JustWantToBeFree - Protracted Prozac Withdrawal

justwanttobefree

Hope your ok xx

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• justwanttobefree

• Pugknows

• shelby

• Laura1981

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing a little better today ???? waking up without soul crushing depression and anxiety is a good start! Thinking of all of you, here is to a good day for all of us ????

Diagnosed: Pure O Ocd, Severe Anxiety Disorder NOS, PMDD

November 2009 - May 2013- CIPRALEX 20mg

C/T off 20mg Cipralex

Went into dark depression (never experienced before med)

September 2013 - March 2014- PROZAC 20mg

Weaned down to 10mg and held

October 1st 2014 C/T off 10mg Prozac

Protracted withdrawal - 8 months of the most horrific suffering imaginable

June 1st 2015 - ZOLOFT 25mg

June 26th 2015 - Dose increase to 50mg of Zoloft (taken at night after dinner). Slowly improving but still have severe OCD/ruminating, intense DP/DR, and brain fog. Just trying to stabilize at this point.

((((Just)))) Good for you! One foot in front of the other. Today will be a great day for you!

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Brilliant x

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Ugh. Spoke too soon. The anxiety and depression are calm today but now i feel like I'm brain dead. Feel like I can't recognize anything around me. Can't focus when I talk to my family on the phone. Is my brain just tired? ????

C/T off 20mg Cipralex

June 26th 2015 - Dose increase to 50mg of Zoloft (taken at night after dinner). Slowly improving but still have severe OCD/ruminating, intense DP/DR, and brain fog. Just trying to stabilize at this point.

Sounds like brain fog. I spent a long time with brain fog during my protracted Prozac WD months, and others have the same.

IMO it is a way that the brain disconnects from all the WD instability, and is a coping mechanism.

My brain fog eventually went away for good, during later recovery. 

Hell hath no fury as an SSRI scorned.....

Prozac:   20 mg 1996 – May 2003 CT to 0 mg; by Aug 03 CRASH then protracted WD 3 yrs

Zoloft:    2004 few weeks;, CT to 0 mg

Effexor:  2005 few months CT to 0 mg; bad withdrawal. 

Lexapro:  10 mg from 2009 – 2011; cut dose in half to:

Lexapro:    5 mg from 2011 – Feb. 2014; CT to 0 mg; 2 months of fatigue, followed by:
Aug - Oct 2014 Lexapro WD Insomnia Wave; sleeping very good from Nov 2014 - Nov 2015; broken sleep pattern Dec 2015 - Jan 2016

Dec 2014 - present: Brutal Lexapro WD ear ringing/head ringing/head pressure lasting for 14 months now.

24 months SSRI-free  

Clearday bless you for the reply ❤️ It is a highly uncomfortable and disconcerting feeling ????

I just majorly shot myself in the foot. Discovered Tardive Dyphoria... I'm screwed. Never had depression in my life and now I have it every day ???? It is chronic and untreatable!!!! Please God. I can't live like this.

C/T off 20mg Cipralex

Yes I shoot myself in the foot too..I think if you've never had depression in your life, you will totally be ok xxxx

((((Just)))) We keep tripping over horror stories as we look for things to read about helping ourselves. Let's try to stay ignorant and give ourselves time to heal. It will happen. You don't have tardive dysphoria. You're in WD and all this will pass.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Okay love&light / pug, thank you guys for the reassurance ???? It is so terrifying to think that this state could last forever for me and it worries me that I don't have any other withdrawal symptoms, just severe depression, anxiety, intrusive thoughts, shakiness, lack of appetite and brain fog. We all just want to feel better so goddamn bad and then we get set back by these horror stories. I'm noticing that yesterday and today the depression is lighter for me for sure... Is this a window? Is it indicative of healing?

C/T off 20mg Cipralex

Definitely indicative of healing!

Love you pug. Again, I spoke too soon. Having intense brain zaps now for some reason and am super dizzy. How the hell is this happening 5.5 months out?

C/T off 20mg Cipralex

Ps can a moderate please please please weigh in?!?

C/T off 20mg Cipralex

((((Just)))) Hang in there, sweetheart. 5.5 months is still early in the game. Remember Prozac's long half life. You're young and healing faster than most people. You will get there soon. You're already having windows.

Having intense brain zaps now for some reason and am super dizzy. How the hell is this happening 5.5 months out?

Brain zaps can happen a year or so after cold turkey. 

I am off over 13 months and I get brain zaps occasionally. Others also report the same a year or so out.

Prozac:   20 mg 1996 – May 2003 CT to 0 mg; by Aug 03 CRASH then protracted WD 3 yrs

Lexapro:    5 mg from 2011 – Feb. 2014; CT to 0 mg; 2 months of fatigue, followed by:
Aug - Oct 2014 Lexapro WD Insomnia Wave; sleeping very good from Nov 2014 - Nov 2015; broken sleep pattern Dec 2015 - Jan 2016

Dec 2014 - present: Brutal Lexapro WD ear ringing/head ringing/head pressure lasting for 14 months now.

24 months SSRI-free  

Okay *deep breath* that's comforting, thanks Pug & Clearday ???? Im sorry for my miserable posts, I feel like they must be annoying to read. I'm just trying to navigate through this minefield of WD and I don't have a lot of support. I'm terrified 24/7 and when I develop a new symptom or read a bad outcome it triggers insane panic. This brain fog is by far my worst symptom now, it literally feels like I have brain damage as I said above. When I lay down with my eyes closed its just dead, there aren't anything thoughts present. Usually I have a very active mind so this is extremely disconcerting to me. I can't focus, I have to try very hard to interact with others as I just can't come up with responses. It feels like these horrible things have no end in sight.

C/T off 20mg Cipralex

Brain fog is horrible! But I don't think it's as obvious on the outside maybe as we think it is..are you still able to work? That is amazing!

This brain fog is by far my worst symptom now. It feels like these horrible things have no end in sight.

I was there. My brain fog persisted for quite some time.

But eventually it completely cleared up.

If you don't plan on reinstating, then it is best to look at each day as one day further away from SSRIs, and one day closer to recovery.

Withdrawal can be very persistent, but it is not permanent. Your brain just needs a lot of time to undo the changes made by using SSRIs.

We have learned to have profound patience as we let our brains do what they have to do to heal.

Forget about the horror stories, for you there is only one story - YOUR story.

If you want to think about stories, think about all the successful recovery stories.

Here is a quote from a successful recovery story on here. This person had persistent protracted withdrawal, but his patience paid off:

“The recovery was slow and painful, but I became conscious of every little improvement as it happened. I got used to the pattern: something would get better for a while, then suddenly everything would swing right back and all that recovery would vanish. But I learnt the trick - once something had recovered temporarily, it was only a matter of time before it recovered permanently. It made no difference if it came back for a while... it had already revealed its weakness, and sooner or later it was going to be gone for good. That was true in every single case.”

24 months SSRI-free  

I was 25 when I came off drugs and I now just turned 29. Things didn't start to REALLY get better for me until about a year and change. It was waves and windows until about mid 2014. So it took me about 3 years overall. However MOST people recover much faster then I did! Hang tight! You will feel better and get back to yourself. Your still in there somewhere. I promise

Thank you all for your comments ❤️ Honestly I think I'm healing. The brain fog sucks big time but I am able to push through it for the most part. The brain zaps have subsided to happening 2-3 times a day now which is bearable. My severely depressed state has lifted significantly these past few days like if it was a 9 out of 10 it's like a 4 now! Barely any anxiety either! Oh god thank you for hearing me beg for mercy and giving me some relief ❤️ I hope everyone has a strong day free of suffering today!

C/T off 20mg Cipralex

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi  justwant ,    I'm so pleased for you that the depression lifted a bit.   

I haven't read your whole thread yet , that will be tomorrow.   But I do want to let you know that it's not uncommon for w/d symptoms to continue to diversify and intensify

for many months.   Lots of people have found things get worse between 6 and 9 months out.  

I don't mean for this to be discouraging , but as you know , forewarned is forearmed.

Enjoy the window ,   Fresh

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Thanks Fresh. Question, has anyone noticed that during withdrawal their feelings for their partner have completely vanished? I feel so distant from my husband and can never feel ANY love for him even though my brain knows I love him. It distresses me immensely!

C/T off 20mg Cipralex

• Moderator Emeritus

The vanishing of feelings of love seems a relatively common complaint, both during withdrawal and as a side effect of ADs, and it's something I have experienced myself. Some people feel a lack of closeness or love not only towards spouses and significant others, but also for their children and even pets. I strongly believe it's a result of some interruption in the mechanism that causes us to secrete oxytocin, the hormone primarily responsible for feelings of love, warmth, and calm.

From what I've read and experienced these feelings return after a period of time, and likely follow the waxing and waning pattern like other withdrawal symptoms.

A thread in the relationship forum titled something like, " My marriage was destroyed by SSRIs/SNRIs" touches on this topic.

1988-2012: Prozac @ 60mg (with a few stops and starts)

Fall 2012: Returned to 40mg after discontinuing and horrid withdrawal 

Fall 2013: 40mg Fluoxetine, added 150mg Wellbutrin to treat fatigue 

Winter 2014: Attempting to taper both (too fast)

April 2014: 9mg Fluoxetine + 37.5 Wellbutrin 

Summer 2014: 8 mg Fluoxetine + 0 Wellbutrin (way too fast a drop)

Late summer/Early Fall 2014: Debilitating Withdrawal symptoms 

Fall 2014 - Wellbutrin successfully kicked to the curb but…

Oct- Dec 2014: Panicked reinstatement of Fluoxetine ->30mg - held for 5yrs

Jan 2021: taper to 20mg Fluoxetine  then tapering by 1mg every 2-3 months

Fall 2022 - held at 10mg->December 2022: 9mg->Feb 2023: 8mg ->March 2023: brassmonkey slide begins: 7.8mg -> 7.6 -> 7.4->2 week hold (April)->7.2->7mg->6.8->2 week hold->6.6-> 1-month hold ->(June)-6.5->4-week hold-> (July)-6.4 (discontinued brassmonkey slide and slowed taper)-> (Aug)-6.2->(Sept)-6.0->(Oct)-5.9->(Nov)-5.8->(Dec)-5.7->wave!->(Jan)-5.8->(Feb)-6mg and holding.

My 2014 withdrawal experience: https://rxisk.org/antidepressant-withdrawal-a-prozac-story/

jwtbf--was just reading through some of your thread. Sorry you are suffering so much. I am (almost) 8 months out from (basically) cold turkey off 100 mg. Zoloft I was put on 20 years ago for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I had never experienced anxiety or depression until withdrawal. I've had all the symptoms you have experienced, plus akathisia. Everything you are experiencing is definitely consistent with withdrawal. Things actually got worse for me at about 4 months out (for about 2 weeks), then a little better, and worse again at 6 months (for a month or more). I'm just now really coming off that, but things seem to have improved somewhat again. Where it will go from here is anyone's guess, but we WILL get better. Reinstatement was not an option for me. I did not know of the possibility until I was almost three months out, and by that time, my nervous system was too unstable to allow me to take ANYTHING other than the supplement regimen I had already been on for a couple of years, due to other health issues. Fortunately this regimen included krill oil and a minimal dosage of magnesium, which are both good in WD. Other than that, I can't even take a Vitamin C, or increase my dosage of magnesium. I do feel like I am improving though, little by little, even after 20 years on AD. Just wanted to encourage you that it will get better!

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

((((Just)))) When people post warnings that it may get worse in the future, well, it may NOT. Your journey is unique to you. You may well be over the hump of the worst of it. Look to your bright future. You have a great attitude, lots of compassion for others and a positive outlook. These things will make your present and future beautiful. Other people's experiences will not happen to you. If you should feel down or anxious sometimes, welcome to the human race. This process has made you strong enough to handle anything life throws at you.

Pug I cannot even tell you how much you help me. I am blessed to call such an amazing woman my friend. I love you ❤️ Thank you.

C/T off 20mg Cipralex

You're welcome, sweet friend. What I'm saying is all true. I think you're through the worst of it. Toast hubby with a bit of champagne tonight. Look at him adoringly through the bubbles. Men always look better in bubbles.

God this brain fog and weird tingling in my head is relentless. I'm now waking up in the middle of the night for hours with severe anxiety as well. This just flat out is no way to live. My mood is definitely still a bit lighter but it's just wave after wave of new symptoms. I've lost sight of all space and time because this feels like it's gone on for eternity and that it is going to continue for eternity.

C/T off 20mg Cipralex

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry to see that you are still suffering like this, but glad that you have had some small windows of relief. Recovery comes in windows and waves, you will get some times when things are much better, followed by waves of more symptoms. The waves are when you are healing and your nervous system is working hard to heal itself.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/82-the-windows-and-waves-pattern-of-recovery/

The windows will get longer and the waves will become less intense and shorter until eventually they will be ripples rather than waves. Hold on tight and ride those waves, we are all surfing those waves together and hanging on for dear life!  This will not last forever, it will pass and you will get your life back. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

You are sweet mammaP, I appreciate your reply ❤️ Lucky me, now I have full on insomnia. Slept a total of 1 hour last night and the night before ???? oh god how am I supposed to function and heal with no sleep?! & then I have the horrific brain fog and fatigue during the day ???????? why has this just developed now?!

C/T off 20mg Cipralex

So sorry jwtbf. Hang in there. It will get better!

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Dizziness, disorientation blurred vision so bad I can't see 5 feet in front of me, extreme depersonalization (husband is unrecognizable to me) dream like state, barely hanging on to reality by a thread, headache. My day today. I despise this existence.

C/T off 20mg Cipralex

(((JWTBF)))  I am so sorry that you're having such horrific symptoms.  I surely do know what they feel like and they are nearly impossible to live with.  You WILL recover from this in time, I know you know that.   If you can just continually remind yourself that is your brain's way of recovering, then today becomes a day of recovery and is very important to bringing you back to balance.   Am praying that you will come through this quickly. 

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

3/15/16  Doxepin 49mg Micro Tapering  Zoloft 24.3mg Holding taper

3/15/16 Clonidine mg 0.1 1/2 -    Decreasing incrementally.  DISCONTINUED

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

11/16/16 Doxepin 48mg  Zoloft 24.3mg  Clonidine 1.30mg

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

01/13/19  Doxepin 45mg   Zoloft 21mg   Will start Micro taper of Doxepin 2/19

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

26 Apr 2022 - Zoloft at -0-

Thank you so much SelmaLady, I hope your symptoms have lifted. I'm too weak to read now but I will check in on you later. I am dying. My brain is damaged and my soul is gone. I have no essence of who I am, my own husband and my brother-in-law are completely foreign to me. I have no way of feeling any human contact or connection. I feel worse off the medication then I did on it. Have I made a terrible mistake?

C/T off 20mg Cipralex

((((Just)))) You hang in there. You've come such a long way already. You've been hit hard by a wave, that's all. You'll get back on your feet and fight your way out of this. Accept it for what it is. Horrible....and TEMPORARY!

Remember how bad you felt when first getting on the Prozac? It's poison. You didn't make a mistake in getting off it. Soon you'll feel like a new person, sweetheart. You have to accept how you are feeling right now and keep calm. You can do this. So many of us seem to be suffering more than the usual "sh*tty." Waves and windows. You feel bad today, tomorrow will be better.