ADMIN NOTE moved initial posts from Mission of Surviving Antidepressants

Hello.

What do you exactly mean "if the symptoms are from and adverse or paradoxical reaction to medication, the medication has to be gradually withdrawn for recovery."? Is three to four months of gradual withdrawel enough? Thats what I did.

Edited by scallywag
added tags

Starting taking Anafranil when I was in 8th grade for OCD. I only took it for about one year. I had no withdrawel coming off as a freshman in high school. 

Then started various SSRI's my first two years of college. I felt side effects from all different meds but they were still prescribed by docs.

2010-Finally landed on lexapro for about one year and I noticed cognitive issues while on it.

Taper quickly off and felt very depressed for around four months. Was put on 50 mg Pristiq and symptoms got better but still had depression to a certain degree. Started getting severe issues from Pristiq so I tapered off over a four month period and have been dealing with withdrawal and healing from withdrawal since.

I was on Pristiq for about 2.5 years and then tapered off in the fall of 13'.

I am currently taking:

-255mg of gabapentin (holding for now)

-10 mg viibryd (holding for now)

-5 mg buspar (2.5 in the morn and 2.5 at night) (I weighed out half a tablet and it weighed about .053 on my scale so I started measuring it out to .050 with a nail file morning and night. That was my first cut. Beginning of December was when it was made). 

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DC112

• Altostrata

• ChessieCat

• scallywag

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

If you are getting adverse effects from your drug, you will need to lower the dosage to escape the adverse effects.

Some people will do fine with 4 months of tapering and others will get withdrawal syndrome, indicating they need a more gradual taper. To protect the largest number of people, we recommend a very conservative taper of 10% per month, based on the last dosage -- the amount of the decrease keeps getting smaller.

See Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Please start a topic for yourself in the Introductions forum to ask additional questions.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I'll keep this kinda brief. I am very thankful to have found this site because for the longest time I truly didn't know what was going on, and as I am sure many of you know, this is a very lonely feeling.

I was told by docs that it was severe anxiety and depression, but I knew it was something different because I got a litany of different symptoms that I never had before. Severe panic attacks, TMJ, severe stomach issues, Headaches, deep depression, severe anxiety and agitation, cognition and memory issues. It literally felt like a switch in my brain had been turned off. I just knew it had to have been from the SSRIs.

I went to the Amen clinic and they put me on a ton of supplements and vitamins which made me worse. I was terrified because I felt so alone in this fight!! I started to do research and found Dr. Shipko's article in Mad in America and realized that I had to be dealing with long term withdrawal issues. Honestly when I first read the article, it scared me. He didn't really discuss recovery. I think he was just stating facts about long term issues rather than recovery. But even then it did scare the **** out of me, but I was relieved that I "figured" out what was most likely going on. I actually had a phone consultation with Dr. Shipko recently and he said I am on the road to recovery. So I am optimistic for FULL healing!! I can't say how thankful I am to hear these recovery stories.

For whatever reason, for the longest time, I had trouble finding things online about people with this issue. And the stories I did find were people that struggled for two or three years then you didn't hear from them. I'm guessing for many it was because they would start to feel better and stop posting.

Anyway I am glad I found this and definitely need advice and am willing to offer advice for things that have helped me. I am getting off buspar right now and am wondering, because it is such a low dose, If i would be ok doing a more 'normal' taper rather than a 10% reduction every month? Alto had sent me a link on that taper. I just think that would be such a slow road and I feel that what I am truly recovering from is the SSRI withdrawal and not other med issues.

I am very thankful to be apart of this forum and feel like it will be a great resource in recovery! 

Dan

Edited by bubble
added paragraphs for easier reading

Starting taking Anafranil when I was in 8th grade for OCD. I only took it for about one year. I had no withdrawel coming off as a freshman in high school. 

Then started various SSRI's my first two years of college. I felt side effects from all different meds but they were still prescribed by docs.

2010-Finally landed on lexapro for about one year and I noticed cognitive issues while on it.

Taper quickly off and felt very depressed for around four months. Was put on 50 mg Pristiq and symptoms got better but still had depression to a certain degree. Started getting severe issues from Pristiq so I tapered off over a four month period and have been dealing with withdrawal and healing from withdrawal since.

I am currently taking:

-5 mg buspar (2.5 in the morn and 2.5 at night) (I weighed out half a tablet and it weighed about .053 on my scale so I started measuring it out to .050 with a nail file morning and night. That was my first cut. Beginning of December was when it was made). 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Dan and welcome to SA.

Thank you for feeling in your signature.

Like many of us you have had quite a journey with these drugs and it's great that you are mostly off.

I would really caution you with tapering your remaining drugs. Low doses are very relative. (It would be good to give more detail on your current drug situation: doses and when you started taking them as well as how you are tapering).

With your drug history and given that you are still in protracted withdrawal I would expect this to be quite tricky.

Rregardless of what we here say the ultimate authority is your CNS. If your symptoms increase, you are definitely going to fast even if it is less than 10 %.

(Instead of writing off Pristiq for 20 months a year and a month woudl be more helpful: in a month or two 20 months off want be the same ;)

Many people do better with fish oil and magnesium supplements, see
http://survivinganti...acids-fish-oil/
http://survivinganti...hannel-blocker/

Once again welcome. You will find a lot of friendly support here.

Best,

Bubble

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

• Administrator

Welcome, DC.

How are you going off Buspar, gabapentin, and Viibrid? What is the dosage of each and how long have you been taking each?

Please put ALL the drugs you take in the Drug Interactions Checker http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html and copy and paste the results in this topic.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I have been on buspar for 1 year. I have been on viibryd for six weeks and I have been on gabapentin for about 8 months. I was originally on 10mg of buspar. Now I am on 2.5mg of buspar in the morn and 2.5 at night(currently tapering). 10mg of viibtyd(soon will stop that one all together cause i just got on it). and 300 mg of gabapentin in the morn and 300 at night. I will go off one at a time.

Alto, did I read that you are currently taking a med that is helping you with your healing form withdrawal!?

Best,

Dan

I am currently taking:

Welcome dc112

Sertraline 100mg amytrip 60mg diazepam 4mg (and when needed) since late 90's.Reduced all meds over 6 wks (too short) last doses 13 wks ago.Still having withdrawals.I would have done it differently

5th august 2015 reinstated 5mg amytripiline.increased to 10mg amtrip 9th sept 2015.

• Administrator

No, I'm not taking any drugs for withdrawal. I took lamotrigine for a while but haven't taken it for years.

• 2 weeks later...

I felt like I had a good five day period with less symptoms. Still had minor withdrawel issues but felt alright. Then the last few days have, for no reason felt very depressed again. Very frusturating. Would this be considered a window then a wave? I almost feel like I have waves and windows throughout the day. Nothing really could have prepared me for this. Hardest thing I have ever been through! I often read Victor Frankle's Man's Search for Meaning for perpective.

I am currently taking:

• Administrator

Yes, that sounds like a window.

in a window now i can relate

Sertraline 100mg amytrip 60mg diazepam 4mg (and when needed) since late 90's.Reduced all meds over 6 wks (too short) last doses 13 wks ago.Still having withdrawals.I would have done it differently

5th august 2015 reinstated 5mg amytripiline.increased to 10mg amtrip 9th sept 2015.

Wave I mean my brains fried at the minute

Does this mean that the cognitive issues I was having on Pristiq and am still having in WD will not go away because I didn't do an ultra slow taper?

I am currently taking:

• Administrator

DC, I moved your posts here from Mission of Surviving Antidepressants. Your Intro topic is the place to ask questions about your particular situation.

We see people gradually healing from going off Pristiq and other drugs a little too fast. It will take time and there will be ups and downs. See The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Alto, I wanted to clearify. I went off Pristiq almost two years ago, which is when the severe WD started. After being off it for nine months a doc prescribed buspar because he didn't believe my issues where related to withdrawal. I could only tolerate a low dose. Then went to the Amen clinic because of my continued struggles. They put me on a ton of vitamins and supp. that made me very sick. Then they prescribed gabapentin, which i am now on 300 mg of continued struggles have landed me on 10mg of viibryd as well. I have only been on it for about two months, but I find myself on three low doses of meds. I still know that my issues are from pristiq withdrawal. My question is, am I not healing because I am on these meds? I have had a lot of physical symptoms improve. I DESPERATELY want to be off these meds. Can I damage WD further when getting off them?

Also, was on Lexapro for about a year about five years ago and when I went off it I had isolated depression. So I was put on Pristiq about four months after and it seemed to "help." But maybe the Lexapro caused the isolated depression (I had never had this before)? because I have gone off and on meds with some weird reactions being off, then being put back on, does this mean that my recovery will be longer or shorter? kinda speaking rhetorically cause I know this is a hard question. 

I am currently tapering off bupsar. I am at 2.5 mg. I'm thinking that I am going to do a slow taper with all this but faster than the 10% because I want to be off as soon as possible, but safely. So I will try this route and if I have major problems then I will slow it down. These damn drugs! Words can't describe the suffering and frustration! I know now that I am not alone.

I am currently taking:

• Administrator

You're currently on Viibryd, gabapentin, and Buspar? Please put this information, with dosages and when you started each, in your signature.

Yes, you could still be recovering from Pristiq withdrawal syndrome. Adverse effects from drugs will give your nervous system additional hurdles to go over in its healing path.

But you can't argue with feeling better. At what point did you start to feel a bit better? What drug was responsible for that?

Please put ALL the drugs you take in the Drug Interactions Checker http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.htmland copy and paste the results in this topic.

I don't feel like any drug has made me feel better. I think maybe just the passage of time. I had horibble headaches and TMJ and breathing issues at night.

I am currently taking:

Also, Its not letting me open the 'Drug Interaction Checker'. I am very concerned about the drugs I am still on and the severe desire to be off them. I know my issues are from protractive withdrawal. I just don't want to make my severe issues worse! In two months I will have been off Pristiq for two years. I had to get off Pristiq because of the severe mood and cognitive issues it was causing. Unfortunately after severe symptoms during a horrible taper from Pristiq, where I couldn't really function, then protractive withdrawal, I am still really struggling. 

I am currently taking:

• Administrator

Drug Interaction Checker http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html

You may wish to get a bite guard for the TMJ.

Are you "currently getting off buspar and other gabapentin and viibrid"? What are the dosages?

buspirone  vilazodone

Applies to: BuSpar (buspirone), Viibryd (vilazodone)

Using busPIRone together with vilazodone can increase the risk of a rare but serious condition called the serotonin syndrome, which may include symptoms such as confusion, hallucination, seizure, extreme changes in blood pressure, increased heart rate, fever, excessive sweating, shivering or shaking, blurred vision, muscle spasm or stiffness, tremor, incoordination, stomach cramp, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Severe cases may result in coma and even death. You should seek immediate medical attentionicon1.png if you experience these symptoms while taking the medications. Talk to your doctoricon1.png if you have any questions or concerns. Your doctor may already be aware of the risks, but has determined that this is the best course of treatment for you and has taken appropriate precautions and is monitoring you closely for any potential complications. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

buspirone  gabapentin

Applies to: BuSpar (buspirone), gabapentin

Using busPIRone together with gabapentin may increase side effectsicon1.png such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Here are the results!

I am currently taking:

I am currently on 10mg of vibryd( been on for 2 1/2 months), 300 mg of gabapentin(been on for about eight months), and on 2.5mg, morning and night, of buspar. I am thinking of stopping my morning dose of the buspar next.

I am currently taking:

• Moderator Emeritus

That's great you're feeling well enough to start tapering. Here is our buspar tapering topic:  Tips for tapering off busipirone (Buspar)

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I took away the morning dose of 2.5 of buspar and unfortunately within the first day felt terrible. Horrible feelings of crawling in my skin and intense anxiety, even having difficulty breathing. Met with my doc and he advised to get off gabapentin first. My original issue is protractive withdrawal from pristiq almost two years ago. I just hope that getting off these meds doesn't make it worse.!? scares me to think about.. this overwhelming hole

I am currently taking:

• Administrator

Perhaps you should put the morning dose of Buspar back and read the link Petunia gave you.

Also read Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Tips for tapering off Neurontin (gabapentin)

• 1 month later...

Can i heal from my original protective withdrawal syndrome while I am slowly tapering from other meds that were perscribed after protractive withdrawal?

I am currently taking:

Was my last message not on the right thread? I haven't heard a response?

I am currently taking:

Hi D.C ,

Not sure what you mean by protractive withdrawal ?   Do you mean protracted withdrawal ?  :huh::)  Yes , you can still heal as you're tapering.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• 3 weeks later...

Are there ever any issues when switching over from pill form to liquid? I just took a dose of 270mg of liquid gabapentin, from my original 300 mg in pill form. Feeling kind shaky

I am currently taking:

I had a horrendous day yesterday switching to gabapentin liquid. Does this sometime happen?

I am currently taking:

Hi DC was reading the gabapenton thread and noted:

"Rather than switch directly to an all-liquid dose, you may wish to take part of your dose in liquid and part in lower-dose tablets or capsules, gradually converting to all liquid as you get to lower dosages. This can be very convenient and reduce any problems switching from one form of the drug to another."

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2309-tips-for-tapering-off-neurontin-gabapentin/?p=26292

So the answer is yes it appears this can sometimes happen. Maybe you shocked the system by switching too much in one hit ...when a more gradual switch is needed.

I am following your switch to liquid with interest and hope it settles soon for you.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Totally agree with Alig...Healing (from this pharma assault) begins when tapering begins.

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

I feel like I am def healing from my original protracted withdrawal from getting off pristiq two years ago. Def feel better than I did last year. But I'm scared about getting off these meds that I was put on this last year. I don't want to further damage myself. This is all very scary. But I am very thankful for the support on this forum!

I am currently taking:

Am I not posting these in the right spot so the moderaters can see them?

I am currently taking:

yes you sure are posting in the right spot.

I am sure the mods will comment soon they may be on an extended  lunch break....you can take liberties like that ......when you are a volunteer. (maybe they are on a staff christmas luncheon ..you know how they can drag on...for ages..)

In the meantime i did a drugs interaction checker for you so that can provide some light reading until ...they arrive.

I was advised by my doc to start a low dose of buspar. Now currently getting off buspar and other gabapentin and viibrid. All at low doses.

Always good to check in with sa before taking a doctor's 'advice'. 

Sorry you started taking buspar, gabapentin and viprid.

Dont be scared DC you are in control of the process ...taper at 10%. There is a link to gabapenton, there is a link on buspar too Petu and Alto provided these above.

I have never heard of vibrid (vilazodone) ..whats that....?

Later ...  with a ....-done on the end i thought it could be an antipsychotic. ...i see its its an ssri.

Later went  to the audience drug interactions checker

Interactions between your selected drugs

Major buspirone vilazodone

Applies to: BuSpar (buspirone), Viibryd (vilazodone)

Using busPIRone together with vilazodone can increase the risk of a rare but serious condition called the serotonin syndrome, which may include symptoms such as confusion, hallucination, seizure, extreme changes in blood pressure, increased heart rate, fever, excessive sweating, shivering or shaking, blurred vision, muscle spasm or stiffness, tremor, incoordination, stomach cramp, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Severe cases may result in coma and even death. You should seek immediate medical attention if you experience these symptoms while taking the medications. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. Your doctor may already be aware of the risks, but has determined that this is the best course of treatment for you and has taken appropriate precautions and is monitoring you closely for any potential complications. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate buspirone gabapentin

Applies to: BuSpar (buspirone), gabapentin

Using busPIRone together with gabapentin may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

No other interactions were found between your selected drugs.
Note: this does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist.

Other drugs that your selected drugs interact with

Interactions between your selected drugs and food

Moderate buspirone food

Applies to: BuSpar (buspirone)

Patients receiving busPIRone should preferably avoid the consumption of large amounts of grapefruits and grapefruit juice. If this is not possible, the busPIRone dose should be taken at least 2 hours before or 8 hours after grapefruit or grapefruit juice. Large amounts of grapefruit and grapefruit juice may cause increased levels of busPIRone in your body. This can lead to increased adverse effects such as drowsiness.

Moderate gabapentin food

Applies to: gabapentin

Consumer information for this interaction is not currently available.

GENERALLY AVOID: Alcohol may potentiate some of the pharmacologic effects of CNS-active agents. Use in combination may result in additive central nervous system depression and/or impairment of judgment, thinking, and psychomotor skills.

MANAGEMENT: Patients receiving CNS-active agents should be warned of this interaction and advised to avoid or limit consumption of alcohol. Ambulatory patients should be counseled to avoid hazardous activities requiring complete mental alertness and motor coordination until they know how these agents affect them, and to notify their physician if they experience excessive or prolonged CNS effects that interfere with their normal activities.

Moderate vilazodone food

Applies to: Viibryd (vilazodone)

Food significantly increases the absorption of vilazodone. You should take vilazodone with a meal, preferably at the same time each day. Taking it on an empty stomach may lead to inadequate blood levels and reduced effectiveness of the medication.

................................//..........................................................

Sorry you doctor has pushed you back onto these drugs.

300mg gabapenton

5mg buspar

10mg viibryd

I dont think these are low doses. imo

Do you think you are feeling better today ...in respect of the switch to liquid?

Recovering paxil addict

Thank you for taking the time on my behalf and researching this. Really means a lot!! Unfortunately I was put on these meds before I found you guys or else I would have absolutely never have taken them. They were perceived after I was in WD for ten months.

Taking that 270 mg in liquid form really messed me up. I decided to take the full 300 in pill form because I felt so awful. I'm still feeling the effects two days later. I'm thinking I should maybe wean off the vibriid first? This summer I was able two cut my buspar in half with little withdrawal. And also was able to cut out an evening dose of 300 mg of gabapentin without any withdrawal. But I'm not always so lucky. Thanks again!

I am currently taking: