SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ manymoretodays: off many years of many medications

manymoretodays

• Moderator Emeritus

Hugs Marsha,

It's gross really.  Sickeningly gross.  The pain in my mouth was near excruciating last night.  However, I did manage some sleep and I am most grateful for another day.  Perhaps a better day......a really well day........a positive healing/recovery day and acceptance of all that comes now.  I have a few spots on my face as well and they are still coming......mostly on my extremities.  I'm about a week into it.  Ibuprofen helps for about 4 hours with the mouth pain and I have some homeopathic poultices(?? where I get these words) that I put in my mouth or just swish with the solution.  Apparently full healing will be awhile.......I will have all these hyper pigmented spots remaining for months.  Kind of wishing I did some kind of glamor pic prior to this........for my soon to be 60th year.........oh well, there is always airbrushing.  I do have all the right stuff inside and that is what matters. 

I'm off to my GP and.........decisions, decisions........it's pretty clearly not Lyme disease........... and maybe........ on an antiviral.  I have to stock up on some.......well....."with a straw" foods that I can liquify and may try some bone broth(I have some......it's all the rage in the health food stores now too) just to keep my energy up.  Working on decent calories too........no weight drops....... so my body is cooperating that way.  Hoping that some sun therapy is recommended as well.........I have been real cautious this past week but getting out there........outside........as well as to a few meetings and the market, etc.

Maybe another week of this?  And why?  It's beyond me.........

Great on the vocational rehab.........and your giving that a try.  I will see if I am able to do a brief class........it starts on July 12th, I believe..........kind of administrative assistant type stuff with an emphasis on computer usage skills..........I think that there is another one that follows it..........then I may have something to offer for an employer and doing paid work.   Part time.  Perhaps out of my home.   I'm good through August I think........financially.  I have some car repairs to take care of..........of course I do, what else is new?  And may need to cancel further travel for a long while. 

Still grateful.........very much so.........for all those that have come to my aid for so very long now............this, I mean this life that I have..........it's enough.  Better days soon the PA said.  Yes, there will be.

Love, Peace, Healing/Recovery, Growth, and sure.........throw in some positive intentions, prayers for the likes of me and my loved ones and all of you so very like me............

I'll switch to comedy later on today..........

mmt

p.s. that really helped.......thanks

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Ahhh mmt. Just when you were gaining some momentum. But, as we say up here, "It's jam or jelly, either or the other, it all comes out in the wash."  I am having to start nystatin and mycopryl for my digestive issues, among other things don't you know. Hugs to you too mmt. 

I am not a medical professional. My comments and posts are based on personal experiences. Please consult appropriate medical professionals for advice. 

I was started on psych drugs back in the late 80's. You name it. I probably was on it. Tapered off final cocktail 2013-2019. For Hashimotos and high blood pressure I take Levothyroxine. Liothyronine. Spironolactone. Hydrochlorothiazide. Losartan. B12 hydroxy. Fish oil w/D3. Bee pollen. Magnesium Glycinate.

• Moderator Emeritus

GP says do the doxyclycine.  So I will.  I have plenty of kefir.  It will go smoothly.  I don't want to risk it.  He may be able to do some test next visit so that's good.  No on the antiviral......it was great, seriously.........the pharmacist was concerned with the script and pulled me aside and told me how hard on the liver that stuff was.  My A-liver enzymes were fine when checked but I am not going do any antiviral medication at this time.

And.......I'm NOT infectious.  Yay!  Not sure about eating barbecue food and certainly no citrus-y.  I will however, put my flag out today.

So.......I am doing well.  No real momentum lost.  Grateful for the holiday break.  It sure feels like things are coming together for me a bit.  Feeling hopeful about a paycheck before 2018 anyway.  Doing what needs to be done is just not that hard anymore.

Happy 4th of July,

manymoretodaysmorem

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh yah........had a bit of "heart" pain......not really even pain but a dullness which is now gone.  Just noting. 

Good to hear no momentum lost. Happy to hear it's getting easier.  :rolleyes:

I am not a medical professional. My comments and posts are based on personal experiences. Please consult appropriate medical professionals for advice. 

I was started on psych drugs back in the late 80's. You name it. I probably was on it. Tapered off final cocktail 2013-2019. For Hashimotos and high blood pressure I take Levothyroxine. Liothyronine. Spironolactone. Hydrochlorothiazide. Losartan. B12 hydroxy. Fish oil w/D3. Bee pollen. Magnesium Glycinate.

• Moderator Emeritus

It is.  Easier.  Some days not as easy but not as not as easy as they once were. 

So.....well.....day 3 of my antibiotic.  Just in case it was acute Lyme disease.  I am doubtful as it is pretty rare in these parts.......yet........why risk it?  Other than the fact that some of the side effects listed of my antibiotic are well.......we all know how that goes........  I'm not sure what test my GP might run on Monday as far as a basic test for the possibility of Lyme.  I don't have many of the acute symptoms.   And I don't know.......maybe I won't have to do the whole 10 days of the antibiotic........hope, hope.  Ibuprofen has helped and I am able to reduce the frequency of it.  I slept well last night for the first night in many..........wow, what a difference that can make.  So........hopefully healing from another weird one to add to my weirdness.  Normal.........so over rated.  Completely so.

And I am happy to report that it appears that all systems are improving really.  My energy is better.  The Erythema Multiforme comes with a dose of malaise/fatigue.  At least today.......better, really good.   And if I keep busy.......prioritize and all that.......it's all good, going well. 

Hoping to get to pm yoga tonight.  Enlightening committee meeting today.......I mean as far as how all the wheels turn........and I don't quite know where I am going with this all.......yet........learning..........and appreciating some of those who express better than I do sometimes..........learning from them really.  Understanding a bit more.  It's a start.  Hopeful.

I hope the force stays with me.  It sure has so far despite the worst........lest I forget.  I won't.  It's my greatest asset.  Truly.  I hope that I can always live in peace being slightly outside of this box or that box.  Sometimes I get a little scared.  I do.  Or worried.  Or feel guilty of something or other.

Working on possible travel plans with family input(I mean they are my hotel).......and Mum..........I hope it works out how I want it to too.  We'll see. 

Plentiful volunteer commitments to be had.......that's for sure.  And I am excited for the next meeting of a totally peer run something to be.  I'm not the leader on this.  I find this so awesome too.  Ahhhh......gathering all my nuts for winter........lol.     Soooo........hoping I can squeeze in this 20 hour class.......and become more marketable for pay.  Doing good keeping commitments unless a priority comes first.......I mean I think I am improving.

Gratitude.  Wow.  Unbelievable.........I found myself spewing tears and snot this morning.........and will, I promise.............pay it forward.  Do my best.

Love, Peace, Growth, Recovery/Healing,

manymoretodays

p.s.  yes, I'm working on it........the success story..........long form first and creatively..........and I just want to know that I have had some time before I put it out here.........see how this all goes........feel free to read any or some of my journal/introduction in the meantime. 

Best of all intentions to you all.  Sincerely.

Well done mmt. I am not at the point yet where I can express myself as you are doing. Short snippets here and there of growth,  navigating, feeling it out. I guess. I have had one Lyme test done, which was negative, but I think I read somewhere, not sure where, that the definitive testing is one that has to go to CDC? I did not have that one done. Isn't sleep just wonderfully healing? So happy you got some decent sleep. Hope all goes well for you. But, well, it all comes out in the wash one way or another, I think.:wub:

• Moderator Emeritus

Yah......my symptoms did not rate enough for CDC testing.  ;)  I mean they are pretty strict about the criteria and I luckily......did not meet it for acute Lyme.  That's a yay!!!  My target lesion didn't even look like the online ones........a little like the ones in my dermatology text.........the one blister is what got me concerned.

Maybe I had/have walking pneumonia(mycoplasma).   The erythema multiforme is interesting but with a ton of unknowns.  Maybe it was from the trileptal even.......I am more than 6 mos. off of it........still, could be.

Happily, hopefully on the healing end and the bonus.........cut down on the smoking a bit more.........!  So there is that.

Yup......wash, rinse, dry.........:)B).........next.......? :wacko:

Yoga was great.  Today good.  Ahhhhhh........such a short week, eh?

Sheesh. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh my........this is so great.  And........it does, really make me smile and hold my head up high.  Thank you Pepita.  This came from the symptoms and self care section here at survivingantidepressants.org......  I wish that those flags shown were all green.  I do love especially the boat and the water........and the rain and the rails and rocks.  I love visuals.  Oh......I love music too.  Anyway........to today!  And.......

Best, L,P,R/H, and growth,

mmt

Hi everyone:) Recently I found a very representative sketch of the WD path to recovery;) Hope it makes you smile as well

2017-06-06-PHOTO-00000315.jpg

• Moderator Emeritus

Ferris wheel report:  we did not take a ride on it.  It was $6.00 per person per ride.  It wasn't that really..........it was just that it appeared to be going in the wrong direction........I mean........seriously.........would you ride a backwards Ferris wheel?  And then I thought about the view and all that..........I mean don't get me wrong but that section of Paradise is fairly unchanged for a good while.........and not a whole lot to feel inspired by..........a couple busy roads, a few old buildings, a bit of traffic, some pretty strange looking folks in the heat too.........  Sun was not too, well........ not at all disappointed.  I got some good candid pics of him with my phone camera, which is........really great.

Hmmmm.......there was something else pressing too.........Oh yah.......good movie.......really........Hidden Figures.........inspirational.

And now I want to go travel to see the full solar eclipse on August 21st as I was reading about it in my Almanac(:huh:).  Apparently people in the past have felt and done interesting things when it occurs........nothing unsafe, mind you.  The Almanac is good reading!

Sundays..........ahhhness,

mmt

• Moderator Emeritus

Ahhhhh........Monday, monday.  A nice normal work week.  I had thought my follow up appointment was today with my GP Dr.  Not until tomorrow.......B)

Colloidal silver.......another note to self.

And sooooo.........all is well.

mmt

p.s.  Okay......cool.......I can now more simply edit after I post.  Thank you techies!

Monica and I are driving to a bit south of Portland for the Eclipse.  Making a nice road trip out of it.  I would highly suggest seeing it.  However most of the hotels are sold out and way over charging, something to be aware of.  There are good maps of the eclipse path on line so you can get an idea of where to head.  

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus

That should be so very cool brassmonkey.  Just a whim/wish for me really.  However, not real probable.  Bio family members are headed to prime areas to view the phenomena as well.  I can't wait to hear all the reports.  So nice to have you pop in too!!!  I picture you as doing really well........so be it.  ^_^

I am headed East early in August.  Thrilled.  A little scared but really feeling welcomed by family there, and a very good chance of "the beach",  for a day....... as well as a music and food festival.  And the babies!  I'm going to meet the grandniece and nephew, age 4 and almost 2..........for the first time!!!  Going home to visit.......I am.........I am doing that.  My heart swells with happiness.  I so hope to avoid tear bursts at unexpected times........but oh well.........they are brief.  Gratitude really.......it always comes down to that in the end for me.........on how far I have come now, how very fortunate I really am........  Not going with Mum but it all has worked it's way out pretty nicely.

I think I am on the every 3 mos. plan now of getaways, travel, whatever you want to call it.  Or I hope for that.   It does wonders.  Hoping it works out that way.  Mind you I need to generate some income here very soon.......so I must work in that direction as well........just knowing that breaks are coming is pretty motivating though.

Seems that I have turned the corner on this most recent odd illness of mine too.  Can I hear a hallelujah?  Relief..........ahhhh.

Well......back to it.  Today.  Now.   

L, P, R/H, G, and best,

mmt

• Moderator Emeritus

More or less?  More or less.  Something to expand upon, I think.........a note for myself.  More.  Less.  Less. More.

The obvious would point to More.  I mean look at my name here.........manymoretodays.........it's right in the middle.  Less of course can be more.

Eye check Monday.  I was 15 minutes late.  So much for my own observation that I am more or less reliable these days. 

TGIF, TGIF.  I shall put out the white flag.

Well enough........and so it goes........Bear root and Colloidal silver coming soon.  Sage in the whatchamacallit with the candle underneath.

I heard an awesome song yesterday........not new I don't think but done so well, this version.  I am going to hoard it for a bit.........and listen to it over and over...........while I just try to be still and listen.  I have this scraggly bluebird(not sure if it's really a bluebird) that shows up now.  And the 2 young bucks were in front a few days back.  The one standing snorted at me a couple times and then coughed and then I saw the other, a bit older.  I think they ate the grass there.  Oh well........  Betsey cat keeping cool and going out in the night sometimes now.

Best,

Love. Peace. Healing/Recovery, Growth,

mmt

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Peep and smiley face.  Doing well.  Busy week.   

Stormy today......wind and so far no rain.  Holiday tomorrow..........sort of.........state holiday.  Hot.  I have, I think, acclimated though.

I think I am going to do the class thing, teach it in a halfway house.  The stipend covers gas......barely.  Good opportunity though.  Beginning stages of planning for a "peer run" something or other here too.  I am excited to partake and learn, grow, etc.  First meeting was great.

No glasses ordered.......yet ........so I just went ahead and got some new readers.  I have a little farsightedness too.........first time.   Holding on  classwork until September, I think, I keep getting other stuff that comes up to do........and maybe I can just go in and work with my "guidance counselor", lol, and learn enough........I think the class will be good and if I get stuck then will go on in, and ask for help from a "real life" person..........as the class is all online.

Sunday ahhh ness once again.   Maybe Monday ahh ness too.  Yet, I am a weekend worker or pretend to be.  House and yard and that stuff.  I pretend a lot.  Read the paper.  Watch some shows or listen to my favorite radio.  Visit.  Plan............yes, plan on how I am going to do some projects soon enough.  I am doing projects.   Reading books too.  Went to the bookstore even.

Comedic Dr. appointments........he was out for an death in the family, and then unexpectedly still out on my rescheduled appt.  Maybe next week?  It's all worked out okay though.  I think the weird erythema multiforme is past........I just have questions and will request once again old records.  He lost his assistant though so maybe I should offer to retrieve them myself or something.......the desk staff is sort of.......kind of........well, dumb.  I have been trying to train them.........not something I should be doing but they are easily entertained anyway.

Pacing myself.  Wish.....I wish an Inipi was in the cards before my 60th and travel.  It's kind of okay as I sauna daily in the dry heat in my black car(with A/C).  It's just not totally the same though........well, not at all.  I, however, sweat clean.   Fell back a bit on my quadathalon with the weird illness.........will definitely focus on the every other day something for next week.  No fresh water swimming.......yet.  Another wildfire last weekend.  Yoga poses only.  Stretches.  

Deer friends daily.  Babies came and were frolicking.  A couple of bucks who now kind of scare me every once in awhile........snorters.......they play too though.  Sheesh.  I just make noise when I go out.  We have a healthy respect I think.  They run if they hear me usually.

I don't know what else but wanted to just update.  It's been a bit.

Love, peace, healing/recovery, and growth at any age in blue.......

Best,

manymoretodays  :rolleyes:

• Administrator

Admit it! You're doing better!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

Yes!  I AM doing better.........oh, so much better than ever before in my life.  Bearing just some minimal discomfort.......growing pains is all.

and manymoretodays to you too Alto!  Happy Pioneer Day........seriously, Pioneers come in all forms and types.

• Administrator

:)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

On 7/24/2017 at 9:32 AM, manymoretodays said:

Yes!  I AM doing better.........oh, so much better than ever before in my life.  Bearing just some minimal discomfort.......growing pains is all.

and manymoretodays to you too Alto!  Happy Pioneer Day........seriously, Pioneers come in all forms and types.

Happy Pioneer Day?!?! Are you from Utah? Mormon?

2008 - October 28th, 2016: Zoloft 50 - 150 mgs, settled on 50mgs from 2011 - 2016.
January 23rd - March 1st 2017: Zoloft 50mgs, direct switch to Lexapro.
March 1st - May 1st 2017: Lexapro 10 mgs, down to 5mgs for a week, then off.
June 1st - July 31st 2017: Paxil 20mgs, Lyrica 600mgs
August 1st - September 30th 2017: Paxil 40mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs
October 1st  - November 12th 2017: Paxil 60mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs
November 12th, 2017 - September 4th 2018: Paxil 40mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs 

September 4th - September 27th: Paxil 30mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs

September 28th - November 7th: Paxil 20mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs (Also Testosterone Therapy started in June 2018 and ended in November 2018)

November 7th 2018 - February 22nd 2019: Paxil 10mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs

February 22nd 2019 - April 17th: Zyprexa 2.5mgs, Klonopin 1mgs

April 17th - Now: Zoloft 25mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs, Klonopin .5mgs

• Moderator Emeritus

Not really "from".  I live in the Southwest area of the somewhat United States.  No on being Mormon.  Many friends and neighbors who are though.  I sent you a PM.

Best,

mmt

• Moderator Emeritus

I just wanted to report that I went and listened to a speaker who recently moved to my area.  A woman from Bundeburg???.........well Australia AND New Zealand!

I was thrilled!

Love you guys(gals)!  :rolleyes:

• Moderator Emeritus

I apologize as I am hard hit with Mondayism.........and travel right around the corner.  Thank you to those who have reached out however for online friendship or help/ advice.

I just really need to continue to prioritize in my own life and locally right now.  "Stessed" pretty much sums it up.  And I WILL de stress as the day wears on.......  Purple is still pleasant.  I have enough.  I am doing well.  Stress is welcome in my life but only for a short visit.........it is just one of those visitors..........that I aim never to be in real life.  Sure hoping I can be the most average guest when I travel East very soon........laid back and gracious.  And I am.  Gracious, thankful for all these manymany things I need to take care of this week.

Best of intentions for us all really.......wherever we find ourselves at this moment in our journeys...........

Hugs, Love, Peace, Healing/Recovery, and Growth...........

Best,

manymoretodays

p.s.  not going to do the teaching thing mentioned above........I am going to try and stay with the planning committee thing instead........the one for a totally peer run something....... as well as the monthly meeting where I guess I just really learn more and once in awhile share my opinion.  And job training?  Hopefully so.......maybe September when my glasses and computer are more comfortable.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hooey.  Protracted withdrawal?  Yup.  Why now?  Why not now?  Stay in the middle I say to myself.   Accept and float.  Or maybe I just got scared again of wellness.  I don't know.

No headache today.  Upper back......ooch.  Fatigue between bouts of emotionalism and circles of worry.  I can still pull out of travel if need be.  Weakness of body, mind, and spirit.  Spirit is okay though.......I can go through this again.   Notify if I can't attend a meeting in the city.........  Oooch though.  Disappointment.  A little sad.  A little it's okay.  Just going to let the time warp a bit and read........maybe music.  Just today please.  I feel it's been coming but I think that's my wonky mind so try to ignore it.  Maybe I can write it all down.......every thought and then take a nap.

Eating okay.  I have my gratitude dinner to cook.......for myself and to share.  Turkey, stuffing, and potatoes.  Maybe a cake.

Tea time.

Best,

mmt

The only consistency I know is my own in-consistence.......a tongue twister for sure......just rambling as usual

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm just going to get ready and go........doing my usual........last minute preps.  It all usually turns out okay.  It will be nice to be away.  Still waiting on my usual somewhat witty creative self to return.

Other than that........a whole lot to feel good about.  It's been a good 6 mos. of nothing like W/D used to be and also nothing like my medicated life used to be.  On the up and up......

I be 60 now!!!  Whoop.......and weirdly happy about it.  However, it is not the new 40........maybe 30.........don't anyone make me 40 though..........a lot to be said for that 40-50 decade though........beware of Dr.'s during that time especially if you are a woman.........maybe it applies to men too.  I changed a lot during that 40-50 time trying......oh trying so hard to conform.  50-60 has been better, so much better.

Anyway.......still stressed.......just the upper back really seems to be where I carry it.  I foresee swims and baths in my near future........maybe some kiddie yoga too.

Thanks everybody.  Plugging along.

mmt

Happy 60th birthday,mmt!

we're not getting older,we're getting better...hopefully.

hope you can enjoy your time away...sending lots of love and healing thoughts.

ds   xxx

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you so very much direstraits.

Just sipping some magnesium in water and hoping...........for what I know not........just the inner calm that gets me functional again, or get functional again and the inner calm will come.......my preparations haven't gone well....... 

Thank you again, very kind and comforting.......:mellow:  "Nothing ventured nothing gained" comes to mind..........I ventured anyway.........something gained......B)

mmt

sorry it's so difficult right now...it'll get better again, you've been doing so well...hang in there.

((((mmt))))  

xx

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm all scheduled for a later departure now.  Just challenging to stay in the moment and away from the "what ifs".  I am up to the challenge.  I repeat.......I am up to the challenge.

I'm trying to go with just a carry on which for me........is huge.........I have this other very, very large suitcase referred to by some and myself as "Big Bertha".   I mean it's a great suitcase with swivel wheels and all that but it is very large and I will be going from one place to another maybe 3 or 4 times while I am gone.  So I cannot, will not, bring everything but the kitchen sink.  A challenge it is however..........  And also......I can keep everything with me this way.........in the cabin of the plane, stowed overhead.......therefore no delayed or lost baggage.   Oh.........and save $50.00 U.S. dollars by not checking Big Bertha.  I had to pay a little more for the flight change and am sorry to report my frugality lapse.  Frugality is of the essence these days for me.......even more so than before.........oh maybe not..........that's a "what if".  I return to the moment.  

Okay then........I repeat again........I am up to the challenge.

manymoretodays

I may post more random nothing to do with withdrawal.......... but maybe it does in this just facing reality way............ and because it helps me so much.  Ooooh baby........I cannot wait to get to the airport and relax and then fly/sleep/I guess I can watch tv with my blankie and pillow even.  Meantime still have about 29 hours to go until I check in at the airport so stand by for further commentary..........:blink:;)

Have a good trip MMT.

(((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus

No dice.  No travel.  It just turned to stress again and what ifs?  And then that paralysis of doing what needed to be done.  The money for travel was a gift and I just wish I could have foreseen to wait........but after all it was my 60th bday too..........and still a bit of the money left to help me go see Mum again.  She is booked now to go East in September and my brother and wife will look after her very well.  I am okay today.......had a couple of brief visitors even.......the human kind.

I think I self sabotaged and also a ton of fear came on.  I am just not skilled enough........yet.  Tear bursts are brief.  Slower than molasses now.......but it feels calming at last.  I've got a ways to go, or so it feels..........I just switched into "couldn't".  Some rather severe stuff in the middle of the night and head pressure and headaches........mostly brief.......but severe........tough stuff.

Staying safe, at home, so afraid of the change that wants in again.  Peace, quiet, calm.......sadness, blank.........

mmt

(((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))

I'm so sorry ,mmt....my thoughts are with you today.

xxx

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you both.  Any links appreciated as I struggle to find my way back to what I CAN do.  The simpler the better.  Nothing ventured nothing gained.

And I will try very hard to get back to my day to day.  And not isolate.  I did manage a laugh so far today and lightened up briefly.  So very disappointed.........in myself.  Holding my progress close........it really was the best ever and longest in duration.

HI mmt.  Thinking of you. As soonas I figure out how to send video or or something encouraging I will do that. In the meantime please accept like Shep has said "healing vibes" sent your way.

• Moderator Emeritus

Healing vibes accepted.  Getting out to meetings and market on an every other day basis anyway..........hanging in.  As always still hopeful.  A ton of fears now........just the usual stuff........driving after dark(and I will get the antiglare glasses ordered next week).......and a lack of joy..........lot's of tension.  So sad.  I guess it's time to call it a wave.  Ooof.

Got a movie for tonight.  My town had it's "days" this week.........I can hear some of the finale stuff.........concert and fireworks.  Feeling a lot of lonliness and just plain loss.......sadness.   Come on self I say..........get over it........move on.........I really believed I could do it..........the travel.........I couldn't have foreseen........... I forgive myself and I am quite certain the young at heart HS friend that financed it would too as he has had his own struggles.  I just have to soldier through.

Will prioritize a nice long walk when daylight returns.  Eating okay.  Everything else a mess........house, yard, self.  Face to the sky and still able to smile in public and all.  Squirrel brain is back.......lack of focus..........I'll try mindfulness stuff and self encouragement.

Thanks you guys. 

Love, peace, healing/recovery, and growth,

manymoretodays