if life is getting you down just remember these things

Darwin

Summer 2013: started on Prozac for OCD

Fall 2013: started Lexapro due to Prozac zombie effects

Stopped Lexapro because of lack of empathy/emotion,anxiety,lack of concentration etc.

Fall 2014: switched to zoloft 

February 2015: started effexor quit C/D after 2 weeks.

April 2015: was on zoloft for a month again to try and wean a bit more slowly. DID not work.

May 2015: dumped all of my medications

July 2015: Struggling day to day with withdrawal symptoms but hopeful that I'll be better at the end of august for the next school year.

• Moderator Emeritus

Super article.  Thanks.  I will read and reread several times I think.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Great words of wisdom. I am going to print this off and keep it with me. Thank you for your upbeat messages!

MDD and anxiety since 1997. 2013 tapered off Effexor, went back on 2 weeks later. at 75 mg-tapered from 112.

2013 Started lorazepam on a regular basis

March 2016-20 mg diazepam added for back spasms from surgery-5 mg 4x day. Currently at 6.25 mg per day. (2.50 mg in am, 1.25 Other 3 daily doses) per Ashton. 

Also at  1.75 mg Lorazepam. Ashton Manual taper too fast for me.  Ativan at .25 in am plus .50 3 x day.

4/9/18 began lorazepam taper on noon dose from .50 to .45 (compound) Held 2 weeks

4/24/18 tapered 4pm lorazepam dose from .50 to .45 (compound) Held 22 days

5/16/18 tapered 8 pm lorazepam dose from.50 to .45 (compound) Held 1 month

6/16/18 Changed to liquid lorazepam (compound) and went down to .40 on noon dose

6/20/18 started feeling withdrawls-migraine, severe nausea, anxiety, crying jags, suicidial ideation, felt like I was dying, bedridden

7/5/18 All the above withdrawls still going on...so so sick...maybe activated IBS?

7/5/18 Still At 60 mg Effexor XR(compounded) and holding 

7/5/18 still At 6.25 Diazepam and holding

Very uplifting article, it changed my mindset and perspective of what is happening which is the hardest time of my life.

Celexa 20mg 2008-2012 for Social Anxiety

Failed attempt to stop reinstated

1 year taper skipping doses

Celexa free 12/2013

1/2014-5/2014 took 5 htp every other day

Failed Reinstatement 5mg of Celexa on 12/2014 for 5 days only

same here

Summer 2013: started on Prozac for OCD

Fall 2013: started Lexapro due to Prozac zombie effects

Stopped Lexapro because of lack of empathy/emotion,anxiety,lack of concentration etc.

Fall 2014: switched to zoloft 

February 2015: started effexor quit C/D after 2 weeks.

April 2015: was on zoloft for a month again to try and wean a bit more slowly. DID not work.

May 2015: dumped all of my medications

July 2015: Struggling day to day with withdrawal symptoms but hopeful that I'll be better at the end of august for the next school year.

I used to love spiritscience..however, I cannot see how I can apply this with my mind like this..on my good days I get it on the bad where my mind and brain is "away" cannot seem to apply it. I look forward to reading in a window!

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

• 3 weeks later...

thanks.needed it.

September 2014 to July 2015 - 20 mg Lexapro, 30mg Mirtazipine

August 2015 to November 2016- 10mg Lexapro, 30 mg Mirtazipine

Nov. 2016 to Nov. 2017 - 10mg Lexapro, 3.75 mg Mirtazipine

Nov. 2017 to Mach 2018 - 5mg/2.5mg Lexapro, 0mg Mirtazipne

Mach 2018 to Dec. 2018 - 0mg Lexapro, 0mg Mirtazipne

I like the part about fear. All my struggles in life have resolved around fear. Fear is a horrible thing but slowly I'm learning how to control fear and hopefully one day, can overcome it.

trintellix 1 mg and rexulti .5mg

• 4 weeks later...

Loved this article. Thanks for sharing! Intellectually, I usually 'know' all these bits of wisdom. But, melancholy creeps into every crack and crevice of my soul. It overpowers my sensible, grateful, joyful side.

The sadness is in my gut. I try to stay focused on the present....but then wayward I go.....ponder deeply the regrets, losses, good times gone.....etc. etc. etc.

Good news is that I can mostly fight the melancholy. Exercise, surrounding myself with good people, hobbies, spiritual practices, and helping others gets me out of the dark gray mood.

But, boy oh boy, the emotional pain can knock me down so hard if I miss just one day of the fight.

Thanks again, appreciate the time you took to share!

Celexa 40mg for over 10 years- Began AD due to Cushing's Disease (ACTH emitting pituitary tumor), depression, severe ruminating, anxiety, extreme sadness & crying over death of my father.

AD seemingly helped me a lot for a long time. Side effects were tolerable: numb emotions, aniorgasm

Presently retired from high stress career and my body is suddenly rejecting the Celexa.

Tapered off for a week and then cold turkey.

April 2015--Withdrawal symptoms begin: nausea, headaches, brain zaps, ringing in ears, vertigo, waterlogged sensation in my ears, runny nose, altering chills & hot flashes, increased anxiety & neuro-emotions, eye twitching, PGAD, some depression with times of slight mania.

October 2015---Doing well-- Most withdrawal symptoms are greatly reduced. I will always have melancholy---but, learning to roll with it.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy