SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

ccb73: My story with the psychiatric cycle

ccb73

Hi Guys,

I had a difficult childhood but rather not common! I have wonderful and spiritual parents but I was born a worrier with intense fear of the world. Who knows, maybe genetics, etc…

The fears made me feel different and I didn’t develop like the standard child in the 70’s. I avoided social gatherings, had no real friends but otherwise healthy as per my pediatrician. I was aware of my fears but thought that some threats are forever when they were not and threats that I had, everyone has, which was also not the case.

I kind of managed to get through life while being chastised by my parents that I was lazy, had no self-confidence, low self-esteem, etc… It came to a point where I just couldn’t see eye to eye with my parents nor with the world around me! This caused lots of anxiety, more fears, and a disconnect. Doctors, herbalists, or anything under the sun in the 70’s, 80’s and even 90’s were tried but everything seemed to point to my mental distress although people didn’t give any credence to these kids; either you were a top performer or you were down in the dumps, I guess.

To get to the chase, at age 18, I had a panic attack in the summer and then another in the winter at age 19, followed by anxiety symptoms, which at that time were physical and left me worried as a hypochondriac…

At age 20, I was becoming convinced I’ll never marry, I’ll never make it in life, and nobody really needs me. My father hates me and my friends are moving along, leaving me behind. At a cousins wedding, I had a horrific anxiety attack, which left me pacing and twitching, not knowing what the morrow will bring.

Of course, my parents at that time took me serious and tried to console me, without success. To make a long story short, I was introduced to my first Psychiatrist/Butcher. After 45 minutes, I had a prescription for Prozac and Zanax, being promised I will heal and that the drugs were not addictive. His psychotherapy was worse than no therapy and after a while, I was introduced to the new phenomenon of being drugged for life.

Change of meds to Paxil made no difference. I was encouraged to get married (bad advice!) while taking all the drugs. Although I was not comfortable, somewhere down the line my parents convinced me to cut medication. Off with the Xanax (too fast, of course) and tapered the paxil to 10mg (too fast, of course!). I was doing well (so to speak) until I collapsed into a more horrible depression with suicidal ideation and urges.

Well, I think you can guess the rest and I won’t bore you with 10-15 useless years. Changed and added new meds. Ranging from: Paxil, Klonopin, Lithium, Zyprexa, Lamictal, Ritalin, Trileptal, Effexor XR.

I was separated and made the mistake to get back before I was ready, pushed by a psychiatrist with an agenda! Started with worse anxiety, I ended up seeing a psychiatrist that introduced washout in Cornell at Westchester, NY.

What a slam of a deal! Stupid people tapered me off all the drugs in a 3 week range, leaving me with panic attacks that hit the roof. Sleeping was damaged, so was I. I complained, so they reinstated Klonopin, added: Depakote, Ambien for sleep, Lexapro, Seroquel low dose for sleep, and Wellbutrin XL. I was one big mess. This happened in 2013.

I was separated, to be divorced, after that incident for good. Living in my parents’ house was hell and the doctors and parents started blaming me for being not motivated and a weakling.

After a few months of torture, I started seeing a psychologist that works with the “system” suggesting a new, best in the world psychiatrist for meds and he’ll do the therapy…

Now my regimen has changed to: Cymbalta, Wellbutrin XL, Klonopin continued, Viibryd, Seroquel increased, and Deplin.

I wasn’t doing too great and my parents suggested holistic medicine. A cortisol test confirmed the highest level of cortisol 24hr a day. I was given supplements, a diet plan, and Seriphos. The Seriphos worked like a charm and after a couple of months, I was read to even think about withdrawing from drugs.

I started with Wellbutrin and went down to 75mg Regular release (from 450mg), Cymbalta to 60mg (from 120mg). Still stuck on Seroquel 200mg, Klonopin 2.5mg, and Viibryd 20mg. This is where I crashed and had to stop the withdrawal, for now. I can’t seem to break below 60mg of Cymbalta and was told by people on this forum, outside of forum that I need to go slower.

I guess this is where I’m now. A short and sweat hell. After the Hospital event, where I stayed for a month behind locked doors and fortress like walls, I seemed to not respond to the drugs the same way anymore and have constant mood swings and other withdrawal symptoms. I’m working in NY as a Database Reporter and trying to keep my job despite the difficulties…

I have two wonderful kids and I’m hoping and praying to G-d that things will turn around and get better. Maybe this forum will allow me to learn other people’s experiences so I’ll heal smater! I am seeing a new holistic practitioner and taking lots of supplements. I also took the 23andme genetic test showing some defects. Did multiple testing and I guess it’s a hit or miss; sometimes I’ll feel better, other times not!

Edited by scallywag
tags

Latest med schedule and withdrawal (05/17/17):

Seroquel On 125mg 10/28/16 (now, 125 mg), (9/2017, 200mg)

Cymbalta On 27mg 10/28/16 (now, 27 mg), (9/2017, 90mg)

Viibryd On 10mg 10/28/16 (now, 10 mg), (9/2017, 20mg)

Klonopin On 2.5 Start 10/28/16 (now 1.5 night, 1 Morning), (9/2017 1.5 night, 1 morning, .5 midday, total 3mg)

Diovan 160mg On 10/28/16 (now 160mg)

Norvasc On 10mg 10/28/16 (now 0), (1/2017 10mg)

Cytomel (T3 for thyroid) on 11/2017 25mcg

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi ccb ,  welcome to the site.    You'll find all sorts of support , information and advice here , as you're finding out.

Thankyou for sharing your story.   It will be helpful if you can provide dosages of your current meds , and some dates (even approximate) as well.

I'm really sorry to hear all that you've gone through.

Best wishes ,   Fresh

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

• Administrator

Welcome, CCB.

Certainly 3 antidepressants is a bit redundant? Plus the other drugs....

Please put ALL the drugs you take in the Drug Interactions Checker http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html and post the results in this topic.

What are your current symptoms? Are you still seeing that psychiatrist?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi, CCB. An all too familiar tale. I wonder if that first drugger would consider you "cured" if he saw you now?

I am glad you joined and posted.

2009: Cancer hospital said I had adjustment disorder because I thought they were doing it wrong. Their headshrinker prescribed Effexor, and my life set on a new course. I didn't know what was ahead, like a passenger on Disneyland's Matterhorn, smiling and waving as it climbs...clink, clink, clink.

2010: Post surgical accidental Effexor discontinuation by nurses, masked by intravenous Dilaudid. (The car is balanced at the top of the track.) I get home, pop a Vicodin, and ...

Whooosh...down, down, down, down, down...goes the trajectory of my life, up goes my mood and tendency to think everything is a good idea.
2012: After the bipolar jig was up, now a walking bag of unrelated symptoms, I went crazy on Daytrana (the Ritalin skin patch by Noven), because ADHD was a perfect fit for a bag of unrelated symptoms. I was prescribed Effexor for the nervousness of it, and things got neurological. An EEG showed enough activity to warrant an epilepsy diagnosis rather than non-epileptic ("psychogenic") seizures.

:o 2013-2014: Quit everything and got worse. I probably went through DAWS: dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome. I drank to not feel, but I felt a lot: dread, fear, regret, grief: an utter sense of total loss of everything worth breathing about, for almost two years.

I was not suicidal but I wanted to be dead, at least dead to the experience of my own brain and body.

2015: I  began to recover after adding virgin coconut oil and organic grass-fed fed butter to a cup of instant coffee in the morning.

I did it hoping for mental acuity and better memory. After ten days of that, I was much better, mood-wise. Approximately neutral.

And, I experienced drowsiness. I could sleep. Not exactly happy, I did 30 days on Wellbutrin, because it had done me no harm in the past. 

I don't have the DAWS mood or state of mind. It never feel like doing anything if it means standing up.

In fact, I don't especially like moving. I'm a brain with a beanbag body.   :unsure:

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

I'm tapering off my psychiatric drugs and when i reached a threshold, I started panicking and going through throws of emotional an physical pain.  For instance, i had no problem going from 120mg of Cymbalta down slowly to 60 mg but when i stepped below the 60 mg threshold, i was a miserable wreck.  I stayed in bed, crying, lack of apathy and lethargic to no end. 

I have a wonderful supporting family but as you know, they understand very little of what people like use go through when withdrawing!  I also use a top psychotherapist in NYC that understands the physiology of the brain and the drugs better than most doctors; he was doing experiments 40 years ago and found all the finding to be a crock of ****

Anyway, i also see a professional naturalist, yet with minimal results.

Things got better when i started experimenting on my own and reading like a bookworm.  I started taking Tyrosine, DLPA, Sam-E, Tryptophan, 5-Htp, Holy Basil, Pharma Gaba, Theanine, melatonin, and other stuff to directly minimize the effects.  I had successes but not until i tried this:

Lithium Orotate 20 mg 2x/day.  Wonderful with b6 and the other b's, of course.  I now tried a 10% taper off the Cymbalta based on a 80 mg start point.  I'm down to 52 mg by counting granules.  At the same time, for the first time, I'm able to cut 25% of Seroquel (Serokill) at night!  Wonderfull!  With G-d's help, I'll be off the stuff quicker than i thought.

I really think the Micro-low dose of lithium orotate along with the therapy, nutrition, prayer, and mindset, I'm doing great...

I'm willing to help people since I've been brutalized for 22+ years too much.  I'm not a doctor but can still be a good reference.  Just remember "Everyone's experience will differ for every drug"

Taking:

Cymbalta 52 mg

Seroquel 150 mg

Klonopin 1.5 mg night, 1 mg day

Viibryd 20 mg

Diovan 160 mg

Norvasc 160 mg

Inspra (eplerenone) 50 mg

Klonopin On 2.5 Start 10/28/16 (now 1.5 night, 1 Morning), (9/2017 1.5 night, 1 morning, .5 midday, total 3mg)

• 2 months later...

Hi. I was focusing on getting off Cymbalta at 10% every 2 weeks approximately. My Psychologist wants me off the meds quicker so I don't suffer from adverse affects and get my life back quicker. This made us decide to withdraw from Seroquel while doing Cymbalta Withdrawal at 12.5 % monthly, a week apart...

Things were going quite well until I crashed when I entered 28mg of Cymbalta and 100mg Seroquel, mainly after the Seroquel withdrawal. The crash differed because it was hitting anxiety very strong with moderate panic attacks, I didn't have for quite a while! What the hell...

It's understood by both me and my Psychologist that reducing the Cymbalta aggressively while doing so with Seroquel might be responsible for the crash.

The crash happened about two weeks ago and although I went back to previous level: Cymbalta 36mg, Seroquel 125 mg, I'm still so sick that it's hard to go on and get to work or other areas in life!

Anyone can please explain why if I go back, I'm still not feeling myself! Went back to Cymbalta 36mg on Wednesday afternoon the 22nd of July 2015 and bumped the Seroquel to 125mg that night.

It's a couple of days later yet I still feel panicky, anxiety, dread, and relfted withdrawal... Shouldn't it have gotton better by now?

I can't get out of myself yet and still sick it all aspects.

Please help!!!

Thanks a lot.

C.B.

• Administrator

ccb, I moved your posts here. Please put your updates and questions in your Intro topic, this keeps your story all in one place.

It's good that your psychologist is concerned about adverse effects. Perhaps you can ask him or her to read more about tapering off drugs here http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/forum/14-tapering/

1) We recommend decreasing by 10% per month, calculated on the last dosage (the amount of the decrease keeps getting smaller.

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

2) Do not taper more than one drug at a time because if it goes bad, you won't know what to do.

The rule of 3KIS: Keep it simple. Keep it slow. Keep it stable.

Taking multiple psych drugs? Which drug to taper first?

Taper more than one drug at a time?

Drug Interactions Checker -- use it to reduce your drug burden

3) Once you go wobbly, it can take some time for your nervous system to settle down.

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

Also see

Tips for tapering off Cymbalta (duloxetine)

Tips for tapering off Seroquel (quetiapine)

Please keep in touch and let us know how you're doing in this topic.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I'm in the midst of doing Cymbalta tapering. I'm using the 3 pellets per 3-5 days, as best I can handle and I'm down to roughly 30 mg. All brand name.

I'm having crazy moodiness and above all this crazy "I don't want to". I'm actually an overachiever but now, totally blah blah...

It's ironic because I know I love work and getting out of bed is important but I seem to have become so lethargic with so much apathy, I don't care if I lose my job, etc...

It's very uncomfortable to me and scary. I'm not on the mood for anything including fun, enjoyment or even eating.

Can anyone identify and help me with solutions, please. I feel my life slipping away and possibly my income.

My psychoanalyst tells me to expect this but it doesn't seem to help me put in ne foot in front of the other to fight this.

I have a hoyse, children, and lots to lose if I stay out of society but it seems like I don't care anymore but I really do...

Any identifiers, please.

Thanks.

Taking:

Cymbalta 33 mg

Seroquel 125 mg

Klonopin 1.5 mg night, 1 mg day

Viibryd 20 mg

Diovan 160 mg

Norvasc 160 mg

Inspra (eplerenone) 50 mg

• Moderator Emeritus

The same things still apply as back in July...

Have you read any of the links Altostrata gave you?

The solution we propose here is that you educate yourself about these drugs and be more informed about the decisions you make.

ccb, I moved your posts here. Please put your updates and questions in your Intro topic, this keeps your story all in one place.

It's good that your psychologist is concerned about adverse effects. Perhaps you can ask him or her to read more about tapering off drugs here http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/forum/14-tapering/

1) We recommend decreasing by 10% per month, calculated on the last dosage (the amount of the decrease keeps getting smaller.

2) Do not taper more than one drug at a time because if it goes bad, you won't know what to do.

The rule of 3KIS: Keep it simple. Keep it slow. Keep it stable.

Taking multiple psych drugs? Which drug to taper first?

Taper more than one drug at a time?

Drug Interactions Checker -- use it to reduce your drug burden

3) Once you go wobbly, it can take some time for your nervous system to settle down.

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

Also see

Tips for tapering off Cymbalta (duloxetine)

Tips for tapering off Seroquel (quetiapine)

Please keep in touch and let us know how you're doing in this topic.

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

Well, basically doing 10% of remaining dose on just Cymbalta...

There is no help on this really and I'm not gettig any people identifying with the employment aspect.

• Moderator Emeritus

I have entered your drugs in drug interactions checker and below are the results. A lot of us can identify with your difficulties at work. I'm struggling badly myself. There are a lot of people who cannot work, a lot of people lost jobs and their property. These drugs are really dangerous. I'm worried that you allowed to be put on so many drugs in a desperate attempt to stay functional. Unfortunately this makes things only worse.

Whenever I want to find about about experiences of other people I just read threads of other members here. I always find plenty of things I can identify with.

Interactions between your selected drugs
Major duloxetine  vilazodone

Applies to: Cymbalta (duloxetine), Viibryd (vilazodone)

Using DULoxetine together with vilazodone can increase the risk of a rare but serious condition called the serotonin syndrome, which may include symptoms such as confusion, hallucination, seizure, extreme changes in blood pressure, increased heart rate, fever, excessive sweating, shivering or shaking, blurred vision, muscle spasm or stiffness, tremor, incoordination, stomach cramp, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Severe cases may result in coma and even death. You should seek immediate medical attention if you experience these symptoms while taking the medications. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. Your doctor may already be aware of the risks, but has determined that this is the best course of treatment for you and has taken appropriate precautions and is monitoring you closely for any potential complications. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Switch to professional interaction data

Moderate clonazepam  quetiapine

Applies to: Klonopin (clonazepam), Seroquel (quetiapine)

Using clonazePAM together with QUEtiapine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate clonazepam  eplerenone

Applies to: Klonopin (clonazepam), Inspra (eplerenone)

Eplerenone and clonazePAM may have additive effects in lowering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate. These side effects are most likely to be seen at the beginning of treatment, following a dose increase, or when treatment is restarted after an interruption. Let your doctor know if you develop these symptoms and they do not go away after a few days or they become troublesome. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you, and use caution when getting up from a sitting or lying position. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate clonazepam  duloxetine

Applies to: Klonopin (clonazepam), Cymbalta (duloxetine)

Using clonazePAM together with DULoxetine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate amlodipine  quetiapine

Applies to: Norvasc (amlodipine), Seroquel (quetiapine)

QUEtiapine and amLODIPine may have additive effects in lowering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate. These side effects are most likely to be seen at the beginning of treatment, following a dose increase, or when treatment is restarted after an interruption. Let your doctor know if you develop these symptoms and they do not go away after a few days or they become troublesome. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you, and use caution when getting up from a sitting or lying position. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate valsartan  quetiapine

Applies to: Diovan (valsartan), Seroquel (quetiapine)

QUEtiapine and valsartan may have additive effects in lowering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate. These side effects are most likely to be seen at the beginning of treatment, following a dose increase, or when treatment is restarted after an interruption. Let your doctor know if you develop these symptoms and they do not go away after a few days or they become troublesome. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you, and use caution when getting up from a sitting or lying position. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate valsartan  eplerenone

Applies to: Diovan (valsartan), Inspra (eplerenone)

Using eplerenone together with valsartan may increase potassium levels in the blood. High levels of potassium can develop into a condition known as hyperkalemia, which in severe cases can lead to kidney failure, muscle paralysis, irregular heart rhythm, and cardiac arrest. You may be more likely to develop hyperkalemia while using these medications if you are elderly, dehydrated, or have kidney disease, diabetes, or advanced heart failure. Regular or long-term use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen or naproxen (Aleve) may also increase your risk. It is important that you maintain adequate fluid intake during treatment with these medications, especially if you are using them for prolonged periods. In addition, talk to your doctor to see if you should limit consumption of potassium-rich foods such as tomatoes, raisins, figs, potatoes, lima beans, bananas, plantains, papayas, pears, cantaloupes, mangoes, and potassium-containing salt substitutes. You may need a dose adjustment or more frequent monitoring by your doctor to safely use both medications. You should seek medical attention if you experience nausea, vomiting, weakness, confusion, tingling of the hands and feet, feelings of heaviness in the legs, a weak pulse, or a slow or irregular heartbeat, as these may be symptoms of hyperkalemia. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate quetiapine  eplerenone

Applies to: Seroquel (quetiapine), Inspra (eplerenone)

QUEtiapine and eplerenone may have additive effects in lowering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate. These side effects are most likely to be seen at the beginning of treatment, following a dose increase, or when treatment is restarted after an interruption. Let your doctor know if you develop these symptoms and they do not go away after a few days or they become troublesome. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you, and use caution when getting up from a sitting or lying position. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate quetiapine  duloxetine

Applies to: Seroquel (quetiapine), Cymbalta (duloxetine)

Using QUEtiapine together with DULoxetine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

No other interactions were found between your selected drugs.

Note: this does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist.

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

• Administrator

If you are in the midst of withdrawal symptoms, we suggest you stop tapering and hold for a good long while to let your nervous system settle down.

That is still an excessive drug cocktail. Did none of your doctors ever notice?

• 4 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

How are you doing ccb? We haven't heard from you in a while. Are you still tapering Cymbalta?

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Hi.

I started Viibryd withdrawal and feel I'm doing the right thing on withdrawal.

Since Viibryd half life is 25 hours, I do 10% cuts this way:

From 20mg/day:

I took 75% of the drug yesterday. Today 100%, tomorrow 100%, then 75%, then 100%, followed by 100%. The average is 10% withdrawal.

This morning was tough but the 100% mitigated the pain.

Since it's not a sustained release or extended release, I feel this might be easier than consistent withdrawal.

The bump up can be VERY helpful with longer half life meds.

Any thoughts?

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm just curious why you are wanting to do it this way while acknowledging that the goal is 10%, which is what SA advocates?  Is it because it is easier to deal with the tablets you have?

You noted that today was tough but the 100% dose mitigated it.  That means your 25% cut was too destabilizing.  We recommend a consistent 10%, at most, day to day for 4 to 6 weeks, to keep things consistent for the nervous system.  Half-life length aside, you are still doing a 25% cut one day and going back to full dose the next, and this is very confusing for the nervous system to deal with.  Should it begin up-regulating receptors or not?  Not to mention all the other neurotransmitter and endocrine systems which are interdependent on what happens with the serotonin system.

Please see again:  

Brain Remodelling

SG

Started ADs back around 1995 after bad break-up, starting with Prozac.  Switched to Wellbutrin, and then to Effexor in 2002
Effexor XR 2002-2014 up to 225 mg at one point, down to 37.5 mg towards end but back up to 75 mg in 2014; now realize I had W/D as I dropped down, memory very poor about history.  Extreme emotions, poor concentration as I stepped back down, didn't connect the dots!
Summer 2014 reduced to 0 very quickly, was sick of anhedonia/sexual dysfunction due to meds, depression never controlled if not worse. Didn't recognize WD since symptoms built slowly (thought I had ADD! and menopausal on top of it), starting with severe sweats, very bad cog-fog and memory issues, culminating in weight loss, severe anxiety and depression, panic, severe apathy and insomnia by eight months off.  Saw p-doc who put me on Remeron, increased from 7.5 mg/day to 37.5 mg by May 22, 2015; still doing very badly though able to sleep.

June 1. 2015 Reinstated Effexor XR 37.5 mg, Remeron dropped to 30 mg PM. Immediate relief of symptoms, like nothing had ever happened!  Joined SA and began on advice of friend who recognized it was WD all along! Began tapering in July 2015.

Been tapering both meds ever since, focusing on one more than the other or doing no more than 5% of each per month.

12 mg Effexor and 5.8 mg Remeron (mirtazapine SolTabs to make a solution with OraPlus) as of 5/4/2017 

Update 3/14/18: 2.9 mg Remeron and 6 mg Effexor; 6/10/18:  2.6 mg Remeron and 4.9 mg Effexor

My intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9313-squirrellygirl-effexor-withdrawal-etc/page-2#entry196679

Thanks. The problem is there is no generic and my insurance won't pay for two 10mg twice per day.

I tried liquid titration and it was a horror.

There is a compound pharmacy that will allow me to ship the pills and they can measure exact doses.

This is a bit complicated and will take at least two weeks until I get started due to a doctor's order, filling, and shipping. Also, I need enough stock so I can part from my Viibryd while it's in compounded.

To do exact measures or even close you need expensive equipment which I cannot afford.

Doesn't seem like anybody has and freaken idea how to titrate Viibryd.

Generics are much easier since pharmacies have the raw materials.

I'm frustrated for the lack of resources on withdrawing from this drug. Thus drug is a dud since most people don't seem to be on it.

Please assist. Thanks.

• Moderator Emeritus

Could you explain what happened with the liquid?  How did you make it and what was the result?

The equipment for measuring accurately doesn't have to be unaffordable, unless you are saying that $25 for the Gemini20 milligram scale through eBay or Amazon is unaffordable to you.

I have used that scale to dry cut two meds very successfully.  I additionally use the empty gel caps to put my doses in so I can make up two weeks' worth in one weighing session, but they are pretty inexpensive on Amazon, under $10 for a boat-load of them.

I think the problem with Viibryd is that there just aren't many people on it.  I was on it briefly when I unknowingly was in protracted withdrawal from Effexor, had a terrible paradoxical reaction with it, anxiety and insomnia through the roof!

Switching directly to a liquid AND making a cut at the same time can definitely go sideways for some people.   That doesn't mean a homemade liquid won't work, but that you may have to do what I did, do a cross-taper from dry to liquid.  

Using the same dose total that I had been stable on, I did the following:

3/4 dry, 1/4 liquid for four days

1/2 dry, 1/2 liquid for four days

1/4 dry, 3/4 liquid for four days

Then all liquid; hold for two weeks or more before making a cut.  My first cut amounted to 0.1 mg to start.  This is all pretty recent for me, so far so good.

Have you seen this topic?  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4318-tips-for-tapering-off-viibryd-vilazodone/?hl=viibryd

SG

Started ADs back around 1995 after bad break-up, starting with Prozac.  Switched to Wellbutrin, and then to Effexor in 2002
Effexor XR 2002-2014 up to 225 mg at one point, down to 37.5 mg towards end but back up to 75 mg in 2014; now realize I had W/D as I dropped down, memory very poor about history.  Extreme emotions, poor concentration as I stepped back down, didn't connect the dots!
Summer 2014 reduced to 0 very quickly, was sick of anhedonia/sexual dysfunction due to meds, depression never controlled if not worse. Didn't recognize WD since symptoms built slowly (thought I had ADD! and menopausal on top of it), starting with severe sweats, very bad cog-fog and memory issues, culminating in weight loss, severe anxiety and depression, panic, severe apathy and insomnia by eight months off.  Saw p-doc who put me on Remeron, increased from 7.5 mg/day to 37.5 mg by May 22, 2015; still doing very badly though able to sleep.

June 1. 2015 Reinstated Effexor XR 37.5 mg, Remeron dropped to 30 mg PM. Immediate relief of symptoms, like nothing had ever happened!  Joined SA and began on advice of friend who recognized it was WD all along! Began tapering in July 2015.

Been tapering both meds ever since, focusing on one more than the other or doing no more than 5% of each per month.

12 mg Effexor and 5.8 mg Remeron (mirtazapine SolTabs to make a solution with OraPlus) as of 5/4/2017 

Update 3/14/18: 2.9 mg Remeron and 6 mg Effexor; 6/10/18:  2.6 mg Remeron and 4.9 mg Effexor

My intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9313-squirrellygirl-effexor-withdrawal-etc/page-2#entry196679

• Moderator Emeritus

Ok, I reviewed some of your posts and see that you had the settling issue making a liquid.  Yes, the Ora-Plus tastes terrible!  An alternative might be to use a thick liquid such as pancake syrup, or Karo syrup.  Mix in a small amount of water and then bring to volume with the syrup.

SG

Scales at that price are inaccurate to the point that every time I place the pill, I get another number.

Syrups are messy and I don't trust the method or myself. Especially, when the Viibryd consistency settles.

I tried mortar pestle and it's a psychological pain. I never know if I got it all.

I need more professional exact guidance or else I'll need to either get Compounded or do alternating where I know my dose.

Any help, PLEASE...

Thanks.

• Moderator Emeritus

So you have the scale?  Try this:

1) calibrate the scale

2)  Place a 10 g weight on the pan.  It should read 10.000g.

3) with the weight still on the pan, reading 10.000g, place your pill on with it.  Given the fillers in the pill, it likely weighs at least 200 mg, so if the scale drifts and says 10.001 g or 9.999 g, adding or subtracting that .001 should give you the weight that you got when the scale read 10.000g.

4) Leave the calibration weight on the scale when you weigh your doses so that you know the scale is still reading true.  Mine drifts and I end up sometimes having to recalibrate during weighing sessions, but I have had very good results doing this. Someone on here, forget if it was Fresh or someone else, suggested that the scale weighs more true at higher readings, an additional reason to leave the calibration weight on the pan.

SG

• Moderator Emeritus

Question: I'm doing Viibryd taper.

If Viibryd has half life of 25 hours, why not alternate doses? It might actually be safer and easier!

If you take 25% cut followed by two days of no cut and you keep that for a month, you're looking at a nice 8.33% cut smoothly.

I'm not sure why it's not helping me but when I tried prior withdrawals 10% over a month, I was worse; I am taking SSRI basically for 22+ years so my affinity to the drug might be super high.

Sigh...

• 3 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hey CCB - 

Lithium Orotate 20 mg 2x/day....I really think the Micro-low dose of lithium orotate along with the therapy, nutrition, prayer, and mindset, I'm doing great...

This is not a microdose.  I take 1.67 mg of the stuff.  It comes here in 5 mg capsules.  Anything below that might be considered a microdose. 

20 mg per day means that you should be getting kidney function tests 2-4 times per year.  Lithium orotate is better absorbed.  OH I SEE you are on 40 mg per day - please get your bloods drawn to check kidney function.  My kidneys were going into diabetes insipidus (which you can get from orotate, too), and my p-doc was still not alarmed at my blood tests - so LEARN the blood tests, too, and know what to look for for kidney trouble!   https://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/lithium/tab/test/

There are many discussions of lithium carbonate and orotate on my thread.  Here is one of them, indicating estimated equivalency:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/5234-jancarol-reboxetine-first-then-lithium/?view=findpost&p=184919

You can read around, lithium has been a major topic on my thread.  (you can google survivingantidepressants jancarol lithium orotate to get them all, or just browse around)

and here:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/5234-jancarol-reboxetine-first-then-lithium/?view=findpost&p=216287

I discuss that if I am taking 2.5 mg Lithium Orotate, it is akin to drinking 10 litres of lithium mineral water (San Pelligrino).

I think of this supplement as something which is vital to have with water.  That is why it is in the water, in some places.  Places which have lithium water, have happier, healthier, and some would say, smarter people.  

But the water is key.  If you are taking 40 mg lithium orotate, that would mean you should be drinking 160 litres per water each day to keep your kidneys healthy on that dose.  See why lithium naturally comes in water?  Lithium?  Kidneys?  = water!

But if you choose to come down, please taper gently, as it is the same as taking a psychiatric drug, just an OTC version of one. Oh, I see this is an old post - are you still taking the lithium orotate?  If you are, please report it in your signature, as it does have mood altering and potentially toxic properties.  (and again, you've had severe withdrawals since posting that! so maybe it's not as "protective" as you think.)

Putting practices and coping mechanisms in place is marvellous.  I wish everyone would look to settling their inner life, as they bring down the chemicals in their outer life.  The two are one, entwined.  As GiaK (a mod here, with an award winning blog of her own) says:  Everything Matters

If Viibryd has half life of 25 hours, why not alternate doses? It might actually be safer and easier!

It is never safer to alternate doses.  This is the equivalent of a CT every 24 hours.  The more you do it, the more you are risking waking the sleeping lion.

Every-other day dosing

I could draw a chart, but it's 4 am, so you'll have to take my word for it that it is a spiky, destabilising way to taper.

You have switched and tapered drugs too fast - on all of them.  Is it any wonder you have symptoms?  

Slow and steady wins the race on this one.  No extra points for being the hare, the tortoise has fewer setbacks, distractions, and explosions to deal with.

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

• 2 months later...

Why isn't anyone writing about an improved formulation from Hardy Nutritionals?

The DEN, Amino Acid Balance, Etc?

It seems like some psychiatrists are actually using this product instead of drugs for some people with better success than meds...

I'm trying Hardy for a while and his Bakance Aminos are great but I'm not doing that well with the Daily Essentials. Actually, sometimes better, yet sometimes worse, and yet, sometimes nothing...

There are so many workups on the DEN product so I wonder why it's not even on the table???

Edited by scallywag
moved from another topic

• Moderator Emeritus

I don't know for sure for the others ccb73.  For me, with my experience with shrinks(psychiatrists and the likes......including nutritional supplement makers and peddlers), I think it would be a total waste of my money and hope.  I think it would cause many difficulties for me to try any of the packaged formula "cures" you mention or further psychoactive prescribed substances.  I have been there and done that already.  I am having the longest period of fairly "wellness and stability" that I have ever had now....... since seeking psychiatric care way back when.

Also.......I am thankful for the "enlightenment"(best term I could come up with) and self education that I have had to date..........as far as concerns my own journey and path to greater healing and wellness and acceptance of all that I am now.  There is a lot of wisdom here.  On this site.  As a whole, I don't think we endorse any of the products you mention.  I think that has been made clear enough to you already.......not sure.......but I think I read some of your other postings to the same effect as your above one.

I just no longer believe in taking short cuts to healing.  Heck, maybe I am healed now........who knows.......if this is as good as it gets........well, it's not so bad.

best, in healing and recovering,

mmt

Oh, I am only guessing but don't those products and Hardy have their own websites that you could continue to contribute to and gain support on?  I mean......you are welcome here as far as I'm concerned too.  And sorry so wordy today and not concise.........just typing and tooting my horn kind of day that I am having is all.

Edited by ChessieCat
SW moved from another topic/CC darkened font

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Manymore,

Any better ideas how to handle hell on this earth withdrawing from meds after 23 years of taking them?

Would you share your wisdom with me please? (No pum intended).

I'm at the end of the rope. Granted, I can continue withdrawal hell (getting worse when you have less of the drug!) after a 50% total drug reduction over ywo years.

But how long, QOL, Ouch, I'm crying...

Edited by scallywag
moved from another topic

• Moderator Emeritus

I don't know........for you.  For me it's better........not as intense.  Yah, I have been crying today as well...........granted a step up or two from hell...........which, I can only vaguely remember now.  For me........it's this learning to live without........the expectation that any supplement or person or psychiatrist has the answer for me.  And how to live with the expectation that..........for me again............it's just a day, a moment, a quiet disappointment once again.

Good time to grow they say.  Good time to get all creative and enjoy my own company for perhaps the first time ever.  Quit fighting........but in that way that keeps one going in the best way possible.

Honestly, I came back to delete my comment above...........

There is always more rope.  Just trust me.  There is.  Never at the end of it.  I mean I spose someday we might be........rationally and all that.........  The proverbial rope is endless.........timeless...........

Hang on ccb73.  Oh, it hasn't gotten worse for me with less of my drug(s).  No, quite the opposite.  Less is more or something like that.  Just listen.......to the moderators, read, try and have a life during all this.  Let us hold your hand and guide you.

peace on out.......for now.  I will check your introduction from time to time..........and fully expect that you too, can do this............whatever this you decide on.

Love, hugs, healing, wellness,

mmt

Edited by ChessieCat
SW moved from another topic/CC darkened font

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

You posted this question to Alto in a topic in the Symptoms forum:

Alto,

I'm doing quite decent tapers as you instruct, yet my QOL is s*** (excuse me).

If you don't have any better ideas and more comfortable withdrawl experiences, why do you so vehemently oppose supplementation?

I need help, we all need help. Alsi, doing too slow of a taper keeps the drug in your body longer, causing it's own set of problems.

Especially after my very uncommonly heard of 23+ years on meds.

My meds now are:

Viibryd 10mg
Klonopin 1.5mg PM, 1mg AM
Seroquel 125g
Cymbalta 27mg

I cut out wellbutrin 150, Cymbalta 80mg to 30mg,Seroquel 200 mg to 125mg, Viibryd 20mg to 10mg.

Now I'm back to 10% of the 30mg of Cymbalta and I'm in a hell hole.

It's not so simple as you make it alto! We need to weigh many things in withdrawal, including QOL no variance between slow or fast, kids, job, holidays, social structure, physical constitution, years on meds, types of meds tried, previous botched attempts, etc... The list is endless...

We support cautious supplementation. Many supplements affect the CNS and can act as destabilizing influences. Three things we suggest around supplements:

1. It's best to get nutrition from foods.

2. Take a single nutrient supplement rather than a multi or a complex, e.g. magnesium alone as a citrate or glycinate rather than a multi-mineral formulation with calcium, potassium, iron, etc. It will be easier to identify what is causing a reaction if you have one.

3. Start low and go slow. To start take ¼ or ½ the amount recommended on the jar for a few days or longer. If no negative reaction, increase a small amount (another ¼ of the recommended amount) and monitor your symptoms.

1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

I just no longer believe in taking short cuts to healing.

What are the long cuts?????????.

Edited by scallywag
moved from another topic, added quote

• Moderator Emeritus

Probably should put that in your introduction and a moderator will guide you or give you a link.  It's here somewhere.  Rest assured.

Me thinks.........waiting longer between your 10% decreases than that which has been found to work pretty well for most. 

Edited by ChessieCat
darkened font

I've tried everything other than suicide. I'm a powerful fighter but I'm burning out like that small flickering flame.

It's a big holiday season in the Jewish faith and I'm totally not interested and in PJ's all day and night.

I'm not chickening, I'm being slaughtered. I have two lovely kids I'm now having increased difficulty caring for; it was much easier in prior withdrawals, maybe not, I just forgot...

• Moderator Emeritus

Okay.  Found your intro. now ccb.

Best of the rest of Sunday.

mmt

Edited by ChessieCat
darkened font

• Moderator Emeritus

I survived holidays last year........it wasn't fun........it wasn't pretty nor even cute..........they can be tough during W/D.........

And oh......I hear you.........hoping you can find some help with the lovely kiddo's or maybe you are neuroemoting  on it and it's not as bad as you presently percieve?  Someone started a thread awhile back here on parenting during withdrawal.  Try googling parenting during withdrawal survivingantidepressants.org

Many here who do it.  KarenB. is one.  She's a moderator too.

Hang on........and in.  Take a bath.  Go under the covers.  Put your ear buds in if you have them and find something mellow to listen to.  Watch baseball?  Play an inane game with the kids?

mmt

p.s.  I live for the conversations that I will have one day with my now grown adult boy/man child.  :)   I really do.

Edited by ChessieCat
darkened font

Hi.

About two months ago my holistic psychiatrist suggested I take milk thistle for elevated alkaline phosphatase. The ALT and AST were normal though.

Can it be that for whatever silly reason, y withdrawal now is way harder than previously due to the milk thistle?

Any ideas and explanations?

Thanks.

Alto,

Bring that I'm on only 30mg of Cymbalta and only 20mg of Viibryd, would it make sense to start tapering the seroquel 10% instead of the AD?

Especially since m6 symptoms are now mostly Apathy, lethargy, and depression, I might be suffering from too much cns suppression!

Morning apathy us worst.

Also, I'm not successful with Cymbalta nor viibryd withdrawal anymore.

Very sad , confused, and hopeless.

Sorry Alto, I meant 10mg of Viibryd, current.