divalee: 24 months off Zoloft

divalee

• Moderator Emeritus

You are strong, Lee. As Yoda said, "Try not. Do or do not. There is no try." <_<

The intensity of your anxiety increases and decreases, right?  This is one of those increases. Rest assured that that a decrease is coming. 

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• divalee

• apace41

• AliG

• direstraits

Top Posters In This Topic

Scallywag yes - thank you .......I know....it is just that it gets too much sometimes....I hope you are right that the decrease is coming....sure looking forward to it (smile).

Thank you for answering.....how are you doing...hopefully much much better than I am.

Love

Lee

xxx

Zoloft started for 8 years - 150 mg capsules

Started tapering December 3, 2011,

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

While tapering WDS were tolerable

Off Zoloft debilitating WDS the worst starting around 6 months off

even worse after 18 months off

Now 35 months off - still in a terrible wave for months now.

sorry you still suffer so much...I'm in a bad way ,too...can hardly get off the couch the last few days...it's just torture...otherworldly experience...my eyes are bad too....we just have to believe it will get better at some point....hopefully soon!

My thoughts are with youand pray you get some relief soon....take care.

xoxo

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Lee, sending healing thoughts your way.

Current dose: 0! Free!  Quit June 2017.

2017: Last dose zoloft: 17 June 0,00065 mg 18 May 0, 001 mg 14 May 0,002 mg 9 May 0,003 mg 28 April 0,006 mg 19 April 0,009 mg 8 April 0,013 mg 25 March 0,019 mg 22 March 0,039 mg 18 March 0,052 mg 16 March 0,079 mg 4 March 0,086 1 March 0,099 mg 22 February 0,11 mg 15 February 0,13 mg 6 February 0,145 mg 24 January 0,15 mg 19 January 0,19 mg 10 January 0,20 mg 3 January

2016: 0,98 to 0,22 mg; 2015: 2,35 to 1,01 mg; 2014: 4,9 to 2,5 mg; 2013: 9,1 to 5,1 mg; 2012: 15,7 to 9,7 mg; 2011: Started on 25 mg - then 50 mg- dropped to 25- to 12.5 mg - back to 25 mg - after 18.75 mg started tiny tapering to 16.6 mg

Started on 25 mg Zoloft in March 2011 due to stressrelated tinnitus that gave me panicattacks. Had a terrible reaction to Zoloft from start, but was told to "hold on". After four months I was stuck. Therefore the long taper. Crazy, I know... Super sensitive to drops and have dropped by 4-6 % from the previous dose.

Direstraits and AmyK   -  

Direstraits....I am sorry you are suffering too - let us all be as strong as we can be - we have each other here thank God. I will pray for you and everyone here....we suffer so much because of those Drugs and I only took Zoloft nothing more.  Are you still tapering too xxx

AmyK - I see you are still tapering -  slowly please Amy - I am sending healing thoughts your way too...xxx

If happy little blue birds fly

Beyond the rainbow

So can.....you.....and......I

Love

Lee

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

I'm 25 months off Paxil after too fast taper.

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Direstraits -  Yes well I was taking Zoloft and it only comes in capsule form of 25, 50 and 100 mgs.  So I had to taper 25mgs at once but stayed on it for 4 months then another 25 mgs and so on  - too one a year and a half to get off completely, still the 25mgs at a shot was too much of a drop I think.  I took it for 8 years at 150mgs per day. I never ever took anything else...

Still suffering 3years and one month today.....lately my anxiety level has gotten worse...thinking all sorts of things blaming the Blood pressure medication -  I know it isn't that because all the symptoms of have were there way before I took blood pressure pills which I have been taking only for 3 months now. 

How are your eyes bad Dire -  mine get blurred and distorted - I read up on how WDs can do that big time...and then on top of that the anxiety of it all just makes it so much worse.

I hope you and everyone suffering will get better soon...it is horrible to live this way....

Thank you again for taking the time to answer me

Love

Lee (f)

xxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

your taper was much longer than mine...I only did about 7 weeks and skipped doses...all wrong ...but even what we think is slow like yours can still be too fast...if only we'd known..

I have the blurry vision...sometimes burning,light sensitive,tics.

I'm feeling a bit better today,thankfully.I hope you're doing OK.

hugs,ds

Hi Lee,

Thank you for stopping by my thread. I'm sorry you haven't had much relief in 3 years. It's a long time to suffer. Have you tried Magnesium for WD anxiety? I imagine you thought of a lot things to help but just figured I would ask. I've heard sipping it throughout the day has helped some. Hope you can find some peace today. ~~hugs~~

-C

Intermittent Klonopin use February, 2014 to September, 2015

- Off of SSRIs completely since April, 2012 

- Had horrible side effects from Celexa (constant feelings of terror, insomnia) so stopped taking it after 6 weeks

- Started 20 mg of Celexa in February 2012

- Began to taper off of Zoloft in May, 2011, off Zoloft completely September, 2011

- Increased Zoloft to 75 mg October, 2010 and decreased back to 50 mg in February, 2011

- June 2009- Went on 50 mg of Zoloft

- October, 2007 - July, 2008- Celexa 20 mgs (tapered off fairly quickly)

- 2006-2007- On Effoxor for about 8 months- switched to Prozac and cold turkeyed off

- 2005- Paxil and Lamictal for a few months but stopped taking because it didn't work

- 2004- Paxil for a few months but quit taking because of increased feelings of depression

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Again

I think I can pinpoint how I feel - it is a feeling of wanting to shake myself back in to reality - as if I am not here -  What is that called....like in a state where you cant wake up to reality - it is a horrible feeling - 

It seems I am getting worse, not better and I now think I will never get better - depression has deepened and it seems there is nothing left -  I feel lthere is no hope left - 3 years and one month off Zoloft - and I took nothing else...I was on it 8 years and tapered from December 3, 2011 to May 17, 2013.....while tapering I had side effects but nothing like this - after off completely about 5 months later all hell broke loose - and the withdrawals from then on seem to get worse and worse until now I am believing there is no longer any hope. 

I worked so hard -  I faced my fears, I went out and did what I had to do - but to no avail -

Please someone tell me I will be okay.......I know there are not many who have been in protracted withdrawal this long - and I hope to God you don't - 

Thank you

Love

Lee (f) 45 years old

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

• Moderator Emeritus

Lee,

That feeling sounds a lot like derealization -- the feeling like things aren't real and you are living in a dreamlike state, disconnected from the rest of the world. If that's the feeling please know you are not alone. It is a derivative of anxiety in this case driven by the pharmacological alteration of your fight or flight setting. It WILL get better but it can take a long time.

I know you feel like "one of the longest" people in w/d but the more I read the more I sense that healing can take many years. What happens for most is a gradual lessening of symptoms in a waves and Windows pattern. However, for some, it appears that there are no such Windows and waves but, instead, healing happens after some period of time and more rapidly.

Bottom line, Lee, while it is so difficult and you've been a true soldier, keep hanging on and keep the faith. You will heal but it may happen a little differently than your expectation.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Andy Thank you so much for this encouragement

I am crying so much just for answering me.....It is really weird I want to shake myself awake.....it is so scary....and now from this severe anxiety I have development high blood pressure - I don't take any medication at all and it frightens me to take it.

My doctor said this high blood pressure is from sheer anxiety and once it has subsided my blood pressure will go back to normal.  He have me the small dose of BP medication - now |I am worried that if I have side effects from that I wont be able to tell if it is withdrawals or the med.

I have spoken to many people who take BP pills and they all say they have no side effects.....So there is another thing now that is heightening my anxiety.....

Thank you again for answering me Andy.....I hope you are doing well -  no one should have to suffer this much - no one...

Love

Lee

If happy little bluebirds fly

beyond the rainbow

So can........you........and........I..........xxxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Andy I am deficient in vitamin D....and I am afraid to take the supplement.....level of vitamin D is 11 ...this is Canadian and UK levels so may be different in US.

xxxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

• Moderator Emeritus

Lee,

If the BP is just a recent thing and driven by anxiety I wouldn't worry about the meds.  The effects of high BP are not immediate.  It takes a long time for damage from BP to take hold.  If you can reduce the anxiety the BP will resolve on its own.  Use yoga, meditation, mindfulness and breathing exercises to reduce your anxiety levels to the best you can.

On the vitamin D front, have you tried taking the supplemental form?  Your levels are extremely low -- I don't think the levels differ across locations -- and you might find yourself feeling better if you could bring those levels up.  What have you tried in the past in this regard?

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Andy I  have not tried anything at all to bring my Vitamin D level up at all.  Am to scared to take anything since I suffer so much with withdrawals....is there a good Vitamin D3 supplement you recommend. 

I am so ill right now Andy that I cannot do much at all....I go for groceries and get my hair done and do what I have to do  I face my fears but with oh so so much difficulty....but I do it......they say face your fears and you are half way there but it doesn't seem to work for me.

I am doing meditation with Oprah and Deepaks on line.....and there is another 21 days of it coming up on July 11th....

Thank you again so much for answering me......

Love

Lee

There is only half of me existing....it is like

Tear a star from out the sky and the sky feels blue

Tear a petal from a rose and the rose weeps too

Would you take the wings from birds so that they cant fly

would you take the oceans roar and just leave the sky

That is the way I feel......my God xxxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

• Moderator Emeritus

Andy I  have not tried anything at all to bring my Vitamin D level up at all.  Am to scared to take anything since I suffer so much with withdrawals....is there a good Vitamin D3 supplement you recommend. 

I really like this company's products, Lee.  And this is a low dose to start with.

https://www.amazon.com/Thorne-Research-Vitamin-Supplement-Capsules/dp/B0012XU60I/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1467030457&sr=1-1&keywords=vitamin+d3+supplements+1000+iu

I am so ill right now Andy that I cannot do much at all....I go for groceries and get my hair done and do what I have to do  I face my fears but with oh so so much difficulty....but I do it......they say face your fears and you are half way there but it doesn't seem to work for me.

I know how hard this is, Lee.  You are doing the right things.  Engage to the extent you can.  This WILL get better.  It will take a little more time.

Best,

Andy

Thank you Andy, I am going to order it straight away....You are an angel sent to me.........thank you

Love

Lee

xxxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

By the way Andy..my magnesium, calcium and vitamin B 12 levels are all perfect....I am not deficient in any of these.

xxxxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

• Moderator Emeritus

My pleasure, Lee.

I would also suggest you make sure you get out in the sun as much as possible every day it is sunny (I know it shines every once in a while in the UK :P ), as the sun is still the best source of Vitamin D there is.

Best,

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again everyone

It is now 3 years and 2 months I am off Zoloft - still have many withdrawal symptoms  - my most concern is my distorted vision...now I am getting to the point where I think I cant see....I see so well that I can read the smallest font (5)....yet I feel I cant see...I know it is severe anxiety -  I have researched - and definitely you can have many vision problems with severe anxiety...does anyone else have this.  It is getting bad I am obsessed with not being able to see -  I have been to my ophthalmologist and nothing is wrong...I get so panicky....even when I look in the mirror I feel I cant see -  ....I just went out now to move my car to the other side of the street and everything is so clear and see very well ---- what is wrong - 

besides all that I still have light headedness, pressure in my head and face....pins and needles my face.....head pressure never leaves...wake up in morning in a panic  crying - still have night sweats.....feeling of blocked ears, although they are not blocked....severe anxiety and panic.....nights are always better - and some nights like last night seemed so good....but then wake up next morning to another hell..........

There are times I don't know if it is a slight window that I feel calm and hopeful - but it is such short lived because all my fears come back again.  My God please help me - this is day after day after day after day with no let up....

I am considered a very strong person - but this is no way to live....please someone talk to me.....

Love

Lee

xxxxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Lee, I am so sorry you feel this way. It's so unfair. I am thinking of you and sending lots of healing thoughts. Believe it will turn for the better, because it must, and it it will. Hang in there.

Hugs.

Current dose: 0! Free!  Quit June 2017.

2017: Last dose zoloft: 17 June 0,00065 mg 18 May 0, 001 mg 14 May 0,002 mg 9 May 0,003 mg 28 April 0,006 mg 19 April 0,009 mg 8 April 0,013 mg 25 March 0,019 mg 22 March 0,039 mg 18 March 0,052 mg 16 March 0,079 mg 4 March 0,086 1 March 0,099 mg 22 February 0,11 mg 15 February 0,13 mg 6 February 0,145 mg 24 January 0,15 mg 19 January 0,19 mg 10 January 0,20 mg 3 January

2016: 0,98 to 0,22 mg; 2015: 2,35 to 1,01 mg; 2014: 4,9 to 2,5 mg; 2013: 9,1 to 5,1 mg; 2012: 15,7 to 9,7 mg; 2011: Started on 25 mg - then 50 mg- dropped to 25- to 12.5 mg - back to 25 mg - after 18.75 mg started tiny tapering to 16.6 mg

Started on 25 mg Zoloft in March 2011 due to stressrelated tinnitus that gave me panicattacks. Had a terrible reaction to Zoloft from start, but was told to "hold on". After four months I was stuck. Therefore the long taper. Crazy, I know... Super sensitive to drops and have dropped by 4-6 % from the previous dose.

Hello!

Read most of your thread and even though I can't relate to all of your symptoms I can relate to your suffering. There must be a way out of this misery! Keep on fighting and take care!

Klomipramin 25-150mg 2002-2013

Sertralin - 6 weeks in 2009

Mirtazapin - 7 weeks 2013

Cipralex -  20mg Nov 2013 - Nov 2014

Tapered Cipralex from Nov 2014-Mars 8 2015

Thyroid - Low metabolism

Levaxin - 2010 - 25ug - 175ug

Liothyronin(T3) -  10ug - Nov 2014 - Nov 2015

AmyK and Swede

Thank you for responding - it means a lot...If someone could tell me if they have any of these symptoms.....What symptoms do you AmyK and Swede - do you have do you have any of what I have.....This has gone one for so long without any windows.....if there are windows - they are so slight that I don't even know if they are -  this wave just continues....

I know this is a wonderful group - and all we can do is encourage each other.......nothing more we can do.....

Thank you again

Love

Lee (f)

Speranza.....not much of it left.....xxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Hi Lee. I'm so sorry that you're still struggling. It's encouraging that you're getting some windows no matter how small or short in duration. It's those windows that always gave me hope during my healing and still does. It is a sign of recovery and shows that small positive changes are happening, even if they're slow.

Vision symptoms are common in withdrawal and many have experienced them including myself.

This link might help :

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6380-vision-symptoms-floaters-snow-blurred-or-dimmed-vision-etc/

What are you doing for your anxiety ?   Have you tried yoga / deep breathing or meditation?

Guided Meditations, Calming Videos, Sleep Hypnosis

Are you taking Magnesium ?  I have found it invaluable in withdrawal , in all it's forms - ( oil, supplements, epsom salt baths).

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Hello again everyone

It is now 3 years and 2 months I am off Zoloft - still have many withdrawal symptoms - my most concern is my distorted vision...now I am getting to the point where I think I cant see....I see so well that I can read the smallest font (5)....yet I feel I cant see...I know it is severe anxiety - I have researched - and definitely you can have many vision problems with severe anxiety...does anyone else have this. It is getting bad I am obsessed with not being able to see - I have been to my ophthalmologist and nothing is wrong...I get so panicky....even when I look in the mirror I feel I cant see - ....I just went out now to move my car to the other side of the street and everything is so clear and see very well ---- what is wrong -

besides all that I still have light headedness, pressure in my head and face....pins and needles my face.....head pressure never leaves...wake up in morning in a panic crying - still have night sweats.....feeling of blocked ears, although they are not blocked....severe anxiety and panic.....nights are always better - and some nights like last night seemed so good....but then wake up next morning to another hell..........

There are times I don't know if it is a slight window that I feel calm and hopeful - but it is such short lived because all my fears come back again. My God please help me - this is day after day after day after day with no let up....

I am considered a very strong person - but this is no way to live....please someone talk to me.....

Love

Lee

xxxxx

Lexapro: started in 2002 at 10 mgs.

Ambien: started as a as needed sleep aid in 2010.

Quit Lexapro cold turkey in June 20015 due to contributing to low sodium issues.

Restarted Lexapro in late November for a week (only 5 mgs) but quit due to dizziness side effects. Side effects worsened for 3 weeks until

12/24/15: Protracted WD hit, experienced extreme anxiety, insomnia lack of full concentration and social challenges.

Reinstated Lexapro on 1/1/16 at 5 mgs. Increased per Dr to 7.5 MG. Tapered off Lexapro in March 2016.

Started 50MG of Seroquel in late January 2016 for bedtime to help in eliminate Ambien. Tapered off both Seroquel and Ambien in March 2016.

2/14/16: Prescribed both Remeron (15 MG) and Temazapam (15 MG) for sleep. Also use Klonopin and Ambien again in place of Temazapam to avoid addiction. However I did take Temazapam 60 straight days

6/15/16: Stopped use of all benzo's and now use Belsomra 1-2 times a week. Still on 15 MG of Remeron

10/11/16: Off all psych medications

After kindling, trying to regain my strength suffering from severe mental and physical fatigue.

Lee,

Do you have spatial disturbances? I've had this since early WD. I can see fine. But distance of certain objects are off. so I can look in a drawer looking for a can opener and take forever to find it cause there are multiple objects. Sane thing with opening a cabinet. I can open it up and what I'm looking for is directly in front of me and I don't notice it. I read this is both a WD symptom and a CFS symptom. I also have the head aches too.

Quit Lexapro cold turkey in June 20015 due to contributing to low sodium issues.

Restarted Lexapro in late November for a week (only 5 mgs) but quit due to dizziness side effects. Side effects worsened for 3 weeks until

12/24/15: Protracted WD hit, experienced extreme anxiety, insomnia lack of full concentration and social challenges.

Reinstated Lexapro on 1/1/16 at 5 mgs. Increased per Dr to 7.5 MG. Tapered off Lexapro in March 2016.

Started 50MG of Seroquel in late January 2016 for bedtime to help in eliminate Ambien. Tapered off both Seroquel and Ambien in March 2016.

2/14/16: Prescribed both Remeron (15 MG) and Temazapam (15 MG) for sleep. Also use Klonopin and Ambien again in place of Temazapam to avoid addiction. However I did take Temazapam 60 straight days

6/15/16: Stopped use of all benzo's and now use Belsomra 1-2 times a week. Still on 15 MG of Remeron

After kindling, trying to regain my strength suffering from severe mental and physical fatigue.

Hi Lee,

I am sorry you are still having such a difficult time this far out. I have been told this can take 2-4 years, if not more. Please don't lose hope.

Hello again everyone

It is now 3 years and 2 months I am off Zoloft - still have many withdrawal symptoms  - my most concern is my distorted vision...now I am getting to the point where I think I cant see....I see so well that I can read the smallest font (5)....yet I feel I cant see...I know it is severe anxiety -  I have researched - and definitely you can have many vision problems with severe anxiety...does anyone else have this.  It is getting bad I am obsessed with not being able to see -  I have been to my ophthalmologist and nothing is wrong...I get so panicky....even when I look in the mirror I feel I cant see -  ....I just went out now to move my car to the other side of the street and everything is so clear and see very well ---- what is wrong - 

I am 16 months out and I am experiencing something very similar with my vision. I have also seen my ophthalmologist a few times now and been told everything is fine. I am not sure why this is happening, but we need to believe it will get better. 

October 2011 - Given sertraline 50mg for dizziness. 

Not informed that this was an antidepressant. Stopped after 2-3 weeks as it was not helping with dizzy spells.

March 2012 - Given escitalopram 10mg 

October 2012 - Became aware of what I had been prescribed. Started slow taper.

April 2015 - Last dose escitalopram 0.19ml liquid.

Thank you ThoughtTree -  it sure helps when someone else is experiencing similar stuff.....although I am so sorry you are going through this too......

Yes I know it can take that long - we only have to have the courage to keep going...thank yiou so much....you have given me more courage now....

I hope you feel better soon xxx

Love

Lee (f)

When the dog bites

When the bee stings

When I'm feeling sad

I simply remember my favourite things

And then I don't feel...so.....bad.......xxxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

• Moderator Emeritus

Lee,

I was crazed at work so I missed responding to your post sooner.  All the good encouragement has already been taken!  :P

I know how hard this is (unfortunately, to some degree, first hand) and you are right -- all you can do is keep putting one foot in front of the other.  Some days the best you can do is say, "well, I made it through today and I'm one step closer to healing."  On the days where you do feel somewhat better, you do more. 

It's a crazy and unfair situation but spending too much time dwelling on that aspect creates a swirl of negativity that drives things even further south most of the time.

Just keep fighting the good fight, Lee.  I am really hoping things start to turn for you.

Best,

Andy

Thank you Andy -  I will surely take your advice.....xx

I have learned that I am severely deficient in Vitamin D  11 nmol/l  Canadian....and I also have hypothyroidism under control.  Now I am wondering if I should take Vitamin D3 that my doctor says I should take 1000 IU per day.  I am frightened to take anything and there is so much controversy on the internet about Vitamin D...some say never to take it - others swear by it...

Maybe I should try it to see if I feel better.....God help me - Andy and God bless you

Love

Lee xxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

• Moderator Emeritus

I have learned that I am severely deficient in Vitamin D  11 nmol/l  Canadian....and I also have hypothyroidism under control.  Now I am wondering if I should take Vitamin D3 that my doctor says I should take 1000 IU per day.  I am frightened to take anything and there is so much controversy on the internet about Vitamin D...some say never to take it - others swear by it...

Lee,

I think the concerns over vitamin D use are greatly exaggerated and that it would be very hard to OD on the stuff.  Now, that is not to say that with our sensitized systems it might not be a problem in withdrawal.  No way to know for sure until you try.  I take 5000mg daily as I firmly believe that low vitamin D levels are a contributor to many of the problems we face today and because I have not reacted adversely to it (as near as I can tell :o  -- it's hard to know what may cause adverse feelings, but nothing can be specifically tied back to vitamin D use for me).   So, I'd be in the camp encouraging you to try it at a low level.  Try 250iu and if you are good after a couple of days go to 500iu.  Still good after a few more days, try 1000iu.  At 250iu any adverse reaction should hopefully be very minimal in duration and effect.

That would be my suggestion but, of course, it's always your call.

Keep us posted.

Andy

Andy thank you.....so you take it too - this surely gives me the incentive to take it.....Universe works in mysterious ways to help us make decisions sometimes.

I will take your advice.  You see the problem with me is that I feel so unwell all the time that I would never know if the Vitamin is agreeing with me or not -  I will just have to stick It out - I have nothing to lose - I have lost everything already.  

I never take even an aspirin, for my headaches for fear it might interfere with my healing process.  I will do as you suggest...Thank you so much and if I think I have a new symptom I wont pay attention to it because I have so many.  If I did that I would never try anything to get myself better.

Thank you so much - I am actually excited to do this.....

You have been an earth angel to me Andy - from day one....thank you.

Love

Lee xx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Hello Again

Well I started to take Vitamin D 6 days ago - I know I tried taking it before and never felt well on it...but this time I am so exhausted so so tired that I cant even explain it -  I am wondering if it is the vitamin D - as I seem not to be able to tolerate any medication whatsoever since in withdrawal .  As you know I am 3 years and 2 months off Zoloft...and still have heartbreaking side effects that I cope with every day.

I read up on Vitamin D and some people get very sick on in even the smallest dose...and side effects can be severe exhaustion.  Also read that it can compromise my autoimmune system because I have hypothyroidism -

I think I am slowly giving up hope something I thought I would never do -  I had a ct scan December 2012 everything came out fine...now I think I need a neurologist because I might have something terribly wrong with me.

I have always been a very strong person - but this is taking its toll....I am not a whiner - I just need to talk is all.

This s the only place I can do that - as I speak to no one about anything that is wrong with me....

Shall I go to a neurologist -  I have an appointment with my GP early August - just routine check up - I know he will find nothing wrong because no one ever does....no one has answers....I have been to my Ophthalmologist telling him of my distorted and blurred vision, he sees nothing wrong as well.....

Can anyone relate to any of my symptoms:  will write them out again

Blurred and distorted vision

Pins and needles face, mouth, and head

Pressure in my head and bridge of nose

Feeling of blocked ears although they are not blocked

Severe anxiety and sometimes panic attacks

Profuse sweating at night

Headaches (sometimes migraine with aura)

Light headedness

Feeling that I am not here (don't know how else to explain it)

And this is day after day after day.....I might (I think) have a slight window that is so slight because I feel a bit better and cope better sometimes but not very often.

I am so sorry to complain - I am so frightened....I come across to my friends here at home and on facebook that nothing is wrong with me and I help a lot of people who are sad - and while I am helping them - I am crying at the same time with no one having a clue

My parents are dead, my son too, I have no siblings - I am alone in this world as far as family is concerned...but many friends that now I have isolated myself from because I feel so sick all the time. I am 44 years old.

I am not a lonely person, never was -  being alone and being lonely are two different things.  I am an entertainer...I sing at weddings and parties at least I use to....now I cant and don't want to see anyone....

I think I am done for - there doesn't seem to be any more speranza for me.....I know some people say that they have protracted side effects for 3 or four years - Hearing from you would help me a lot.

I feel selfish because I ask for some sort of support and reassurance but I cant give any....but please I want you to know that I prayer for all of you - I am in your shoes - and only those in someone elses shoes knows ............

Thank you for listening to me and I hope someone will answer me

Love

Lee

God help all of us who are suffering so much

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Hi divalee. I can't type much because of the severe pain but I've read your thread in the past and felt so sad for you. I have ALL the symptoms on your list. It will get better.

I also have a vitamin d deficiency. I am taking vitamin D. I tried some a while ago and reacted. Then I read that it helps to take vitamin k2 and magnesium with the vitamin D. I am taking both of those with the vitamin D and am tolerating the vitamin d much better this time. I'm going to keep taking all of them because I believe it will help.

I hope this helps.

The only way out is through.

Aug 2013 - Augmentin leading to akathisia

Sept-Nov 2013 - Citalopram 20mg, severe reaction, off at 5mg. Valium 4mg, prn

Oct 2013 - 5 zopiclone tablets, 7.5mg

End Nov 2013-end Feb 2014, Seroquel, top dose 150mg, off at 25mg

End Nov 2013-early march 2014, Zoloft 100mg top dose, off at 25mg

End Dec-2013-early April 2014, lorazepam 1mg prn

April 3rd 2014 zoloft 5mg for a few days. 18/4/14 - zoloft, 1mg. Came off at 0.35 mg,14th June 2014

29 June 2014 - 1mg lorazepam, last ever

29 June 2014 - med free

Hello Again

Well I started to take Vitamin D 6 days ago - I know I tried taking it before and never felt well on it...but this time I am so exhausted so so tired that I cant even explain it - I am wondering if it is the vitamin D - as I seem not to be able to tolerate any medication whatsoever since in withdrawal . As you know I am 3 years and 2 months off Zoloft...and still have heartbreaking side effects that I cope with every day.

I read up on Vitamin D and some people get very sick on in even the smallest dose...and side effects can be severe exhaustion. Also read that it can compromise my autoimmune system because I have hypothyroidism -

I think I am slowly giving up hope something I thought I would never do - I had a ct scan December 2012 everything came out fine...now I think I need a neurologist because I might have something terribly wrong with me.

I have always been a very strong person - but this is taking its toll....I am not a whiner - I just need to talk is all.

This s the only place I can do that - as I speak to no one about anything that is wrong with me....

Shall I go to a neurologist - I have an appointment with my GP early August - just routine check up - I know he will find nothing wrong because no one ever does....no one has answers....I have been to my Ophthalmologist telling him of my distorted and blurred vision, he sees nothing wrong as well.....

Can anyone relate to any of my symptoms: will write them out again

Blurred and distorted vision

Pins and needles face, mouth, and head

Pressure in my head and bridge of nose

Feeling of blocked ears although they are not blocked

Severe anxiety and sometimes panic attacks

Profuse sweating at night

Headaches (sometimes migraine with aura)

Light headedness

Feeling that I am not here (don't know how else to explain it)

And this is day after day after day.....I might (I think) have a slight window that is so slight because I feel a bit better and cope better sometimes but not very often.

I am so sorry to complain - I am so frightened....I come across to my friends here at home and on facebook that nothing is wrong with me and I help a lot of people who are sad - and while I am helping them - I am crying at the same time with no one having a clue

My parents are dead, my son too, I have no siblings - I am alone in this world as far as family is concerned...but many friends that now I have isolated myself from because I feel so sick all the time. I am 44 years old.

I am not a lonely person, never was - being alone and being lonely are two different things. I am an entertainer...I sing at weddings and parties at least I use to....now I cant and don't want to see anyone....

I think I am done for - there doesn't seem to be any more speranza for me.....I know some people say that they have protracted side effects for 3 or four years - Hearing from you would help me a lot.

I feel selfish because I ask for some sort of support and reassurance but I cant give any....but please I want you to know that I prayer for all of you - I am in your shoes - and only those in someone elses shoes knows ............

Thank you for listening to me and I hope someone will answer me

Love

Lee

God help all of us who are suffering so much

Lee,

I'm at Rock bottom too. I watch this video whenever I'm in a bad place. You have probably seen it.