Theon: is it possible to have withdrawal from just 4 months of prozac?

Theon

A little update:

I am still on 10 mg ready to continue tappering.

The physical symptoms have lessened; I experience the brain zaps and the ear pain less often.

The main psychological symptom that i have is still the emotional flatness, that started some months ago as a side effect of the fluoxetine way before starting tappering. I find it difficult to feel enthusiasm,  I feel demotivated about everything, and I am not able to care enough about things, and I have very little sex drive. Before starting fluoxetine I had never had problems with motivation, and I used to care TOO MUCH about everything  (that was what lead me to take fluoxetine in the first place).

The emotion that I feel strongest in me is anger, and I actually like feeling it because it moves me from my emotional numbness. This is making me spending a lot of time reading articles on internet about stories of people who regret having taken psychiatric medications, and feeling angry while reading them.

I am sure now that I prefer the anxious me, the overthinking me, the worrying-too-much me, the NATURAL me, than this person that I am now "thanks" to fluoxetine. 

I am eternally grateful to the internet that has provided me with soooo much information; the official and the unofficial , giving me the ability of creating an opinion about this topic. My doctor only told me the official information.

I don't consider myself completely anti-meds, because I have also read stories of many people who don't regret having taken these medications, but I do think that these medications are very over-prescribed and the fact that 1 in 10 Americans takes antidepressants seems to me a "little" too much.

About me ------------------------ College student with a history of anxiety, excessive worrying and health anxiety.

April 2014 - May 2015----------    Prozac 20mg On and Off.  Second time on it I developed apathy, changes in personality, asexuality.

May 2015  -   July 2015-----------------  Tappering off prozac. Still no feelings,anhedonia, apathy, no libido, asexuality.

Current symptoms--------  pssd (asexuality in my case). Anxiety and depression developed some months afer stopping prozac, could have been caused by obsessing and beating myself up too much when I found myself unable to like girls again. The best thing to do with pssd (which in my case is asexuality) is accept it and move on.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Theon

• O2bhappy

• clearday

• oskcajga

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

If I were you, I'd continue holding at least until the brain zaps stop. Further tapering can make them worse.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Update:

Already on 7.5 mg,  I went from 10 to 7.5 because I don't have liquid fluoxetine, so I have to cut my 20 mg pills in 4 pieces and take 3.

Psychollogically i am still emotionally numb, feeling zombie-like and experiencing lack of sex drive.

The emotion I get the easiest is still anger.

I have not had any brain zap in a week or so, that's very good.  A new physical symptom that I have notice is that I feel always cold. it is 36º C = 97ºF, and I don't feel it!, it is so weird to see everybody around complaining about how hot it is and I can't feel it.  I actually remember having this very same symptom last summer when I first tappered fluoxetine, but I didn't make a link between it and the withdrawal. 

About me ------------------------ College student with a history of anxiety, excessive worrying and health anxiety.

April 2014 - May 2015----------    Prozac 20mg On and Off.  Second time on it I developed apathy, changes in personality, asexuality.

May 2015  -   July 2015-----------------  Tappering off prozac. Still no feelings,anhedonia, apathy, no libido, asexuality.

Current symptoms--------  pssd (asexuality in my case). Anxiety and depression developed some months afer stopping prozac, could have been caused by obsessing and beating myself up too much when I found myself unable to like girls again. The best thing to do with pssd (which in my case is asexuality) is accept it and move on.

• Moderator Emeritus

Already on 7.5 mg,  I went from 10 to 7.5 because I don't have liquid fluoxetine, so I have to cut my 20 mg pills in 4 pieces and take 3.

See:  How to make a liquid from tablets or capsules

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Update:

Already on 7.5 mg,  so I have to cut my 20 mg pills in 4 pieces and take 3.

That's obviously wrong, I am cutting my 20 pills in 8 pieces and taking 3.

I am so fed up with this "not feeling like myself" that started 4 months ago (when fluoxetine began making effects). I hate this new version of me that has been induced by fluoxetine. 

I  want to come back to my real personality: anxious, obsessive and hypochondriac? yes, but I had tons of good things that have also been affected by fluoxetine.

I am worried that I will never go back to myself... 

"we can do a lot of mistakes but not the one that destroys you"

Taking fluoxetine was a mistake, I simply hope it was not THE mistake.

I'm done with this.

Today I was with a friend and we were looking to pictures of girls in a flirting app. I was looking at the pictures but I cannot longer find girls attractive!!! I have never been like this before, Prozac has made this to me!!!!!!!  

April 2014 when I first took prozac my forecast was: you have just anxiety, you will be all right. Now after "treatment" I don't know who I am anymore.

I am  just 22 years old, what is the point of living if my feelings, my tastes, my drive have been stolen??????

I am done. I will quit completely before the end of July.

I know what you are thinking that I should not quit so fast but let me remind you: I have just taken  20 mg 4 months, and I have already been tappering for another 2 months. So far half as much time tappering as on the drug.

And what is more important, these 4 months of fluoxetine + 2 months tappering have been a hell of side effects with almost no benefits. 

I would give anything to feel like I did on january again, to be myself.

I know how frustrating this is Theon. I'm 29, older than you, and still feel like "I'm too young to be dealing with this ****". Not that older people should be dealing with it, no one should. Do what you feel is best, but keep in mind that things can get a lot worse if you do a very fast taper or CT. I'm in a similar position to you - I started these meds in September 2014 and did a fast taper over a couple of weeks in January-February 2015. So six months. Then I had to reinstate 5mg Cipralex, then messed with the other drug with disastrous results. So I'll be tapering much longer than I've been on them, but I don't see any other way of surviving this. Good luck to you whatever you decide to do. 

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Experiencing waves and windows in the following months.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.
December - things getting even worse.

January - unbearable suffering

to bluebalu86 I'm 29 too and cipralex too...strange life!!! I also feel too young to be on this...but also I'm really grateful for "normal" years in the past (which is also a duble sided coin, if you remember good times maybe it's worse) ...I just only hope we could be stronger than this and recover!!! <3

to Theon   my libido is 90% gone! (Poor my boyfriend!) But I think you don't have to force yourself because you'll make it worse...if you're like me I start thinking "uh I don't fell nothing today, neither yesterday, neither tomorrow, I'm doomed for ever" no no....just give it time....

which engeneering are you studying? Hugs!!!

06/2012 - 02/2015 CIPRALEX 10 mg (for somatic abdominal pain + reflux) - prior to this NOT any significant episode of anxiety/depression

on medication: emotional-sexual numbness, total inability to cry, +8 kg, fatigue -> abdominal pain gone

02/2015 - 1/04/2015 tapering from 10 mg to 0 mg doctor advised

05/05/2015 huge anxiety, burning skin sensation, panic, fear, not able to cry again, never-had-before insomnia, totally lost appetite, little loss of vision in one eye, sweating, chest pain, short breath, restlessness, accelerated heartbeat, mild akathisia legs-feet

30/05/2015 reinstated 8mg (I was suggested 5 mg here)

middle 07/2015 general improving

10/2015 start disastrous too long taper 7mg  11/2015 6mg  12/2015 5mg 1/2016 4mg  2/2016 4mg  3/2016 3mg ->FAIL back to 4mg .... 8/2016 3mg 8/2017 2mg  (short wave in summer '17) 8/2018 2mg stable  8/2019 1mg  1/2020 0.6 mg 

1/APRIL/2020 0mg FREE!

7/2020 - 10/2020 MILD WAVE(mostly anxiety, poor sleep)

6/2021 - 9/2021 WAVE (anxiety, severe insomnia, total loss of appetite, deep depression, internal restlessness, anhedonia)  0.125g triazolam  2 times

18/03/2022 WAVE (anxiety, severe insomnia, total loss of appetite, PAIN in muscles and nerves, arms and right leg,cannot exercise,hard to walk) 0.125g triazolam 3 times

7/5 rein 0.1mg

• Mentor

welcome  x  I am a female, off the drugs (different drugs), yeah I am back to better than before.  I was on the hormonal pill for most of my life, didnt realise how that destroyed my sex life. Just gotta find partner now!  Bitter sweet...... the pills destroy relationships,  that sexual attraction from a womans perspective....... that spark, was killed during my effexor years..... luckily that was only 10 years of my life, that effexor destroyed my marriage, a man I met at 16, and was with for nearly 30 years..

So more for a woman, that romance is destroyed...how can I describe it, not romance, that spark!!!!!  The pills kill that spark........start to hate everyone!  Distrust everyone!.             You will be fine, takes time!

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.

Go as slow as possible. I was only on an AD for 2 months, cold turkey we and 12 weeks off I am still in distress. Please make sure you have a support person if you are not able to handle day to day things.

Dec 2014 I tried Zoloft 25mg for one week (adverse reaction - extreme anxiety and felt like I was on an amphetamine). Dr. said to quit cold turkey, so I not only quit Zoloft but also 2 weeks of Xanax .25mg -- extreme dizziness, hyperarousal and anxiety began! On Jan. 29, 2015 my psychiatrist put me on new stuff and this is how my next 2 months and 7 days looked like (I was having the same bad reactions to all of these):Effexor XR 37.5mg (3 days) - throwing up, heart palpations, night tremors/convulsions or something where whole body shakes for a second, Prozac 10mg (15 days), Prozac 20mg (7 days) - internal restlessness, electric current through body/brain (not zaps), agitation, intense fear and could no longer nap at this point (still can't today because of this), Lexapro 5mg (4 days) - same as Prozac, a horror show...extreme internal agitation, Lexapro 7.5mg (2 days), Lexapro 10mg (16 days), Zoloft 12.5mg (3 days)...she said try it again since my blood relative does well on it, Zoloft 25mg (7 days) - same as before and getting worse!! Zoloft 50mg (6 days), Zoloft 25mg (4 days and then came off cold turkey on April 8, 2015). I used Xanax .25mg about 7 times per month through all of this until June 30, 2015 (my last benzo dose). Extreme anxiety, nervous system traumatized, mental akathisia, anger triggered by nothing but the brain totally going off on its own, feeling of a pressurized electric current going through me like my brain and body are trying to explode, stress reaction x10000 to everything, waking in terror lasting all day, fear, very sensitive, brain can't keep up, don't know what to do with myself, feeling like everything is going too fast and I can't keep up, helium head, deep depression like something is ripping out my soul, out of my mind, can hardly drive or be alone, cognitive issues, simple tasks are so complex and straining, feel disturbed because the brain can't process anything right even though your brain tries so hard and it makes you go mad, episodes of deep anguish with a sick toxic poison feeling (like you have some unknown virus).

if you're like me I start thinking "uh I don't fell nothing today, neither yesterday, neither tomorrow, I'm doomed for ever" no no....just give it time....

That's exactly me :P, I have always been that way. Huggs to you too!

I know how frustrating this is Theon. I'm 29, older than you, and still feel like "I'm too young to be dealing with this ****". Not that older people should be dealing with it, no one should. Do what you feel is best, but keep in mind that things can get a lot worse if you do a very fast taper or CT. I'm in a similar position to you - I started these meds in September 2014 and did a fast taper over a couple of weeks in January-February 2015. So six months. Then I had to reinstate 5mg Cipralex, then messed with the other drug with disastrous results. So I'll be tapering much longer than I've been on them, but I don't see any other way of surviving this. Good luck to you whatever you decide to do. 

Thank you blue, I hope it all goes well to you and we all here learn again to deal with our conditions without meds as we used to do before we started them.

Go as slow as possible. I was only on an AD for 2 months, cold turkey we and 12 weeks off I am still in distress. Please make sure you have a support person if you are not able to handle day to day things.

I will go slow but I will be done this month :).

I hope you recover soon from your bad reactions.

This second experience with prozac (the first one was last year that I took it for 3 months) has been almost a bad reaction to me (so many side effects), so I will read your thread to know what to expect.

Possibly new symptom?

4 nights in a row that my nose starts bleeding with no apparent cause, and it keeps bleeding way too long. It bleeds equially through both holes, and sometimes when one stops bleeding, the other one starts. During the day it also bleeds sometimes but not so often. I saw in a website that nosebleed is a symptom of prozac withdrawal, so here I am, a new symptom of this drug that I should have never taken.

"Thank you doctor for inform me about this" ironical.

I am currently experiencing stiffness in my head/neck, and an unpleasant feeling of not being able to relax. This feeling comes and goes.

is this the high cortisol that I have read about in some threads?

Libido still non-existant. Still emotionally flat.

• Administrator

The stiffness is a symptom of muscle tension. You might find massage, chiropractic, or acupuncture to be helpful.

Some people find rubbing magnesium oil on stiff areas helps.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Thank you altostrata,I'm getting hot showers and they help with that.

Psychologically the apathy is all over the place,no libido , no interest about anything... Hating this apathy, being sad and anxious before prozac was so much better.

Good news is that i don't have brain zaps and tinnitus anymore.

Hating this apathy, being sad and anxious before prozac was so much better.

That's basically the take-home-message from SSRI withdrawal. 

Experiencing a wave of irritability, inability to relax, bouts of anger, bouts of nervousness... who is this monster I have become... i dont recognize myself

• Administrator

That is such good news about the brain zaps and tinnitus going away. Hang in, you'll get through the waves.

The emotional flatness has eased a bit.

Today when I was alone at home I was feeling lonely and wanted company, it was not a good feeling, but I like it more than the apathy, so for me it's a step forward.

Ok, I spoke too soon about things getting better. Now i am having a wave of inner restlessness, lately they are common

Maybe i should get magnesium supplements

• Administrator

Ok, I spoke too soon about things getting better. Now i am having a wave of inner restlessness, lately they are common

Maybe i should get magnesium supplements

Not to be the voice of negativity but if you do decide to give magnesium a try, I would take a very low dose initially and increase very gradually.   While many folks have had no problems with magnesium during withdrawal, your system may be quite sensitive and that is why caution is warranted big time.

Best of luck.

49er

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

Thank you for your answers Altostrata and compsports.

Hello people,

I have been tappering fluoxetine since the end of April until now, and I have already took the last dose. I know it has been a faster tappering than the one advised here, but regarding that I only took it 4 months, I think that a 3 months tappering should not be so bad.

The withdrawal is not being very bad so far, only some short waves of restlessness, but what bothers me most is the feeling that my personality has changed a lot due to the pills and I hate this new personality, I miss my old self...

Anyways, I think patience and acceptance are key in this journey... So that's what I will do, fill myself with patience and acceptance.

I agree with you , Theon.  I think that's all you can do.  I miss "me" too.  Have you tried the "magnesium". ?

I think "acceptance" is  what we have to do, "physically & emotionally".   It's hard , but I think it's worth it.   :)

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

I've not tried it yet, I am eating 3/4 bananas a day instead because I read there is a lot of magnesium in them.

It's so hard to be patient..., but time is our best friend :)

You're right. It' s so hard to be patient.  But it's all about "time".

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Update:

7 months since I started prozac.

3 months since I started tappering.

some days since I took my last dose.

Waves of inner restlessness followed by waves of emotional anesthesia like if i was still on prozac.

Libido still non existant.

Some mild physical symptoms such as ear pain. But quite mild.

The emotional anesthesia is maybe easing a bit... it's hard to know.

I am going tomorrow to a 12 days stay on a voluntary work camp that I had planned since the begining of the year.

It's going to be 12 days of hard physical work with little sleep, an expericence that would be demanding in normal conditions, now in withdrawal it will be (demanding)^2. 

Before prozac (just some months ago) , I loved to do physical work because it was the best way to distract myself from my natural anxiety.

Now with this withdrawal I am sooo lazy that I don't even read (something that I have always loved), and the apathy does not help either.

It will be extra hard but I will do it, and I will remember it as that work camp that I did during withdrawal.

Wow!!!  I can't even make it into a store! Good luck and let us know how it goes!  Remember not to push yourself too hard if you are having a hard time because you are going through something very difficult not many people  can understand.

Dec 2014 I tried Zoloft 25mg for one week (adverse reaction - extreme anxiety and felt like I was on an amphetamine). Dr. said to quit cold turkey, so I not only quit Zoloft but also 2 weeks of Xanax .25mg -- extreme dizziness, hyperarousal and anxiety began! On Jan. 29, 2015 my psychiatrist put me on new stuff and this is how my next 2 months and 7 days looked like (I was having the same bad reactions to all of these):Effexor XR 37.5mg (3 days) - throwing up, heart palpations, night tremors/convulsions or something where whole body shakes for a second, Prozac 10mg (15 days), Prozac 20mg (7 days) - internal restlessness, electric current through body/brain (not zaps), agitation, intense fear and could no longer nap at this point (still can't today because of this), Lexapro 5mg (4 days) - same as Prozac, a horror show...extreme internal agitation, Lexapro 7.5mg (2 days), Lexapro 10mg (16 days), Zoloft 12.5mg (3 days)...she said try it again since my blood relative does well on it, Zoloft 25mg (7 days) - same as before and getting worse!! Zoloft 50mg (6 days), Zoloft 25mg (4 days and then came off cold turkey on April 8, 2015). I used Xanax .25mg about 7 times per month through all of this until June 30, 2015 (my last benzo dose). Extreme anxiety, nervous system traumatized, mental akathisia, anger triggered by nothing but the brain totally going off on its own, feeling of a pressurized electric current going through me like my brain and body are trying to explode, stress reaction x10000 to everything, waking in terror lasting all day, fear, very sensitive, brain can't keep up, don't know what to do with myself, feeling like everything is going too fast and I can't keep up, helium head, deep depression like something is ripping out my soul, out of my mind, can hardly drive or be alone, cognitive issues, simple tasks are so complex and straining, feel disturbed because the brain can't process anything right even though your brain tries so hard and it makes you go mad, episodes of deep anguish with a sick toxic poison feeling (like you have some unknown virus).

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there, I am back from my voluntary work trip.

There has been good and bad things about this trip, I'll start with the good ones.

On the bright side, my productivity has been better than I expected, I worked hard and well even though I slept 5/6 hours per day for almost 2 weeks. The first 2 days were harder but the more I worked, the easier it was. Also, my physical health is very good, and the physical withdrawal symptoms that I was having (earpain, blurred vision, brain zaps) are now rare.

Now the bad side.

The dark side is summarized by saying that I am still somewhat a zombie, and this has not improved even a little since I got it as a side effect from prozac some months ago.

This include lack of empathy, lack of sense of humor, lack of libido, lack of sense of accomplishment, sense of not caring about anything, difficulty making decisions because everything is just the same for me, lack of bad mood, lack of good mood, lack of feelings of fear, lack of feelings of love, etc.

I have never been bad socializing, but all this stuff makes it so hard.

I am having a good diet, plenty of exercise and I don't drink alcohol.  I don't even drink any caffeine. I cannot do anything else to help my brain recover itself... only wait and continue my life the best I can.

Am I the only one with waves of restlessness in which i have the urge to break everything, or to punch the wall or to punch myself?

It's difficult to control..

HI Theon,

After I finished my WD, I had horrific anger issues.   Got into a fight with a clerk at a hotel store about an excessive price for candy.  I later apologized but I was so embarrassed.

Sounds like you are experiencing unfortunately normal withdrawal issues in which the only solution is to be very kind and patient with yourself.

Am I the only one with waves of restlessness in which i have the urge to break everything, or to punch the wall or to punch myself?

It's difficult to control..

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Theon... I've merged this topic with your intro thread because it's relevant to your personal journey and you will get more responses there.  Thanks

edit..

If you are having difficulty keeping track of your intro thread, please link it to your sig line.. see mine for an example.

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Theon,  yes I had anger issues in the beginning and around 3-4 months it came back.  It's almost like you I have a short fuse.  You look at me the wrong way I will go nuts in my head.  If you say something dumb to me, the same.  It's like I can't take any stress or anything.