Junglechicken

Junglechicken

SquirrellyGirl

Breathe, Jungle!  At these times, when I feel myself spiraling into stress, I find it helpful to recite like a mantra:  At this moment, I am ok; I can take one minute at a time.

You're going to get through this and then it will be behind you!

SG

brassmonkey

Hi JC-- something I've used for years for coughing at night is a strong tea made with the herb Thyme.  Fill a tea ball with chopped dried thyme leaves and steep it in a cup of boiling water for five or more minutes.  Then sip it just as you're going to bed.

Junglechicken

Thanks SG and BM - appreciate it.

Survived the long flight but my cough was so bad this morning there was a small amount of blood in my phlegm. That was scary.

Also slept for 12 hours.

My bowels have yet to return to normal and I have had various aches and pains in my lower and upper back. The seats on the plane were brutal on my body for such a long flight and the cabin was freezing cold.

Dread the thought of having to travel anywhere now.

Junglechicken

Does anyone know if having a chest infection can affect hydration levels?

Concerned that I can't seem to stay hydrated enough. Fixating on the colour of my pee now.

Appreciate any thoughts/experiences.

JC

Fresh

Your pee is likely to be dark if your body is too acidic as opposed to alkaline.

Try mixing one heaped teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in a glass of water and drinking it , and see what happens.

:)

Junglechicken

What would make my body too acidic Fresh?

The flu/cough medication?

Fresh

It's cumulative JC:

3 Factors of Great Health & Alkaline Body

Hi  Fresh,

Today I'm going to share with you more about great health and alkalizing your body.

Health and healing are based on the notion of balance. Acid alkaline balance is the most critical balance in the body and is required to ensure proper health, energy, and vitality.

Why?

Because all the body's regulatory mechanisms including breathing, circulation, digestion and even our hormones work in order to maintain the delicate internal acid alkaline balance.

You can measure the pH range in saliva and urine, but the pH of your blood is the most important indicator of the body's internal conditions.

Just as our body temperature must be maintained at 98.6 degrees, the pH of your blood is controlled between 7.35-7.45.

This range of 7.35 and 7.45 is vital to a person's well being. The body will go through great lengths to maintain the appropriate, slightly alkaline, nature of its internal environment.

Let's see what happens when the body is slightly out of balance...

In the earlier stages of imbalance, small symptoms begin to show, such as headaches, allergies, aches, and back pains.

Why do you experience these symptoms?

Simple really...

In order to maintain the delicate pH range of your body, your body will try to get rid of the excess acids by 2 ways...

1) It can release the excess acids through the skin, producing symptoms such as eczema, acne, boils, headaches, muscle cramps, soreness, swelling, irritation, inflammation, and general aches and pains.

2) Or your body neutralizes the excess acids in the system by leaching all the alkaline minerals like calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium, from other parts of your body.

And when this continues for a long time, your internal system would fail and cause your body to become susceptible to serious diseases and illnesses for example heart diseases, osteoporosis (for women), high blood pressure, and diabetes and many more...

To add on to that, when your body can no longer maintain the delicate slightly alkaline pH level, cancer cells have higher chances to grow in your body.

I'm going to quote Dr Otto Warburg again, who was awarded the prestigious Nobel Prize for his study in cancer -

"Every single person who has cancer has a pH that is too acidic."

Almost all diseases in the body are caused by excess acidity in the body. Correct that and you might be disease-free sooner than you think.

There are a few factors that influence the acidity of your body - your diet, lifestyle and your daily emotions.

Junglechicken

Thanks Fresh, I guess I will find out for sure my blood/urine results next week.

The re-location back to the UK has wreaked havoc with my CNS. Was doing ok up until 4 weeks ago.

Junglechicken

Never heard back from our Doctor re: our tests (assuming no news is good news) and we had them 2 weeks ago.

The chest infection has now gone - thank goodness.

What is concerning me now is on/off lower abdominal pain which I have had since getting back from Mexico.  Not sure if this is muscle pain or something more serious.  It has woken me up twice now in the early hours.

Considering having an ultrasound scan done.  Haven't yet registered with a doctor as we don't have a permanent address yet.

Any suggestions as to what this could be?

Junglechicken

Please can someone respond :0(

Concerned about my bladder issue.

Have to go and pee urgently with fullness every 40 mins and it's been like this for the last 2 weeks. My period arrived a week early last month.

Have lower abdominal pain.

Scared.

Fresh

Hi JC ,  it's been 8 weeks since you reinstated 2.5mg cipralex , yes?

I can see from your posts that the reinstatement headed off the worst of the withdrawal , but the range of symptoms

you've been experiencing since then are still part of the w/d package.

It can take some months to stabilize after the taper you did last year.

You  might get more input if you re-do your signature to include just salient points of your med. journey.  It's a bit

of a "wall of words" at the moment , and is difficult to read with impaired concentration.

"Putting a SHORT version of your recent history of reducing or discontinuing drugs in your signature, with the drugs you are currently taking, when you started taking them, and their dosages, helps people understand your context when they read your posts."  See Please put your withdrawal history in your signature

If you read the thread on bladder issues again , you'll see that excessive sensations of fullness and frequency are not

unusual , just annoying.

Junglechicken

Thanks Fresh, just getting scared (again) not helped by dealing with a major overseas move. Currently looking for job and place to live and seeing my father deteriorating with Parkinsons.

Keep thinking I need to see a doctor and yes I did read and re-read the urination thread but came to the worst conclusions.

It's been 12 weeks since I re-instated Cipralex at 2.5mg.

Will do a bite size version of my signature - agree it is too wordy.

Junglechicken

Thanks Fresh, just getting scared (again) not helped by dealing with a major overseas move. Currently looking for job and place to live and seeing my father deteriorating with Parkinsons.

Keep thinking I need to see a doctor and yes I did read and re-read the urination thread but came to the worst conclusions.

It's been 12 weeks since I re-instated Cipralex at 2.5mg.

Will do a bite size version of my signature - agree it is too wordy.

Also scared because we are not yet registered with a doctor and whoever we do register with does not have my medical history.

This feels like the UTI thing yet again only worse because I am really stressed out.

Junglechicken

Weird - constant urge to pee has disappeared today (will continue monitoring).

I managed to get to sleep eventually through self-comforting.

I should add that my TOTM is due next week so any abdominal discomfort could be related to that.

P.S Hope my signature is easier to decipher now.

Junglechicken

Constant urge to pee/bladder fullness just disappeared.

Yesterday I got back from a walk which was obviously too strenuous as I had walked up and down some very steep hills. In the evening I started getting awful nerve pain inside left thigh, and unpleasant muscle tightness from my lower back right down to my calves. Have also had transient back pain.

Slept fine though.

Hoping my TOTM is back to being on 'schedule' again.

A suggestion for Staff and Moderators which came to me this morning - how about a glossary of terms/definitions used by this community?

JC

Junglechicken

OK, so for the last couple of days I have not been experiencing frequent urination and the bladder pressure and sensitivity have gone.

Hoping this will continue and of course am wondering what the next set of WD symptoms are going to be.

coldturkmama

I'm from Canada (nova scotia ) and I did a cold turkey too. I'm so sorry you have gone trough such a hard time. Just remember not all Canadian's are jerks! ;)

Junglechicken

I'm from Canada (nova scotia ) and I did a cold turkey too. I'm so sorry you have gone trough such a hard time. Just remember not all Canadian's are jerks! ;)

Ha ha, just the ones out west?! In any case the behaviour is driven by greed and the fact that jobs become scarce during times of uncertainty. Alberta's future is on shaky ground.

Junglechicken

Feeling slightly jittery today (trembling hands for one) and with head fog.....no doubt due to the strong black tea I drank (silly me) this morning.

My TOTM has yet to arrive but seems to still be on schedule.

I also have a numb stiffness tension feeling in my pectoral muscle to the right of my right boob and also down my right side - could that have been down to the steep hill walking we did yesterday?? Weird....then again all of this is.

Junglechicken

Doing fine today and slept well again.

Just waiting for the sodding TOTM to arrive.

AliG

J.C.   Have you tried Colloidal Silver ?   I had the same issues.  C.S . did the trick .  

Junglechicken

Hi AliG, no I haven't tried CS yet.

I would need to see if I can get hold of it in the UK as those bladder issues were just awful.  Guessing they will crop up again some time in future.

Will see what I can find.

JC

Junglechicken

OK, this is the 29th day of my cycle and so far only spotting.  

As some of the ladies are aware my TOTM arrived 8 days early last month and granted February is a short month.

However, I think the bladder issues I had which lasted 3 weeks and now this points to WD being the cause.

Guess I will have to go and have some tests done to rule out something more serious.

I re-instated 25th Nov, Dec and Jan TOTMs were on time, Feb 8 days early and now this.

May I add that I've never had any TOTM issues before and so I think this is co-incidental with re-instating Cipralex.

AliG

J.C.    It's probably just " wacky " drug symptoms, but I guess you have to go get the tests , just to rule anything else out !!  So annoying !

Junglechicken

Thanks AliG - feeling extremely down today with the pain I'm in (lower abdominal, lower back, legs etc.,).

I have to say this was one of my greatest fears, missing a period....which could suggest something more serious.  If it doesn't materialise this will be the first time I've ever missed one.

We still haven't registered with a doctor yet and I guess we'll go to a surgery in the village we're living in - that will now be on Monday.

So worn out with feeling afraid caused by another onslaught of pain and wondering what the hells going on with my body.

Feel as though I'm being punished somehow.....finally managed to live in the part of the UK I had always wanted to live in but am having to deal with being in pain.  As yet no jobs, and an unsold house on the market.

Junglechicken

OK, so it arrived......this morning.

Nuf said, but my wonderful husband did an excel spreadsheet for me last night (I was in the throes of panic and spiralling out of control) which showed all the "arrival" dates throughout 2015 and also 2016 thus far as I keep track of them on a calendar.

He calculated the cycle times and the standard deviation and showed me with maths that my cycle was in fact NORMAL.

My hubby is pretty much always right and he proved it again....I'm very lucky.  He is extremely patient and understanding.

What I have noticed is that the monthly pain I experience is different to the norm, and I seem to have bladder stuff thrown into the mix now.   This is what is causing my anxiety and making me believe that there is some underlying issue.

Fresh

JC , try reading the thread on Health Anxiety and Obsession with Symptoms here http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/5997-health-anxiety-hypochondria-and-obsession-with-symptoms/

It's part of the package - worrying about every little thing.

If you're going to get through this , you'll need to find a way to manage your anxiety , because you can be pretty sure you're going to continue to have new and disturbing sensations in different parts of your body as the process unfolds.

Junglechicken

Thank you Fresh :0)

Yes I agree with you, and its by far the most challenging part of this disturbing process.

Hope you're doing ok in Oz.

Junglechicken

Folks - on 25th March I'm considering dropping down to 1.5mg - I will have been holding at 2.5mg for the last 4 months (since 25th Nov 2015).

Do you think this is a wise idea or should I wait another couple of months??

Still dealing with 'weird' stuff, pains coming and going (the walk I did a couple of days ago set off some abdominal pain...or is it muscular??), I'm not really sure.  

We have organised our living arrangements for the next few months and I am keeping my fingers crossed re: hearing back from a company that a contact recommended me for.

Fresh

Err , is there a particular reason you're not going to follow the 10% decreases as recommended?

Dropping by almost 50% is foolish.

Junglechicken

No Fresh - just my inability to do maths these days, lol.

So what should my dosage be? A minuscule amount I can barely see?!

ChessieCat

A minuscule amount I can barely see?!  YEP!!! :P:)

Just as well you posted what you had planned :o

Hi JC,  my calculation for a 10% drop is 2.25 mg (2.50 - 0.25).  Good luck.  CC

AliG

J C . I can see that you're over this whole thing !!  I get it .  Hang in there , girl .

Junglechicken

Thanks guys, I appreciate the humour!

CC, your calc confirms what I got too - how the heck do I know if I have the right quantity?! Time to buy those high precision scales I guess.

I know that even at 2.5 I didn't achieve a consistent quantity. Using the pill cutter is in-accurate.

Fresh

Lol @ your maths.  Someone here can always help you work out the doses if you put it out there.

This might be a good time to transfer to liquid medication for precision dosing.  You can make a solution yourself from

tablets , or a chemist can make it for you.

See "Tips for Tapering off Lexapro"  here  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/406-tips-for-tapering-off-lexapro-escitalopram/?hl=escitalopram

Junglechicken

Lol @ your maths.  Someone here can always help you work out the doses if you put it out there.

This might be a good time to transfer to liquid medication for precision dosing.  You can make a solution yourself from

tablets , or a chemist can make it for you.

See "Tips for Tapering off Lexapro"  here  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/406-tips-for-tapering-off-lexapro-escitalopram/?hl=escitalopram

I think the liquid medication makes sense now with such minute dose reductions. Thanks for the link Fresh.

Currently struggling with pain in the lower abdominal area - not sure what the cause is.