SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ erer: CT from Cymbalta and in trouble with Zyprexa, Diazepam and Valdoxan

erer

erer, I have had such chemical destruction many times and I have recovered. I know it seems impossible at the time you are feeling those things, but they DO lift eventually. 

I remember having such intense fear just flowing over me, for no reason, constantly (it was 2009). it took reinstatement + several months to slowly recover, but I did come out of it. in 2012 I had fear, panic, suicidal thoughts and INTENSE emotional pain. I reinstated too late and it took very much time to start healing from that place, but it did happen slowly. you reinstated right away so I think you are in better place.

I reassure you: IT IS CHEMICAL. and it WILL pass. 

in 2002- 0,5 tablet cipramil for half a year, ended it uneventfully. in 2006 - citalopram for half a year, ended in horrific state, ditched the drugs CT. 2007-2008 not feeling well but drug free. in 2008 prozac 20mg + quetiapine 25mg. 2009 tried to stop, ended up in hole after couple of months, started zoloft. 2009-2011 zoloft 50mg. went to 25mg in 2011 summer, it resulted in half a year horrible suffering. reinstated, changed drugs, nothing happened. by 2012 beginning suddenly felt great and CT meds. after 4 months came suddenly most horrible human suffering that's possible. was started on prozac and questiapine. started tapering slowly, GFCF diet and Hardy Nutritionals vitamins in 2013 summer. 

current medications: 1) fluoxetine and quetiapine since Aug 2012; 2) Daily Essential Nutrients by Hardy Nutritionals 7 capsules / since May 2013 + omega3; 3) Gluten-free-casein-free diet since june 2013

Started withdrawing slowly since april 2013. Mostly around 10% cuts. 

April'13 - March'14: fluoxetine 40mg -> 19,5mg; quetiapine 50mg -> 40mg
April'14-March'15: fluoxetine 19,5mg -> 14,4mg; quetiapine 40mg -> 22mg

April'15-March'16: fluoxetine 14,4mg -> 7,4mg; quetiapine 22mg -> 15mg

April'16-March'17: fluoxetine 7,4mg -> 5,0mg; quetiapine 15mg -> 7,25mg

April'17-March'18: fluoxetine 5,0mg -> 4,0mg; quetiapine 7,25mg -> 0 (as of 1st Feb 2018)!!!!

April´18-March´19: fluoxetine 4,0mg - > 2,3mg. Jumped off fluoxetine 1,4mg due to pregnancy in July 2019. Oct 2019 severe withdrawal syndrome started.

Took mistakenly a complex for hormonal support that included pregnenolone dec2019-april2020. Stopped it april 2020 and immediately severe akathisia started. Have had life threatening akathisia since, 100% disabled, suicidal, very hard to hold on. 

I remember having such intense fear just flowing over me, for no reason, constantly (it was 2009). it took reinstatement + several months to slowly recover, but I did come out of it. in 2012 I had fear, panic, suicidal thoughts and INTENSE emotional pain. I reinstated too late and it took very much time to start healing from that place, but it did happen slowly. you reinstated right away so I think you are in better place.

I reassure you: IT IS CHEMICAL. and it WILL pass. 

This is very different somehow. I have had a lot of the intense everyday panic and fear periods, waking up early in the morning in a cramp of panic every day etc many times before connected to different triggers (and these periods lasted a long time). And it has been awful. But this, now, this is... it is inexplicable. It is actual acute fear of death. And there are no words to describe it. I have never experienced anything remotely close to it.

It is very different and I don't think I will ever be able to put it in words. I am doing better bit by bit, but it doesn't just seem enough. The fear of death has softened and for some days there have not been constant panic attacks. I wouldn't say it is bearable still though.

And the fear itself is different in a way, but I couldn't explain how. It is triggered by my own thoughts and fears that the worst moments will return. As I was very close (closest I've ever been) to killing myself the day that I sought help from my psychiatrist, I am very scared of that state recurring - when the suffering get so bad that I cannot take it any more. So my own fear of the worst state recurring is feeding the fear. Because now I have actually been in a situation which I would not have been able to survive without other people interfering. I hadn't before. Now I am afraid of myself. I am afraid of being alone and things getting so bad that I cannot handle them.

• 2,5 years of slowly tapering down Cymbalta from 60 mg. Then tried going from 8,44 mg to 1 mg in 8 days. (April 1st 2015). That's when the real hell started. Reinstated. Didn't help. I was added Ativan (2 mg 2 times a day for relentless akathisia that started with jumping Cymbalta). For years had been taking Zopitin 7,5 mg and Stilnox 10 mg for I had not been able to sleep naturally since the 1st day I started Cymbalta). Used to take Xanax occasionally.
  • All of the above were stopped cold turkey when I was hospitalized in the beginning of May 2015.
  • Prior to that I have been on and off the whole spectrum of different AD-s for 15 years (since I was 17).

My introduction.

Tapering:

• Olanzapine (starting point 2,1 mg): Jan 2016  /---/ April 2018 0 mg. (From 2,1 mg to 0 mg in 1y 3mo).
  • Diazepam (starting at 5 mg) : switching to liquid May 2018;  4,6 mg (June 2018) /---/ 0 mg (Feb 2020) (From 10 to 5 - nobody knows, from 5 to 0 in 1 y 10 mo)
  • Valdoxan (starting at 25 mg): switching to liquid (Feb 2019) /---/ 0 mg (July 2020)

I'm so sorry :(

I can totally relate. I've been scared of myself for a long time, due to same reasons. 

you were able to ask help though, so you did something yourself, in order to survive. 

I hope the worst passes soon. when you feel better then you can start to deal with this fear, and eventually get over this as well.

psychiatric drugs do traumatize people very thoroughly :(

in 2002- 0,5 tablet cipramil for half a year, ended it uneventfully. in 2006 - citalopram for half a year, ended in horrific state, ditched the drugs CT. 2007-2008 not feeling well but drug free. in 2008 prozac 20mg + quetiapine 25mg. 2009 tried to stop, ended up in hole after couple of months, started zoloft. 2009-2011 zoloft 50mg. went to 25mg in 2011 summer, it resulted in half a year horrible suffering. reinstated, changed drugs, nothing happened. by 2012 beginning suddenly felt great and CT meds. after 4 months came suddenly most horrible human suffering that's possible. was started on prozac and questiapine. started tapering slowly, GFCF diet and Hardy Nutritionals vitamins in 2013 summer. 

current medications: 1) fluoxetine and quetiapine since Aug 2012; 2) Daily Essential Nutrients by Hardy Nutritionals 7 capsules / since May 2013 + omega3; 3) Gluten-free-casein-free diet since june 2013

April'17-March'18: fluoxetine 5,0mg -> 4,0mg; quetiapine 7,25mg -> 0 (as of 1st Feb 2018)!!!!

April´18-March´19: fluoxetine 4,0mg - > 2,3mg. Jumped off fluoxetine 1,4mg due to pregnancy in July 2019. Oct 2019 severe withdrawal syndrome started.

Took mistakenly a complex for hormonal support that included pregnenolone dec2019-april2020. Stopped it april 2020 and immediately severe akathisia started. Have had life threatening akathisia since, 100% disabled, suicidal, very hard to hold on. 

• Moderator Emeritus

I do think you're on the right track erer.    What medications are you taking now?    

It is important that you allow your brain time to stabilize before starting to taper.    

It doesn't matter if it takes a few weeks , the main thing is to avoid the terrifying thoughts you were having.

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Thank you for writing. It really helps, when I get a fer encouraging words here and then.

It doesn't matter if it takes a few weeks , the main thing is to avoid the terrifying thoughts you were having.

This is the main struggle I am confronting every day. I wish there was a good technique for that.

• 2,5 years of slowly tapering down Cymbalta from 60 mg. Then tried going from 8,44 mg to 1 mg in 8 days. (April 1st 2015). That's when the real hell started. Reinstated. Didn't help. I was added Ativan (2 mg 2 times a day for relentless akathisia that started with jumping Cymbalta). For years had been taking Zopitin 7,5 mg and Stilnox 10 mg for I had not been able to sleep naturally since the 1st day I started Cymbalta). Used to take Xanax occasionally.
  • All of the above were stopped cold turkey when I was hospitalized in the beginning of May 2015.
  • Prior to that I have been on and off the whole spectrum of different AD-s for 15 years (since I was 17).

My introduction.

Tapering:

• Olanzapine (starting point 2,1 mg): Jan 2016  /---/ April 2018 0 mg. (From 2,1 mg to 0 mg in 1y 3mo).
  • Diazepam (starting at 5 mg) : switching to liquid May 2018;  4,6 mg (June 2018) /---/ 0 mg (Feb 2020) (From 10 to 5 - nobody knows, from 5 to 0 in 1 y 10 mo)
  • Valdoxan (starting at 25 mg): switching to liquid (Feb 2019) /---/ 0 mg (July 2020)

My main struggle are also terrible thoughts. Already for six months. I am so angry at doctors that they caused me thoughts similar to OCD when I was priorly healthy (I got the meds for pain). I fight the bad thoughts every day. Sometimes I am afraid I go crazy from them. I thought they should already dissappear, but still seem to come around. Therefore, I know how you feel. I think what we have in common is terrible anxiety and this shows itself in various irrational thoughts. I hope it will disappear by you soon. I try to tough it out also, because I do not want to take more meds if I did not need them in prior.

I wish you a nice and peaceful day.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

So sorry erer that it is so bad for you xxxx

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

*topic moved from symptoms section

My question is in the title. I've heard people taking as little as 20 mg per day as doctor prescribed but toes anyone have any information which dose of Cymbalta is considered still therapeutic (working, having any effect etc) by psychiatrists. If I told a doctor that I am on for example 10 mg would they note down for themselves that it cannot be considered any at all.

Q: What dosage of Cymbalta do doctors consider the minimal therapeutic dose (having any effect at all)?

My introduction.

Tapering:

I am feeling worse than ever before in my life. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I am in such a bad condition that I am considering letting them put me in a hospital and just do anything to me to make this agony stop. I am doing really-really bad. I am literally trying to stay alive until tomorrow's appointment.

2 min ago I was reading about switching to Prozac and was wondering if it would help and if it was something I would have courage to do.

I quit my 8,4mg Cymbalta very fast in the beginning of April and for now the extreme panic that lasts all day every day (with small windows from time to time) has not gone away after I reinstated 2 weeks ago. (I reinstated to 8,4 mg 2 weeks ago, but before that I tried being on 7,5 for a week aswell).

I really do not know what do do, I have no strength to fight this any more.

Can you tell me something about switching to Prozac (how much Prozac?) and what are the chances it would do me any good instead of killing me?

Also - would there be any point to updose to let's say 10 mg? Before coming off 8,4 mg cold turkey and falling into this hell I had a few weeks before accidentally made a 10% cut from my previous dosage (andl landed on 8,4 mg). Perhaps there is still time and I could stabilize on let's say 10 mg?

My introduction.

Tapering:

• Administrator

This could be answered by consulting Dr. Google or drugs.com.

The "therapeutic" dosage of any psychiatric drug has little meaning. It is a number set somewhat arbitrarily by the drug companies. Individuals react differently to dosages.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

The "therapeutic" dosage of any psychiatric drug has little meaning. It is a number set somewhat arbitrarily by the drug companies. Individuals react differently to dosages.

I am well aware of that. My question was what the belief among physicians is.

If Dr Google had answered my question, I would not have come here for extra help.

Your comment hurt my feelings.

My introduction.

Tapering:

• Administrator

drugs.com explains this in detail.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• Moderator Emeritus

If it were me , I would try that erer.  If you have a bad reaction you can always go back down.   If it helps , it will take about 4 days to get to a steady-state in your blood stream.

The preoccupation with thoughts of death and dying , as well as the despair , are part of akathisia.   It's important to know that none of the thoughts or sensations

can hurt you or kill you , and as you've found out , the intensity fluctuates.

When it's bad , remind yourself that it passes.

I don't know anything about switching to Prozac , but am sure others will respond soon.

xxx

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi erer,

I read through your thread from the beginning. I'm sorry you are going through this, I know how horrendous withdrawal symptoms can be and how terrifying it can get once your brain and nervous system goes into chaos. I've also been in that extreme place.

Earlier on in your thread, you were asking for suggestions, but then ignoring them and doing what you decided was best for you, which is fine. But it seems the result is that a bad situation got even worse.

The advice Lexy gave you not to stop from 8.44 would have been something I would have listened to. Following that, the advice Alto gave you below was probably your best bet. In my opinion, its still applicable.

erer: please stay at one dose for a while. Changing doses causes more uproar in your nervous system.

It may take some time for your body to register fully that you are taking 7.5mg now.

Also, as I came down from 8,44 - do you think it would make any difference if I reinstated to that or would it possibly stir things up even more. I have been on 7,4 now for 7 days.

I have accentuated the most important point.

I'm also concerned that xanax may be playing a role in your current destabilization. You were taking it every day for a while and may have developed a dependency and could be experiencing some withdrawal from that now too. Are you still taking any xanax? When was the last time you took it?

I have no idea if switching to Prozac would help, or make your situation worse. I wouldn't recommend trying it. You need to stabilize on something and that's not going to happen if you keep making changes.

Its not about finding the right dose, but providing stability so that your nervous system can settle back down again. Please read through our topic on reinstatement so you know what to expect:

About reinstating and stabilizing to stop withdrawal symptoms

You will stabilize eventually, but it may take weeks or months, until then have a look through the symptoms and self care section to find ways to manage the symptoms.  When you are ready to continuing tapering, I agree with others who have suggested a very slow micro taper of less than 3% or one bead at a time, with very long holds in between. Some people have a much harder time of getting off these drugs and need to go even slower than slow, you seem to be one of those people. When you are feeling up to it, maybe reading back through your thread would be helpful.

I hope your doctor appointment goes well, do let us know how you get on.

Petunia.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

I'm so sorry that you are doing so bad :(

I would NOT switch to prozac!!! you are already so destabilized. there is no way of knowing that prozac would help you. there's a good chance that it would make even a bigger mess.

I would either stay on the same dose OR go up to 10mg. when was the last time you were on 10mg?

I think withdrawal can be reversed only with reinstatement, so the same drug helps you. prozac is useful if the withdrawal is impossible due to short half-life and wild WD symptoms, but it doesn't cure withdrawal that has gone bad. 

Hi erer

I'm doing pretty bad at the moment too, so I know exactly how you feel. My days are unberable too. Just stopping by to encourage you that this will not last forever, but I think you need to stop making changes to your meds because you made so many changes already and I think that's what destabilized you, and the nervous system needs stability to function properly. If you could stick with the doses you're taking until you feel more stable, I think that would help you a lot. Don't forget that the terror is not real, it's chemically induced and you are not in any real danger. Try to calm yourself as much as you can, don't give in to the panic. I wish you the best and will be thinking of you and praying that you get some relief soon. Hand in there, I'm with you, you're not alone

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Experiencing waves and windows in the following months.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.
December - things getting even worse.

January - unbearable suffering

I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of and praying for you today, erer. I see that things are really bad for you right now. Hoping so much that you find even a small amount of relief today. Keep remembering that the fear, terror, etc. are chemically induced.

Hugs!

All that I can give you at this point is what I can remember. Will add more after I've called the zillions of doctors that I've had over the past 30 years. I have spent all day calling old insurance co's, etc to get the long list of doctors names that I once had, so will update this someday. Unfortunately, most records are no longer available. :(

Haven't started tapering yet. Will.

Currently am on:

• Cymbalta 60 mg/ daily - actually taking the generic for it. It is called Duloxetine
  • Wellbutrin XL 150 mg/ daily - taking the generic for this. It is called Bupropion XL
  • Naturethroid 3/4 grain/ daily - this is a natural dessicated thyroid med for my Hypothyroidism
  • Relpax only take as needed - for migraines

FINALLY started tapering Cymbalta by 5% reduction May 5, 2016

how are you doing? I'm thinking of you, too.

Wondering if erer had Dr. place her in hospital?

Wherever you are, erer, I am praying for you!

All that I can give you at this point is what I can remember. Will add more after I've called the zillions of doctors that I've had over the past 30 years. I have spent all day calling old insurance co's, etc to get the long list of doctors names that I once had, so will update this someday. Unfortunately, most records are no longer available. :(

Currently am on:

• Cymbalta 60 mg/ daily - actually taking the generic for it. It is called Duloxetine
  • Wellbutrin XL 150 mg/ daily - taking the generic for this. It is called Bupropion XL
  • Naturethroid 3/4 grain/ daily - this is a natural dessicated thyroid med for my Hypothyroidism

Hi erer

Please stop by to tell us how you feel. 

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.

Checking in again, erer.

May you sense the presence of God with you wherever you are at this moment! May you find healing!

Currently am on:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi.

I just wanted to say to those who were worried, that yes, I am alive. 

I am not sure whether it is appropriate to discuss here in this forum (please delete it if it isn't), but I am alive after attempting suicide and spending a month in hospital.

I am hanging on day by day and sometimes hour by hour. At home from hospital since yesterday.

I am off Cymbalta (cold turkey in ER intensive care and ever since after that). First weeks in hospital were...

Well, my state is still so very fragile and I am not sure I will ever find the strength to describe to someone what I have been through. 

My introduction.

Tapering:

Of course it's appropriate to discuss here. I'm so very sorry for what you've been through. But your off the Cymbalta. How long have you been off..?

Hoping only for improvement for you and that the trauma will go in time. I actually forgot before I WD this time how bad the previous attempts were. So I do think the trauma diminishes..

Xxx

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

I am not even sure whether this drug (that I am taking for 3 weeks now) even eventually got the FDA approval in USA or not, but it seems not many people have tried it.

So please - is there anyone who has any relevant or seemingly irrelevant info or suggestions for coming off Valdoxan (Agomelatine) safely?

Thank you!

My introduction.

Tapering:

I saw it mentioned in another forum. One person just said they had withdrawal symptoms, the other one said it was so bad after a month he had to go back on. But I don't know those people--I searched the internet for Valdoxan or agomelatine with "withdrawal" a few months ago out of curiosity.

(The Germanwings pilot was said to be on it.)

It's safe to assume withdrawal could be difficult with any 'antidepressant,' though.

The drug was not approved in the USA, by the way, so there's less discussion about it by English-speakers then there is with other drugs. (France would be a good place to look.)

I'd try to find out all I could, and let my doctor know I wanted to go off it.

2009: Cancer hospital said I had adjustment disorder because I thought they were doing it wrong. Their headshrinker prescribed Effexor, and my life set on a new course. I didn't know what was ahead, like a passenger on Disneyland's Matterhorn, smiling and waving as it climbs...clink, clink, clink.

2010: Post surgical accidental Effexor discontinuation by nurses, masked by intravenous Dilaudid. (The car is balanced at the top of the track.) I get home, pop a Vicodin, and ...

Whooosh...down, down, down, down, down...goes the trajectory of my life, up goes my mood and tendency to think everything is a good idea.
2012: After the bipolar jig was up, now a walking bag of unrelated symptoms, I went crazy on Daytrana (the Ritalin skin patch by Noven), because ADHD was a perfect fit for a bag of unrelated symptoms. I was prescribed Effexor for the nervousness of it, and things got neurological. An EEG showed enough activity to warrant an epilepsy diagnosis rather than non-epileptic ("psychogenic") seizures.

:o 2013-2014: Quit everything and got worse. I probably went through DAWS: dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome. I drank to not feel, but I felt a lot: dread, fear, regret, grief: an utter sense of total loss of everything worth breathing about, for almost two years.

I was not suicidal but I wanted to be dead, at least dead to the experience of my own brain and body.

2015: I  began to recover after adding virgin coconut oil and organic grass-fed fed butter to a cup of instant coffee in the morning.

I did it hoping for mental acuity and better memory. After ten days of that, I was much better, mood-wise. Approximately neutral.

And, I experienced drowsiness. I could sleep. Not exactly happy, I did 30 days on Wellbutrin, because it had done me no harm in the past. 

I don't have the DAWS mood or state of mind. It never feel like doing anything if it means standing up.

In fact, I don't especially like moving. I'm a brain with a beanbag body.   :unsure:

• Administrator

erer, I combined your new posts here.

No, Valdoxan was never approved in the US. It needs tapering just like everything else.

Now you're on Valdoxan? How do you feel? I see you're on diazepam and olanzapine, too, and tapering olanzapine.

How you feel on Valdoxan is very important.

erer,

I am so sad to have read what has happened. I hope and pray that this will never happen again.

I'm so sorry for the misery that you have endured and pray for your strength to increase.

<3

Currently am on:

erer,

I am so sad to have read what has happened. I hope and pray that this will never happen again.

I'm so sorry for the misery that you have endured and pray for your strength to increase.

<3

Thank you so very much, Felin!

My introduction.

Tapering:

erer, please know that I am thinking of you, and you know there are many other friends who are so thinking about you and praying that it gets better. we are with you in our thoughts. 

Hi dear, I was worried about you, I'm glad you're alive and sorry for what you had to endure

Regarding Valdoxan - I've taken it briefly for a month or so, it did nothing for me. The doctor told me it's a very safe drug and that's why it is so expensive, I read it doesn't cause withdrawal syndrome which would be very weird and strange since it's a psychoactive drug. 

Hi dear, I was worried about you, I'm glad you're alive and sorry for what you had to endure

Regarding Valdoxan - I've taken it briefly for a month or so, it did nothing for me. The doctor told me it's a very safe drug and that's why it is so expensive, I read it doesn't cause withdrawal syndrome which would be very weird and strange since it's a psychoactive drug. 

Are you still on Valdoxan or have you tried reducing or discontinuing the drug?

Also, I was also warned about the drug being very expensive by the hospital nurse, but later it turned out that with the discount I get (for some reason) it is cheaper for me than Cymbalta was.

My introduction.

Tapering:

Are you still on Valdoxan or have you tried reducing or discontinuing the drug?

Also, I was also warned about the drug being very expensive by the hospital nurse, but later it turned out that with the discount I get (for some reason) it is cheaper for me than Cymbalta was.

I was put on Valdoxan briefly in 2011 (if my memory is correct). I took it for about a month but it did absolutely nothing for me, so I just stopped taking it. That was before I had issues with withdrawal and could discontinue drugs without any problems. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi erer, are you still there? How are you doing? I'm worried about you.

Hi erer, are you still there? How are you doing? I'm worried about you.

I am still here. Just struggling really-really hard every day.

My introduction.

Tapering:

good to hear, that you're still here, although I'm terribly sorry, that you are still in so bad condition :( thinking of you. 

good to hear, that you're still here, although I'm terribly sorry, that you are still in so bad condition :( thinking of you. 

Thank you! Things are, unfortunately, still really very bad.

My introduction.

Tapering: