SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ manymoretodays: off many years of many medications

manymoretodays

• Moderator Emeritus
Any comments on protein powder......the whey isolate kind?  Helpful for addicts and withdrawlers?

Here are a couple of threads relating to protein powders:

whey protein isolate

Protein causing anxiety?

Personally, I can't tolerate whey protein, it increases my symptoms, I have just started using pea protein for my smoothies and I've been ok with that.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

I have had the same experiences as Petunia with whey and pea powders

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks SS. 

Yes.....I think the best I can do is try for the lowest dose possible.  Only made it 2 weeks really.  I take approx. 1.25 mg. 3x/day.  Approximate is the best I can do with a bunch of ill cut pills.  Save the equipment for later purposes.  I just had to get out of the worst of it.  I do feel less prone to irritable off the Trileptal.  Could just be a placebo effect but it is better for my spirit.

Got Magnesium.......pfft but not citrate......I just wasn't paying attention so can bring that back.  Found some Hyland's calms in a drawer and I think the propanolol I have may be helpful if I really need a calmer.

Baby baby steps.......quit beating myself up........

Back to affirmations meditation and then maybe do just a bit more than I did yesterday.  Keep it all in perspective.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

Hmmmm......just saw the other posts on protein powders.  Yikes.........  I guess I will have to carefully observe what happens.......will let you know.  Seems like the blender stuff is just the easiest option for now to get some fruits and veggies in as well as calories......and hate to be protein less in the meantime.  Cooking or other meal preparation is still such a stretch.......

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Administrator

You may have to ask your doctor for a refill of the Adderall.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

Yes.....for sure.  The last one was filled on March 31 and my appointment is April 27th so will have to wait until then.  See if I can settle in with the 1.25mg. 3x/day.

So nice though......such a nice reprieve from the irritability and even the depression seems lifted some off the Trileptal.  Not sure if I have taken Acyclovir either.......   And going real easy on the L-methyl.   Obviously I am not real sure what I am doing yet but just grateful to be 6 mos. off Lexapro.  No headaches, body aches today of note.  Vision less blurry.

I think I did okay on the first protein powder in the blender concoction.  A few tears during interactions with people but nothing like before.  Got thrown off by my son coming over but was able to help him a bit taking care of parking tickets.  So a quiet day today after that.   Still celebrating somewhat my outing of yesterday.  And feeling so much less desperate..... :)

• Moderator Emeritus

Holy hemmeroid. Yup. Painful all last night. ? Spelling. But...can laugh about it. Hylands Calm netted me a nap today and a dream! About food and my boy. So thankful for a bit of happiness. Healing hemmeroid today. Strangely optimistic.

• Moderator Emeritus

AND.......almost forgot......it just comes and goes.  But ode to May 13th.......and for the love of Scott......it has been a whole year now since the suicide of my loved one.  Just taking some happy memories down from a shelf in my brain.  He believed in me.  Kind of feeling the presence a bit.........and you know folks.......we just got to hang on in until it is our natural time........take what comes and all that........not go all crazy with it all.

Holy hemorrhoid(just had to check that spelling as last post was from droid).  Holy hemorrhoid and ode to Scott!!! :wub:

• Moderator Emeritus

p.s.  protein powder not agreeable at this time.......just the hemorrhoid is enough details.

• Moderator Emeritus

I think bananas and applesauce will suffice for today.  Water.  Tearful all morning........I mean if one thinks too much about a lot of this stuff it IS sad.  I've got to find my way back to being a little sprig of joy and learn how to roll better with the punches. 

Anyway......just coming around to my better mind time of day.  Trying to feel my inner strength and resolve.

I'm sorry. It IS sad! Some people have used baby formula or Ensure-type things when digestion just isn't working.

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

56 years old

• Administrator

TMI here -- I found the injection treatment to work well for hemorrhoids.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• Moderator Emeritus

Sorry for TMI.  I have no idea of what injection treatment is nor means at this point to see any Dr. who would care.  TV and curling up in bed as much as possible.......hoping for hope and life.

• Moderator Emeritus

Posting.  Here.  Slept.  Eating just a little.  The Dr. actually brought my L-methyl to the house yesterday.......so will try just one a day.  I could not talk much nor ask for further help from him.  Not sure anymore when the good times of day occur. 

Maybe I can try and venture out tomorrow.  That seemed to help briefly. 

This past week it seems like lifetimes have been lived through.......I'm pretty sure that doesn't make much sense but maybe to someone.......

So thankful for the rain and icky cool weather and trying to get a grip on silence........maybe the bird songs hold the healing........

• Moderator Emeritus

Really excited about eating some macaroni and cheese soon.  Staying hydrated so this can't be dehydration, but having a bit of a pleasant thought disorder period today.  I never see or hear stuff(well rarely with the hearing stuff) but just have kind of pleasant shifts to this peace and calmness that tells me it will all turn out alright.

Hoping the mac and cheese results in a really good nap and when I awake I can watch the final episode of Mad Men.  That old episodes have been playing back to back for my distraction and enjoyment, it has been a Godsend.

I know you're having such a hard time, glad for any peaceful moments you can find!

56 years old

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you.

Have had some company the last day or so and that helps.

I mean I know I can't go back in time to last July or so.......when I jumped from 5mg. of Lexapro(tablet) to 3mg. of liquid, instead of tapering slowly and possibly avoiding the expensive hospitalization.  And I think also that back in Jan. 2014 when the pharmacy switched to yet another generic escitalopram that things started getting harder.  And I know I can't re instate at this 6 mos. point and expect anything(too late).  So have just got to make the best of it somehow.

I am not really finding anything significant symptom wise to the stopping of Trileptal that couldn't otherwise be seen as protracted withdrawal from the Lexapro.

Really just a victim of the times but so do not want to be a victim. 

At least some are hearing me......believing me.......and family may come.......will be brief if so........thinking maybe I should just ask for their travel money, although don't know that one can even buy their way out of this kind of suffering.  But maybe look into that place in Sedona that someone mentioned somewhere here.  If you remember that post please enlighten me.  As I know, I just know that a few weeks of respite, and community would help so much and strengthen me further.

• Administrator

We do not recommend the Alternative to Meds Center.

• Moderator Emeritus

Copy that and thank you as always........  respectfully MMT

• Moderator Emeritus

May 19th.  Tuesday.

Company still here and ready to try being alone again with all of this.  But alas, I do cherish the ones who can just let me be while being here physically.

Working on trying to figure out what the birds might be saying to each other in their pleasant chirping......they all seem pretty happy.

Witnessed an amazing hailstorm yesterday......brief but kind of an unexpected rarity.  Marble sized hail I would estimate.

That's about it.  A few moments of forgetting all about WD symptoms.  Thanks.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for the update MMT, I love the description of the birds, that kind of thing helps us through the dark days! I'm glad you have been comfortable with your company and getting some relief.  :)

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the note mammaP.

I just thought I would mention on that other hemorrhoid thing.  I think I know what the injection method is now Alto.  Also.......happy to report..........  :lol:

Out today with company.  Only brief tears after the adderal wore off.  It felt so good to put on some makeup and wash hair and exfoliate.  So.......will work harder on indoor/outdoor wear and getting comfortable with outings on my own.  Everything is soooooo slow now......I mean even with the adderal.    A little bit of head clearing.....comes and goes........ and usually daily something on the internet cracks me up.......I mean I think I will always read things kind of different or backwards or something from the rest........once in awhile anyway but I am sooooo used to it and I do love a good chuckle.

• Moderator Emeritus

I remembered Geodon too last night.  So glad I am clear of atypical antipsychotics.  This just a note to myself so hopefully one day I can sort out all the wild effects I have had from some of the drugs.

I don't know how I convinced myself to get out of bed at all today but starting to shift just a bit.  It is gonna be a 3.75mg. day of Adderal for sure.  3 1.25mg. doses.

I saw a question above that I didn't answer too.  I used to just take 2.5mg. at about one pm before I had tried to go off it.

I am not really a pink person but this color just grabbed me today.

Gonna just try and be.  I am worth it.  Pretend maybe that I feel great.

Thank you David Letterman.  Last show last night.

• Moderator Emeritus

It seems important to post something daily.

Honestly.......I am playing around with both the trileptal and adderal now as I can't seem to stick to records or recording much.  On the adderal I think the highest dose taken is a total of 5mg.   Some days 2.5mg.  Trileptal I just used yesterday.......I tried 2 doses of 150mg.

At most a good stretch of a 4 hr. total sleep.  No dreams.  And then often to a semi fugue state for several more hours.

State of mind stays pretty relaxed.  Neck and sometimes back pain is difficult but manageable.  Random headaches.

Weight loss.  Not good for me........no reason to weigh what I did 3 decades ago.  I wasn't heavy going into this.  I'm sure nobody has some kind of high calorie meal plan with tolerated vitamins and proteins for the simple mind.  I mean I do my best.  Generally by noon I eat something.........banana........maybe a sandwich or cereal.  Dinner is usually whatever.......frozen.........take out.

So non the less.  Not panicked.  I was able to do some previously soaking dishes and get them in the dishwasher.  Hoping to put them away and stay on top of them.  Not sure if I will get to the counters.  Or even one load of laundry would be a coup.

I think comfortably numb to most of my symptoms is probably a good way to put it.  Headaches sometimes.

Not sure anymore if anyone understands this.......me........my whys.  My mother couldn't get how I could not go to see a Dr. for the hemorrhoid.........you know......take action, etc.  After reading some lighter success stories.........I am sure folks get this..........this general "can't see the doctor" thing anymore.

My psychiatrist appt. is looming........5 more days.  I am hoping to take somebody with me at least...........I need more adderal for sure.  In tablets that are lower doses.  I am just hoping to be able to stay focused and peaceful.........  I think after the last hospitalization at least they have me pegged more as "ultra drug/medication sensitive" rather than non-compliant.  She is no worse than most psychiatrists.  She was the one who saw me shortly after coming off of MAOI's in maybe the year 2000.  Took me off a mini Zoloft dose from my previous doc and ramped me up with Effexor and Remeron........bipolarized me basically.  Started the first of the antipsychotics.  Now she has me listed as "depression" again........I think that keeps her safe.  And I mean I am safe at this point.  Suicidal ideation gone.  Doing my best to stay alive.

I mean I am not going to apologize as I know that you guys get it.........how hard it is to keep records right now and write stuff down.........and get a nice merry(ha ha) organized life going again.  When I think about the other withdrawals that at the time I often didn't even know were withdrawals..........it just seems I would get to a point several mos. in to be a bit more courageous about life and do more of what I consider living vs. this present surviving.

Oh the ironic thing of her.  Her Buddhist teachings.  Really helpful sometimes.  But I know she is aware of the harm she has done to many but just can't change her lifestyle, etc.  I don't know.  I could quietly ask if she would be willing to change my diagnosis to  ????  

A lot of rambling.  I know.  I had to try.

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh yeah......Just remembered.  I am going to try and go back on my hormones when they come in the mail........finally got the prescription updated.  Maybe that will help with my sleep. 

I will keep you posted.

Sometimes it helps me to think that there really is a reason for this kind of life mess up.......that I will figure it out.

Anyway......it was just happenstance that I went off them......ran out, took ages to get the script to the compounding pharmacy..........

• Moderator Emeritus

I don't know.......anybody got any ideas for self discipline?  I mean like should I pick just one small thing for tomorrow and then praise myself like never before.  I can see I am getting lost in staying lost.

My company/family member is leaving tonight and I don't want to get lost in the helpless, can't take care of myself deal.

I did get an angel to go with me to the psychiatrist next week.  The driving alone would have been stressful and I need someone to time the visit as well......so I don't go over 20 minutes.......otherwise I get stuck with a $45.00 co pay.

I am pretty sure it would be non-sensical for me to go back on any amount of Lexapro after now 7 mos. off.  Correct?  And I can't imagine Prozac in any quanity.......it was one of my first meds. some 27 yrs. ago and the memory of how much worse I felt on it would deter me.

And is this too crazy that I bumped off the Trileptal other than 150mg. here or there?  It sure helped me almost 2 weeks ago when the internal agitation came on.

Yowser........self doubt and worry coming on........but also I think as the hour of 6pm comes........I get some clearing.  Not really brain fog.......just a general disconnect feeling.

Okay thanks...........

• Moderator Emeritus

Poof......just remembered I need to call my therapist and set up a time for probably a phone visit.  I think she said last time she would still talk with me.............

So......I have that to do.

I also generally talk to the warm line here every couple of days at least.......of course they are part of a general mental health system and no one can relate to withdrawal but it is a good test of me just being able to shoot the breeze and stay upbeat and positive which sometimes requires a mental shift.

Sometimes the tears start up after the 3pm 1.25 mg. adderal........but not as bad as before.

I just want my brain back!!!!  I will now imagine the neuroplasticity taking place at this very moment in time.........shift, shift, new healthy connections, etc.  And poof......cured.  :D   Actually I like the word healing over recovery now.

• Moderator Emeritus

Good morning.

Getting back on my bioidenticals x2 nights now has helped with sleep I think.  But I don't really know anything about anything so maybe it is just placebo effect.

Eating, appetite, cleaning, organization, trying a little harder seems to be all in the toilet.  All or any of those things that seem important to just sustaining life.

No real suicidal ideation but now usually in the morning hours I just feel ready........oh so ready......for some system to just give out completely on it's own and take me from this kind of existance.  I mean no plans to hasten death.  One doesn't make plans when they are in this state.

I imagine I will live to get to my psychiatrist appointment next week.  I am not strong anymore.  I may just take whatever she offers and hope for the best.  I don't know what else to do.  I've got plenty of cut up pills of adderal.  And I honestly, at this moment..........don't feel like I am up to going into the pharmacy myself........so best to be on stuff that others can pick up for me.

Prayers please and some divine intervention.

• Moderator Emeritus

Toying with the idea of the hospital again.........next week.

I don't know why the long weekend got to me.  I need a caregiver and that is unrealistic. 

And encouragement.

I guess I need to fold on any efforts of being free of psycho meds.  Too old.  Too weak.

May I wrap my head around it all and be somehow healthily mentally ill for life dependent on the ever changing meds.

May God be with me. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Sending blessings MMT ,  you really will get through this , even though it doesn't always feel like it.

I used Sustagen in warm milk every day when I was sick - easy on the tum and replaces one healthy meal.

You might try anusol , or scheriproct ointment from the pharmacy.

Do you have people who can do some shopping for you?

xxx   Fresh

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Yes keep going..

I'm sorry you feel so bad xxx

Big hugs xx

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

• Administrator

If anything, I would get another prescription for Adderall so you can reinstate and taper properly.

• Moderator Emeritus

Yup.  I'll see if the shrink remembers what I was on when I came out of the hospital.  And get either 2.5mg. tabs or 5mg.  The thing is today I took 1.25mg. but somehow am all speeded up in not a good way.  Brainstem amygdala effects with nothing to do with much of any thing that would rationally trigger that. 

And holy torpedos I am begging for a tranquilizer aka antipsychotic or atypical.  Short term and maybe I will be more chill by Dr. Day and I won't feel the need.

And Lord this stuff, this withdrawal ugha is ugly......mean.........bad.

Insomnia with a bite........urrgh.  Had it out with God verbally.  Paced.  300 now of trileptal and a very mild beer.

Sleep is coming don't ya know.

Thankyou for Aussie food suggestions.  We have instant breakfast and ensure here.  Twas dinner.  And yah.......trying to see if my ex will do it and create a healthy menu for me.  Or Merlene.  I need to feel a little more chill to calm and in some manner that appeals to others...........make assignments.  Spread it out amongst a few.  People react to this bad energy........I don't want to burn anyone out.    Ready to put an ad somewhere for a live in human caretaker but my trust issues preclude this.  This said in a humorous way.  But honest......all these pervasive fears about my safety and folks taking advantage of me.

Anyway........I have been trying to reach out today.......I feel a bit too dramatic about it though.  Will see what happens. 

Thankyou LoveandLight.

Did I say something about Divine Intervention already.  Or was that when I spoke to God.   Anyway.......you guys are Divine Intervention tonight.  Don't let it go to your heads or anything but I am finally calming and was tickled to have replies.  A few moments of relief.

• Moderator Emeritus

Ooops....just saw that on anusol and something else.  However.........I am happy to report that the hemorrhoid is history.  All better.  Elimination intact.

I won't let it go to my head haha :D

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

Hi MMT,

I just read your thread. I had quite a time with Adderall and Ritalin and I think I know where your head was at in your earliest messages. I could barely read or type. Paying bills, even turning on a radio were just not possible.

I didn't know how I impaired I was, but I knew this was a different way of life. Looking back, I wish I had just stayed in bed and done nothing but make sure I was nourished and that my bills were paid. There was also some Effexor withdrawal in the mix, and I ended up having minor seizures, and then an EEG. I was told that I had intractable epilepsy. It was that bad! I didn't know how to get proper care and basically just rode it out [with life complications]. It was two years ago.

I don't see any reason to push yourself to do anything but be safe and warm and fed. I was putting too much pressure on myself until a few months ago, when I dropped some activities and decided I didn't have to accomplish anything impressive ever again, unless I wanted to and it didn't add time- and performance pressures to my days.

On the 18, your posts started to come back together. Did you notice that? Did anything special happen just before that?

I don't know anything about Lexapro so I won't try to answer that. About Trileptal..one side effect I just saw on drugs.com was rectal bleeding, just FYI.

And on that note...

I hope you have a restful morning.

WC

2009: Cancer hospital said I had adjustment disorder because I thought they were doing it wrong. Their headshrinker prescribed Effexor, and my life set on a new course. I didn't know what was ahead, like a passenger on Disneyland's Matterhorn, smiling and waving as it climbs...clink, clink, clink.

2010: Post surgical accidental Effexor discontinuation by nurses, masked by intravenous Dilaudid. (The car is balanced at the top of the track.) I get home, pop a Vicodin, and ...

Whooosh...down, down, down, down, down...goes the trajectory of my life, up goes my mood and tendency to think everything is a good idea.
2012: After the bipolar jig was up, now a walking bag of unrelated symptoms, I went crazy on Daytrana (the Ritalin skin patch by Noven), because ADHD was a perfect fit for a bag of unrelated symptoms. I was prescribed Effexor for the nervousness of it, and things got neurological. An EEG showed enough activity to warrant an epilepsy diagnosis rather than non-epileptic ("psychogenic") seizures.

:o 2013-2014: Quit everything and got worse. I probably went through DAWS: dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome. I drank to not feel, but I felt a lot: dread, fear, regret, grief: an utter sense of total loss of everything worth breathing about, for almost two years.

I was not suicidal but I wanted to be dead, at least dead to the experience of my own brain and body.

2015: I  began to recover after adding virgin coconut oil and organic grass-fed fed butter to a cup of instant coffee in the morning.

I did it hoping for mental acuity and better memory. After ten days of that, I was much better, mood-wise. Approximately neutral.

And, I experienced drowsiness. I could sleep. Not exactly happy, I did 30 days on Wellbutrin, because it had done me no harm in the past. 

I don't have the DAWS mood or state of mind. It never feel like doing anything if it means standing up.

In fact, I don't especially like moving. I'm a brain with a beanbag body.   :unsure: