SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Marco Seroquel and Deprakine (Depakote)

Marco

I been on a 1000 mg of Deprakine(Depakote)and 400mg of Seroquel.

I tapered Deprakine successfully by dry cutting to 500mg. Started with Seroquel liquid titration 1mg a day. 120days and 120mg was away smoothly- then whole family got stomach flu and I got to put it back up, after a week tried to take 20mg away and hold but WD was bad and I had to put it back again.

Could you please send me a spreed sheet of the best form of tapering?

Is there recomended amout of time I shoul wait after trying again?

Deprakine(Depakote)1000mg down to 500mg

Seroquel 400mg-380mg

back up to 400mg :excl:

20mg away awful WD :ph34r:

400mg back :excl:

:angry: ready to get it down to 200mg c

• Administrator

Welcome, Marco.

Please read

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Taking multiple psych drugs? Which drug to taper first?

Tips for tapering off Seroquel (quetiapine)

If you have any questions, please put them in this Intro topic, which is where you can track your progress.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Maybe it was covered before but I couldn't find it-

during taper I got hung over like feeling in the morning which goes away about 4 p.m.

Does anybody got same problem? What helps it dissapear or ease?

Thanks in advance!

Seroquel 400mg-380mg

I started taper in October from 400mg 1mg per day, it went very well to 380mg only with little dizziness, then whole family got stomach flu and I throw up for 3 days so I freak out and took it back to 400 mg in March for one week. Then I started from 400 again. After 20 days withdraw kick in strongly- very bad hang over feeling. It was on hold for 3days and I took it back up. Its been up 7 days, 16.04 I started again 5mg away from 400 mg and holding and now no way I will take it back again. I experience lower back pain or kidneys and awful hang over felling, nerousness, no mania or psychosis, depression. When I take liquid 195mg its not hitting me as it used to in the evening. I got WD only in the morning to about 4 p.m. Jumping up and down was probably bad thing to do...What do you think I should do?

Seroquel 400mg-380mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Marco , welcome.

If you look in the Tapering section , you'll see this site recommends tapering by no more than 10% at a time.

Then sitting for at least 3 or 4 weeks before decreasing again.   You've had a taste of withdrawal and the point is

to avoid withdrawal symptoms as your brain adjusts to each level on the way down.

The symptoms you are having now should resolve , but that may take at least a month after your recent hiccup.

I'd be inclined to stay on 395mg until you've been symptom-free for a few weeks.

Are you using a combination of liquid and tablets?    

Try looking in the Symptoms and Self Care section for suggestions on how to manage different symptoms.

Good to have you here , it should be a smoother ride down this time.

Best wishes , Fresh

p.s. if you click FOLLOW at the top right , you'll receive an email each time someone posts.

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Thanks for your advices!

Yes, I take 200mg pill and 195 mg of liquid. Is there a difference on how the liquid(well made out from crushed pill and dissolved in water) works?

40mg away which is 10% seems quite much. Is it somehow better then even smaller amounts? 

I been on Seroquel 8 years. I was considering taking 5ml away every 2 weeks.

Today I feel much better already but might wait for the next reduction for one more week.

Greetings!

Seroquel 400mg-380mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Some people find it easier to do smaller drops than 10% , whatever you feel comfortable with.

You can stay at each level however long you want . . . you want to be symptom -free for a couple of weeks before

each decrease (in my opinion) , to give your cns a chance to stabilize.  

After your recent fluctuations , it's sensible to wait longer rather than plough ahead.

It's good to hear you're feeling better today.

I wondered if you're using the slow-release seroquel?    I found it easier to taper from that than immediate release - I guess

because it gives longer coverage.   

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

• Administrator

Welcome, Marco.

Yes, we have many people here tapering with a combination of tablets and liquid they make themselves.

You have been getting withdrawal symptoms when you reduce the dose, that is the hangover feeling.

Going up and down confuses the nervous system even more.

How much Seroquel are you taking now?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

400mg. What would you advice now to relax nervous system after those jumps? Shall I wait with further reductions?

And then smaller dose or 10%?

Seroquel 400mg-380mg

• Administrator

Yes, let your nervous system relax before trying another decrease. You will want to decrease at a rate that does not upset your nervous system.