Pills to create happy memories to cure depression

Vonnegutjunky

*Currently at 8.2-8.5 mg of my 10mg pill of Paxil (they actually weigh 12.5mg) 

january 2023 I began reducing my med again. I was a 9mg weight for years, I went to 8.9 in January, went to 8.6mg in February, and in March 2023 I went down to 8.5-8.2 mg ( my scale varies, so I stick within that .3 range because of that) 

*No other supplements or vitamins 

*Taper schedule in the pdf 

Blank.pdf

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-5vShtJtwAOGA30OxIP87steLmMdFzD29F0fzAPD564

Brain Candy! --- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116768/

"the cells in the hippocampus that were storing the memory of this experience were labelled with a light-sensitive protein which when activated causes the neurons to fire" ...this article does not make any scientific sense at all.

the study itself can be found here: http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v522/n7556/full/nature14514.html it basically says "frying your brain can make you happy"...not exactly revolutionary thinking.  i cant access the full text of the study, but clearly there would be something dysfunctional and damaging about unnaturally and continually stimulating pathways.  it is a bit interesting, but mostly obvious; that is the nature of most published materials, though, since demonstrating anything truly spectacular or unprecedented takes a lot of access to interactions for observation.

from 2005-2012, i spent 7 years taking 17 different psychotropic medications covering several classes.  i would be taking 3-7 medications at a time, and 6 out of the 17 medications listed below were maxed or overmaxed in clinical dosage before i moved on to trying the next unhelpful cocktail.

antidepressants (SSRIs, SNRIs, NDRIs, tetracyclics): zoloft, wellbutrin, effexor, lexapro, prozac, cymbalta, remeron
antipsychotics (atypical): abilify, zyprexa, risperdal, geodon
sleep aids (benzos, off-label antidepressants & antipsychotics, hypnotics): seroquel, temazepam, trazodone, ambien
anxiolytics: buspar
anticonvulsants: topamax

i tapered off all psychotropics from late 2011 through early 2013, one by one.  since quitting, ive been cycling through severe, disabling withdrawal symptoms spanning the gamut of the serious, less serious, and rather worrisome side effects of these assorted medications.  previous cross-tapering and medication or dosage changes had also caused undiagnosed withdrawal symptoms.

brainpan addlepation

I felt it was just another ridiculous thing for the pharmaceutical industry to market -

And it seems such an idiotic leap from mice to humans -

Additionally aome individuals who are depressed have very few, if any, positive memories.

*Currently at 8.2-8.5 mg of my 10mg pill of Paxil (they actually weigh 12.5mg) 

january 2023 I began reducing my med again. I was a 9mg weight for years, I went to 8.9 in January, went to 8.6mg in February, and in March 2023 I went down to 8.5-8.2 mg ( my scale varies, so I stick within that .3 range because of that) 

*No other supplements or vitamins 

*Taper schedule in the pdf 

Blank.pdf

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-5vShtJtwAOGA30OxIP87steLmMdFzD29F0fzAPD564

insofar as i read, they do not seem to differentiate between active areas associated with the experience of and reaction to memory from "memory itself" (which is not really a specific and localized phenomenon).  that lack of distinction already makes this sort of thing rather suspect, and the approach seems to basically be desiring to overstimulate 'positive' brain functionality inasmuch as they can separate it from any other brain functioning by trying to match patterns induced in particular situations.

this is a recipe for brain damage: burning things out, damaging pathways, altering longterm functionality.  i dont really know jack about neuroscience right now, but aside from the obviousness of those conclusions, a very specific concern one could outline is the NMDA receptor, which plays a role in memory.  hyperstimulation of the NMDA receptors has ties to neurological diseases like parkinsons and alzheimers, amongst other significant, impairing, and potentially permanent dysfunctions.  (NMDA antagonists are clinically considered as treating parkinsons and other conditions.)

also, somehow my link was broken above in that first response, so if someone can edit the hyperlink to read what the verbatim text is, people will be able to directly click through to the article.

from 2005-2012, i spent 7 years taking 17 different psychotropic medications covering several classes.  i would be taking 3-7 medications at a time, and 6 out of the 17 medications listed below were maxed or overmaxed in clinical dosage before i moved on to trying the next unhelpful cocktail.

antidepressants (SSRIs, SNRIs, NDRIs, tetracyclics): zoloft, wellbutrin, effexor, lexapro, prozac, cymbalta, remeron
antipsychotics (atypical): abilify, zyprexa, risperdal, geodon
sleep aids (benzos, off-label antidepressants & antipsychotics, hypnotics): seroquel, temazepam, trazodone, ambien
anxiolytics: buspar
anticonvulsants: topamax

i tapered off all psychotropics from late 2011 through early 2013, one by one.  since quitting, ive been cycling through severe, disabling withdrawal symptoms spanning the gamut of the serious, less serious, and rather worrisome side effects of these assorted medications.  previous cross-tapering and medication or dosage changes had also caused undiagnosed withdrawal symptoms.

brainpan addlepation