2014: Debilitating Withdrawal symptoms 

Fall 2014 - Wellbutrin successfully kicked to the curb but…

Oct- Dec 2014: Panicked reinstatement of Fluoxetine ->30mg - held for 5yrs

Jan 2021: taper to 20mg Fluoxetine  then tapering by 1mg every 2-3 months

Fall 2022 - held at 10mg->December 2022: 9mg->Feb 2023: 8mg ->March 2023: brassmonkey slide begins: 7.8mg -> 7.6 -> 7.4->2 week hold (April)->7.2->7mg->6.8->2 week hold->6.6-> 1-month hold ->(June)-6.5->4-week hold-> (July)-6.4 (discontinued brassmonkey slide and slowed taper)-> (Aug)-6.2->(Sept)-6.0->(Oct)-5.9->(Nov)-5.8->(Dec)-5.7->wave!->(Jan)-5.8->(Feb)-6mg and holding.

My 2014 withdrawal experience: https://rxisk.org/antidepressant-withdrawal-a-prozac-story/

Addax I really appreciate your reply. I'm getting there weird changes of mood now like normally im steadily depressed all day but in the last 2 days I've had 2 bursts about 45 minutes each where I was in a great mood. Physical symptoms and brain fog were still present but the fear and darkness lifted briefly. Someone please tell me this is a good sign? I'm still going through periods where my whole body shakes like a seizure, extreme derealization, and bad headaches by mid afternoon ???? but these little lifts in mood have given me hope ❤️

C/T off 20mg Cipralex

Hey there. When I first got to this site, barely anyone spoke to me, except the mods. I think it just takes a while. I'm really too ill to give you much hope or advice, but I just wanted to stop by for some support. :)

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

FYI - My WD symptoms hit hard out of nowhere 4 months after cold turkeying Prozac. 

They were severe for two months, during months 5 and 6 after stopping.

Then I woke up one morning, and the severity lifted, and life became more tolerable. I remember that morning. What a relief.

The symptoms persisted after that, but at less intensity.

That's just what happened to me.

Hell hath no fury as an SSRI scorned.....

Prozac:   20 mg 1996 – May 2003 CT to 0 mg; by Aug 03 CRASH then protracted WD 3 yrs

Zoloft:    2004 few weeks;, CT to 0 mg

Effexor:  2005 few months CT to 0 mg; bad withdrawal. 

Lexapro:  10 mg from 2009 – 2011; cut dose in half to:

Lexapro:    5 mg from 2011 – Feb. 2014; CT to 0 mg; 2 months of fatigue, followed by:
Aug - Oct 2014 Lexapro WD Insomnia Wave; sleeping very good from Nov 2014 - Nov 2015; broken sleep pattern Dec 2015 - Jan 2016

Dec 2014 - present: Brutal Lexapro WD ear ringing/head ringing/head pressure lasting for 14 months now.

24 months SSRI-free  

Wow. Bless you, Clearday, for posting this. It gives me hope. I need hope more than anything now. Thank you for this gift.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

((((Just)))) Hang in there, Hon. We're almost over the worst of it. Keep telling yourself you are one day further away from hell and one day closer to heaven. You can do this.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

wow Justwanttobefree. What a powerful thread. its difficult to read about your bad days. I cannot comment much because you are much farther along than I am. I know when I quit CT back in august of last year it was hell. I do understand the crippling effects that Prozac withdrawal can have. Thank you for sharing your journey. Much for me to learn here.

September 2013. Diagnosed depression/anxiety. Start Prozac 10mg and slowly increase to 40mg.

October 2013. Lorazepam 0.5mg prescribed for anxiety after complaining about nervous energy

November 2013. prescribed a sleeping pill (name?) for insomnia. took once. ineffective.

January to June 2014. psychiatrist agrees to lower dose to 15 mg due to side effects.

August 2014 first attempt to quit cold turkey Lasted August 1, 2014 until October 1, 2014

November 2014 second attempt to quit cold turkey lasted Novemember 4, 2014 until Jan 13, 2015

January 2015 3rd attempt to quit cold turkey lasted feb 3, 2015 until feb 23, 2015

March 5, 2015 4th attempt to quit cold turkey.

Thank you guys. My God am I suffering. This mental anguish is more than I can bear. This may be TMI but even when I was on medication I would get debulitating anxiety and ocd before that time of the month. Now I have that coupled with withdrawal. I can't stand this. I took 0.25mg of clonazepam this morning and am out of my mind sedated

C/T off 20mg Cipralex

Please be careful with the benzo. I've been down that road, it's not one you want to travel. Trust me.

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

I haven't taken 1 in weeks and have never had a dependency, but the panic was so powerful today I had to take 1. Now I feel soo sedated it's causing me to be even more anxious !

C/T off 20mg Cipralex

I had the same experience with a benzo..made me more anxious at the time and totally sedated the next day..

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

Who is that on your avatar btw?

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

It's me loveandlight ???? Was taken at my wedding September 6th, 2014!

C/T off 20mg Cipralex

Aww so pretty!

I haven't taken 1 in weeks and have never had a dependency, but the panic was so powerful today I had to take 1. Now I feel soo sedated it's causing me to be even more anxious !

Ok, good to hear. You can get away with one or two a week, just be careful. :)

I had the same experience with a benzo..made me more anxious at the time and totally sedated the next day..

That's the lovely rebound effect of benzos. I have a whole thread over in the benzo section here about the bloody Ativan. I spent Christmas in a mania thanks to it, walking around in those blue blocker glasses, rambling about how I felt like I could defy gravity. Happy Holidays. Fun times. I have PTSD from my own behavior.

It's me loveandlight ???? Was taken at my wedding September 6th, 2014!

beautiful lady! I haven't stopped by your thread up until now...keep going....the depression will lift and you will be yourself again. It just takes so much time. Thanks for your words of encouragement on my thread. Sometimes I am that bad I miss posts but I do appreciate your kind words.

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

So sorry you feel so poorly. I understand although most of my symptoms are physical. I do read your thread but I don't always respond if I am feeling horribly. Sorry for that. I hope your symptoms ease soon.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

You guys are all so sweet ❤️ It lifts my spirits so much when I see what you've written on my thread!! Doing pretty well so far today, my dad came to visit and he has always been my safe person. I find I don't dwell on my pain so much when I'm distracted which makes me question how much of this is my faulty thinking habits that I've had all of my life. When I'm alone all I can do is think of the darkest scariest catastrophic thoughts possible ???? there is always the unspoken question in my mind if this will be the day that my mind snaps or that the mental torture becomes so unbearable that I have to be rushed to the hospital and medicated for weeks until I can function. Why can't the f*<king doctors recognize WD?! It infuriates me we are all here struggling, some for years, some taking their lives, and they won't even RECOGNIZE it ????

C/T off 20mg Cipralex

I've also been thinking. I understand and agree wholeheartedly that SSRI's are poison, but I do believe they did the job they were supposed to do in my case. Before I went on Cipralex I was having racing thoughts upon waking, severe anxiety, and constant intrusive thoughts of killing loved ones. It was horrific. These symptoms are back now, about 60% of what they were. My question is, it's not like every single person on SA is going to be 100% cured from their original reason for getting on these meds. Some of what they're feeling could in fact be relapse could it not? How do I know that im not just feeling a return of my original symptoms? At what point do I throw in the towel and stop fighting this war if I truly do need medication?

So lost.

C/T off 20mg Cipralex

(((((Just))))) Whether you decide to stay on medication is truly your decision. Only you live inside your body and mind. I was not put on psyche drugs for mental distress. I was in terrible back pain from a very physical condition. I have never experienced what I am currently going through as a result of WD. So my situation is quite different. It could be that you will live a better quality of life with the help of medication. Whatever you decide, I trust you'll do what's best for your health and your family.

You also need to keep in mind that your nerves are highly sensitized now. Another AD, or reinstating Prozac, could make you worse at 5 months off. Further destabilizing your nerves is always a risk. The mods on this site might have some suggestions. You're in a tough spot. Your family does not necessarily support you in being med free. They hate seeing you suffer and they believe you are doing this to yourself. They don't understand and they are pushing you to put yourself in stressful situations, then have the ability to "talk yourself out" of the way you are feeling. No wonder you feel lost and miserable and confused. Take a deep breath. Several deep breaths. Make a decision that you think is best for YOU and stick with it. Love you. Xoxo

Thank you pug. Can a mod please help ?!??

C/T off 20mg Cipralex

This depression is unbelieable. Please God im begging someone please tell me I can get through this

C/T off 20mg Cipralex

You can get through this Just. Hold on! A lot of us are being hit hard right now.

Why pug? What did we do in this god foresaken life to deserve this anguish? I am being tortured every waking second, there is no light and no hope. My marriage is deteriorating rapidly because I cant feel an ounce of love or affection for my husband. It is like he is a stranger. I resent every word he says. No one can touch this agony.

C/T off 20mg Cipralex

Until a moderator comes along, I'll try to keep the discussion going -

MammaP said earlier on your thread:

"You may be able to reinstate a tiny amount of prozac if you wish, as time goes by there is less chance of it working but some have successfully reinstated a few months off. A tiny dose of 1mg may help without the awful side effects, Side effects are dose related and can be much better at low doses.  Prozac is available in a liquid which makes it easy to use for those low doses.. No one EVER wants to reinstate but it is the only way to lessen withdrawal. When stable you could then start a slow taper. 

Here is the topic on reinstating. 

http://survivinganti...rawal-symptoms/

Tapering prozac  http://survivinganti...zac-fluoxetine/ "

It's difficult to separate withdrawal symptoms from your old self coming through.

You are going through the most difficult part of withdrawal. It could subside and become tolerable within a few weeks, or a month or two.

But if it is intolerable, then the reinstatement advice might be an option. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't.

When you are in hell, keep going. Just keep breathing, and do what you have to do to get through this.

You have better days ahead, it is just hard to see it when you're in the black hole. 

Hell hath no fury as an SSRI scorned.....

Prozac:   20 mg 1996 – May 2003 CT to 0 mg; by Aug 03 CRASH then protracted WD 3 yrs

Zoloft:    2004 few weeks;, CT to 0 mg

Effexor:  2005 few months CT to 0 mg; bad withdrawal. 

Lexapro:  10 mg from 2009 – 2011; cut dose in half to:

Lexapro:    5 mg from 2011 – Feb. 2014; CT to 0 mg; 2 months of fatigue, followed by:
Aug - Oct 2014 Lexapro WD Insomnia Wave; sleeping very good from Nov 2014 - Nov 2015; broken sleep pattern Dec 2015 - Jan 2016

Dec 2014 - present: Brutal Lexapro WD ear ringing/head ringing/head pressure lasting for 14 months now.

24 months SSRI-free  

Thanks so much clearday. I am terrified of RI prozac this far into my WD because it was hell for me to get on it. I am seriously on the edge, I can't take this getting a single bit worse. Not one single bit. I am so terrified of having to go back on meds and suffer even longer or even worse, what if I have treatment resistant depression for good now!? Please God im begging I can't stand this please please please I am so scared my whole life is terrifying now no one can comfort me god PLEASE somebody I need help so badly I can't stand it

C/T off 20mg Cipralex

Hi justwanttobefree. Just dropping in on you. Sounds like you're in a really dark place. Many of us have been there.

To me it feels like being in a dark tunnel. I don't know how long  it is .All I know is I must keep

plodding forward one day at a time. Then one day I finally see a glimmer of light ahead and I'll know make it.

Good you have the people on this forum supporting you. You will make it out of the tunnel. 

On 20 mg of Prozac for about ten years. Sept 2012 started reducing 10% a drop using gram scale, with average of one month holds.

When I'd reached the half way mark, taking 10 mg  powder out of the 20 mg capsules, I switched over to 10 mg capsules and cutting

down from those. Withdrawals got harder the lower I dropped.  May 2013 changed to 5% drops, holding until all withdrawal symptoms gone.

January 2015 changed to liquid prozac (concentration of 20MG per 5 mL) using a 1mL oral syringe.

Current dose of fluoxetine solution equivalent 3.4 mg. Any effort to drop below this has been disastrous so for the time being I'm staying at this level.
Adding 200 mg Tryptophan and 200 GABA a day has helped with anxiety.
Also take 1,300mg Omega- 3,  875mg  Magnesium, 1800mg Curcumin, 1000mg Vit C, 5000 Vit D.

((((Just)))) You're going to be okay. You are far away from home in a hotel room by yourself for your second week of training for your new job. Look at all the outside stressors. Anyone NOT going through WD would be stressed!

You don't have to decide anything right now. Just get through the training and get home safely.

How was your visit with your dad and hubby? That was nice of them to fly and drive all that way to be with you.