tjdeepthinker

tjdeepthinker: Hi From Cape Town, South Africa

82 posts in this topic

Hi tjdeepthinker

I just wanted to say that I'm thinking of you and know you will start healing soon.

We went back home to South Africa over December to see my husbands father who is so sick. We've been living in the UK for nine years now and haven't been home since. It was so amazing to feel that heat and just the smell of Africa. A lot has changed but it will always be my home. It was so lovely to see our nanny who looked after my kids when they were babies and all our friends and family. I hate flying but I managed the 12 hours there and back! Isn't strange but when I was in SA I didn't have any physical symptoms of WD. I wonder if it was the warm weather and just feeling relaxed.

I cut all my tablets beforehand so didn't need to take my scale and pill cutter with.

You're doing so well.

Hugs

TJ, I just want to stop by and send you healing thoughts.

Many hugs!

Thanks Amy! Woke up with akathisia again. But got a decent night's sleep. Just hanging in there and hoping this passes soon. 

TJ, I just want to stop by and send you healing thoughts.
Many hugs!

Hi tjdeepthinker

I just wanted to say that I'm thinking of you and know you will start healing soon.

We went back home to South Africa over December to see my husbands father who is so sick. We've been living in the UK for nine years now and haven't been home since. It was so amazing to feel that heat and just the smell of Africa. A lot has changed but it will always be my home. It was so lovely to see our nanny who looked after my kids when they were babies and all our friends and family. I hate flying but I managed the 12 hours there and back! Isn't strange but when I was in SA I didn't have any physical symptoms of WD. I wonder if it was the warm weather and just feeling relaxed.

I cut all my tablets beforehand so didn't need to take my scale and pill cutter with.

You're doing so well.

Hugs

Hi Africa,

Probably a combination of both. When I visited England, my symptoms were worse. Warm weather does help! I am having a rough start to the day today. It has been three and a half weeks since I up dosed. I have had decent days in between. I have had decent moments. Even last night I had friends over and that distracted me for a few hours. I am so tired of complaining, and writing about this. But it helps to know that others are out there. Yesterday also started bad. I  am reminding myself of this. ANd it got better. Much better. It was hard, but manageable. Today may very well be the same. Morning anxiety and depression, and now the physical symptoms as well.. Reduces me to a kind of raw space. I am trying to find the upside. Trying to accept. Because I have to accept anyway. I have no choice. I am so uncomfortable in my own skin right now. 

I should go for a walk. That helps sometimes. 

I'm sorry to hear about your husband's father. That must be hard for him. Thatnk you for your post and for stopping by. Every little input helps. I don't want to let this illness define me! But this morning, I am struggling a bit with this. 

-TJ 

Hi Tjdeepthinker,

I love your sense of humor. :)

At least you are exercising. I used to exercise, but since moving to a new place, I have stopped.

It is something I would love to do again.

Life is not fair. I still have not accepted my situation and still carry anger within my self towards my doctor.

It is okay to feel angry. I find success stories very inspiring and it has helped me to push forward.

Don't think of it as in, "Life is not fair". Use success stories as a fuel to encourage your self to move forward.

I know how hard it is to accept the situation that we find ourselves in.

So many times I try to look back and remember the person I was before the meds.

It might take you a long time to accept this whole thing.

I think that acceptance takes place when you start to heal.

For me, when I feel better, I want to move forward, but as soon as WDS hits, I feel like that there is no end to it.

At least you are trying to be proactive and you are finding ways to cope with WDS.

Meditation is good. At one stage I used to meditate, but stopped. I found it too stimulating and I am not keen on trying it again.

Reconnect with your loved ones and stay Hopefull! :) Take care, xo

Holding for deeper healing. 

Hi TJ,

How are you traveling?

Hope all is well.

Take care, Hopefull. Xo

Hi TJ,

How are you traveling?

Hope all is well.

Take care, Hopefull. Xo

xxx. Just visited your feed -TJ 

Every experiment needs a 'control'. Since I started withdrawing, I have not had a long hold. I am doing that now. Partly because I just can't withdraw more right now. Okay, mostly because of that. But also... Well, to make it into a sort of positive thing... To see how healthy I can be 'not' withdrawing all the time! 

Hold and Hope. 

-TJ

That is a smart thing to do.
Hold until you feel like tapering again.
Best wishes, Hopefull. Xo