Your registration signifies you understand and agree to these rules and guidelines for Surviving Antidepressants:
This is a site for peer support, discussion, and documentation of withdrawal and withdrawal syndrome caused by psychiatric drugs, specifically antidepressants.
This site does not provide medical advice. For medical advice, see a trusted medical caregiver. Information presented here is intended for discussion with your doctor.
- Because of the sensitive nature of the discussions, members may be known only by pseudonyms. There are areas of this site that are confidential, for members only. You may not post the words of any member on other sites without that person's express permission.
- Pseudonyms are encouraged to protect the identity of the members. You decide how much personal information to reveal, see How much should I post about myself?
- Publish your e-mail address at your own risk. You may receive spam e-mail beyond the control of this site.
- Generally, accounts are not deleted. See If you wish to close your account
- This site is not affiliated with any religious organization, pharmaceutical firm, or medical organization. It does not receive any funding or support from outside sources other than voluntary donations. Staffing is entirely volunteer.
- We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any posting, and are not responsible for the contents of any posting.
- A posted message expresses the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this site. A member who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact the administrator through the site private messaging system.
- You agree that you will not post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law, on this site.
- Posting of advertising or commercial solicitations is barred. Such posts will be removed.
- We will remove objectionable messages at our discretion. If you continue with objectionable behavior after warning by an administrator, your membership will be revoked. See What will get you warned or banned
- Copyrighted material may be quoted in part or excerpted under the Fair Use exception of 17 USC Section 107, which permits use of such material for noncommercial, nonprofit, and educational use. See Copyright and fair use
- Copyrighted material should not be posted in full without the consent of the owner. Such infringement is the sole responsibility of the poster and not this site. Should a complaint be made by the owner about the posting of copyrighted material, the administrators will remove it.
You will see this notice prior to registration:
If you decide to go off your drugs, you must take the responsibility of coping with any distressing symptoms that may arise, including those patterns of thinking the drugs were intended to remedy.
We intend to provide a safe atmosphere for everyone. This site does not offer psychiatric care or psychotherapeutic care. If you need intensive attention, we urge you to also seek face-to-face therapeutic support in your life off-line, from mental health professionals, communities of faith, or other groups.
As this is only a forum site, we cannot deal with emergencies of any type. If you have persistent thoughts of suicide, please contact the suicide hotline near you rather than posting them on this site.
Completing this registration signifies your agreement to the above and to the Rules and Guidelines.
Edited by Altostrata, 13 November 2015 - 09:00 AM.