Thank you for your interest.
This is a site for peer support, documentation, and education regarding withdrawal and withdrawal syndrome caused by psychiatric drugs, specifically antidepressants.
This site does not provide medical advice. For medical advice, see a trusted medical caregiver.
This site is not affiliated with any religious, medical, or pharmaceutical organization or company.
It does not receive any funding or support from outside sources. It is entirely volunteer.
Withdrawal syndrome may occur after you stop taking a psychiatric medication and can last weeks, months, or years. While some people may be able to quickly stop taking these medications without serious symptoms, severe withdrawal syndrome can happen to anyone. Tapering off the medication is the only known way to reduce the risk of withdrawal syndrome. Don't risk the integrity of your nervous system -- do not suddenly stop taking any psychiatric medication.
Rules and guidelines for Surviving Antidepressants
- Because of the sensitive nature of the discussions, members may be known only by pseudonyms. There are areas of this site that are confidential, for members only. You will respect the privacy of each member.
- You may not post the words of any member on other sites without that person's express permission.
- We are not responsible for any information posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any posting, and are not responsible for the contents of any posting.
- Put your e-mail address in postings at your own risk. If you post your e-mail address, you may receive spam e-mail beyond the control of this site.
- A posted message expresses the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this site. A member who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact the administrator through the site private messaging system.
- We will remove objectionable messages at our discretion. If you continue with objectionable behavior after warning by an administrator, your membership will be revoked.
- Posting of advertising or commercial solicitations is barred.
- You agree that you will not post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law, on this site.
- Copyrighted material may be quoted in part or excerpted under the Fair Use exception of 17 USC Section 107. Posting of copyrighted material is the sole responsibility of the poster and not this site. See