Laura1981

Ireland members check in here

36 posts in this topic

Hey all, 

just opening a thread for the Ireland members. 

Cheers, 

Laura

Im from dublin as you no

Yay! We can make a self help group. They're handing antidepressants out like sugar pills here, so we probably don't have to wait long until we have more people. 

PS: I'm in Dublin too. 

Hey! Great thread idea!

I'm going to Dublin in August.

Laura your post about handing sugar pills made me laugh a bit. :)

Hey Servadei, 

great, let us know in case you want to meet up! 

Cheers, 

Laura

I would love to meet up because I don't know anybody in person who suffers from this. Once I get there maybe we could go on a massage or something.

Hey everyone.

I would be interested in meeting up for an hour or so (maybe somewhere relatively quiet, like one of the quieter coffee shops or something?? :-) I find it hard to hear over crowd noise) over the next couple of months. 

Thanks for thinking of this idea, Laura1981!

I don't really visit this website these days because my symptoms aren't bothering me too much at the moment, and I like to keep this whole situation out of my head as much as possible. However, I do think it's important that this topic is tackled from every angle possible, and it's important that the issue is kept alive and not confined to a few books and message boards.

someday, what's your story? Can you live normally now? I'm really scared ;(

Brilliant, let's meet up when Servadei is in Dublin. 

We can work out the details via personal message. We can meet at my place if we need a quite place without crowds where we can talk in peace. 

@both: So sorry you're still feeling so bad! I'm similar. I hope we all get better soon! 

I would perfer meeting up in public place. Usually when I tell people I'm paranoid they don't understand, but I think you will. Sorry for being this way :(

Oh, sorry! Of course, I totally understand. We'll find a public place where it's calm. I don't know many quite coffee places from the top of my head, but we'll find one for sure. 

Thank you! :)

Hi I'm also from Ireland trying to get off venlafaxine second attempt ???? had to take 37.5mg last night as WD was just too much for me .. Going to take it slowly now... still feel sick to my stomach but mentally taking the 37.5 has taken the edge off, feel about 90 just don't feel right but determined to get off these tablets .. Can't believe one pill causes all this misery have been Taking Effexor for the last 5 plus years and just want to feel normal again whatever that might be good or bad without meds :)

Hi Nino, welcome! I can't believe how many people get harmed by these poisons in Ireland.

Are you in Dublin? We're so many already, we can found a survivors group.

I was thinking: What about a walk from Greystones to Bray some day? Exercise is supposed to grow new neurons ;)

Ugh I wish I had energy. This piched nerve of mine really hurts :(

Sorry to hear about your current suffering, guys.

I have been going through a much better time for the past two months, and I am so grateful for it. I can't even bare to look at my own signature below my posts, because I don't even want to think about the horrible time I was going through for the first five months of the year. 

I'm still in the phase of being shocked that this is happening to so many people around the world. I'm still trying to process it all in my head. I really want to contribute to working towards bringing this all out into the open.

I hope you all feel better soon.

@Servadei: We'll do something more light then. After this Wednesday I'll have time to coordinate. I'll send you guy's personal messages. 

@Someday: That's so great to hear that you're feeling better. I'm determined to get this out in the open too. I'm planning to work with reporters from local newspapers or TV channels. My dream would be to get a reporter and a couple of victims to meet. It's still all in the works, but good to know others want to take action too. 

I want to make a video about how anxiety feels but I want to make it funny. Haha, maybe we could do that sometime? You guys, I was really excited to go to Dublin, but now I'm just really scared. This condition takes away my normally curious spirit. :(

Oh and I'm feeling better, though I'm not healed yet. Mornings are always the worst because I escape in my dreams and I feel normal...but mornings come so fast, and when I wake up I'm always like...Really life? Lol. And then through the day I feel better and better but I'm still looking forward to my escape in sleep.

Hello,

I just found this thread. I am in Dublin  :)

Blazes.

Hey, another one from Dublin... Wenn can really found a survivors group.

I'm on holidays at the moment... I escaped to a sunny place hoping that this would heal my nervous system.

But when I'm back we definitely have to meet up.

Hi Laura,

I hope that you are enjoying your holiday and I hope that it helps. We can certainly meet up when you are back. That would be nice.

All the best,

Blazes.

How is everybody doing?

Hey, 

good that you're asking. I was a bit low, so I didn't have much energy to do anything. 

But we should do a SA Ireland meeting. Anybody up for a cup of tea on the weekend? 

Cheers, 

Laura

Hi Laura,

Sorry to hear that you are feeling a bit low :( I am free on Saturday from 2pm onwards. Any time after that would be fine really. Somewhere in Dublin City Centre maybe? I am open to suggestions :)

Blazes.

What about at the entrance to St. Steven's green park? 2pm? If it rains, we can find a café and if it's sunny, we'll just sit in the sun. I'll PM you my phone number and how I look, so that we don't miss each other. 

What about the others? Anybody up for the first SA Ireland meeting? 

Sure. Sounds good to me.

Lovely, sent you a PM

I have been to Ireland once. 

hi new Irish member here ,feeling pretty crap but looking forward to spring and I don't mind the winter ;)  

Hi PowerBack!

Sorry to hear you're in the same boat with us. We tried to organize a Dublin members meeting once. I wonder if we should try again. 

Anyone up for that?  

Cheers, Laura

New Irish member - from Newry.

Cold turkey'd off Citalopram 1.5 years ago. 1 year now with this floaty boat/swaying/rocking. Doing my head in big time

Hello,

I would be happy to meet with some other members. Maybe some time in March. Ideally somewhere around Dublin!

Hi Laura great idea for meeting up sometime ,I can see how it can be tricky to pin down the time because of symptoms , especially at the moment for myself I'm not up to a whole lot , fatigue is crap,but would welcome meeting up with others in the future big time he.

Take care

Hi I'm from rhe North, glad to see some people closer to home on here. Having an awful time with sensitivity to medication and food, anyone else suffer like this?