If you find useful information here, your gift would help keep this site going. Our staff is entirely volunteer.

Photo
- - - - -

How to calculate dosages?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 pattypurple

pattypurple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSt Paul, MN

Posted 27 May 2015 - 10:21 AM

Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations

nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

excel-spreadsheet-to-calculate-dose-weights-using-a-scale

Hi there. New to all of this. I'm embarrassed to say I have difficulty with math (due to ECT and hey, maybe also due to all these meds(?!)). Can someone tell me what is 10% of 5mg? Is that .5mg? Do you multiply by .10 and then subtract that from the total dose? 

Thank you for not laughing or screaming or sighing (or at least keeping it to yourself!)

[Bows head in shame]

Edited by ChessieCat, 03 March 2017 - 08:14 PM.
Added links

Lexapro: Completed taper 9-30-15

Lamictal: Current dose 100mg (tapered from 250mg in 2014)--Hoping to begin taper mid-late 2016

Wellbutrin: Current dose 50mg IR in am only (tapered from 150mg XL starting late January 2016)--planning to stop completely in the next few weeks

Trazodone: Stopped late November 2015

Vistaril: Current dose 50mg as needed for anxiety (I take this about once or twice a month)

Melatonin: 10mg at bedtime
As I make the transition to less and less meds, I plan to continue/increase the following: yoga, exercise, light box therapy, gardening, whole foods/plant-based eating, acupuncture, meditation, and individual therapy (including possibly EMDR in the near future)--THESE are the best meds for me!

(BTW, I've been on many combinations of meds over the past 30 years. These are just my most recent ones.)

#2 LoveandLight

LoveandLight

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts
  • LocationUk

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:17 AM

Don't worry about this..I think many people here (ok, will speak for myself) ;) have problems with this.

And I'll leave someone else to answer the question :D
2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

#3 dalsaan

dalsaan

• Moderators
  • 2,040 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:50 PM

Hi there. New to all of this. I'm embarrassed to say I have difficulty with math (due to ECT and hey, maybe also due to all these meds(?!)). Can someone tell me what is 10% of 5mg? Is that .5mg? Do you multiply by .10 and then subtract that from the total dose? 

Thank you for not laughing or screaming or sighing (or at least keeping it to yourself!)

[Bows head in shame]

No need to bow your head in shame - that is the way to calculate your dose reductions.  Dose X .10 = amount to be deducted from current dose

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.
Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.
Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.
Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.
Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).
Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

>My intro post is here - http://survivinganti...ic/2250-dalsaan

#4 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,980 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:57 PM

Here's a tip, everyone: If you want someone to do math for you, be polite in your request and gracious in your thanks.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

#5 bluebalu86

bluebalu86

Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts
  • LocationSofia, Bulgaria

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:59 AM

Hi patty

This is what I could do. I will have my father help out with this when he comes home he's really good with math. I calculated these with an Excel spreadsheet. This is the dose minus 10% of the dose, starting from 5 mg. If you are using an Excel spreadsheet you should create two separate columns A and B. A is where you write the current dose, and for B you use the formula B1=(A1-(A1*10%)). Then you copy the formula all across the column and it calculates each new dose.

These are the numbers I came up with. May or may not be correct. 

5.00 4.50 4.05 3.65 3.29 2.96 2.66 2.39 2.15 1.94 1.75 1.58 1.42 1.28 1.15 1.04 0.94 0.85 0.77 0.69 0.62 0.56 0.50 0.45 0.41 0.37 0.33 0.30 0.27 0.24 0.22 0.20 0.18 0.16 0.14 0.13 0.12 0.11 0.10 0.09 0.08 0.07 0.06

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Experiencing waves and windows in the following months.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.
December - things getting even worse.

January - unbearable suffering

#6 mammaP

mammaP

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 4,060 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:24 PM

That is very impressive Blu, thank you for working that out for Patty, I am useless with figures too! 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

See how to create a signature here http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/12364-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

Many drugs for many years, prescribed diazepam first 1973, took occasionally. 3 or 4 tricyclics  for short periods.

1993 had a breakdown leading to 10 years of drug experiments with all classes of psych drugs.

2002  effexor. 

Tapered by counting beads from March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Also tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg -hold- Feb2016 46mg  March 8 2016 45 April 44mg  May 11  43mg June 14 42mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, pro biotic.

My story http://survivinganti...king-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Following every sunset is a brand new day

#7 pattypurple

pattypurple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSt Paul, MN

Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:09 AM

Hi patty

This is what I could do. I will have my father help out with this when he comes home he's really good with math. I calculated these with an Excel spreadsheet. This is the dose minus 10% of the dose, starting from 5 mg. If you are using an Excel spreadsheet you should create two separate columns A and B. A is where you write the current dose, and for B you use the formula B1=(A1-(A1*10%)). Then you copy the formula all across the column and it calculates each new dose.

These are the numbers I came up with. May or may not be correct. 

5.00 4.50 4.05 3.65 3.29 2.96 2.66 2.39 2.15 1.94 1.75 1.58 1.42 1.28 1.15 1.04 0.94 0.85 0.77 0.69 0.62 0.56 0.50 0.45 0.41 0.37 0.33 0.30 0.27 0.24 0.22 0.20 0.18 0.16 0.14 0.13 0.12 0.11 0.10 0.09 0.08 0.07 0.06

Wow! Thanks so much for this, bluebalu86!

Lexapro: Completed taper 9-30-15

Lamictal: Current dose 100mg (tapered from 250mg in 2014)--Hoping to begin taper mid-late 2016

Wellbutrin: Current dose 50mg IR in am only (tapered from 150mg XL starting late January 2016)--planning to stop completely in the next few weeks

Trazodone: Stopped late November 2015

Vistaril: Current dose 50mg as needed for anxiety (I take this about once or twice a month)

Melatonin: 10mg at bedtime
As I make the transition to less and less meds, I plan to continue/increase the following: yoga, exercise, light box therapy, gardening, whole foods/plant-based eating, acupuncture, meditation, and individual therapy (including possibly EMDR in the near future)--THESE are the best meds for me!

(BTW, I've been on many combinations of meds over the past 30 years. These are just my most recent ones.)

#8 bluebalu86

bluebalu86

Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts
  • LocationSofia, Bulgaria

Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:49 AM

You're most welcome. Make sure you double check everything. If X is the old dose and Y is the new dose, you do the math like this:

Y = X-(0.1 x X)

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Experiencing waves and windows in the following months.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.
December - things getting even worse.

January - unbearable suffering

#9 Skyler

Skyler

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,289 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 03 June 2015 - 01:25 PM

I just came across a math tool that will calculate the % of however many mgs. you want to cut.  Use the first box, and enter % you want to reduce in the first space, and the number of mgs. you are taking in the second, then hit calculate.  Just do the same with each successive dose, and it will give you the figures you need for your taper.

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

#10 BuddhaMama

BuddhaMama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:24 PM

I understand how to calculate 5% of my original dose (15mg - .75mg=14.25mg), but what I don't understand is how to translate this to my 1ml syringe. If my suspension liquid contains 15mg per 1ml, how do I calculate 14.25mg in a 1ml syringe?

OFF Paxil 1996-1997 CT, no w/d sxs

OFF Celexa 2002 (6 months) CT, mild and brief w/d sxs

OFF Ativan 1mg-Cold Turkey 2014, WD Syndrome for several weeks despite intermittent use over 9 months rather than daily use.

OFF Lexapro 3 doses only February 2015 (increased depression)

OFF Paxil 3 doses only July 2016 (increased anxiety)

ON Remeron 15mg daily since AUG 2016 for PPD/PPA/PPOCD Tried cutting dose by 1/4 tablet  December 1, 2016, one week of intense withdrawal headaches, reinstated 15mg dose December 8, 2016.

ON bioidentical Progesterone cream 50mg/day originally started for self diagnosed estrogen dominance April 2015, continued use during pregnancy to alleviate hormonal headaches October 2015-July 2016, continued postpartum to help with mood July 2016-present.

Supplements: Magnesium, Fish Oil, Probiotics

Tried Methylfolate Sept 2016 to "potentiate" Remeron - ended up experiencing worsened side effects (mainly irritability bordering on rage) Discontinued after two doses.

BEGAN REMERON TAPER Feb 2 2017 by switching to different manufacturer of tablet mirtazipine (manufacturer that matches my liquid solution). Holding 15mg dose until adjusted. Plan to eventually do half liquid, half tablet (still 15mg), then all liquid (15mg), then .95ml of 15mg per ml liquid (a 5% reduction) depending on how I respond to adjusting from tablet to liquid.

#11 nz11

nz11

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,603 posts
  • LocationWaipu NZ

Posted 28 December 2016 - 09:47 PM

Buddhamama

This might sound like a silly question but would you be so kind to clarify something first.

Could you just explain to me what you have done to make your solution.

Did you buy it like that? Did you make it yourself ?

2000 amitryptaline, nortriptaline venlafaxine clonazepam for  arm pain from keyboard use, told I had a chemical imbalance it would fix my arm was just a matter of finding the right med for me not informed of the nature of these drugs assured safe and not addictive, CT off Effexor after being told to double the dose on reporting adverse effects...later ..uncharacteristic psych panic tearful presented to doctor to get answers. Given paroxetine no questions asked 'safe and not addictive' next please.2001-2010 paroxetine (paxil) 2 failed attempts to quit, a learned helplessness set in. Feb 10 - Sept 10,  8 month clueless taper, hell. Doc said I had underlying depression .. I said that's not right' then found online support group and the truth!...overcome with inconceivable humiliation and outrage. 28 Sept 10 drug free ...  daily psych and emotional torture beginning in the waking hours of the morning receding somewhat in the evening only to start up again the next day. 28 Sept 12 (24 months) Stabilizing  (What an indescribable unimaginable non-functional nightmare). sleep issues start up at 3 yrs  waking daily at 2am -4.30am), April 2016 return to sport for the first time since drug free, Sept 16 return to work on casual basis.  28 Sept 16 (6yrs drug free), still cant sleep with any regularity, pssd continues no sign of improvement, still feel Rip van Winkle-ish, brain fog still improving, psoriasis concerns.

"It is unsafe for people who suffer from something that could be treated with an ssri to consult a psychiatrist." Gotzshe 2015. [ I think Gotzsche could have easily meant to say 'to consult anyone with prescribing privileges']. "Going to a psychiatrist is one of the most dangerous actions a person can take." Breggin

“Paroxetine is not safe, it is not effective and it meets every known definition of addictive.” McLaren, N, (2016) 'Psychiatry as bullsh*t’ p55..."Psychiatry is stuffed full of 'deep nonsense' better known as bullsh*t." McLaren 2016

"Within the first week of when you go on an antidepressant you may have a sexual dysfunction, it can go on forever, often only appearing when you go off the drug ...its extraordinarily common" Healy 2015

See  my intro post #451 for the xanax back story and for a CV -GSKs.  Come on guys get taperwise see a TaperMe Schedule

For a staggeringly shocking 'prozac back story' see the truth post #523

"If I were an enemy combatant and the NZ army did this to me someone would be dragged to the Hague and jailed!"  nz11

#12 nz11

nz11

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,603 posts
  • LocationWaipu NZ

Posted 28 December 2016 - 11:27 PM

okay after doing a search i found that remeron can be bought in 15mg per ml solution.

I was just surprised that you can dissolve 15 mg in just 1 ml but apparently you can.

okay in that case if you want 14.25 mg you need to take 0.95 ml.

You simply divide the desired mg dose by 15 and take that in mls.

nz11

note to myself:  2 dp is needed in my liquid spreadsheet calculator not one.

2000 amitryptaline, nortriptaline venlafaxine clonazepam for  arm pain from keyboard use, told I had a chemical imbalance it would fix my arm was just a matter of finding the right med for me not informed of the nature of these drugs assured safe and not addictive, CT off Effexor after being told to double the dose on reporting adverse effects...later ..uncharacteristic psych panic tearful presented to doctor to get answers. Given paroxetine no questions asked 'safe and not addictive' next please.2001-2010 paroxetine (paxil) 2 failed attempts to quit, a learned helplessness set in. Feb 10 - Sept 10,  8 month clueless taper, hell. Doc said I had underlying depression .. I said that's not right' then found online support group and the truth!...overcome with inconceivable humiliation and outrage. 28 Sept 10 drug free ...  daily psych and emotional torture beginning in the waking hours of the morning receding somewhat in the evening only to start up again the next day. 28 Sept 12 (24 months) Stabilizing  (What an indescribable unimaginable non-functional nightmare). sleep issues start up at 3 yrs  waking daily at 2am -4.30am), April 2016 return to sport for the first time since drug free, Sept 16 return to work on casual basis.  28 Sept 16 (6yrs drug free), still cant sleep with any regularity, pssd continues no sign of improvement, still feel Rip van Winkle-ish, brain fog still improving, psoriasis concerns.

"It is unsafe for people who suffer from something that could be treated with an ssri to consult a psychiatrist." Gotzshe 2015. [ I think Gotzsche could have easily meant to say 'to consult anyone with prescribing privileges']. "Going to a psychiatrist is one of the most dangerous actions a person can take." Breggin

“Paroxetine is not safe, it is not effective and it meets every known definition of addictive.” McLaren, N, (2016) 'Psychiatry as bullsh*t’ p55..."Psychiatry is stuffed full of 'deep nonsense' better known as bullsh*t." McLaren 2016

"Within the first week of when you go on an antidepressant you may have a sexual dysfunction, it can go on forever, often only appearing when you go off the drug ...its extraordinarily common" Healy 2015

See  my intro post #451 for the xanax back story and for a CV -GSKs.  Come on guys get taperwise see a TaperMe Schedule

For a staggeringly shocking 'prozac back story' see the truth post #523

"If I were an enemy combatant and the NZ army did this to me someone would be dragged to the Hague and jailed!"  nz11

#13 ChessieCat

ChessieCat

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,970 posts
  • LocationSydney Australia

Posted 12 February 2017 - 03:35 PM

[Bows head in shame]

No need to bow your head in shame - that is the way to calculate your dose reductions.  Dose X .10 = amount to be deducted from current dose

I find it easier to just multiply the dose by 0.90 for a 10% decrease or 0.95 for a 5% decrease.

Or you can use the above way and then double check by multiplying by my suggested method.

Explanation:  0.90 = 90% and 0.95 = 95% so you are calculating the amount of dose you need, not what you need to deduct.  Doing it this way means one less calculation therefore reducing the risk of error.

Podcasts:    Let's Talk Withdrawal

Antidepressants:  25 years - 1 unknown, Prozac (caused muscle weakness), Zoloft; Cipramil CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks soon after)

Pristiq:  50mg mid 2012, 100mg beg 2014 (mild Serotonin Toxicity)     Current:  Pristiq 25mg (from 21 April 2017)

Tapering history & graph

My website - includes my brief history + links to videos & information on the web

I've still got a way to go ... but I've already come a long way!!!

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.

#14 BuddhaMama

BuddhaMama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 03 March 2017 - 07:32 PM

okay after doing a search i found that remeron can be bought in 15mg per ml solution.

I was just surprised that you can dissolve 15 mg in just 1 ml but apparently you can.

okay in that case if you want 14.25 mg you need to take 0.95 ml.

You simply divide the desired mg dose by 15 and take that in mls.

nz11

note to myself:  2 dp is needed in my liquid spreadsheet calculator not one.

I think the reason I'm having such a hard time with the syringe is because I want to do the BrassMonkey slide method of 2.5% decreases. My 1ml syringe only has 5 tick marks between each 10th of a ml. So, my first decrease of 2.5% would fall somewhere between the tick marks that lie between 1ml and .9ml, which makes me feel like it's a lot less accurate and therefore more likely to throw my body off. I'm super duper sensitive. Should I use a digital scale? all the searching I've done on SA regarding scale usage seems to only discuss tablets, powders and beads, not liquids. Help please!

OFF Paxil 1996-1997 CT, no w/d sxs

OFF Celexa 2002 (6 months) CT, mild and brief w/d sxs

OFF Ativan 1mg-Cold Turkey 2014, WD Syndrome for several weeks despite intermittent use over 9 months rather than daily use.

OFF Lexapro 3 doses only February 2015 (increased depression)

OFF Paxil 3 doses only July 2016 (increased anxiety)

ON Remeron 15mg daily since AUG 2016 for PPD/PPA/PPOCD Tried cutting dose by 1/4 tablet  December 1, 2016, one week of intense withdrawal headaches, reinstated 15mg dose December 8, 2016.

ON bioidentical Progesterone cream 50mg/day originally started for self diagnosed estrogen dominance April 2015, continued use during pregnancy to alleviate hormonal headaches October 2015-July 2016, continued postpartum to help with mood July 2016-present.

Supplements: Magnesium, Fish Oil, Probiotics

Tried Methylfolate Sept 2016 to "potentiate" Remeron - ended up experiencing worsened side effects (mainly irritability bordering on rage) Discontinued after two doses.

BEGAN REMERON TAPER Feb 2 2017 by switching to different manufacturer of tablet mirtazipine (manufacturer that matches my liquid solution). Holding 15mg dose until adjusted. Plan to eventually do half liquid, half tablet (still 15mg), then all liquid (15mg), then .95ml of 15mg per ml liquid (a 5% reduction) depending on how I respond to adjusting from tablet to liquid.

#15 LexAnger

LexAnger

Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:04 PM

You can dilute the liquid 10 times by adding water into it, then the measure should be much more accurate.
<p>2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain; Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg, first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg, slight improvement with pain2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR2016 Feb., started fast taper for the drug toxicity caused by the one dose of 4.2mg, dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, sliding Down to 0.13mg by 2/13, then 0.07mg since 2/18, 0.06mg 2/20-3/17, 0.13mg 3/18

#16 ChessieCat

ChessieCat

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,970 posts
  • LocationSydney Australia

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:13 PM

Have you seen this topic:  Using an oral syringe and other tapering techniques

Podcasts:    Let's Talk Withdrawal

Antidepressants:  25 years - 1 unknown, Prozac (caused muscle weakness), Zoloft; Cipramil CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks soon after)

Pristiq:  50mg mid 2012, 100mg beg 2014 (mild Serotonin Toxicity)     Current:  Pristiq 25mg (from 21 April 2017)

Tapering history & graph

My website - includes my brief history + links to videos & information on the web

I've still got a way to go ... but I've already come a long way!!!

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.