Brainstorming - the more ideas, the better

Neuroplastic

At the risk of duplicating the topic (there's already this other similar thread in the forum), I'd start our brainstorming session about the ways of "changing things". Please, add your ideas on how to spread the word about SSRIs, and how to eventually dismantle the Big Pharma Hydra. Because it *can* be done. Just time.

- talking to individuals (family, friends, doctors, etc.)

- writing to newspapers

- commenting online (blogs, Youtube videos, newspapers)

- supporting other sites (Robert Whitakers's and Gianna Kali's blogs)

- starting your own blogs

- bumper stickers :)

2000-2008 Paxil for a situational depression

2008 - Paxil c/t

Severe protracted WD syndrome ever since; improving

“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once”

Albert Einstein

"Add signature to your profile. This way we can help you even better!"

Surviving Antidepressants ;)

And, above all, ... keep walking. Just keep walking.

I was thinking of our writing "open letters" to institutions/pharmaceutical companies/newspapers, etc, once the place gets well-established. They would be the "SA Forum" official stance on the matters, and it'd be far more effective than doing it single-handedly.

2008 - Paxil c/t

Albert Einstein

• 1 month later...

I have no idea if I will get very far but because of my anger, I left a message for the clinical coordinator at a place where Whitaker is speaking on Sunday. I had called there about my sleep issues because I was desperate prior to my successful experience with cherry juice last night. They couldn't help me.

Anyway, when she calls back, I intend to say something like, I think it is great that Robert Whitaker is speaking at your place on Sunday. To keep making progress, in my opinion, you all really need to learn about withdrawal issues from people like me who are dealing with insomnia. I would then offer to come speak .

I doubt I will get very far but you never know unless you try. I am just tired of dealing with clueless professionals and this has got to change.

I figure if they invited Whitaker to speak, perhaps I have a slim chance. Of course, if this comes to fruition, I would consult the list for advice on what to say.

CS

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

Good for you, CS! I think this is a great idea! You have the desire and you have the knowledge and experience. Also, you might think about writing more on the topic. :)

1996-97 - Paxil x 9 months, tapered, suffered 8 months withdrawal but didn't know it was withdrawal, so...

1998-2001 - Zoloft, tapered, again unwittingly went into withdrawal, so...

2002-03 - Paxil x 20 months, developed severe headaches, so...

Sep 03 - May 05 - Paxil taper took 20 months, severe physical, moderate psychological symptoms

Sep 03 - Jun 05 - took Prozac to help with Paxil taper - not recommended

Jul 05 to date - post-taper, severe psychological, moderate physical symptoms, improving very slowly

I doubt I will get very far but you never know unless you try. I am just tired of dealing with clueless professionals and this has got to change.

I'm going to clone you in at least a hundred of copies. :) This way the world would be a much better place very fast. You're doing great job, Cs. Let us all remember about the Critical Mass. Reaching it is just a matter of time. So, all hands on board!

2008 - Paxil c/t

Albert Einstein

• 3 weeks later...

Brilliant CS, great job, and i really hope you get the chance

to tell it how it really is, im rooting for you, good luck. ;)

Began taking 30mg Seroxat on 15th Jan 1997 for grief issues. Remained at that dosage until Dec 05, did doctor ct, akathesia set in along with being non functional and overly emotional, brain fog. Doctor prescribed prozac, propranelol and diazeapam to counteract side effects, and told me to ct those 3 after 2.5/3 months use, induced wd seizure on 2nd day after ct. Was reinstated on seroxat 20mg in april 06, remained at that dose until Nov 07 and began a very slow taper lasting 56 months, finally DRUG FREE on 11th may 2011.

• Administrator

Educating doctors, nurses, and people who work in clinics one by one works, too!

Don't give up on spreading the word. Bit by bit, brick by brick.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.