SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Junglechicken

Frogie,

I'm miserable, my skin is on fire and keeps flaring up.

It's either emotional or "something else". I'm going to get the possible "something else" tested even though the blood work seemed fine.

Through is I'm petrified of this whole Candida thing.

Avoid ABs as much as you can.

TC,

JC xxx

I'm sorry to hear you are in so much pain.

The clay didn't help?

Get better soon. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Frogie,

Am trying to get to the bottom of it....more testing required to rule out parasites.  All of this originates in my gut, and as hubby and I travelled around India in 2010, its not impossible that I COULD have picked up something.

TC,

JC xxx

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

Frogie,

I'm miserable, my skin is on fire and keeps flaring up.

It's either emotional or "something else". I'm going to get the possible "something else" tested even though the blood work seemed fine.

Through is I'm petrified of this whole Candida thing.

Avoid ABs as much as you can.

TC,

JC xxx

I'm sorry to hear you are in so much pain.

The clay didn't help?

Get better soon. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Frogie,

Am trying to get to the bottom of it....more testing required to rule out parasites.  All of this originates in my gut, and as hubby and I travelled around India in 2010, its not impossible that I COULD have picked up something.

TC,

JC xxx

Hi JC:

I'm so sorry it's been going on so long.

Hopefully they can figure it all out.

I wish you luck. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Life REALLY sucks, or should I say itches right now......

Every morning I wake up and my face is falling off...literally.  Dry skin flaking off, itchy sore patches everywhere....its not only gross to look at but also extremely uncomfortable and distressing to live with, so I'm back to steroid creams during the iterim.

ND advised to hold off seeing a Dermatologist for the time being as they won't diagnose the root cause, only that its eczema/dermatitis etc.,  Will just prescribe steroids.

Nearing the end of the 14 Day Detox, 5 days left.  ND advised to stop the Detox if symptoms get too distressing.......she has also advised to stop anti-fungal for now (Grapefruit seed extract) and also magnesium citrate (for digestion) as both too harsh.  Have lost almost 8Ibs of weight whilst doing this, although weight loss isn't the main aim, eliminating toxins is.

Going to order the urine and stool analysis tests to determine parasitology and candida levels.

6 week Gut Cleanse is next up.......................

Miserable as hell, but got to try and be positive :(

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

Hi there I don't know if this will help but here in South Africa we have a tea called rooibos tea I'm not sure what they would call it there but it's very good . We give it to baby's even newborns when the are allergic to all other milks and it has fantastic healing properties for skin problems . Get the 2 tea bags and soak it in about a liter of boiling water leave it to cool right down and using a cotton wool ball rub the mix on your skin . This should help with itching and red skin. Drinking it is also very nice add fresh lemon and honey to taste . Let us know how it goes, rooibos tea might be called redbush tea but I'm not sure

Life REALLY sucks, or should I say itches right now......

Every morning I wake up and my face is falling off...literally.  Dry skin flaking off, itchy sore patches everywhere....its not only gross to look at but also extremely uncomfortable and distressing to live with, so I'm back to steroid creams during the iterim.

ND advised to hold off seeing a Dermatologist for the time being as they won't diagnose the root cause, only that its eczema/dermatitis etc.,  Will just prescribe steroids.

Nearing the end of the 14 Day Detox, 5 days left.  ND advised to stop the Detox if symptoms get too distressing.......she has also advised to stop anti-fungal for now (Grapefruit seed extract) and also magnesium citrate (for digestion) as both too harsh.  Have lost almost 8Ibs of weight whilst doing this, although weight loss isn't the main aim, eliminating toxins is.

Going to order the urine and stool analysis tests to determine parasitology and candida levels.

6 week Gut Cleanse is next up.......................

Miserable as hell, but got to try and be positive :(

Hi JC:

I'm so sorry you are going through this.

You must be in a lot of pain to go back to the steroid cream.

Did you know if you are on Lexapro, you aren't supposed to have anything to do with grapefruit. I just saw you were taking grapefruit seeds. Oh, how I miss grapefruit! I don't know if Cipralex is the same.

But we will all heal from on our ailments, and have a reunion :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

Hi JC:

I'm so sorry you are going through this.

You must be in a lot of pain to go back to the steroid cream.

Did you know if you are on Lexapro, you aren't supposed to have anything to do with grapefruit. I just saw you were taking grapefruit seeds. Oh, how I miss grapefruit! I don't know if Cipralex is the same.

But we will all heal from on our ailments, and have a reunion :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Frogie,

No, I didn't know that about grapefruit and Lexapro. I'm taking grapefruit seed extract which is an effective natural anti-fungal.

Have had to stop taking the grapefruit seed extract anyway as the die-off symptoms are too stressful on my body at this point......hence inflammation.

An SA reunion would be brilliant, imagine that! Will keep dreaming that one day we could all meet.

TC,

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

Hi there I don't know if this will help but here in South Africa we have a tea called rooibos tea I'm not sure what they would call it there but it's very good . We give it to baby's even newborns when the are allergic to all other milks and it has fantastic healing properties for skin problems . Get the 2 tea bags and soak it in about a liter of boiling water leave it to cool right down and using a cotton wool ball rub the mix on your skin . This should help with itching and red skin. Drinking it is also very nice add fresh lemon and honey to taste . Let us know how it goes, rooibos tea might be called redbush tea but I'm not sure

Hi DM,

Thank you :0)

Another natural remedy I didn't know about!

It was bad, my skin had become SO hyper-sensitive that even fridge chilled 100% natural aloe Vera extract, caused my skin to react badly. Nothing worked.

I'm having to resort to steroid use, just to stay sane and keep my face, lol!

TC,

JC

Major Life Events: 

Hi Frogie,

No, I didn't know that about grapefruit and Lexapro. I'm taking grapefruit seed extract which is an effective natural anti-fungal.

Have had to stop taking the grapefruit seed extract anyway as the die-off symptoms are too stressful on my body at this point......hence inflammation.

An SA reunion would be brilliant, imagine that! Will keep dreaming that one day we could all meet.

TC,

JC xxx

Hi JC:

Just be careful with grapefruit in anyway. You might ask a mod if it's ok.

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. Hopefully it will get better soon.

I'm still nauseous. I updosed 4 days ago, hasn't helped yet, but I was told to wait a week.

A reunion would be awesome!

Take care,

Frogie xx

Frogie,

All we can do is hang in there.

Today I have a right-sided headache accompanied by body aches and a niggling pain in the left hand lower abdominal area. Hopefully this is all to do with the detox. Also feel a little weak,

My "biohazard" test kit arrived this morning...I have to take errrr samples over a 3 day period - yup!

Scoop my poop for 3 days.....can't wait!

WISH I could have a drink or two beforehand, lol.

Uggghhhh!!

TC,

JC xx

Major Life Events: 

JC. Just touching base as it seems to be a " wait and see " process. Wishing you well with the experimentation. :)

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

JC. Just touching base as it seems to be a " wait and see " process. Wishing you well with the experimentation. :)

Thanks Ali, yes it is a case of "wait and see".

Not feeling great today...headache, body aches, and weakness.....hopefully to do with the detox. My skin has inevitably calmed using the steroid creams. Anyway, whatever's going on with my gut is causing an autoimmune response on my skin (eczema).

The detox finishes end of day Thursday. My weight hasn't changed for a few days (i.e gone down).

Major Life Events: 

Oh great!

Just what I needed....stonking headache and possible UTI.

Will have to say hi! to the doctor tomorrow and take a sample for testing.

If it's positive, that will delay the "biohazard" testing and ABs will likely screw up my newly detoxed body :0(

Major Life Events: 

Hi JC:

I'm sorry you are going through all of this.

I wish my nausea would go away.

What a pair we are lol...

Feel better :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi JC:

I'm sorry you are going through all of this.

I wish my nausea would go away.

What a pair we are lol...

Feel better :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Yes Frogie, we're "taking it in turns", lol.

Feeling like ****: lower back pain, chills, lower abdominal pain and pain when peeing.

And the stonking headache on the side.

TC,

JC xx

Major Life Events: 

Got news that my father's Parkinsonism has deteriorated further since February :0(

Major Life Events: 

I'm very sorry to hear about your father.

But you have UTI, antibiotics and probiotics for you...

Feel better soon. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

The usual result........urine dip test was negative, likely to be cystitis so have got to get cranberry sachets.

There was a med student asking loads of questions and the GP came in and asked more questions and I had a physical examination.

Main symptoms are lower abdominal pain and lower back pain.

Will have to monitor and hope it goes away.

Detox finishes tomorrow!

Major Life Events: 

So the eczema and rashes were kicked to the curb with the steroid cream, and in their place......lower abdominal pain and lower back pain and other body pains.

This all better be down to the detox....or I'm in trouble.

Major Life Events: 

So the eczema and rashes were kicked to the curb with the steroid cream, and in their place......lower abdominal pain and lower back pain and other body pains.

This all better be down to the detox....or I'm in trouble.

I'm hoping it heals for you JC.

I'm updosing because of my nausea. I feel like I'm starting over. :(

Take care,

Frogie xx

Some wise words from my hubby last night.

He reckons every time I go and get the dip test for suspected Cystitis/UTI.....its always negative.

Therefore, its very likely that I'm mistaking IBS symptoms for bladder/UTI symptoms.  The IBS always hits me in the same area of my body - lower abdomen every time I get stressed.  Also, the timing is spot on in that when the eczema stopped with steroid treatment; the lower abdominal pain started on cue.

This leads to unnecessary AB treatment....not that I always took them each time there was an "episode".

Hubby said, "you need to accept and just go with it rather than fight it".

Now, how many times have I heard that advice on SA?!

Major Life Events: 

Currently steady at a total of 8Ibs of weight loss, hopefully this will continue to drop as I move into the gut cleanse phase.

Major Life Events: 

Hi JC:

Do they check for bladder infections or just UTI?

I don't know what IBS feels like, but maybe that's what I have. Every time I get below 8, I am sick.

Apace41 is working with me, and said that some people that updose, when they taper, they don't have a problem again. I sure hope I am one of those.

I hope you feel better soon. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi JC:

Do they check for bladder infections or just UTI?

I don't know what IBS feels like, but maybe that's what I have. Every time I get below 8, I am sick.

Apace41 is working with me, and said that some people that updose, when they taper, they don't have a problem again. I sure hope I am one of those.

I hope you feel better soon. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Frogie,

After doing the urine "dip test" and taking your temperature, they can tell whether its a UTI or Cystitis by asking targeted questions and go on the symptoms that the patient says they have.

IBS is an "umbrella term" for a range of GI symptoms.....and it seems coincidental that the IBS I have feels like cystitis or a UTI but I never have bacteria or blood present.

You could well have IBS symptoms Frogie - a lot of us do who suffer from anxiety and depression taking these poisons.

I've got milder lower abdominal symptoms today, so I think my hubby is right.  It certainly hasn't got worse and I finished my detox today.  Detoxes can cause a range of unpleasant physical symptoms as the body clears itself of toxins.

I hope you feel better too, Andy (Apace41) is a "pro" at all things WD related, so you're in good hands there.

TC,

JC xx

Major Life Events: 

• Moderator Emeritus

I hope you feel better too, Andy (Apace41) is a "pro" at all things WD related, so you're in good hands there.

Thanks for the kind words, JC, but, to dispel any notions in that regard, if I was REALLY A PRO, I wouldn't feel like S**T so much of the time!

:angry:

Hope you start feeling better soon.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Thanks for the kind words, JC, but, to dispel any notions in that regard, if I was REALLY A PRO, I wouldn't feel like S**T so much of the time!

:angry:

Hope you start feeling better soon.

Best,

Andy

LOL, dose drops are going to make you feel like ****....the only reason I'm not feeling **** in that regard is because I haven't started my taper yet.

Doesn't change the fact that you are indeed knowledgeable on the WD front and about nutrition etc.,

Best,

JC 

Major Life Events: 

Living with bodily aches and pains as well as lower abdominal pain and also my hair is coming out in clumps :( 

Don't know if the above are linked to the detox or just stress-related. 

My weight hasn't dropped any further so have maintained an 8Ib weight loss due to the detox. 

Also picked up my glasses yesterday - amazing to be able to see things so clearly, lol.

Am all set with my new p-doc in case I need to see someone in future.

Major Life Events: 

Living with bodily aches and pains as well as lower abdominal pain and also my hair is coming out in clumps :(

Don't know if the above are linked to the detox or just stress-related. 

My weight hasn't dropped any further so have maintained an 8Ib weight loss due to the detox. 

Also picked up my glasses yesterday - amazing to be able to see things so clearly, lol.

Am all set with my new p-doc in case I need to see someone in future.

ND suggests stress as the cause.

Sounds about right to me.......this whole candida thing is depressing enough....can't eat anything other than a narrow range of foods.  The steroid cream is keeping my flare-ups at bay but I can't be bothered to slap sun screen all over my face as its bright white and YET MORE cream.  Opting to stay out of the sun.

Worried about my father who is deteriorating, my life still hasn't started....... as usual its just stalled as I try to get well.

Badly want a dog but can't have one because we are tenants etc., etc.,

Have had some heated discussions with hubby about putting roots down.......SO TIRED of being in limbo and WAITING for life to start.

Major Life Events: 

Weight is continuing to drop which is good, this is the 3rd week of the Detox phase.

I have experienced some really bad chocolate/junk food cravings and smelling either makes me crazy.

At the end of the week I take my "biological" samples for 3 days in a row, and THEN the 6 week Gut cleanse starts.

This is HARD work for sure.

Major Life Events: 

Skin flaring up AGAIN.

Don't know what the trigger(s) are, diet the same.

Symptoms are: burning, itchy rash on face, neck, shoulders, chest, arms and hands (histamine reaction).

Thinking it COULD be a "Niacin (Vit B3) flush" again.  Going to drink lots of water.

Am taking 100mg/day Niacin (Vit B3) now to support my immune system and adrenals BUT am taking x3/day of this "AdrenoMax" which could be too much.  Its effectively a multi-vit with other goodies (herbs) to support the adrenal glands.

Think I will have to go back to taking x1 / day.

Feel like a dumb ass TBH.

Major Life Events: 

Skin flaring up AGAIN.

Don't know what the trigger(s) are, diet the same.

Symptoms are: burning, itchy rash on face, neck, shoulders, chest, arms and hands (histamine reaction).

Thinking it COULD be a "Niacin (Vit B3) flush" again.  Going to drink lots of water.

Am taking 100mg/day Niacin (Vit B3) now to support my immune system and adrenals BUT am taking x3/day of this "AdrenoMax" which could be too much.  Its effectively a multi-vit with other goodies (herbs) to support the adrenal glands.

Think I will have to go back to taking x1 / day.

Feel like a dumb ass TBH.

Reacted AGAIN to the "AdrenoMax", and that was just ONE pill.

ND says I'm ultra-sensitive (no ****!) and as I'm seeing her tomorrow, we will discuss way forward as I'm going to be doing the biological sampling (starting on Sunday) and then the 6 week gut cleanse.

SO fed up with all this.

Major Life Events: 

Just heard from my medical centre......

Am booked on 25th May to have the Xanthalasma frozen and removed from my face, and the mole on my torso.

Slowly but surely................

Major Life Events: 

No Niacin flush burn this morning.........thank God!

Didn't take the supplement, and it would seem that the body doesn't excrete excess Vit B3 like it would Vit C.

Off for a 2.5 hr walk and then seeing the ND this afternoon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of this special diet business: tests, food, ND, Homeopaths, supplements.......are getting very pricey.....so for the record, I am having to sell things I bought when I was a working gal to fund the cost of all this.

Its just too expensive not to.

Major Life Events: 

OK, so I saw the ND yesterday.

She said that my CNS was so sensitive, that some of the supplements that I was taking were just too much for it, and it was reacting with autoimmune response - rashes and eczema.  The skin was so sensitised that coconut oil, bentonite clay, aloe vera were also too much for it causing it to react further.

Another important point she made was that though unpleasant, its better that the toxins are all coming out onto the skin rather than other internal organs......

She has advised only using filtered water on it as well as my emollient.

The move back to the UK last year set the bomb off in my body....hence the Candida overgrowth and chronic illness that followed with that.

I have stopped taking the "AdrenoMax" as just too strong at the moment.

Have stopped seeing Homeopathy person as too expensive and wasn't really helping, I think my ND communicates better and provides comprehensive reports after each consultation.

She has said how important it is that I resume mindfulness meditation and CBT, and to be able to look at myself in the mirror because of how I feel about myself (obviously ****).  Exercising VERY important too.  MUST STOP TRYING TO FIGHT this and achieve ACCEPTANCE.

All of my body stats/measurements have reduced except for muscle mass (which is really good).

Got to keep this up.

Major Life Events: 

Another little rash on my face this morning, not sure what the trigger was.

Maybe my body is just continuing to dump released toxins onto my skin.

This is a really hellish period of my life.

All I can do is meditate and practice CBT to get through it.

Major Life Events: 

• Mentor

so sorry you are going thru this JC.
I think your doc is right about the toxins coming out in your skin.

when I first started WD my scalp broke out, then my back etc

in time it cleared up, but eating better and getting out to get some fresh air seems to have helped

I hope your meditations help you thru this.

I do them almost every day, it's not always easy. I go to a class and the leader says it takes practice.
So we plug away and practice every day, right?

hang in there, it will get better

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • Dec 2023 Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 

so sorry you are going thru this JC.

I think your doc is right about the toxins coming out in your skin.

when I first started WD my scalp broke out, then my back etc

in time it cleared up, but eating better and getting out to get some fresh air seems to have helped

I hope your meditations help you thru this.

I do them almost every day, it's not always easy. I go to a class and the leader says it takes practice.

So we plug away and practice every day, right?

hang in there, it will get better

Thanks Cat for stopping by (sympathy appreciated, lol),

Its not just toxins pouring out onto the skin, but apparently I am holding emotional issues which cause the rashes to appear all over my face, and upper body.

Its how I feel about myself, and my "lens" on the world.

TC,

JC

Major Life Events: