divalee: 24 months off Zoloft

divalee

Pug thank you for letting me know....I will tell my friend in England about it - and that to not quit CT but to do it slowly.  How slowly, is it the 10% like with the SSRIs....

How are you doing Pug.

xxxxx

Zoloft started for 8 years - 150 mg capsules

Started tapering December 3, 2011,

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

While tapering WDS were tolerable

Off Zoloft debilitating WDS the worst starting around 6 months off

even worse after 18 months off

Now 35 months off - still in a terrible wave for months now.

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• divalee

• apace41

• AliG

• direstraits

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not well. Tapering gabapentin is on this site. Thank you for asking about me, diva. Love you.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Hello NoMeaning

Thank you for taking the time to come here.  It is such a relief to know that someone else is going through the same thing as I am.....I just wish you and I didn't have to go through this.....I am off 25 months now - I know it will take some of us longer to get over these symptoms, but we will....just you wait and see.....

Please let me know how you are doing xxxxx

They<ll be blue birds over

The White cliffs of Dover

Tomorrow

Just you wait and see

xxxxxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Love you back Pug -  one day, maybe one day - the world will realise that....love is all there is and is all that is needed.

xxxxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Hello divalee sorry you are suffering so much i am thinking about you , this morning i felt awful and for spells this afternoon but atleast i do go in and out of spells where one minute i feel awful and then after i can feel ok thats how i knew mine wasnt depression like the doctor trys to say , my sympton that i hate is the internal vibrations / tremors i have had them 24 / 7 now for a longtime , do you get them ? Anyway you takecare of yourself

Mikey - I get a shaking inside sometimes if that is what you mean.  My symptoms are from my chin up more than anything.  We all have different symptoms and no one suffers less than anyone else.....We will get through this just let us all stick together and help each other the best that we know how.

None of us are alone as long as we have each other to get through this poison that is and was in our system.

xxxxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Hello Mikey

Thank you for asking -  You know when we suffering tremendously every day we tend to notice very slight change, very slight.  I noticed yesterday when I went out to the bank, pet shop, groceries, fruit story and pharmacy - yes I did all that, but usually with such tremendous anxiety and crying - but yesterday - the anxiety was not too much and did all those things without crying once I got in to my car.

This morning for the first time in months and months - I over slept - usually I wake up crying with tremendous anxiety.  Although I didn't over sleep that much - it was about 25 minutes more than I usually sleep - to me those subtle changes mean a lot.

It is 9 10 am and I have not cried yet - anxiety level moderate - but still have all the symptoms of wrote of above.  I know how cruel this can be though - because sometimes we notice a slight difference and hope arises, only for it to go right back - and those slight differences disappear again. 

What we must do though is remember those slight differences, knowing that these differences will come back again - and maybe even more noticeable...gives us a bit of hope.

Everyone knows an ant cant - move a rubber tree plant

Whoops there goes another rubber tree plant.

I hope you are going okay, please let me know.

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Good to hear Divalee that there are signs just take one day at a time thats what this is all about , i havnt been to bad yesterday or today either , anyway you takecare of yourself and keep your head held high

Mikey

Good you are doing better too.  Let us keep in touch

xxxxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Hello

I know that one of the side effects of withdrawing from SSRIs for me Zoloft that sudden weight lost can happen....at around 20 months off I started losing weight and went from 121 lbs to 106 pounds.  My doctor who is knowledgeable in withdrawals says it was one of the symptoms of withdrawal and asked me if I sweat a lot at night - and boy do I . I sweat so much that my sheets and myself are soaken wet and that this happens around three times during the night and early morning before I get up.  I do not sweat at all during the day

He said the sweating may have something do to with it too because I am losing lots of water.  Okay so then for a while I started to gain a bit went actually u to 112....now I have lost it again.  I am back down to 106/7.  It is scarying me..

I have an appetite I eat very well - I have been checked by my doctors with blood tests and all and everything came back negative.

Can someone tell me if this is indeed from withdrawals -  I cant seem to gain it back -  Has anyone else experienced this

Thank you

xxxxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

• Administrator

That is a knowledgeable doctor. Can you recommend him for tapering here http://tinyurl.com/7cp8l8v ?

Sweating is indeed a withdrawal symptom, which can also affect your digestion.

I have no doubt that in the near future you will find you're gaining weight again.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thank you Alto Strata for your encouraging reply -  aww maan I am sorry but he is semi retired and will retiring soon.  As many Canadians do - when retired they spend six months in Florida (mostly Florida, you know Snow Birds) and six months back in Canada and that is what they will be doing. 

Thank you again it is most appreciated.  26 months off now -  I hope soon I will see a significant change, but I know from experience never to anticipate anything because we will be sorely disappointed.  One day at a time, hope, courage and a miracle.

Mikey, I am doing the same - I hope you are doing well - please let us know.

xxxxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

As far as the weight loss, divalee, I have lost 42 lbs. in withdrawal. In the beginning, I believed this was due to not being able to eat much. I still can't eat a lot at one time, but am eating much better than I was. I think possibly with me, the akathisia has altered my metabolism. Whatever is causing it, it has continued, and I don't seem to be able to stop it.

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Than you Luv....but I eat I have not lost my appetite - I just lost the weight and frankly very surprised.....I hope I do gain it back....perhaps when I stop sweating so much at night I will gain it back

Luv think akathesia would make anyone lose weight....I hope the akathesia has subsided somewhat....must be horrible. I did not have that symptoms, mildly maybe but nothing to talk about , but my friend had it and it was horrendous for her....so hopefully yours is a lot better.

xxxxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Thank you, divalee. I too hope it will subside soon. In your case, perhaps the sweating is the key! Hopefully it will be a thing of the past soon!

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

I am really having a hard time of it due to a very huge loss - so it doesn't help my WDs.....will get back to you very soon

xxxxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Hello just to tell you I am now 27 months off Zoloft/Sertraline as of tomorrow

I have not had a clear window in months - this is a long wave...I do see very subtle change but we see those very subtle changes when we are suffering so much day after day - and say...What - is this a little change?  We aren't sure -

I do find myself going out without panic any more -  the symptoms are always there but I seem not to fear them as much -  Oh I still have a hard time when out - most of the time behind my sunny glasses I am crying.  Some days not....

So maybe things will change soon .  I know of people that took more than 3 years to see a change.  I am 2 years and 3 months off.....long way to go I suppose

The sweats at night are unbelievable - soak the whole bed and myself.  Face as if someone punched me across the bridge of my nose with pins and needles all over face and head -  and constant subtle headache - every day.  But again I do everything I have to do -  

Mornings are the worst - wake up full of anxiety, sweating and crying, but then it subsides to a tolerated level.  Nights are best for me.

So not much change - but I have hope and the courage to carry on -

I hope everyone is doing super well and please don't give up -  I can imagine what some of you are going through with taking more than one SSRI or  others

I just took Zoloft nothing ever else and suffering so much because of it

xxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

The windows will come in time, Lee.  I'm struggling as well. I hope you find some small improvements soon.  Hugs. :)

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Keep going Ali - Churchill said   when walking in hell - just keep on walking- don't stop...just keep on walking. xxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Just wrote above Mikey

How are you doing...yu doing okay. Not much change for me - seems to be changing though very, very slowly.

Stay well and let me know how you are doing

xxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Hi Divalee , i had a couple of better days in the week so thats something and then it kicks in again asif someone has pressed a button the nervousness and internal vibrations and aches all over with the twinges on one side of my head but atleast i can be gratefull for the couple of good days im having , youtake care

Oh great news Mikey

It will happen for us - you just wait and see....stay strong and keep in touch...very happy for you window...super great

xxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Hello

Can anyone tell me what is happening to me now.  I know each wave is different but for the last month I would say, I have this steady pain in back of my lower head it is steady and every once is a while my head shivers like one is cold and you shiver but just my head.  My whole face as usual has pins and needles that seem to be worse with the pressure across bridge of nose. 

I never take pain killers because I heard that while healing from withdrawal - I am now 27 months off Zoloft- that aspirin, I take Anacin, because acetaminophen  like Tylenol do not work for me.  I need ASA to help my headaches, but even that does not help much with this.

I reluctantly took  anacin today because I have to take an elderly lady out shopping for her groceries today.

Is it true that taking anacin or any pain killer can interfere with the healing process.  I take nothing at all..

Zoloft is the only medicine I have ever taken.   I am really suffering too with visual distortion and blurred vision.  Has anyone experience that too.  My night sweats are still has bad as ever - and due to that, it seems, is why I have lost so much weight....Use to be 121 lbs now 107 lbs no matter how much I eat.  I might gain a couple of pounds, but then lose it - if I don't eat an enormous amount of food.

Just venting and so frustrated...27 months off and still suffering so much.   While I was tapering I had very few sides effects.  It was after I stopped completely around the 6 or 7th month that things got worse and continue to get worse.

Thank you for listening

xxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Hiya Divalee , the head shiver that i say dont they call it brain shivers which again is a wd symptom , i always get the pressure above my nose aswell , takecare stay strong

Hello again

I am wondering if someone could tell me if it is true that taking anacin or any NSAID can interfere with the healing process even though I am off Zoloft for 27 months and still suffering much.   I only took two yesterday because the pain was so bad in my head and had head shivers.  If I do take Anacin it is only about once a week or even longer than that. As I mentioned before Acetaminophen does not help my headaches only Anacin or Aspirin because it has ASA in it. 

Does anyone also suffering with visual disturbances as well.  I know I have asked these questions before, but I guess today I am having such anxiety and crying most of the day - that I just need some connection. I don't usually do this - but it seems I will never get better - this wave has lasted so so long. 

Does anyone here know the answers to these two questions. 

Thank you so much if someone can help me. 

xxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Hello again

I am wondering if someone could tell me if it is true that taking anacin or any NSAID can interfere with the healing process even though I am off Zoloft for 27 months and still suffering much.   I only took two yesterday because the pain was so bad in my head and had head shivers.  If I do take Anacin it is only about once a week or even longer than that. As I mentioned before Acetaminophen does not help my headaches only Anacin or Aspirin because it has ASA in it. 

Does anyone also suffering with visual disturbances as well.  I know I have asked these questions before, but I guess today I am having such anxiety and crying most of the day - that I just need some connection. I don't usually do this - but it seems I will never get better - this wave has lasted so so long. 

Does anyone here know the answers to these two questions. 

Thank you so much if someone can help me. 

xxx

I had all sorts of visual disturbances and pain in the optic nerves, and all sorts of crazy hallucination-like symptoms.  I'd say like 75% or more of these symptoms have just melted away over the last 14 months or so.  I still see "trails" when cars drive by, or something flutters across my visual field, but it's like 50% better, and I still have eye pain but that's also 50% better.  Visual snow still occurs, that hasn't gone away, but the severity has improved quite a bit.

The 2 dimensional world still exists, I feel like I'm sort of floating around the world not entirely connected to reality - that has also improved, but it's the slowest.

Hang in there, nerves heal.

Thank you Oskcajga  I am just so frightened and sometimes it just lose courage and need connections.  I hope your symptoms will subside completely some day.....

What about the Headache medication - do you know anything about that.  I heard that it can interfere with healing process but I am so far off Zoloft now 27 months and cant see how it can possibly affect the healing process...Just need someone to confirm this for me too.

Thank you again Oskcajga....for taking the time to reply

xxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Thank you Oskcajga  I am just so frightened and sometimes it just lose courage and need connections.  I hope your symptoms will subside completely some day.....

What about the Headache medication - do you know anything about that.  I heard that it can interfere with healing process but I am so far off Zoloft now 27 months and cant see how it can possibly affect the healing process...Just need someone to confirm this for me too.

Thank you again Oskcajga....for taking the time to reply

xxx

I think that any prescription "headache medication" can indeed be very dangerous, as it often acts on serotonin, norepinephrine, etc.  I'd avoid that stuff like the plague.  E.g., any of the "migrane" headache relievers advertised on TV or that you read about online - all very dangerous stuff from someone who has a sensitized or unstable nervous system.

As for NSAIDs like aspirin, tyelon, etc, I do not see any harm in taking a small dose - but that's just about it.  I've had to endure headaches that would make anyone cringe - but eventually the severity of the nerve damage lessened and I didn't have such bad headaches anymore.  This took about 1 year or so. 

I know how scary it is :(  No one knows, it's like a silent torture that only we know about and others can only guess about :(

Hang in there :)

Thank you oskcajga

So even off as long as I have been 27 months.  Okay then I am fine cause I never taken Anacin unless desperate to take it...

Twice a month and only two when I do take it.  If the headache doesn't go away, then I will not take more.  Thank you so much for this

xxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

I am having a very hard time, please someone help me.

Side effects have gotten worse in last month.  Akathesia all over my face and pressure bridge of nose, head pressure, lightheadedness, visual disturbances, profuse sweating at night, have all gotten worse.  I am 2.3 years off Zoloft. 

just need some encouragement - and some hope...please

xxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

I was doing some research because I am really afraid that I will never get better....I found that article by Dr Shipko that is frightening to me.....I just compied and pasted this paragraph

Patients undergoing a marked withdrawal from antidepressants need an account of what is known about what is happening to them. Something on these lines:
Your brain has adjusted to the presence of an antidepressant and the removal of this stimulus now requires the brain to readjust. In some cases, some people readjust in the way a spring does when a weight is removed – it springs back into shape. For others the spring will get back to normal provided the weight is removed gradually. For some others, the spring will not readjust.

I have been in a very bad wave and this looks so discouraging.  I have read that not to give up - I will get better - but articles like this, especially when one is suffering so much - is very discouraging.

I need some encouragement and some hope because I am not in a good place.   Thank you

xxxxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013