What good is all this suffering?

Petunia

To nobodyspecial

I do agree you can learn from suffering. Empathy kindness understanding patience endurance on and on. This does not make suffering esential for life, it only makes life worth fighting for. We can be so much happier with out it, depending on who we are we can learn and thrive without it.

Edited by Gerg
updating

After 48 years of illness.🤤 Diagnosed for 34 years as bipolar ☹of which i was on zoloft for 23 years. 300mg for the past 5 years.😲 I stoped zoloft mid  December 2017 tapering 25mg per week.🤒 Stopped completely 4 months later mid April 2018. A good decision but not without its problems. Incessant itching all over my body also patches of welps on my trunk and upper legs. After a trial of various kinds, soaking my body in all kinds of substances, ended up using goat milk soap and PawPaw soap which helps a lot. Eventually my body will forgive me for my excess use of of a drug. The only questions left remaining are 👀will i deal with my future stressors effectively and appropriately, has my 48 years of negative and positive experiances been a help or are there still underlying problems the the "god zoloft"🙏 only covered over since my youth, the comming years will reveal all.

My quote: "you must learn to laugh at yourself then you are a survivor."😉👑

• 4 weeks later...

I like the idea that some good will come out of all of this misery. So far, the main positive thing that I'm noticing is that I'm more sensitive to other people's experiences. It has also been humbling too, and has changed my priorities for the better; although I'm not done the withdrawal. As of now though, the relative importance of career has gone down in my mind, whereas the importance of human connections has gone up. 

2004: Clonazepam and Celexa. 2005 - 2006: Effexor, then increased to high dose, then switched to Valproate and Seroquel. 2007: Wellbutrin + Strattera + Celexa. 2007 - 2008: Wellbutrin + Adderall + Paxil. 2008 - 2012: Wellbutrin + occasional SSRIs when I had worsened "depression", which happened around 4 times, usually after CT of WB. 2012 - 2014: WB + Sertraline, then WB + Pristiq (awful W/D) then WB + rTMS, then ketamine. 2014 - 2016: Wellbutrin 200 mg + Abilify 4 mg + Adderall 20-40 mg + Cipralex 20 mg. Oct 2016: "Tapered" Cipralex, felt outrageously anxious, irritable. Dec 2016: "Tapered" Adderall, then felt depressed, hopeless, fatigued.  Feb 6 2017: reinstated 20 mg Adderall. Mar 2017: switched to Vyvanse, upped to 30 mg. May - Aug 2017: "Tapered" Vyvanse + Abilify to zero. Oct 25, 2017: Wellbutrin from 200 to 100 mg. Sep 10, 2018:  Wellbutrin from 90 to 60 mg. Oct 29, 2018: WB from 60 to 50 mg. Dec 19, 2018: WB from 50 to 45 mg. Apr 15, 2019: WB 41 mg. May 14, 2019: WB 37 mg. Jun 8, 2019: WB 33 mg. Jul 22: WB 30 mg, then down by around 10% per month. Aug 2020: 0

Working hard to take my life back. Anything I say here is as a friend or peer supporter; it is not medical advice.

There is a lot to be said concerning "suffering and how we think or more precisely how we draw conclusions about what we think about" suffering is a product of uncontrolled uncertainty when it comes to how we think, there are other ways of reaching a conclusion without having to suffer in the process. It is not the objective of healthy thinking to encourage mental suffering. Your mind is and will always be on your side it was designed to be a winner not a looser in life's quest for a healthy worthwhile life. It will never let you down, but you can let yourself down with unhealthy uncontrolled  thoughts. You are the sum product of past and present thinking processes. Check out the process of  "cognitive thinking" on the web. Use good judgment "as you do this" for then your mind will show appreciation to you in your quest for metal, emotional balance and well-being.

gerg

After 48 years of illness.🤤 Diagnosed for 34 years as bipolar ☹of which i was on zoloft for 23 years. 300mg for the past 5 years.😲 I stoped zoloft mid  December 2017 tapering 25mg per week.🤒 Stopped completely 4 months later mid April 2018. A good decision but not without its problems. Incessant itching all over my body also patches of welps on my trunk and upper legs. After a trial of various kinds, soaking my body in all kinds of substances, ended up using goat milk soap and PawPaw soap which helps a lot. Eventually my body will forgive me for my excess use of of a drug. The only questions left remaining are 👀will i deal with my future stressors effectively and appropriately, has my 48 years of negative and positive experiances been a help or are there still underlying problems the the "god zoloft"🙏 only covered over since my youth, the comming years will reveal all.

My quote: "you must learn to laugh at yourself then you are a survivor."😉👑

• 1 year later...

I seem to switch between feeling hopeful and perhaps that I can find some meaning out of a bad situation and then feeling hopeless and this is for nothing. It has no point.

Particularly when I was acutely suffering the symptoms I felt more hopeless at times but also when I had windows I felt more hopeful than I do now despite that my symptoms are less severe now. I was determined to get better and I was determined to cope but times I felt I couldn't.

Nowadays my symptoms are less severe but when I get them I feel more tired of it and I feel like I cant cope as well/ dont want to bother feeling this way, what good is this because I feel bad and it sucks.

I seem to consistently feel unwell at the same times each day now but I'm generally feeling good during the day and it's those times I have hope and I try to make plans for myself for if I get unwell what to do and reminders that I will be okay eventually.

Anyone else go back and forth like this ?

January 2018 - 50mg sertraline for only 2 days, had adverse reaction.

On 0 psych drugs now.

Took a very long time for symptoms to go away, got better mentally 100% in April 2020.

Turns out also had low vitamin d, low calcium and low thyroid in August 2020.

Treated with colecalciferol and now all physical symptoms gone. Possibly overlap between this issue & sertraline symptoms?

May 2021 Still taking colecalciferol, all physical symptoms gone. Unsure if this will return if I stop vit D for long time ?

Now consider myself fully healed.

Other medication: 5mg certirizine for allergic rhinitis once a day or when needed, cut down from 10mg just in case that was causing issue too since i've taken for over 8 years now.

FULLY RECOVERED NOW 🙂

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy