jthebrave: Protracted WD after 13 years on SSRI's HELP!

jthebrave

Hello all! It's been roughly a year since I was forced to stop taking SSRI's (after 13 years on them). I say "forced off" merely because my body could not tolerate them any longer. I was never on more than one drug at a time, but I tried just about every SSRI on the market with very little success (along with Wellbrutrin and others from different classes). The outrageously ironic thing of it all is that, for 13 years, I tolerated these drugs as if they were candy...barely feeling anything while on them at moderate to high doses. All of the sudden, around a year ago and out of the blue, I just couldn't take the meds any longer. I believe I was on a low dose of Effexor XR when I began to experience very strange, almost disabling symptoms. My symptoms included really bad head pressure, visual disturbances such as shadows/silhoutees, lightheadedness, dizziness/wooziness, and worse depression, anxiety, and paranoia than I've ever experienced in my life prior to or while taking the drugs. I tried reinstating a few times with no luck...with each time resulting in worsening of the present symptoms.

A year later and drug free, I still feel as if the drug(s) are stuck in my brain, gut, and nervous system...with my body slowly trying to correct and balance itself (every now and then I have bad brain and body zaps). While a few symptoms have "slightly" improved, I feel as if I am only 20-30% healed of the damage this has caused me!! I cannot afford ECT or TMS and have become so traumatized by these drugs (not wanting to go back on them) that I don't know what to do anymore. If there was a supplement or drug to take for this condition, I would be on it tomorrow!

-Mike

(((((Mike))))) I feel for you. I'm only 4 months off CT gabapentin and am pretty much bedridden. One day bleeds into the next with no relief whatsoever. So sorry you haven't seen much improvement in a year's time, but you are probably going to turn a corner very soon. (((Hugs)))) I'll check in on you.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Have you felt horrible the whole year, or recently?

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Thank you Pug! Yes it's been pretty horrible for the entire year. It's been so bad at times that I once felt as if I had a brain tumor (although I went to a doctor and he quickly shot that idea down, thankfully!) Only for the last 2-3 months have I begun to feel some "slight" relief from this hell. Yet, the head pressure/difficulty breathing are still pretty constant and I still feel drugged up along with visual disturbances. The short windows of relief are amazing, however. These are the only things that give me hope for a full recovery some day. Unfortunately, they only last for maybe a half hour at the most. I felt as though I was the only one aware of this and suffering from it until I found this site. How about you? Is your WD really so bad that you're bedridden? I feel for you...I really do!! What are some of your primary WD symptoms??

I have all your symptoms. I wake up every morning at 3am with head whooshing cortisol surges that last all day. Breathlessness, exhaustion, dizziness, heart palps, akathisia, anxiety through the roof, then depression, can't eat enough to stop losing weight, helmet head, plugged ears. All fun fun fun. Same, and sometimes worse, every day. I walk around like a zombie with wine spinouts. Always feel drugged. Keep waiting for a window. Wouldn't even mind one with pigeon poop.

Hi jthebrave -

The main thing is that you found this website, so that you know all the symptoms you are having are likely from protracted SSRI WD.

You can tell from my signature below that I've been through this before with SSRIs. It can take a long time to recover, so hang in there. Your body is doing its best to heal, and will do so at its own pace. 

I am like you, when I was on these SSRI drugs I really didn't feel any different than normal, the drugs seemed so harmless. But when I went off them, all hell broke loose. 

When your meds stopped working for you, that's known as "poop-out" unless you had lowered your dose and triggered withdrawal.

Although you aren't going to do any tapering - since you cold turkeyed a year ago - this link is a good thread to read that explains a lot about withdrawal in general:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1024-why-taper-by-10-of-my-dosage/

If you'd like to fill out your signature,click on your name at the top of this page, then click on "My Profile", click on "edit my profile", and on the left hand side click on "Signature", and write down a psych drug history so others can get a quick look of your history to help you better.

And here is info on the windows and waves pattern of recovery: 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/82-the-windows-and-waves-pattern-of-recovery/

Hell hath no fury as an SSRI scorned.....

Prozac:   20 mg 1996 – May 2003 CT to 0 mg; by Aug 03 CRASH then protracted WD 3 yrs

Zoloft:    2004 few weeks;, CT to 0 mg

Effexor:  2005 few months CT to 0 mg; bad withdrawal. 

Lexapro:  10 mg from 2009 – 2011; cut dose in half to:

Lexapro:    5 mg from 2011 – Feb. 2014; CT to 0 mg; 2 months of fatigue, followed by:
Aug - Oct 2014 Lexapro WD Insomnia Wave; sleeping very good from Nov 2014 - Nov 2015; broken sleep pattern Dec 2015 - Jan 2016

Dec 2014 - present: Brutal Lexapro WD ear ringing/head ringing/head pressure lasting for 14 months now.

24 months SSRI-free  

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome Mike,

I'm glad you found us and no longer think you are going through this alone, there are many of us here in the exact same situation, caused by these drugs.

First I want to reassure you that you will get better, recovery from antidepressant withdrawal, and other drugs happens, mostly through the passing of time and allowing the brain and nervous system to repair itself naturally. But there are some things you can do to support recovery and help manage symptoms.

Here is the link to our symptoms and self care section, you may find some useful ideas to help manage symptoms as you recover.  Especially read the topics pinned at the top.

If we could have a few more details of your drug history, that would be helpful.  Dates, drugs, dosages and how you stopped taking them. 

Please would you put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature.  Putting a short version of your drug and tapering history in your signature helps people understand your context, it appears below each of your posts.  Here are instructions for how to do it:

http://survivinganti...your-signature/

There's one thing I'm a little confused about.

All of the sudden, around a year ago and out of the blue, I just couldn't take the meds any longer. I believe I was on a low dose of Effexor XR when I began to experience very strange, almost disabling symptoms. My symptoms included really bad head pressure, visual disturbances such as shadows/silhoutees, lightheadedness, dizziness/wooziness, and worse depression, anxiety, and paranoia than I've ever experienced in my life prior to or while taking the drugs. I tried reinstating a few times with no luck...with each time resulting in worsening of the present symptoms.

Did you start experiencing symptoms while you were still taking Effexor?  Had you recently made any changes or cut your dose?  When you write that you tried reinstating, it sounds like you had already stopped taking the Effexor, so I'm wondering if you had been taking it irregularly before the symptoms started.

Have you been completely drug free for the last year?

If we can get a clear understanding of your history, it may help to explain was has happened.

You can use this thread as your ongoing journal to track progress, write about symptoms, ask questions and communicate with the community, add to it whenever you want.

Petunia.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey J - 

I'm sorry that you have been suffering for so long.

I agree with Petunia, there is a chance your symptoms may have started in response to drug changes, not necessarily a reaction to the drug itself.  Going on and off of drugs sets up a brain reaction, even while you are still on the drugs.  Both are equally likely, and there may be elements of both in your current suffering.

It is very important to recognize the special needs of your brain in withdrawal.  This includes no drinking, no recreational drugs, and you may even have to be aware and careful of caffeine, sugar (beware the energy drink!), or even gluten or dairy.  

So if you've been having the occasional party with a few beers during this time, it could reset the healing time of your brain.  If you have done this frequently - well, that would explain why this has been a difficult year for you.

There are a few supplements which can help.  Please read about them here, as you will learn about types and dosages, and individual reactions to them:

Magnesium

Omega-3 fish oil

Most people get some good response from these.  They will not eliminate your symptoms, they are not magic pills to make the pain go away, but they may take the edge off of your suffering so that you can move forward.

Welcome to SA - there are several people here who have experienced this and come out the other side.  

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Welcome Mike,

I'm glad you found us and no longer think you are going through this alone, there are many of us here in the exact same situation, caused by these drugs.

First I want to reassure you that you will get better, recovery from antidepressant withdrawal, and other drugs happens, mostly through the passing of time and allowing the brain and nervous system to repair itself naturally. But there are some things you can do to support recovery and help manage symptoms.

Here is the link to our symptoms and self care section, you may find some useful ideas to help manage symptoms as you recover.  Especially read the topics pinned at the top.

If we could have a few more details of your drug history, that would be helpful.  Dates, drugs, dosages and how you stopped taking them. 

Please would you put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature.  Putting a short version of your drug and tapering history in your signature helps people understand your context, it appears below each of your posts.  Here are instructions for how to do it:

There's one thing I'm a little confused about.

All of the sudden, around a year ago and out of the blue, I just couldn't take the meds any longer. I believe I was on a low dose of Effexor XR when I began to experience very strange, almost disabling symptoms. My symptoms included really bad head pressure, visual disturbances such as shadows/silhoutees, lightheadedness, dizziness/wooziness, and worse depression, anxiety, and paranoia than I've ever experienced in my life prior to or while taking the drugs. I tried reinstating a few times with no luck...with each time resulting in worsening of the present symptoms.

Did you start experiencing symptoms while you were still taking Effexor?  Had you recently made any changes or cut your dose?  When you write that you tried reinstating, it sounds like you had already stopped taking the Effexor, so I'm wondering if you had been taking it irregularly before the symptoms started.

Have you been completely drug free for the last year?

If we can get a clear understanding of your history, it may help to explain was has happened.

You can use this thread as your ongoing journal to track progress, write about symptoms, ask questions and communicate with the community, add to it whenever you want.

Petunia.

Petunia-

Yes, I started experiencing the beginning of my symptoms while taking Effexor XR at a fairly low dose (75mg I think). I have been SSRI and antidepressant free for over a year (except taking a micro dose "1.5 mg") of Trazadone a few times a week for sleep. That's all I can tolerate right now. The thing is....typically WD symptoms would start after one cuts back or goes cold turkey, right? This confuses me to this day as to why they would begin while I was ON the meds. That was the primary reason I had to stop. Every time I took the SSRI (after years of feeling nothing while taking these things), it was as if my body would become "overloaded" with serotonin and/or cortisol, dopamine, and norenephrine. And this just came out of the blue one day.

It's as if my these chemicals were building up inside of me without myself being physically aware of it. Something went haywire in my system really, really fast! I liken the feelings to having mild serotonin syndrome at the time...even though I wasn't on more than one drug or at a high dose. Heart pounding, bad head pressure, difficulty breathing; among other symptoms. Every time I tried to reinstate, my symptoms intensified. Clearly these symptoms are drug related or else they wouldn't get worse while trying to reinstate. I think??? The only thing I can tolerate is a micro dose (once in a while) of Trazadone. That's how screwed up these drugs have made me. In my early twenties, I was on brand Celexa for a few years with some success (the only drug that ever worked for me), but when I stopped the drug I was in WD for maybe a month at the most!! God how I wish that had been the case a year ago!!!

Over most of the 13 years, however, I jumped around a lot in the attempt to find something that worked at an affordable (non brand name) cost. No luck. I'm sure this did not help. I tried just about every drug on the market. My longest therapy besides Celexa was over 2 years on Effexor XR. I believe the crappy generics, or at least one of them, is at fault here. Most of them simply don't work...if they're even the actually drug to begin with (Teva and most Indian generic antidepressants). If I could do it over, I would have taken ONLY brand name if possible, and I would have also taken LONG breaks from these drugs!! But I can't. I have to stick it out now. I do have small windows of relief from time to time, and the body and brain zaps also give me some hope for a full recovery down the road.

*this post and one response moved from the symptoms section

After 13 years of tolerating meds VERY WELL, I can barely take anything without feeling as though I have serotonin syndrome or something similar! Heart pounding/racing, head pressure, difficulty breathing, a general feeling of heaviness, visual problems, and a few other symptoms that are not in my head...otherwise I wouldn't have been able to take the meds for all those years! A year later and mostly drug free (except for a micro dose of Trazadone twice a week), I'm quite sure the same thing would happen if I tried to reinstate. I am beginning to think either the drugs have damaged my brain and/or nervous system, or that I have developed some type of nervous system disorder. Lastly, if a high serotonin/dopamine/norenephrine problem is occurring, what can I possibly due to drastically LOWER these chemicals in me??

Edited by Petunia
added note
  • Administrator

Please read What is withdrawal syndrome? and the other topics pinned to the top of this forum's content list.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

For the past few days, I have felt miraculously better. I can only describe it as this kind of light, normal feeling. I don't recall feeling this way for a long, LONG TIME! The overwhelming and persistent heaviness (in my head and body) which I have felt for so long is beginning to lift. I can only hope it continues to get better and that I don't experience any major setbacks. But I'm not banking on it because I know that I still have a long road ahead. It's almost impossible to describe, but it's TRULY as if a very weight has been lifted off of me; not altogether, but still an improvement! Perhaps some of it is due to spring being around the corner. Has anyone else experienced this during their recovery process?

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi jt ,  could you move this or repost it on your other thread . . . folks following that will want to share in the good news.

Best wishes ,  Fresh

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

I merged your topics, only one topic per person in the introductions forum

Sounds like you are having a window. That's great. Many people experience a window and wave pattern to their recovery Here is a thread on that - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/82-the-windows-and-waves-pattern-of-recovery/

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm glad you're experiencing some relief Mike, I hope it lasts, if not, check out the link Dalsaan posted, most of us go through this non-linear pattern of recovery we call windows and waves.

Could I ask you to put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature.  Putting a short version of your drug and tapering history in your signature helps people understand your context, it appears below each of your posts.  Here are instructions for how to do it:

Please stay in touch and let us know how you're doing.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• 2 years later...

jthebrave any update.

No doubt you are aware there is a wdl survey asking for peoples experiences.

Are you able to participate it would be great if you could.

Your voice would be valuable.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• 5 months later...

jthebrave how are you doing these days?

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017