lavendertealatte: Hello and hello

lavendertealatte

Well, this is my introduction of sorts.  I'm not sure I'll be on here much, depends on how useful and encouraging this place ends up being.  I was advised to stay off the internet because hearing all the negative experiences could create a new anxiety of its own.  And I agree with that.

So my story.

I've been on Lexapro, 15mg, for about three years now.  I went through a difficult time of depression and anxiety and I'm glad that I had the medications to help me out of it.  Situations changed, and now things are much better in my environment.  I'm hoping the feelings I had were more situational than anything and that I can come out of this stronger and calmer.  Now I'm going to try weaning off on a taper, and hopefully be off of them forever.  I'm definitely nervous though, having heard all about the potential withdrawal symptoms.

In the meantime, I'm definitely looking for more support in the absence of the SSRI for my mind.  Yesterday I went on a mini run with my husband, and it was a relief knowing I can still run!  I look forward to getting some of my creativity back which I felt was blunted by the medication.

Also, I love lavender tea lattes, although the caffeine makes me jittery sometimes.  But anyway.  Delicious.

29y.o.  Started Lexapro, 15mg in 2013 for anxiety and depression.

9/28/15- Started taper, went down to 10mg, then 5mg by 10/31/15. 

1/2016-  anxiety, nausea, fatigue, crying spells, sadness, by January. Reinstated back to 10mg.  Leveled out.   1/1/2018- Began further taper, down to 0mg by 1/31/2018.  Last dose was 2.5mg. Feelings of dizziness during taper recommended by pdoc.  Slowed down taper, but still had symptoms of stomach upset.

2/12/18 - Dealing with symptoms of dizziness, anxiety, sadness, stomach upset.  2/20/18 - Reinstating medication with .6mg.  2/21/18 - Emotionally feeling better.  Dizziness much improved.  2/24/18 - Went to sleep with extreme feeling of chills.  No fever.  Fatigue.  3/19/18 - Increased anxiety.  5/1/18- Began therapy.  Have trouble with anxiety and GI symptoms.  9/22/18 - Decrease to .5mg.  Anxiety, GI, chills.  9/26/18 - back up to .6mg.  10/31/18 - app Curable, feeling distinct change in outlook and anxiety levels decreased.

2/1/19 - not seeing improvement in anxiety.  started 10mg Prozac  2/7/19 - up to 20mg Prozac, experiencing chills, tiredness  2/21/19 - tapering down to 10mg

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lavendertealatte

• ChessieCat

• Rosetta

• Songbird

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Lt

I wisj you well

Sertraline 100mg amytrip 60mg diazepam 4mg (and when needed) since late 90's.Reduced all meds over 6 wks (too short) last doses 13 wks ago.Still having withdrawals.I would have done it differently

5th august 2015 reinstated 5mg amytripiline.increased to 10mg amtrip 9th sept 2015.

• Administrator

Welcome, lavendertealatte.

Good for you, to gather info about tapering before jumping into it! You can start with a gradual taper that will minimize problems coming off Lexapro.

Please read Tips for tapering off Lexapro (escitalopram)

Before you start tapering, you may wish to support your nervous system with fish oil and magnesium supplements, see
http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/
http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1300-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

and low-dose B vitamins (see how you do before increasing the dosage). While people who have already stressed their nervous system with withdrawal syndrome often have difficulty with B vitamins, if you start when your nervous system is stable, you will have fewer problems.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Welcome LT. Best of luck with tapering. In addition to the recommended supplements and a slow taper...my suggestion would be to start implementing more self-help strategies. That means you'd already have some things in place to deal with any difficulties that might arise during tapering. For some people, the reductions don't cause a lot of problems..but personally, I find it helpful being prepared and able to handle things as they arise. There are many good suggestions in http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/forum/8-symptoms-and-self-care/

You'll hear this over and over on here....but try things slowly and cautiously..preferably, only 1 thing at a time. That way you have a better sense if something is helping and if your nervous system becomes more sensitized, you are treating it more gently. Less chance for supplements or something else stirring things up. Patience is key around the whole process.

I love lavender....but have never tried a tea latte from it....I had lavender chocolate cookies a long time ago..they were heavenly.

Remeron for depression. Started at 7.5 mg. in 2005. Gradual increases over 8 years, up to 45 mg. in 2012.Began tapering in June 2013. Went from 45 to 30 mg in the first 3-4 months. Held for a couple of months.Started tapering by 3.75 mg every month or 2, with some longer holding periods. Eventually went down to 3.75 mg. about April 2014. Stopped taking Remeron August 2014. Developed issues with histamine a week after stopping--symptoms reduced through diet and a few supplements. Currently having issues with a few foods. Most of the histamine intolerance has resolved or is at least, in remission.

Current Medications:

Current Supplements: Cannabis (CBD and THC), Vitamin C, D, Quercetin, CoQ10, Tart Cherry, Probiotic, Phytoplankton oil, magnesium, Methyl B. What has helped me most: spending time in nature, qi gong, exercise, healthy diet, meditation, IV vitamins, homeopathy, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, music, and cuddling my cats..

My introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8459-mirtazapine-withdrawal-freespirit/#entry144282

Please note: I am not a therapist or medical practitioner. Any suggestions offered come solely from my personal experience in recovering from childhood trauma, therapy, and AD use. Please seek appropriate care for yourself.

“After a cruel childhood, one must reinvent oneself. Then re-imagine the world.”
Mary Oliver

Thank you all for your responses.

So day one of the taper.. yesterday, 10mg.  I felt anxiety in my tummy the entire day, but I did feel more energetic.  The anxiety though.. I don't know how long I could deal with that, and I don't know how to make it go away.  

Last night, I accidentally took 20mg of Lexapro!  I forgot that I had already taken the 10mg.  Today I don't feel anxious which is nice, but I'm definitely groggy and sleepy.  I'm torn.

1/2016-  anxiety, nausea, fatigue, crying spells, sadness, by January. Reinstated back to 10mg.  Leveled out.   1/1/2018- Began further taper, down to 0mg by 1/31/2018.  Last dose was 2.5mg. Feelings of dizziness during taper recommended by pdoc.  Slowed down taper, but still had symptoms of stomach upset.

2/12/18 - Dealing with symptoms of dizziness, anxiety, sadness, stomach upset.  2/20/18 - Reinstating medication with .6mg.  2/21/18 - Emotionally feeling better.  Dizziness much improved.  2/24/18 - Went to sleep with extreme feeling of chills.  No fever.  Fatigue.  3/19/18 - Increased anxiety.  5/1/18- Began therapy.  Have trouble with anxiety and GI symptoms.  9/22/18 - Decrease to .5mg.  Anxiety, GI, chills.  9/26/18 - back up to .6mg.  10/31/18 - app Curable, feeling distinct change in outlook and anxiety levels decreased.

2/1/19 - not seeing improvement in anxiety.  started 10mg Prozac  2/7/19 - up to 20mg Prozac, experiencing chills, tiredness  2/21/19 - tapering down to 10mg

• Administrator

We do not advise a reduction as large as 15mg to 10mg -- that's a 33.3% reduction.

Accidentally taking 30mg might cause you to feel funny for a few days.

We recommend 10% decreases per month, read Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

What is withdrawal syndrome?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Yes I saw that..  makes me nervous!  But will my pdoc be receptive to this?  Also don't know if liquid form will be covered as I am on state insurance.  Maybe.

Hi Lavendertealatte Welcome. I started off on 30mg Lexapro seven years ago. I weaned myself off without any knowledge of how to do it correctly and am currently down to 5mg. Basically I went from 30-25 then 25-20 20-15 and so on and so forth. I wouldn't recommend it! I didn't get a lot of symptoms that people have described but I did suffer with terrible rebound anxiety which lasted for about a month each taper. The only thing that I think I did right was staying at the reduced dosage for a long time, longer than most people would. For me it was about twelve months! I think the rebound anxiety put me off from doing it any sooner. In June of this year I reduced from 10mg to 5mg and then for some strange reason I decided to try and reduce that to 2.5mg only two months later. It kind of hit me in the face and I reinstated the 5mg. I am going to try and get liquid lexapro and continue my very very slow but steady withdrawal which at this rate might take me two years! I wish you well.

P.S I'd love the recipe for your lavender latte :-)

Hi lavender-- welcome to the group.  We have found that most doctors are totally unknowledgeable about how to withdraw from these meds, so I wouldn't expect too much help/support from him/her.  In many cases, mine included, members have used their doctor only as a source for the medications and then handled the taper on their own. 

Having the liquid version makes the taper easier, but it is not necessary.  It is also possible to make your own.

How to make a liquid from tablets or capsules

Using a digital scale to measure doses

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone.  It's been awhile since I've been here, because I was doing okay.

Until today, this week, rather.  It's been a couple months since the taper began.  I think by the end of October or November I ended up on 5mg, and then stayed on that for awhile.   I was a bit scared of going beyond that, so I'm still on 5mg.  However, I'm starting to feel sadness for no reason recently and crying for no reason.

Was my taper too fast?  I'm afraid of a relapse in depression.  Is it just withdrawal symptoms?  Am I doomed to forever be on antidepressants?

I'm thinking I may need to go back to see the pdoc, but I'm afraid of him just upping my dose again.  I'm not sure if that's the right way to do it.

What now folks?

Hi lavender-- It's good to hear that you stabilized so well.  For some people there is such a thing as holding for too long.  It might be time to try a small drop.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• 2 weeks later...

Still feeling stuck.. didn't know that last post made it through.  I guess the forums were down the last time I checked in here.

Anyway, I stopped seeing the pdoc, I think back in December, before our honeymoon.  Now, it's February, the end, actually, and I've been struggling more.  I'm afraid of what I think many of us weaning off are afraid of, that these feelings mean that we have to live with the medication for life and that we weren't supposed to come off.  So feelings of anxiety and sadness (I can't quite call it depression, but it's scary cause it feels on the edge of a cliff) and fatigue, though I've had trouble with fatigue for much of my life.  But the other week or so, I went on a run and I actually felt this immense nausea afterwards and threw up.  That was new.  I think the last time I've thrown up like that after a run was when I had to do a timed mile in high school and I ran really hard.  

Where to go from here?  I don't want to go back to see that pdoc, but I'm surprised you mention that there is such a thing as holding for too long.  How can this be?  I thought slower was better?  It's an interesting thought if it is true, then I wonder what I would feel like on less, which I'm afraid to do now.  

Because of insurance change too, I will see a new pdoc in March, who I'm hoping can help with the rest of the weaning process.  Part of me feels like I am in the middle of an ocean though, wondering if I should turn back for shore.  That maybe weaning is not for me.   Because at least when I was on that dose, I felt okay and didn't have to fight?   Yet at the same time I'm hopeful these are just withdrawal effects and will pass.  I'm not sure what's what...

I wish I had a good recipe for lavender latte, but I'm afraid not!  I like this earl grey lavender tea, and you can add milk and honey to it.  :)  

Hi Lavendertealatte Welcome. I started off on 30mg Lexapro seven years ago. I weaned myself off without any knowledge of how to do it correctly and am currently down to 5mg. Basically I went from 30-25 then 25-20 20-15 and so on and so forth. I wouldn't recommend it! I didn't get a lot of symptoms that people have described but I did suffer with terrible rebound anxiety which lasted for about a month each taper. The only thing that I think I did right was staying at the reduced dosage for a long time, longer than most people would. For me it was about twelve months! I think the rebound anxiety put me off from doing it any sooner. In June of this year I reduced from 10mg to 5mg and then for some strange reason I decided to try and reduce that to 2.5mg only two months later. It kind of hit me in the face and I reinstated the 5mg. I am going to try and get liquid lexapro and continue my very very slow but steady withdrawal which at this rate might take me two years! I wish you well.

P.S I'd love the recipe for your lavender latte :-)

Heart kind of aches.  Surprised that I'm here.  I guess it's been awhile since I felt somewhat dare I say it depressed.  Don't know what to do for dinner, but husband will be home soon.  Wish I could have cooked, but not a lot of heart right now.  May be able to pick myself up after this.

Initially wanted to get off the medication so I could find some other means of supporting myself and being healthy, in case husband and I want to have a baby in the future.

Do I reinstate the medication since I'm having a hard time now?  Will it just make it harder to go back down?

So many questions, no sure answers.  Wish I could cry, but do not feel like crying, just feel kind of numb.  Tried to nap, couldn't nap.  

Not sure if I should call old pdoc, as I'm certain he would want to up the meds...

• 3 weeks later...

So on Friday I went to go see a new pdoc.  I was hoping she would give me some more holistic ideas.  

A new med student did the intake for me.  The pdoc got the report.  She felt my anxiety/depression were coming back and that it wasn't withdrawal that I was feeling.  So she suggested I go back up on Lexapro.

I felt okay about this, although initially disappointed.  She seemed to know what she was talking about though.

However, after starting up on 10, I noticed all these side effects that I remember from the very beginning.  I am sleepy, my feet and hands are kind of clammy, and I am getting cold sweats at night.  The sleepiness is very bothersome, as I started a new job with little kids, and I am exhausted afterward.  I find myself sleeping a lot even though I don't work that many hours, and yesterday I even had my husband wash my dishes.  

I'm feeling a little discouraged.  Has anyone else experienced this upon reinstating their SSRI?

Is it normal to feel side-effects during reinstatement that were felt only when first going on the drug?

For example, when I first began Lexapro up to 15mg, I experienced a lot of cold sweats and sleepiness as the dosage went up, which gradually went away over time.  However, after reinstating to 10mg, I am experiencing those side-effects again.

Is this an adverse reaction to the drug, or is it normal and will it go away with time?

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Lavendar,

From what I can see this is your timeline for Lexapro:

28 Sept - 15 to 10 mg

end of Oct - 10 to 5 mg

today? or a week ago? gone back up to 10 mg (and are experiencing side effects)

It would seem to me that having been on 5 mg for 4 months, your brain has started to adapt to having less of the drug.

Are the symptoms you had before going back up to 10 mg unbearable?  Being on ADs can actually make people depressed.  If they were bearable you might do best going back to 5 mg OR maybe it's time for another SMALL drop.  My suggestion would be to NOT take 10 mg again but stick to the 5 mg and wait for one of the mods to assess your situation and make a suggestion.

These might help you to understand what is going on and why a slow taper is recommended:

Video: Healing from Antidepressants: Patterns of Recovery

Brain Remodelling

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Administrator

Yes, you can feel side effects. If I were you, I'd take less Lexapro, perhaps 5mg, those symptoms indicate that 10mg is too much for you.

Note: I responded to LTL's question posted in the Reinstatement topic without reading her Intro topic. I should have moved her post here first so I could see her context. This demonstrates how important it is to keep all such questions in the Intro topic.

I see Chessie asked the right questions.

Lavendertealight, why did you change your dosage to 10mg?

Edited by Altostrata
added note

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Lavender,

Just reading your last few posts - sorry things have gotten harder.  Chessie has some good thoughts really - if life was bearable on 5mg then returning to that would be the best idea.

It depends on which path you choose to take:  A life using drugs to cope, or a life into which you build strength.  Most doctors don't offer holistic suggestions.  But you can!  We have many ideas here, and I'm sure you'd be able to find things which would begin to give you a more supported life. 

This second option is what I've been doing, and I find it has made quite a difference to me.  Non-Drug Techniques to manage emotional symptoms. 

Time to take the reins :).

Karen

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

• 1 year later...

Oops, thank you each one for the responses.  I am surprised by the kindness of strangers!  I lost touch with this forum since I gave up on my taper at that time.

But I'm back!  I can't even remember what I did.  I think I did end up staying on 5mg.  At least I had been on 5 mg for at least more than a year, and then I finished tapering off in January.  Felt like I was at a good place to do it, pdoc agreed, although a therapist I saw did not think so.  Therapy is another topic, not sure what y'alls experiences are with that, but I cannot seem to get on board with it, they seem judgmental and sessions are anxiety-inducing but as for tapering--

I did it over the course of a month, which might be considered fast on these forums, but my pdoc wanted to taper me off within a week, and I decided not to follow his guidelines after experiencing really annoying dizziness while doing very normal things like shopping.  So I told him I was going to slow things down.  I finished my last dose on the last day of January, and seemed to be doing okay.  Whether or not that was too fast, well it's too late for that, but maybe that would inform how long it will take me to feel normal again?

We had a good event going on, and people staying at our house the first week so I felt like that protected me, but these past couple days I have been bursting into tears and so irritable/upset with people close to me for things they say that I take offense to like innocuous questions or annoying but rather trivial comments (like that they found I have a couple white hairs, for example).  People don't know about withdrawal symptoms except my husband, so it's like they're being caught off guard which I feel a little badly about but don't want to defend myself by explaining.  And I also feel insecure in general about whether friends can notice, like old friends I'm becoming reacquainted with that never knew about the ssri and depression/anxiety.

I'm also a Christian so sometimes well-meaning friends who are also believers will hear something about me being "anxious" and suggest a spiritual treatment,  and I don't know what to do with that.

So the question is, how long is this going to take before I become a bit less sensitive?  I've always been sensitive, pre-depression, but this is embarrassing, really, and I prefer not to burst into tears if I can help it!  Are there things I can do to help?  I thought maybe exercise, but the dizziness is not very motivating in that department.  So those are my two main symptoms, irritability and dizziness.  My friend suggested St John's wort tea?  Will that help or hurt with the normalization?  

• ChessieCat changed the title to lavendertealatte: Hello and hello.
  • Moderator Emeritus

The only known way to reduce withdrawal symptoms is to reinstate the drug.  You might find that 0.5mg or 1mg is enough to reduce the withdrawal symptoms to a bearable level.

Please read Post #1 of this topic:

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's WD Symptoms Checklist

Keep Notes on Paper

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

Oh dear I think I forgot I actually started from 10mg and then went down to zero. 

How would i go about getting medication again? I think I am plumb out.   :/  Don't think pdoc would understand if I asked for 1mg of it O_o 

Ok reading post #1 ..  I hope I'll be okay after a few weeks.. this is week two...

• Moderator Emeritus

You could just say that you want to go back on and let him decide the dose.  You can then create your own dose.  You don't even need to mention that you are tapering:

How do you talk to a doctor about tapering and withdrawal?

What should I expect from my doctor about withdrawal symptoms?

I am assuming that you are talking about Lexapro:  Tips for tapering off Lexapro (escitalopram)

• Moderator Emeritus

You can get a prescription from your regular doctor, you don't need to see a psychiatrist.

I messaged my doctor already, and he said yes to giving me a prescription for Prozac.

Is this okay?  It's a totally different medication though so I'm kind of worried about that?

• Moderator Emeritus

Here is Alto's comment on switching to Prozac:  

oh dear, that sounds too complicated.

Ok I'll try to ask him about liquid form again.. and if it's a no go.. I'll just wait things out I guess.  I read another online post that said it could take 3 months.

Ok he said he would prescribe me liquid form!  So how do I do this .. try going back up to 1mg and then go down from there again?

• Moderator Emeritus

Are you talking about Prozac or Lexapro?

Lexapro.

• Moderator Emeritus

Okay, so you are wanting to reinstate Lexapro.

Q:  What was the last dose of Lexapro you took?

Q:  When did you take your last dose of Lexapro?

2.5mg roughly 

1/31

• Moderator Emeritus

You could try 0.5mg or 1mg.  It may be enough to take the edge off your symptoms.  It is better to start with a low dose and if after 2-3 weeks the symptoms are still unbearable you could updose by another very small amount.

CAUTION:  Check the mg/ml ratio on the bottle.  Sometimes 1ml of liquid is more than 1mg drug.

K. Won’t be able to get liquid form until Tuesday ... hope I’m not too dizzy until then! 

Does anyone know why dizziness is part of withdrawal symptoms and how this all works? Husband is asking cause he doesn’t get it. :/  

also how long should I be on .5mg before I start tapering again? 

What if reinstating doesn’t work? 

• Administrator

Dizziness is a very common withdrawal symptom. See What is withdrawal syndrome?

You would stay at the low dose until you stabilize, which can be some months.

If reinstating doesn't work, you'll be in the same situation you are now.