☼ manymoretodays: off many years of many medications

manymoretodays

Keep healing and being positive mmt.

I am not a medical professional. My comments and posts are based on personal experiences. Please consult appropriate medical professionals for advice. 

I was started on psych drugs back in the late 80's. You name it. I probably was on it. 47 different drugs. Over 57 thousand pills. Tapered off final cocktail February 1st, 2013- September 9th, 2019. For Hashimotos I take Levothyroxine. Liothyronine. BP meds. For supplements I take B12 hydroxy. Fish oil w/D3. Bee pollen. Magnesium Glycinate.

• Moderator Emeritus

Best of Easter greetings to you all.

The big trees got their big trim for big bucks and.........you should see all the new light and air that is in my front yard!!  It was needed.  The birds settled down again shortly after and are probably busy building new nests in the other surrounding trees.  It was pretty fun watching the one guy all rigged up swinging around up there and they really did do an awesome job.  I hope and think that my disabled neighbor was okay with it all.........her trees........some of which were breaking off regularly and threatening my soon to be new roof.  She seemed to be.  Chinese elms.  Old.  I'm guessing over 150 years old.........roughly.  They will continue to branch on out I think.......tree guy said probably new buds next fall.  Phew........so that is done.

One guy in AA group called me the hippie one.......lol.........could be worse........and he did not call me an "old" hippie anyway.  I am also wondering if my last sponsor bailed because she maybe went on AD's vs. continuing opiates for her recovering knee pain post double knee replacement..........which would be sad I think, as I would have just cautioned her to do short term and do her own research, etc.  Who knows.  I don't think I come off as all vigilante about the over prescription and lack of safe prescribing or full disclosure of risks of AD's and such...........yet, so many just love, love their meds.  In anycase I AM getting better at sharing my experiences and being heard........at whatever cost.........  And hopefully becoming more of a "healer" for others and "listener".  Soooo, yah...........it's a bit tough at times being labeled now as the "antidrug" one............some just plain don't like me for it I think.  Others come on up and just announce their psych diagnosis and usually I will ask a few questions........the main one being....."well, did you have these symptoms before any prescription or non prescription drug use or alcohol use?"  ..........that is..........if.......... they give me a chance to ask.

Looking forward to my vacation........again, not a total vacation destination.........to see me Mum!!!  My rather talkative and fairly religious sister will be there too but staying nearby.  And I am.........looking forward to the get away so very much.

Oh my........I haven't watched the clock and I got to go quickly and get into my Easter finery...........later on an Inipi and will sweat and roll in the mud........lol........not really........oh maybe.........

Peace, love, light, healing, growth,

and manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Hi mmt. Thank you. You do help and thanks for the music. Both times. You were right on. You are as Anne of Green Gables would say, "a kindred spirit."

I am not a medical professional. My comments and posts are based on personal experiences. Please consult appropriate medical professionals for advice. 

I was started on psych drugs back in the late 80's. You name it. I probably was on it. 47 different drugs. Over 57 thousand pills. Tapered off final cocktail February 1st, 2013- September 9th, 2019. For Hashimotos I take Levothyroxine. Liothyronine. BP meds. For supplements I take B12 hydroxy. Fish oil w/D3. Bee pollen. Magnesium Glycinate.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you Marsha.  Feels like Christmas and Easter are all one........had a great time yesterday.  Anne of Green Gables......lol........I either read or watched a whole series of her at one time...........  That's sweet.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

10 days away and just barely back.........and so.......I may/may not take that day after vacation day today to recoup.  Probably not it seems..........duty just called..... ^_^   Soooo, it's good to have duties, eh?

Beautiful weather and scenery and cacti in bloom and redrock and blue sky.  As well as the company.  Mum doing aok, fair enough........seems she cherishes her independence almost as much as I do.  Only a few scowls......perhaps I should have just married that doctor long ago......lol.........and had the life she imagined.  I guess that is Love and family and so it goes.

I did attempt to photo bomb as often as possible in the National park.......only kidding, kinda....... but sheesh........I remember, and especially remember the park we toured way back, before the shuttles ran and all that.  Oh, and save the Condor's!!!!!  They are dying due to lead intoxication.........apparently, copper bullets are the way to go if you are a hunter.  The Condor's eat the entrails left behind.

I did pretty well with the greater diversity in diet, save another minimally bothersome rash, that I think started from some plant exposure while doing yard work before the trip.  Maybe exacerbated by some nitrate or oxalate, or even just increased sensitivity.  It was just a patch again really.......coconut oil worked wonders........it ran it's brief course and cleared. 

I made some new friends as well as got some good exercise routines started.  I got offered a "giggle cookie"......declined it as well as some reflexology.......also declined.........perhaps next time on the reflexology.  I collected a few rocks and minerals and studied the desert plant life.......fascinating.  I am hoping the plants that I kind of wish to propagate just start to appear in abundance in the plant nurseries and such.

Home sweet home is great and even greater post travel.  Life is good and balanced and I am mainly happy and content.

Best, healing/recovery, peace, and love,

and manymoretodays of course

p.s.  the cat is fine.......took about an hour to get her to join us when I got home.....

• Moderator Emeritus

Seems I am getting my day........today........that day after the "vacation".  Wow, I woke early for a bit and then went on back to bed and slept in until an unprecedented 10am!!!!  Woah.  I am going to have to watch the clock a little bit from here on in..........

I have a doctor's visit lined up for next week.  Labwork mainly me thinks and just a general health and wellness check.  The shrink.........??.........will call again sometime after that and perhaps schedule for June or July?  No summary or records from them as yet........... although requested almost a year ago.  And it will be interesting to see what kind of discussion we have.  I am happy to report my own lack of animosity at this point.........no anger or resentment or such really...........just a strong drive to perhaps work with her, team with her, be heard........so that my personal story and journey may help another through her interventions with them........hopefully changed just a teeny, tiny bit or greatly.  Who knows?  And maybe.......well, I want to see my therapist again soon........it's been awhile now........she has the "voice"!!!!!  One of those greatly calming voices and although I don't need calming........I just like her as a paid friend and confidant.

Bills, financial juggling, get the new roof started..........clearance activities and ooh, ooh.........gardening beckon.  I think the paid employment seeking or further education or both will both get some time........sorting papers, writing up a resume, focus and meditation on what comes next.  Really hoping it will just come together or the right opportunity will arise........but hey........if not...........another "failure" would be kind of great too...........such as they can be.........in that learning, growing, humility way that I think I need a good dose of every now and again.

Just rambling.  Happy to ramble.  It helps.

Iris are blooming.

Love, peace, healing/recovery, growth,

and manymoretodays

Hi mmt,

sounds like you're in a pretty good place these days....very happy for you.

glad you enjoyed your vacation...."giggle cookie"  LOL

xxx

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

mothers day musings

holidays, even these corny kinds

kind of get to me

and good old AA birthday manana 

one year 

colder temperatures coming this week 

and choices 

so many choices........ 

or not.....

do I just wait?

probably not

deciding is tough still

helping others sometimes backfires

for awhile

only for awhile

and I am

strong enough

brave enough

open hearted enough

I hope

greetings, gratitude, graceful healing, peace, and growth.....

mmt

ps......love

• Moderator Emeritus

Sheesh.........stayed signed in since the last post......

.......and I am not getting anywhere being the lone voice in the wilderness around here as far as our concerns go........those being educating around harm reduction approaches to coming off prescribed medications, over prescription at times in lieu of alternatives, labeling over listening, full disclosure of efficacy of various medications, and long term harm......oh even short term harm.  And sooo.......me thinks I need to focus.......perhaps on my own story as a starting point........if anyone wants to listen locally.....

I will, however, keep trying.........

One of those tougher days today I guess.  Hopeful.

manymoretodays

went on out and picked up a chip........gold with a little bit of weight to it........1st of 3 I guess.........and on we go........

ps.....oh yah......getting almost comical about how many times I have tried to get to the pool and have not......things come up........sooooo........better send on out those positive intentions that mmt gets all 3 in this week........my comical cross training.......walk/run/hike, swim, and  yoga.........one of each please.......thanks!

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you doggiemama. 

I am real proud of you as well........thanks for a little strength!.........I read through your introduction and other posts.  You are doing this thing and healing and grieving and wow.......good job........  excellent.

peace, healing, growth, and love.....

and.......manymoretodays

• Moderator Emeritus

Swam.......long sauna after!!!!!!!  Walk/hike/bounced a ball I found and visited horse friends on Monday!!!  Training has commenced!

Oh yah.......got to Dr.......regular GP........labwork mainly.......he didn't even take my blood pressure or listen to my chest.  It went well.......fine.

Possible teaching option......short term..........stipend or maybe not........discussing.

3rd roof bid in.  Now to decide and finance.  It's going to be.........green.........my new roof!

Love, peace, healing, growth and all that you might need,

and.....manymoretodays

• Administrator

manymoretodays, you are a ray of light!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Thank you Alto.  I sure kept that comment alive from you as long as possible......... :wub:

I am.......at this point........more than a little in awe of all that has seemingly just come my way.  Roof financing.......help with my fences........beautiful weather to boot.

Good, good, nice nice Inipi yesterday.  I shook a colorful rattle too!  So today.........keeping it all with me and sending it on out.......the intentions, the healing.......the connection.  And also going to take it somewhat easy.

2 weeks strong now on my comical triathlon.........walk/hike/run/bounce ball/talk to horses and.......... this week talked on my cell device about mid way through...... while I threw two stones/rocks into the very high stream(thankful for that.....the water, and I don't remember what the stones signified so I guess that method of release did work..... :) ).  Had such a nice long swim and sauna one morning at the fitness center and.......!!!!!!............canceled my membership as my health insurance picks up the cost of it.   Then number 3 was the yoga........brief this week but outside and good enough balance and flexibility.

I wonder if some fairly heavy gardening/yardwork today or another day counts as a 4th..........so maybe a comical quadathloner I will become.   And oh.......it is comical........what with my earbuds in and striking yoga poses and singing.........perhaps I will put my guitar out in the shade and pick that on up every once in awhile as well.  Practice at that.....my guitar, ione, has a ways to go..........always on my mind though.......it's a form of meditation as long as I don't plan on becoming the next........well, fill in the blank.....______________...............comic with a guitar, your favorite female vocalist guitar player(acoustic)............lol..........who knows???? 

Labwork back......TSH, T4, and T3 improving............I could do some iodine or something that GP has available..........thinking and hopefully researching on that.  Everything else that was drawn......fasting bloodwork...........was AOKAY! 

Still learning, loving, growing with my dear son, and family of origin, and adopted families/people of healing and support.........and hoping for some minimal income at least, doing something I am real good at,  sometime soon..............soon enough.

Sooo.......that's my update........I would be remiss to not mention that........of course........there have been times of some hardship and overworry and guilt........of course there are.  It's just that overall.........it is better.........so much better now............and I am happy for all of you as well, the little strides sometimes, the expressions of anger, the flashes of intuition that keep you going and heading wherever that may be..........that it will all be good enough.  And I am sad with you too........when it can be so tough and painful.  Somehow we are lucky though, me thinks.  Members of more than one club, many of us are.............I know that I am.  And not by our own choice always.  Always thankful for my other club buddies.  So......hey, golfing anyone?  Seriously........I think I am going to give it a try one of these days soon.........the frugal survivor goes golfing.........should be fun!  And it's one of those things I always thought no......never.......what a boring sport........and now......... :D .........I can't wait to meet the spirit of Arnold Palmer!!!

Long one.......I am........yes, a rambling rose........and on that note I need to tend what is left of those babies.......my roses!

love, peace, gratitude, recovery/healing, and above all........growth........oh, never mind........take what you need

manymoretodays

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Just testing testing testing testing.  And okay.  :huh::mellow::excl::blink::wacko::rolleyes:B)  So far the new change seems okay to navigate around.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hmmmm.......still learning to navigate the new program/system.  Hoping not to get e-mail notifications at all on topics that I have posted in or follow but that I can find them how I did before.............sooo........meantime I keep changing my notification options.

Suggestions?  I can also wait it on out a bit........play with things a bit.

Best, love, recovery/healing, growth, peace, etc.

manymoretodays

p.s.  My old roof is being removed and the new one coming soon and I am excited.  Also......I have dumpster(trash, waste for you international types:rolleyes:) privileges......for some sheer junk and yard waste clearance.  Life is very good to me lately........

• Moderator Emeritus

Good day today at a conference.  Sharing stories.  Listening to others stories.  Accepting.  Some open ness to a new paradigm of mental health care there!

And......I got invited to lunch tomorrow with a few.........wow!!  Every bodies story/experience matters and may touch someone in a healing/changing way.

Kind of a wow.......after the conference.........I must have said something that spoke to someone.  Yay!  Feeling kind of courageously brave.  I was not sure how what I said in small sessions went over......but got some nods and smiles.  And then this lunch invite........   Funny how things go sometimes.

Love, peace, healing/recovery, and growth,

manymoretodays

partial new green roof looks good!  I'm doing okay with it too........so much different from when I barely could deal with the new furnace winter of 2016.

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh and happy to report more success with this new program here as well.  Can we still edit though.......within an hour or even right after posting?

• Moderator Emeritus

From "Brain Pickings".  The "Topography of Tears" was so beautiful.  Microscopic images of tears of different types.  Hopefully my link will work........if not just google Brain Pickings and go to the most recent entry.  Thank you Maria!!

http://mailchi.mp/brainpickings/the-topography-of-tears-the-trouble-with-finding-yourself-beethoven-and-the-crucial-difference-between-genius-and-talent-and-more?e=3617fb2823

• Moderator Emeritus

• Moderator Emeritus

• Moderator Emeritus

Ah.........I think I have mastered the editing........by using the paper with magnifier icon above and then the big X in the right hand corner after that.  When I came back to post a link for myself(and others if interested) my tester post remained.  Sooo........I will assume that perhaps an hour still remains in which to further edit posts.  I like it.  Change can be good.

Just going to share some simple Qigong that works for me.......makes me smile, changes the morning crabby, sometimes fear, into Love pretty darn quickly.  Haola! (said with a smile in my calmest healing voice with a bit of emphasis).  I am going to work on some further computer usage education for myself........with help that has been offered.........and that is good.  Ed2go I think it is called.  All is well.  My new roof is done and I just need to test all the gutters now and pay off the balance.  Then.......begin to pay off the no interest loan dear Muma provided.  However, once again.........down to nickle and diming it for the remainder of the month so I ask my Great Creator.........soon enough, can I find employment that pays........and is a good, supportive, fit.   Lol........ummm, that sounds funny but I will leave it as is.   Great design though(this to my Great Creator, Great Mystery)........and I thank You........all that has been and is in my life today.  Going to hug that tree tightly and then my yoga hug.  B)  Betsey Ross cat is well as well.......as is the dearest of son/Sun.

Love, peace, healing/recovery, and growth/neuroregeneration at any age,

manymoretodays

• Moderator Emeritus

Today.  I think I can do it today.  Keep trudging along.  Feeling a bit overwhelmed still........this week.  Things keep changing.......times and dates and relationships.  And when I try to take a "just relax" day it always seems to backfire somehow or I let it.

Maybe it had to do with the roofers.  And of course it felt like a mini invasion on this privacy or private life I think I have.  That all went well.  It's done.  Final inspection(and payment) on Monday.  I put him off until then as I was just feeling..........well...........I was feeling intensely again.  Sadness-check.  Change is hard-check.  Sorry for myself-definitely check.  Overwhelmed-check, check.  Scared-check.  Difficulty accepting-check, check.

I mean I feel certain that I made the right decision on something else in my life but it is so very hard.........so very hard.  And I so want to........but won't ......fall to pieces.  Maybe it is the just that I want to fall to pieces that frustrates me so much.  Ahhhh.......growing pains..........hopefully that's all it is.

Anyway..........if anybody reads.........send strength, positive energy, and courage I guess..........yes, courage.  I am just so weary.

Thankyou,

mmt

oh wait........send a bunch of helpers........like tiny keebler elves or something.....:).......hugs, healing/recovery, growth, love....oh yes, love, and peace

Buyers remorse for the roof.  It will pass and the first good rain you'll be doing a happy dance singing "I got a new roof, I got a new roof.."  Well done on taking care of yourself and your home.  Going through the invasion, noise and mess is tough on most people, throw in being in WD on top of it and it takes some real doing to get through.  No big break down needed.  Maybe some small cries of relief to let out some of the tension and allow the realization that you've done something really important for taking care of yourself.  Take the relaxation as you can get it.  Stop and enjoy the deer when they show up, the clouds and sunsets, they can all add up.

We just had a swarm of "little helpers" move in to the composter.  I noticed a few bees buzzing around it a few days ago, something then always do.  But then the entire swarm moved in and set up house keeping.  It's on the other side of the house so there is not problem.  They have to settle in for a few weeks before they can be moved safely, but we have a guy all lined up to rehome them at the end of the month.  Like you said "things keep changing".

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

sending lots of love and hugs....you're doing great.

xoxo

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Best wishes from here too, I extend the hand, palm open, to go across distances, hopes it reaches to you.

Name LostInTheWoods evokes both the feeling of getting stranded, forsaken and alone in an alien, hostile environment and the chance to experience awareness, tranquility and self-discovery during the experience. Just call me Lost in the posts.

February 2012. After a crisis, a crippling anxiety that culminated in a panic attack. Started 20 mg Paxil and Clonazepam.

Clonazepam left quickly in the 2nd attempt.

About about a year on 20 mg, begin tapering.

June 2014, after several weeks on 5 mg and trying to dose down, went CT.

May 2015.Anxiety came back again, went to psychiatrist back. Fluoxetine was tried and left because of bad reaction, returned to paroxetine. Start tapering in mid 2016.

December 2016. After like 2 months of going 2,5 mg, stopped paroxetine.

Truth to be told, descended into a downward spiral of caffeine, alcohol and masturbation.

January  26, 2017. Wave with some tinnitus that was fixed by a visit to the ENT.

April 21, 2017. Acid reflux at night was a stressor that triggered another wave.Vices have been put into check and only a drink or two a week remain.

By May 7 stabilized with a little anxiety left and some pains.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you lovely people. 

Just up after about 5 hours sleep and attempted to take a picture of the moon.  Half Moon with a glow/ring around it.  Very pretty.  Unable to capture as is.  That's okay.  I did spy a young doe just the other day........such skinny, skinny legs it had.........big body........and lovely eyes.  We communed!!

Good therapy appointment.  Hair done.  Trudge, trudge, trudge........B)  Float, float, float.    Kind of a hold on sweat lodges/Inipi's for a bit.......the usual location, which is so very lovely, is on hold until further notice.  So........  Not quite brave enough to go find another on my own.   Bummer really but okay.   Triathlon training going great.......I do have to get in and try morning yoga at the gym and I am getting to the yard work, hopefully some revisions there.  With help.   So it IS a quadathlon really.

Still a bit weary.  Appropriately sad and a bit of grieving but it's for the best.........better to know love and lose it or something like that........just not meant to be.......growing, growing, growing pains.........and I do have some great friends, a Sun who really does still need me, the cat and all that............  A whole year too!  Of a stolen relationship I guess.  Hard to apologize right now.  And life goes on. 

mmt

• Moderator Emeritus

I did manage another 3 hours sleep after the moon sighting.  I will call that kind of moon a moon dog..........I saw a spectacular sun dog once while skiing.  Surely I don't just run into all this beauty and cool stuff by accident.......at least I know that. 

Today.......my swim today finally did it......brought home all the meditation and peace and voila......bettah, oh so much bettah!  The overwhelm feels to be lifting.  I have a great life.  Thankful for my health and weirdness.......what is left of that.  And.........I can always wish a bit and hope on some things........and you know, probably as I do........that good relationships don't always have to end........sometimes they have to just change and morph and all that.  I am a very loyal friend.

Time with my adult Sun today helped a lot too.  One proud Mama here.  For all that we have been through together.  Even got the ex a nice Father's day card.  I can do that.  It is nice to do things like that and keeps me well.  Also nice to finally be divorced........even though that was final years and years ago.......he can no longer emotionally mess with me or do that control thing.  I mean it took me a lot of years.  That's okay.  I have overcome.

We may end up with a suitable new sweat lodge site for Inipis too!!!!  Patience.  Oh how the Native American ways and traditions have helped me.  And I met a woman last week who said that I was already a "healer".  I tear up a bit just thinking about our conversation........a long one........in another parking lot.  Sure hope our paths cross again.   I am thinking now on what was her name?  It will come to me.  It was perfect for her.  Must have been Charlotte.   Parking lots really work for me and spiritual stuff sometimes........now, that is a bit weird........in a nice way.  All my connections arrive in parking lots?  Huh?  :)

So.......so good........so quick for me to find the things and people and places that help.........and they do.  I guess riding the Ferris wheel with Sun just wasn't in the cards for us today.  He said he would like to.   There will be another town's daze soon.........and for sure.........I want to ride the Ferris wheel.  They do that here.......all the towns have their days.........some are pretty cool.......they vary.......rodeos, concerts, food, booths, oh and always a damn parade............did the skirt the parade route this morning in another town and finally reached my destination........it was like a maze.

Happy Father's day too.......to whom it may apply.......past, present, here, or no longer here.  It is okay to leave out those really nasty guys though.......for sure........no problem.......I mean I know it's hard for some.  Like Mother's day I think it is okay to substitute sometimes and celebrate nuturers, etc.  Strong men who have been helpful can sure use a day too......so celebrate.  Even if you don't have young uns.

Hopefully Yoga up in the canyon manana........why not?  Sure glad the weekend relax has arrived.

Love, peace, and all that you may need

manymoretodays

• Moderator Emeritus

Just adding Gia's reply to my introduction for easy further viewing and linkage.  The below stuff.  Thanks Gia.  Yes, dealing with reality. B):rolleyes::wacko::blink:^_^;):)  Shoot for the moon, land among the stars comes to mind.

Monday, monday, monday..........I've got my couple of things to get done today........and will.  I think, in fact I know I will feel great relief when paying off the balance on the roof today.......then getting into the dirt and planting just a few items, working on the budget, going to a site in the city where I don't think I will substitute teach but to "try out" for subbing at the other location.  Possibly doing a graveside stop and reflection on my lost to suicide friend.

Fear is really holding me back now.........yet.........I know so much more about what I can do, do have...........and have patience.

Love, peace, recovery/healing, and growth, to you too manymoretodays! 

here is some more stuff from another post just published: 

From inside out to outside in…that’s what healing is doing.
Rewiring for dealing with reality starting from within rather than without.
When gut lining and brain barrier is compromised there is only porousness…it is reflected in the psyche manifesting as poor boundaries…

This is what is happening. I’ve never had a sense of self. That’s the part that gets labeled “mentally ill.” I woke up anyway.
Healing involves doing the opposite of what Buddhism (generally) teaches. It means coming back into the body and integrating the self from no-self rather than the other way around. It is not about losing the self because that self never was…in that way we are both ahead of “normies” and not too…The biggest problem is normies don’t know how the **** to help us and are in fact dangerous to us…

I’ve never wanted to preach to the choir. Really I have no interest in preaching. Writing is more exorcism than anything else. Sometimes it also happens to be helpful to others.

When people trigger us they may not be dangerous/nasty/whatever – it may simply mean that we are afraid…When we are fearless we see that no one is inherently dangerous/nasty/violent whatever…

Like it or not, it’s only in my woundedness that I know the things I know. In the process of deep acceptance of this clarity comes.

The body and the body’s wisdom has been shunned and abused for decades now. SHE speaks through the body and she speaks through stories, metaphor, science, philosophy and my any means necessary…ancient and modern. SHE has as many languages as there are human beings and if we can be flexible we can hear her in every human being alive right now. And even if we are largely in touch with our own bodies relative to the larger human family, inasmuch as we do not hear her, see her, feel her, right now, in everybody we encounter we are not awake.

Beyond Meds: http://beyondmeds.com/

I withdrew from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

I took a bit over 6 years to do it. Finished on Feb 9 2010. I'm still recovering from iatrogenesis.

Edited by scallywag
delete web stuff that came with cut and paste (page links, reply link, etc.)

• Moderator Emeritus

I think I am trying to do too darn much right now.  Haola!  All is well and so it is.  All is well and getting better.

Balance on roof paid!  Hallelujah!  Victor shall return and quietly do just a bit more caulking.

Best of summer solstice to you all.  I do love summertime.  Oh yah.....summertime!!

Growth, peace, Love, healing/recovery,

..........and........manymoretodays

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Just going to stay with purple........green is a very close second and then there is yellow, quite nice.

I had to head on into urgent care today myself.  Saw a PA who was all I could have hoped for.  Young fellow.  Smart.  Positive thinker.  So I believe that I am on the tail end of Erythema Multiforme.........so far of the minor variety.......arms and feet.......target lesions and only one blister.  I am of course worried re: a deer tick bite but no joint aches or swelling and may or may not do a course of doxyclicine after a few days.

None the less I am wiped out........well, not totally but have to slow a bit.

Alimony is history soon.......that news today.  And I am pretty much feeling blacklisted by many..........just a feeling, I know.........live and learn.  My gosh, people are cruel and judgemental.........makes me sad.  I AM..........well, I know who I am and I am a good person who tries very hard.......... to make things better for others and ..........who cares a lot.

I did see my boy, the SUN on the way home.........gave him a ride and a kiss and a hug. 

I may call the neighbor kid to come mow today as I am beat. 

Happy Independence Day for those in the States here.........coming soon.  Wildfire up in the canyon nearby from ?campfires was contained fairly quickly.  For that and many other things I am thankful today.

Love, Peace, continued Recovery/Healing, and Growth at any age,

manymoretodays

• Moderator Emeritus

p.s.  scheduled to see my GP on Monday so will decide on the doxyclicine then.  Sorry, forgot to use editing......

• Moderator Emeritus

Still Nursing myself along with Erythema Multiforme......minor.  Sure feels major as it has moved into the mouth tissues and ouch.  Had a great walk/run 2 days ago.  I really can't do the pool/ swim until clear of this I think.  Very thankful for my bathtub and epsom salts and colloidal oatmeal and the like.  I am the worst patient ever too! 

Hoping for some outside time today.  Yoga or another walk/run.   Took it ever so easy yesterday and do feel a bit better for my efforts at self care today.

Not sure.......probably not.......but may partake in sweat lodge building today or tomorrow.  I will at least try to take a drive there so I am familiar with the new location.

Vulnerable.  A bit sad.  Moderate pain.......physical and emotional.  Grateful.  Yes.......grateful.  Here is to today.

Love, Peace, Recovery/Healing, and Growth(in purple......why not?)

mmt

Hi mmt. How are you, you sweet soul?

• Moderator Emeritus

I am doing well Marsha.  Thanks for asking.  Kind of weird how this all goes........recovery/healing.  So very much though to be joyful about.  I'm liking this holiday weekend/early next week bit of a reprieve.  Reading mostly.......offline.  Oh sure I pop around every few hours on line briefly........and most hopefully will get some needed writing done soon.   I might even pretend I am a acoustic musician and practice that.   Today is so peacefully quiet.......not sure if the fireworks will resume tonight or perhaps not until tomorrow night in these parts.

Sooo......all is well.  Freedom is cool.  The food is fresh.  The sky is blue.  And oh........I have so many to love and who love me too.

mmt

How is the Erythema Multiforme.......minor that felt like major? Googled it cause, well you know, I have never heard of it, interesting,  more learning. I love reading your posts. Helps me. Yesterday was peaceful here too in the coastal pacific northwest. Going in to dept. of rehabilitation today to see about retraining. Have a good day mmt :rolleyes::P