divalee: 24 months off Zoloft

divalee

Dear Andy and AliG

Thank you so much for your reply...and yes I will look up those success stories.

Your beautiful words have giving me hope again.  It just seems so impossible that there is no let up....I am not a person who complains but boy this is sheer hell.....but I will keep on walking through it until I see that light of hope.  I will.  I am a very strong person -  but geez. 

Thank you so much -  I will try not to panic and write here, try to control myself....but you guys are the only ones I got......

Love you much

Lee

Zoloft started for 8 years - 150 mg capsules

Started tapering December 3, 2011,

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

While tapering WDS were tolerable

Off Zoloft debilitating WDS the worst starting around 6 months off

even worse after 18 months off

Now 35 months off - still in a terrible wave for months now.

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• divalee

• apace41

• AliG

• direstraits

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee.   Write , when you want or need to write.  There is no limit.  We are all here to support each other through this. It can be excruciating at times, but we will get there. Stay strong, and do not give up .

Hugs,

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Love you AliG      this means so much.....Thank you.  I hope you are doing well.....I pray for everyone who is suffering so much.  No one should be allowed to suffer this much.....no one.

So I wont walk alone......I have all of you.....Thank you.

Love

Lee

Walk on with hope in my heart and ill never walk alone...

xxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

• 4 weeks later...

I am now off Zoloft 33 months...no change...maybe ever so slight feeling better for perhaps a day then nothing.....just seem to be getting worse....No one here is talking about long term WDs as long as mine....I am very frightened:  Symptoms are still - head pressure, light headedness, pressure bridge of nose, pins and needles my face, head...visual disturbances, headaches ,night sweats, (and now severe depression) crying especially waking up in the morning...I feel hopeless - 

I truly don't like to complain, but when does this end...day after day, month after month....but I still do everything -  I don't let this stop me.  Go out to do groceries...but cannot visit anyone, I have isolated myself...I talk on the phone at least to just three people, I wont answer the phone otherwise.

I use to entertain, I am a musician, a writer and a very deep thinker....artistic...I no longer live in the illusion of life - but in the reality of life. 

Has anyone else been this long off these drugs - and still struggling.....Thank you

Love

Lee

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Hi diva, you are not alone in any of this, I have every single symptom, severe insomnia and more. I ct'd off of a 10 year use of celexa back in 2011, haven't been right since but went on a merry go round of many different meds between August of 2012 up until May of 2014. I'm only 21 months of my last a/d lexapro and feel I'm getting worse as well and losing all hope. I don't come on here much any more because it's like ground hog day every single day.

I wish I could say more and help you but know your not alone. I wish you well

Spring of 1998 place on birth control pills for irregular bleeding, high testosterone and one ovarian cyst, stayed on until April 2004, told to take hormone holiday, conceived first son 4 months later-VERY BIG SUPRISE, was told wouldn't be able to have childern or would need reproductive doctor to help. Got pregnant again 2006 with second son easily, then was on/off birthcontrol again until October 2011, concieved 3rd son in October 2011(tried many times to get pregant again when 2nd child was close to 2yrs, hormone problems started again after 2nd child, along with thyroid enlargement.

Spring of 2001 celexa 10 mgs-rx'd by pcp for complaints of chronic fatigue, irritability and weight gain, stayed on until June 2005, switched to Lexapro 20mgs for PPD, stayed on Lexapro 6-7 months, couldn't afford to see psyh dr. and Lexapro, saw PCP switched back to 20mgs celexa in 2007, remained on until November 2011, was c/t off due to 3rd pregnancy, baby had umbilical cord defect, seemed ok during pregnancy, except for crying jags here and there. Our miracle baby was born July 20th 2012, healthy except with reflux. One month later the anxiety,restlessness,horrible crying, insomnia and the deepest depression ever. That started the psyh drug nightmare-benzo's,antidepressants, sleeping pills, mood stablizers. Nothing help made me worse, doctors just kept changing the meds frequently. 4 mental health hospitalizations, rapid detox off benzos Jan 2013, horrible withdrawal and still suffering withdrawal symptoms NO ONE BELIEVES ME, I feel like ive been on one consistant drug withdrawal for the past 2 years

January 2014 slow titrate up of lexapro to 20 mgs-horrible side effects!!, was just rapidly taper by current pysh off to pursade me to try an MAOI-no way!!! Was told should consider ECT

Hi Skylar   I remember you....

you mean you have every single symptom...I don't wish that on anyone....but at least I know I am not alone   I never took anything but Zoloft....and went off it  completely on May 17, 2013....I was doing fine...had a few side effects..going off it which took me a year and a half....but apparently still too soon.  Unfortunately Zoloft only comes in capsule form here..25, 50 and 100 mgs....so I had to taper 25 mgs at a time albeit I stayed on each dosage for about 4 months.....

I hope you are feeling better....please let me know how you are doing.

Thank you so much for answering me....I hate complaining and no one knows here at home how much I suffer - I never talk about it to my friends because they just don't understand....not that I speak with anyone much any more....I have isolated myself...and speak to few.

Thank you again Skylar    -   

Love

Lee

if happy little bluebirds fly

beyond the rainbow

so can .......you......and......I.......and everyone else here  we can do it....

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Lee.    In my mind , you have to throw away the calendar .  No expectations. I have given this over , now and surrendered to this . It helps , some how. Patience and acceptance , is key . no time frame. It is what it is !!

Love , Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

I am sorry but I cannot find my posts.....I posted about a week ago or so but I seem to have disappeared.  Can someone help me....I know we have to continue where we left off but I am no where to be found.

Thank you

xxxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Are you divalee 24 months off zoloft? If so I cam see all your posts under intro and updates.

10 years citalopram 30mg- tapered down in December 15/2015- Jan 15/2016 to 20mg for two weeks, ten for one week and five for another week, then stopped, less then two weeks later, sheer hell broke lose with debilitating withdrawal symptoms.

Update-- reinstated 5mg of celexa on feb 5-- within hours noticed immediate difference in WD symptoms-- Holding holding and more holding.

Updose- March 23/16 too 10mg- relieved the harsher head symptoms- current symptoms headaches, dizzy, numbness and tingling in my head.

Benzos- 2015-Ativan on and off for 6 months 2mg- switched to clonazepam nov 2015- 2mg till Jan 2016 Zopiclone 7.5mg nov-dec 2015- was tapered off over 4weeks- Currently in protracted withdrawal. ????????????????????????????????

Update- ended up in the hospital April 18/16 major suicidal ( never had that before) was admitted/ been there ever since, put me back to full dose celexa 30mg no drugs added, IAM FINALLY STABLE AFTER 3 months of tortuous hell. Got a great physiatrist that new all about WD, he will help me taper properly in a couple of months at 5% deductions holding 8 weeks. I never want to relive that hell again.

Udate- stable and holding, doing things slowly is key.

Lee. This is your Introduction thread.

Oh geez AliG I just wrote here I could not find my posts anywhere and it popped up now.

Yes, you are right.  That is what I should do.  I try so hard but I feel so physically sick and lightheaded...with pains in my head that I know must be migraines and other types of headaches....

I am afraid to take my Anacin even though I am 33 months off Zoloft because I am afraid it will interfere with my healing process....But today I had no choice....I cant take anything with acetaminophen, (Tylenol) because it doesn't work with my headahces.....only ASA does which is in aspirin..

I will try very hard to take your advice.  I answered your post today too...because I find it hard to participate because I feel so awful most of the time....but made an effort because no matter how you feel..you help people a lot  including me.  Thank you for that

xxxxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Lee.   There you are !    :)    You go , girl !!

I found it AliG  thank you......it is because you answered me and it showed up only after I posted that my posts had disappeared.

Thank you as always     you are such an inspiration.....

xxxxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

AliG  do you feel it is okay for me to take my Anacin and that it wont interefere with my healing process....I never take it much very rarely  say maybe I can do a couple of months without taking it and suffer the headaches.....

xxxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Lee.   What do you take it for ?  Aspirin & caffeine .  Is it for the headaches ?  I don't think it matters too much  , if you take it rarely. 

I used to paint & dance , too . A lot of that has gone now . I'm hoping to get it back . I haven't given up completely .  One day , It will come back .

I'm 21 months off.  A bit behind you , but following the same path .  I wish I had known.  So much regret .  Finding this path very hard . I'm growing in " leaps & bounds" though !

Love,

Ali

• Administrator

divalee, please bookmark or click on the big gray Follow This Topic button at the top right so you can find this topic again.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

AliG   I take it for migraines and headaches but take it very rarely.....but I am 33 months off.....surely it will not affect the healing process  but because I suffer so much I am afraid to take anything.

You said you suffer much the same WDs as I do....I am sorry.....I wish you don't have to wait as long as I have.  It is very frightening....

Thank you so much

xxxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Hi divalee, sorry you are still suffering. While you were on the drugs did you ever have any negative symptoms? Have you ever thought about reinstating? I hope this doesn't come across wrong. I'm not trying to discourage you. I just wanted to know your thoughts on it.

December 2010: 10mg Citalopram

April 2011: 5mg for 2 weeks then cold turkey withdrawal - Extremely bad depression / no emotions

June 2011: Reinstated 10mg - After 3 weeks started getting impulsive suicidal thoughts

July 2011: Cold turkey - Withdrawal hell begins...

January 2021: Reinstated 0.1mg Citalopram as last resort

February 2021: 0.2mg Citalopram for 2 days had bad foggy head so went back down to 0.1mg

Upon reducing I experienced low mood, suicidal thoughts, burning up, low appetite, very bad insomnia, mild diarrhoea

22 Feb 2021: Stopped all Citalopram after panic / depression attack and crying similar to when I reinstated back in June 2011.

4 April 2022: Reinstated 0.1mg Citalopram - Anxiety + foggy head

5 April 2022: Stopped Citalopram - More lasting damage...

Hi Andy

While on Zoloft I functioned okay....Just never cried, felt no emotions, ....Reinstating after 33 months off I was told would just make it worse for me...

Thank you for asking and responding to me

xxxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Hi diva, you are not alone in any of this, I have every single symptom, severe insomnia and more. I ct'd off of a 10 year use of celexa back in 2011, haven't been right since but went on a merry go round of many different meds between August of 2012 up until May of 2014. I'm only 21 months of my last a/d lexapro and feel I'm getting worse as well and losing all hope. I don't come on here much any more because it's like ground hog day every single day.

I wish I could say more and help you but know your not alone. I wish you well

HI your experience sounds really similar to mine. How long was your insomnia an issue for? Did you ever get better?

Aww bless you Irving.....I am sorry you have all the wDs I have, but it is so helpful to know that I am not alone....it is day after day after day with no let up....and sometimes I feel that this is it for me....

I too will come here maybe once a month..I try not too because it is the same old story...and what is the use.....but it is good to know one has somewhere to go...

The distorted vision and everything looking so strange, the lightheadedness and even the way I walk is strange...But I do everything I have to do - no matter what, for instance

I procrastinated going for blood work for months - but on March 3rd I have an appointment with my endocrinologist and he needs to have that blood work....So I went today- feeling so so bad -  in the snow and rain which flooded the streets...but I did it.  Every time I accomplish something I feel at least I am not doomed.  33 months off and it seems worse not better.

Thank you so much Irving for taking the time to write here to me......I hope you are doing better....You are in my thoughts and prayers....and all who are suffering these terrible WDs through no fault of our own.

Everyone knows an ant can<t move a rubber tree plant

But he<s got high apple pie in the sky hopes

Whoops there goes another rubber tree plant    :)

Love

Lee (f)

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Hello - Its me

I am sorry to post again but maaan I am experiencing unbelievable tiredness. I cannot even describe it. All other symptoms I mentioned here so many times have not subsided. You know when we don't feel wewell I guess we try do many things to make us feel better...

I eat exceptionally well - I cook my own meals and never order out. So now I am trying gluten free thinking this might help. Three days ago I started to drink 100% organic pineapple juice. It is suppose to be excellent for your health, sinuses, immune system, blood pressure, so many things. Now as of today I am trying gluten free. It is fairly easy for me because I don't eat pastry or any of that sort...what I eat a lot of...is bread and pasta....so now no bread and only rice or quinoa pasta as of today.

I don't think this is what is making me so tired because I began feeling this tired about two weeks ago.....what is wrong....when will all this end....I am 33 months off Zoloft...and I never ever took any other medication at all.

Does anyone else feel these unbelievable tiredness that you think you just cannot go on any more. Visual distortion and blurriness too....

I know I post too much about all this - but where else can I go....xxxxx

Lee (f)

giving up hope

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Hi,Divalee

I get the horrible fatigue ,too...it's so debilitating...it took all my strength to hang laundry today.

I get the blurry eyes ,too....I just don't understand how this can go on for so long...it's unbelievable and wears you down.

hope we see relief soon...xo

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Thank you for answering me.....I hope we do too direstraits....it is so difficult. Please let me know how you are doing ....it is good to know I am not alone although I don't wish this on anyone

Love

Lee (f)

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Just reading a bit of your thread. I have to believe you are really close to getting a break . Alot of people around your time seem to all of a sudden get way better. You have to know even people on Multiple meds for 20 yrs get way better . Look up GIak if you havent ..    I think your close ! almost 3 yrs .. This will be your year !

Was on 30mg (Lexapro) for 7-8yrs20mg for 3 months (This was my choice my Doc wanted me to drop much faster)15 mg 2week10mg 2 weeks 5 mg 1 week0 since August 24th . PPI Dexlant  30 mg taper has begun. Cutting 20% currently.  using zantac as needed.  Benzo is currently 0.10mg 

Oh maaan Mort I just loved what you said....you really think so....I don't know what it feels like to be well.....Thank you for the hope...]

How are you doing....xx

I will check Glak that you so much

Lee (f)

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Mort who or what is Glak...I thought he or she a member....how do I read Glak

thank you xxxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

I think he means GiaK?

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Thank you Direstraits I found it...awesome reading

Thank you Mort for this....gives one hope and I have not had nearly the suffering she had....

Thank you

Lee (f)

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

hello again

I have just been to my doctor and have severe deficiency in vitamin D and now my blood pressure is high....I never had any of this. This all started when I stopped taking the Zoloft...So now he wants me to take blood pressure pills and I am so afraid to take it....plus 1000 mgs of Vitamin D a day....I also have hypothyroidism which is under control....

Maybe if I take the vitamin D some of my WDs symptoms will go away. I am 33 months off Zoloft..

Any one have these problems....any suggestions. I am very healthy otherwise..my blood tests all came back normal save for the Vitamin D ....

Thank you

Lee (f)

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Lee.     Look into a plant based diet. It has been shown to bring down blood pressure/ cholesterol  and reverse heart disease, without pills.  Check out  Dr's  John  McDougall, Caldwell Esselstyn and T. Colin Campbell . Also Dr Michael Greger.   Do some research .   Vitamin D - just supplement or get some sun .   :)  

Hugs, Ali 

AliG

Thank you for answering me. I eat extremely well - lots of vegetables, turkey, chicken and salmon, In research I found that low vitamin D causes high blood pressure - I neglected to say that I cannot go in the sun - it makes me sick....only if it is cool 70F and a bit and sunny it wont bother me but higher than that I cannot take the sun...ll.5 nmol/l is extreme deficiency.

I never eat out....I cook for myself - and eat an extremely healthy diet...I am only 110 pounds due to WDs from Zoloft...I am truly at a loss...

Thank you for always being here for me AliG.....you are a precious gem who had guided me through my darkest hours

Love

Lee (f)

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone , here I am again. in 4 days I will be off Zoloft for 34 months. No relief, distorted vision, and seems to be worse, head pressure, pins and needles head face, lips, pressure bridge of nose, depression, crying non stop, wake up with high anxiety, night sweats pressure ears...really really frightened.

Now I have fought to take high blood pressure pills - I never had high blood pressure before I stopped taking the Zoloft, nor did I have hypothyroidism....now I have both I take synthroid for the hypothyroidism but I am so afraid to take blood pressure pills - I have a phobia about taking any pills at all....now found out also that my vitamin D is so low - it is difficient. 11.5 nmol/l Canadian testing.

I am taking blood pressure pills now for 5 days and I am so frightened that now I think my WDs are worse....I am relating the blood pressure pills to the way I am feeling....

I am at the verge of giving up - I had these WDs for a very long time with no windows..but they seem to be worse now - how can that be when I am 34 months off....

I don't think I will ever get better. I still, no matter what do what I have to do no matter how difficult...but please - someone say it will get better...

I am so sorry to come here and cry - I am not looking for pity = I am looking for some encouragement...

It seems I have to take the blood pressure pills cause my pressure can go up to 200/90. Doctor said it is better to take them rather than to have a stroke - I am 44 years old...

I am sorry again to complain....just need some reassurance please

Love

Lee (f)

( I have lost two people in my life that I have loved very much, If only I could feel better so that I can cope with these two tremendous loses better.....xxxxxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

hi divalee,

i am sorry you are having such a rough time. my story is similar to yours. i was on a low dose of zoloft (mostly 37.5mg) for 17 years, but i had a short taper. i have had pretty severe protracted WD that came on slowly. it took about a year for it to hit its worst where it stayed severe for over a year, and then it has slowly been getting better over the last year. i will be 36 months off next month. i believe my wd got worse due to stress. i believe the stress in your life may have caused your latest bad wave. i will tell you that even when i was combating the extreme stresses in my life, and at times doing a very poor job at it, i was still healing. it slows healing down, but i still made progress through it. i too have a lot of the symptoms you have, including that very uncomfortable pain in the nose, but mine also goes to my cheeks and to the tops of my teeth.  you have made it this far and you will get through this. you need to try to not stress. i would take restorative yoga classes, go for walks and meditate on those rough days. i play games on my phone to distract myself and to help time pass. a cup of tulsi tea would help me on those crawling out of my skin mornings, as it helps combat the anxiety. magnesium helps as well as it helps calm the nervous system.

i'm not familiar with blood pressure medicine but I'm sure there are threads on the subject here. i had to deal with a lot of health issues one after another over a year ago at my worst and while in WD, my emotions were distorted so i catastrophized and it just made things worse. it is really really hard not to in WD but you have to try to tell yourself that the worse case outcome is a small chance, and there are larger chances of things being okay. i thought that every health issue i encountered was a death sentence and stressed a lot, only to find out things were benign.

i too am very low in vitamin D but even most normal people are. i take a supplement when i remember, and i drink whole milk with vitamin D. your blood pressure may be from the stress you are going through as well.. a death in the family is never easy, and you are dealing with WD on top of that. do you take omega 3s? that may help with blood pressure as well as going on a half hour walk every day.

i hope knowing that you are not alone helps... i hope you start to feel better soon.

on 37.5 - 50mg zoloft/sertraline for GAD from 3/1996 to 4/2013 (17 years) 

too fast taper from 1/13-4/13

Divalee, I am so sorry you are suffering so much. It's so unfair. Dont give up, you will surely feel better. I can understand it's exhausting and horrible to wait for a change. But I believe it WILL happen. Are there other ways to try to low blood pressure? Food, some light exercise, meditation? Can you get in contact with any of the experts this site recognize? The mods might know. Healey? Shipko? Is there a Canadian expert on ssri?

The loss of loved ones in all this must be extremely stressful too. My deepest sympathy.

We are here for you.

All the best, Amy

Current dose: 0! Free!  Quit June 2017.

2017: Last dose zoloft: 17 June 0,00065 mg 18 May 0, 001 mg 14 May 0,002 mg 9 May 0,003 mg 28 April 0,006 mg 19 April 0,009 mg 8 April 0,013 mg 25 March 0,019 mg 22 March 0,039 mg 18 March 0,052 mg 16 March 0,079 mg 4 March 0,086 1 March 0,099 mg 22 February 0,11 mg 15 February 0,13 mg 6 February 0,145 mg 24 January 0,15 mg 19 January 0,19 mg 10 January 0,20 mg 3 January

2016: 0,98 to 0,22 mg; 2015: 2,35 to 1,01 mg; 2014: 4,9 to 2,5 mg; 2013: 9,1 to 5,1 mg; 2012: 15,7 to 9,7 mg; 2011: Started on 25 mg - then 50 mg- dropped to 25- to 12.5 mg - back to 25 mg - after 18.75 mg started tiny tapering to 16.6 mg

Started on 25 mg Zoloft in March 2011 due to stressrelated tinnitus that gave me panicattacks. Had a terrible reaction to Zoloft from start, but was told to "hold on". After four months I was stuck. Therefore the long taper. Crazy, I know... Super sensitive to drops and have dropped by 4-6 % from the previous dose.

AmyK

No one eats as well as I do.....my blood tests are perfect. I am into Creative mindfulness...I do everything I should everything.....yet the Withdrawals are so bad that is why my anxiety level is so high.....

Nothing wrong to indicate any problems with my blood tests...they are perfect....

The withdrawals are so bad - and there is nothing but anyone can do but wait it out.....which I am doing....

Thank you so much for answering me.... I just need some encouragement..or someone that can tell me they are going through the same thing and for as long as I have been going through it....just some encouragement once in a while.....xxxxxx

Lovev

Lee (f)

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013