If you find useful information here, your gift would help keep this site going. Our staff is entirely volunteer.

Photo

tjdeepthinker: Hi From Cape Town, South Africa

seroquel capetown quetiapine southafrica

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#73 Africa

Africa

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:52 PM

Hi tjdeepthinker

I just wanted to say that I'm thinking of you and know you will start healing soon.

We went back home to South Africa over December to see my husbands father who is so sick. We've been living in the UK for nine years now and haven't been home since. It was so amazing to feel that heat and just the smell of Africa. A lot has changed but it will always be my home. It was so lovely to see our nanny who looked after my kids when they were babies and all our friends and family. I hate flying but I managed the 12 hours there and back! Isn't strange but when I was in SA I didn't have any physical symptoms of WD. I wonder if it was the warm weather and just feeling relaxed.

I cut all my tablets beforehand so didn't need to take my scale and pill cutter with.

You're doing so well.

Hugs
<p>February 2009 started taking Paroxetine 10 mg everyday. Started reducing very slowly in February 2015.15 December 2015 Was on 5 mg Paroxetine 4 days a week and 7.5 mg 3 days a week. Severe withdrawal. Back to 7.5mg everyday from today 25 March 2016 starting 7.1 mg everyday (stayed on this dose for 8 weeks) 23 May 2016 starting 6.7 mg everyday (stayed on this dose for 6 weeks) 4 July 2016 starting 6.3 mg everyday (stayed on this dose for 8 weeks). 2 September 2016 starting 5.9 mg (stayed on this dose for 10 weeks) 9 November 2016 starting 5.6 mg (stayed on this dose for 8 weeks) 4 January 2017 starting 5.3 mg (stayed on this dose for 6 weeks) 20 February 2017 starting 5 mg (it's taken me 2 year to get half way!!)

#74 AmyK

AmyK

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 713 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:01 PM

TJ, I just want to stop by and send you healing thoughts.
Many hugs!

Tapering Zoloft since 2011. Current dose: 0,019 mg

0,039 mg 18 March? 0,052 mg 16 March 0,079 mg 4 March 0,086 1 March 0,099 mg 22 February 0,11 mg 15 February 0,13 mg 6 February 0,145 mg 24 January 0,15 mg 19 January 0,19 mg 10 January 0,20 mg 3 January

2016: 0,98 to 0,22 mg

2015: 2,35 to 1,01 mg

2014: 4,9 to 2,5 mg

2013: 9,1 to 5,1 mg

2012: 15,7 to 9,7 mg

2011: Started on 25 mg - then 50 mg- dropped to 25- to 12.5 mg - back to 25 mg - after 18.75 mg started tiny tapering to 16.6 mg

Started on 25 mg Zoloft in March 2011 due to stressrelated tinnitus that gave me panicattacks, then after two weeks up to 50 mg, which dose I was only on for five weeks. Had a terrible reaction to Zoloft from start, but was told to "hold on". After four months on 25 mg/12 mg/18,75 mg I was stuck. Therefore the long taper. Crazy, I know... Super sensitive to drops and have dropped by 4-6 % from the prevoius dose all the way from 17,5 mg.

#75 tjdeepthinker

tjdeepthinker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:24 PM

Thanks Amy! Woke up with akathisia again. But got a decent night's sleep. Just hanging in there and hoping this passes soon. 

TJ, I just want to stop by and send you healing thoughts.
Many hugs!

I know I can handle this moment, simply because I AM handling this moment. 

*Current: 2017 January Seroquel 10.75 Pax 5mg Dormonoct 2 mg ( holding up-dose due to life circumstances) 

*My full withdrawal history so far, up to Jan 2017 here in my intro (post #65)

*My Blog: tjdeepthinker@wordpress.com

...and we can SING about LOVE together...

:rolleyes: 

#76 tjdeepthinker

tjdeepthinker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:32 PM

Hi tjdeepthinker

I just wanted to say that I'm thinking of you and know you will start healing soon.

We went back home to South Africa over December to see my husbands father who is so sick. We've been living in the UK for nine years now and haven't been home since. It was so amazing to feel that heat and just the smell of Africa. A lot has changed but it will always be my home. It was so lovely to see our nanny who looked after my kids when they were babies and all our friends and family. I hate flying but I managed the 12 hours there and back! Isn't strange but when I was in SA I didn't have any physical symptoms of WD. I wonder if it was the warm weather and just feeling relaxed.

I cut all my tablets beforehand so didn't need to take my scale and pill cutter with.

You're doing so well.

Hugs

Hi Africa,

Probably a combination of both. When I visited England, my symptoms were worse. Warm weather does help! I am having a rough start to the day today. It has been three and a half weeks since I up dosed. I have had decent days in between. I have had decent moments. Even last night I had friends over and that distracted me for a few hours. I am so tired of complaining, and writing about this. But it helps to know that others are out there. Yesterday also started bad. I  am reminding myself of this. ANd it got better. Much better. It was hard, but manageable. Today may very well be the same. Morning anxiety and depression, and now the physical symptoms as well.. Reduces me to a kind of raw space. I am trying to find the upside. Trying to accept. Because I have to accept anyway. I have no choice. I am so uncomfortable in my own skin right now. 

I should go for a walk. That helps sometimes. 

I'm sorry to hear about your husband's father. That must be hard for him. Thatnk you for your post and for stopping by. Every little input helps. I don't want to let this illness define me! But this morning, I am struggling a bit with this. 

-TJ 

*Current: 2017 January Seroquel 10.75 Pax 5mg Dormonoct 2 mg ( holding up-dose due to life circumstances) 

#77 Hopefull

Hopefull

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 06 February 2017 - 03:43 AM

Hi Tjdeepthinker,

I love your sense of humor. :)
At least you are exercising. I used to exercise, but since moving to a new place, I have stopped.
It is something I would love to do again.
Life is not fair. I still have not accepted my situation and still carry anger within my self towards my doctor.
It is okay to feel angry. I find success stories very inspiring and it has helped me to push forward.
Don't think of it as in, "Life is not fair". Use success stories as a fuel to encourage your self to move forward.
I know how hard it is to accept the situation that we find ourselves in.
So many times I try to look back and remember the person I was before the meds.
It might take you a long time to accept this whole thing.
I think that acceptance takes place when you start to heal.
For me, when I feel better, I want to move forward, but as soon as WDS hits, I feel like that there is no end to it.
At least you are trying to be proactive and you are finding ways to cope with WDS.
Meditation is good. At one stage I used to meditate, but stopped. I found it too stimulating and I am not keen on trying it again.
Reconnect with your loved ones and stay Hopefull! :) Take care, xo

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

#78 tjdeepthinker

tjdeepthinker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 06 February 2017 - 04:52 AM

Holding for deeper healing. 

#79 Hopefull

Hopefull

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:47 AM

Hi TJ,
How are you traveling?
Hope all is well.
Take care, Hopefull. Xo

DRUG HISTORY:

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

#80 tjdeepthinker

tjdeepthinker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:32 AM

Hi TJ,
How are you traveling?
Hope all is well.
Take care, Hopefull. Xo

xxx. Just visited your feed -TJ 

#81 tjdeepthinker

tjdeepthinker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:34 AM

Every experiment needs a 'control'. Since I started withdrawing, I have not had a long hold. I am doing that now. Partly because I just can't withdraw more right now. Okay, mostly because of that. But also... Well, to make it into a sort of positive thing... To see how healthy I can be 'not' withdrawing all the time! 

Hold and Hope. 

-TJ

#82 Hopefull

Hopefull

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:33 PM

That is a smart thing to do.
Hold until you feel like tapering again.
Best wishes, Hopefull. Xo

DRUG HISTORY:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: seroquel, capetown, quetiapine, southafrica