NorthAlabama25

NorthAlabama25: 5 Years off and still morning anxiety

NorthAlabama25

*moved from symptoms forum

I'm 5 years now completel y med free, still have withdrawal, but symptoms come and go  quickly, but the minute it gets cold weather, I start having brutal static electricity, Even my bottom of my leg touches car and gets shocked, i have of course had static electricity before withdrawal before. It seems worse since I went into withdrawal, has anyone else experienced this in withdrawal, a worsening of static electricity, and has anyone still had this worsening at 5 years?

Edited by Petunia
added note

LexAnger

So sorry you are still suffering from some symptoms this far out!

It's interesting you mentioned electricity!

I'm still on the road of micro taper, but I believe lots my symptoms are caused by my body electricity wired wrong and shocking inside my entire body. I actually was wonder f there is a way to neutralize human body electricity which could be the only cure to withdrawal of these brain altering drugs.

I will do more research on this.

DLB

Whenever it gets colder more static electricity is totally normal and caused by the drier air. There is no problem at all. Glad you are doing well.

LexAnger

Sorry DLB, I kind of disagree. I still believe it's not a normal situation even it can be worsened by the weather.

NorthAlabama25

I'm 5 years now completly med free after basically cold turkeying a antidepressant and a benzo, i'm much better obviously thanwithdrawal early, but i just got up and am havinghorrendous anxiety and was having awful dreams!!! It was like i was half awake andknew i wasn't asleep but i could still feel the impact from the dreams!!!!  you guys think its withdrawal and if it is is it normal to have this hell at 5 years completley med free!!

a99

I know the feeling , I hope it passes for you so soon .

Is it the only symptom remaining ? 

Cressida

I'm 5 years now completly med free after basically cold turkeying a antidepressant and a benzo, i'm much better obviously thanwithdrawal early, but i just got up and am havinghorrendous anxiety and was having awful dreams!!! It was like i was half awake andknew i wasn't asleep but i could still feel the impact from the dreams!!!! you guys think its withdrawal and if it is is it normal to have this hell at 5 years completley med free!!

Have you read up to see if you are sensitive to histamine ? High histamine can cause this its something I ve been addressing for a while now and don't believe I d get better if I didn't . Caffeine also. Apologies if you ve already looked into this if not google histamine intolerance. Am. 40 months completely med free by the way

Petunia

Still having symptoms at 5 years off is not unusual around here, but I'm not sure how 'normal' it is. I've been off lexapro about 5 years now, and completely drug free almost 3 years and still have bad morning anxiety. I also have vivid bad dreams/nightmares which seem real and their impact lasts for hours after I wake, see: Waking with panic or anxiety -- managing cortisol spikes ...

NorthAlabama25, please start a topic for yourself in our Introductions and updates  forum where you can share your story, so we can get to know you and provide support. *posts moved to start an intro topic

Edited by Petunia
updated

NoMeaning25

Normal. Some people who cold turkey'd can take 10+ years to recover. Im 3 years out and still have many symptoms.

I know of a lot of people who still at tons of symptoms at 5 years off. Hang on it will get better.

NoMeaning25

What other symptoms do you have at 5 years off please list all symptoms

a99

Cressida , Petunia and NoMeaning25 how are you doing after all this time med free ?

are you functional ?

And NoMeaning25 is it possible to stay dysfunctional at 5 years + off ? or the people you know still have symptoms but not to the point of debilitating them ?  :(

Sorry NorthAlabama25 I know it's not my topic .

Cressida

40 months drug free. Am a lot better than I was but still have symptoms. Mainly

Head symptoms . Continuous pulsing /whooshing sound /feeling in head. Tinnitus . Other head noises .scalp tension

Still get "cortisol" wake ups lots of nights with palpitations and burning in feet and lower legs. Not nearly as bad as it was.

Anxiety very much better. Incredibly so. But will always be worse when I wake up .

My current symptoms I believe are due to sensitivity /high histamine and controlling my diet has helped a lot but its in everything and you have to eat so can't avoid it altogether .

My quality of life is improving . Was at a party all evening yesterday ( drank only fizzy water ) and had a lovely time no anxiety . My biggest problem is the head pulsing frightens me and undermines my confidence in doing things alone. But I don't turn anything down because of anxiety any more. My neuro emotions have very much settled . I need to start tackling my exercise. So am much improved but not completely healed by any means. Would be feeling almost better a lot of the time except for the head and I am working on accepting that.

. I don't think there are any miracle cures or quick fixes you have to live as healthily as possible try and identify any personal triggers ( sugar, caffeine, histamine etc ) and hang in there I think . Just my opinion .

luv2knit

Stopping by to say hello NorthAlabama25. I am in North Alabama as well. I am 15 months off a MUCH too rapid taper of Zoloft.

Wishing you well!!

oskcajga

Head symptoms . Continuous pulsing /whooshing sound /feeling in head. Tinnitus . Other head noises .scalp tension

Still get "cortisol" wake ups lots of nights with palpitations and burning in feet and lower legs. Not nearly as bad as it was.

Anxiety very much better. Incredibly so. But will always be worse when I wake up .

My current symptoms I believe are due to sensitivity /high histamine and controlling my diet has helped a lot but its in everything and you have to eat so can't avoid it altogether .

My quality of life is improving . Was at a party all evening yesterday ( drank only fizzy water ) and had a lovely time no anxiety . My biggest problem is the head pulsing frightens me and undermines my confidence in doing things alone. But I don't turn anything down because of anxiety any more. My neuro emotions have very much settled . I need to start tackling my exercise. So am much improved but not completely healed by any means. Would be feeling almost better a lot of the time except for the head and I am working on accepting that.

. I don't think there are any miracle cures or quick fixes you have to live as healthily as possible try and identify any personal triggers ( sugar, caffeine, histamine etc ) and hang in there I think . Just my opinion .

How are your cognitive functions, and emotions?  Did your emotions come back?  It's been 2 years and I only get small glimpses of what used to be emotions - I really miss my emotions :(

Altostrata

Welcome, NoAla.

That reaction might be triggered by morning light. Please look at the suggestions in the topic Petunia gave you.

It sounds like you've been through a lot, and are doing better now. What drugs were you taking? For how long? Can you describe the path your withdrawal symptoms took? Did anything help the healing along?

Cressida

How are your cognitive functions, and emotions? Did your emotions come back? It's been 2 years and I only get small glimpses of what used to be emotions - I really miss my emotions :(

To start off with I had an abundance of fear and anger. So much so that it didn't leave a lot of room for other emotions. Now the anxiety has calmed down a lot and the anger has subsided , I no longer hate my husband lol , am sure from his point of view I am much more pleasant to live with. My sense of humour is breaking through. I feel love very powerfully , I can get overwhelmed by news items, not just tragedies but for example the All Black rugby player giving his winners medal to the boy. I read somewhere that Dr Healey says emotions heal one at a time , so you may have to be patient .

Cognitive functions. Depends what you are looking at. Read books follow TV /film. . Can plan . Problem solve. Memory getting better. Can generally remember if I ve brushed my teeth etc whereas before I couldn't remember I seemed to operate on auto pilot maybe because my brain was overwhelmed by anxiety. I m generally tired because I'm still having mainly disturbed nights, and have a foggy band around my forehead which doesn't help me feel at my sharpest if that makes sense. H no longer gets impatient with me do I guess am sharper than I was some months ago . I am starting to feel more like me .

Cressida

BTW. Worth trying but my bedroom is completely dark and it has had no impact on those awful dreams and morning fear. This far out when I get breaks from that mine are influenced by food. Don't eat late. If you are having any caffeine try not having it after 3pm. I haven't had any sugar for a long time which includes fruit, and I follow my own version of a low histamine diet . I think everyone tailors this themselves. Haven't had those dreams for a while and my morning anxiety is generally mild

bromor

Hello there.  I'm in North Alabama too!  I agree with the diet considerations ect ~ magnesium has been a big help to me in this journey.

Altostrata

Excellent suggestions, Cressida. Thank you.

KarenB

Hello NorthAlabama,

I'm so sorry things are still rough for you.  Something I do to get me out of that 'stuck in the dreams' state is get up and dip my feet in cold water.  A friend suggested it to me and I find it both refreshing and useful to wake me up properly out of my dreams.  Otherwise I can feel quite stuck in my dreams and shaky from them even into the day.  

Other ways I deal with morning anxiety are turning on the radio, or sitting up and writing all my random thoughts down on paper.  Just write and write and don't think - let it all spill out.  It helps stop my circling thoughts, and I feel like I've done some processing. 

Hope you find some relief,

KarenB

NorthAlabama25

anyone here med free 6 years?  I cted celexa and ambien 6 years ago with symptoms still but much better.  What symptoms do you guys have that cted 6 years ago, i was on meds a total of 9 years.

LexAnger

Welcome Northalabama!

I'm so sorry that you are still not out of the woods completely after 6 yrs. I'm glad you are feeling much better though.

I'm still tapering so my experience won't answer your question.

How are you doing now? What symptoms have disappeared/improved and what are still on?

Lex

Altostrata

Hello, NAla. I merged your new post here as a continuation of your Intro topic.

Reading back on what you've posted, how have your symptoms changed? How are you feeling now?

NorthAlabama25

im having horrible anxiety and fear every time i wake up from sleep!!! im 6 years med free since i cted celexa and ambien  and this symptom is STILL BAD!!!! anything i can do to help alleviate this symptom like nutrition or a supplement i can take, this symptom is killing me!!!!

scallywag

NorthAlabama, I've moved your post to your introduction and update topic so that all your information will be in one place.

You might have a look at the topic on waking up with panic or anxiety due to cortisol surges. Recently at least one person has posted about something that helped them.

Your introduction is the best place to ask questions about your situation rather than starting a new topic especially in another forum (Tapering, Symptoms).  The introductions forum is the first place I look at for members' questions. Other moderators may do the same thing.

NorthAlabama25

Well, in august it will be 7 years since i stopped all meds, for all you guys who are just begining withdrawal and are in HELL!!!!! Let me tell you I was in your situation and believe me.. IT GETS BETTER!! I know it feels like it will never get better, but it does, DON'T KILL YOURSELF!!  I know i was in that mindset the 1st and 2nd year of withdrawal, but believe me you will heal and have a normal life again trust me But the bad news is guys i still have some linguering symptoms,  I still believe the meds caused me to go bald, i had one transplant to put a little hair on my head , but  i still havent healed and feel my nervous system is still messed up , i'll try to list symptoms that i still have so bear with me, hear is the list.

1. Bloating, i still bloat bad when i eat, especially if its fast food, , early in withdrawal, i would have pain, and bloating. The pain is pretty much gone, but not the bloating, i almost look pregnant when i bloat. it lasts hours and its whenever i have a meal.

2. Gastrointestinal Issues, I still have severe issues with flatuelence  and diarrhea  type symptoms, its almost like IBS but if I exercise streneous i immediately have to use the bathroom i crap alot during the day..

3. symptoms vamped when exercising, if  i overdue my exercising, my neck gets stiff,  anxietty goes up, and im restless, and sometimes my muscles get heavy

4. Can't wear shoes, its been years since ive worn shoes, if i wear socks and shoes, my feet start stinging, and spasming , .

Well thats my story, this drug destroyed me like nothing else in my life has but im making it and it was  alot worse, hang in guys it gets better, hang in there, i hope this helps others.

divalee

*moved from symptoms forum

I'm 5 years now completel y med free, still have withdrawal, but symptoms come and go  quickly, but the minute it gets cold weather, I start having brutal static electricity, Even my bottom of my leg touches car and gets shocked, i have of course had static electricity before withdrawal before. It seems worse since I went into withdrawal, has anyone else experienced this in withdrawal, a worsening of static electricity, and has anyone still had this worsening at 5 years?

Dear North

I am 4 years off Zoloft - and many of my symptoms I still have - I didn't have such a bad time getting off, it was when I stopped completely which took me one year and a half -  about 3 months or so after stopping all hell broke loose and I have not been the same since - I get windows (if that is what you call it)  very short lived but waves are constantly there.....

I am sorry you are 5 years out and still have symptoms, I wish there were some answers -  but they will all go away eventually - I belong to another group called Protracted Withdrawal and some are 7 years off and still have WDs...but eventually the symptoms will pass - we have to have courage and speranza and support -  and never ever give up -  it you are afraid to do things - then do it afraid - don't let fear stop you - just do it.....as I do.....every single day.

All the people in all the groups I belong to .......I pray for you because  I can walk solidly in your shoes

Lee (f)

xx

NorthAlabama25

I am 7 almost 8 years since i cted zoloft after taking it 7 years, i was going to start exercising to lose the weight ive gained  since withdrawal, i walked on my treadmill at 3.2 miles an hour   for an hour a couple of days and then one day i went to shower after i walked on  the treadmill, after my shower, i went to lay on the couch to rest, and starting having the zapping, horrible pain i had in withdrawal early on, im having the not sleeping more than 5 hours and zapping feet pain waking me up, if i try to dose off, i have stinging, needle, or other pain in my  feet, ive had it over a week now, as well as stinging, pin needle, or bee stibng in my feet, legs, face, neck, even thigh!! Im going nuts just like in early withdrawal, is this withdrawal guys at 7 years out. Please help, Im Scared, going nuts, and very sad, im also an autistic person as well

NorthAlabama25

no comments  yet, suprised

historygal

Are you taking any other medication? For autism, or anything  that can altar the brain, please be honest ? 

NorthAlabama25

no, other than vitamin  c and d, i havent taken any psychiatric drug since early 2010

fj929

Can you give us some background on your WD history? How long have you been symptom free before this happened?

ChessieCat

I've merged your new topic with your original Intro so that members can see your history.

Gridley

Hello, NorthAlabama,

I have two suggestions to make  based on your descriptions of symptoms:

1.  Avoid strenuous exercise.  For many (most?) in withdrawal it is very stressful on an already very stressed system.  For us in withdrawal, the practices that are healthful for others are sometimes the opposite for us.

2.  Avoid fast food.  It is not helping you to recover.   

Edited by Gridley

NorthAlabama25

Thanks guys but what i need to know is has anyone been off as long as I have and retriggered symptoms like these?  I need to know do these eventually go away again, cause they are baD NOW!!!  Any help id appreciate, its bad RIGHT NOW!!!

LexAnger

Hi Alabama,

dont panic, I remember reading couple other ppl who healed for years then got sudden setbacks. But those lasted only a short period before everupything got back to normal again. My guess is, the drug hunted system is somewhat still not like the original one, and another adjustment needed even after long term non symptoms from majority part healed and stabilized. I believe this setback will be brief and gone soon for you. Just let it be and not add more stress by freaking out. Be kind to yourself and have faith!

Also, how long have you been healed? 

Lex