Junglechicken

• Moderator Emeritus
15 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

I'm going to go for a long walk shortly to get rid of excess cortisol/adrenaline, its as though my body in on a tight fuse which could go at any minute.

Ya, the throat symptoms were causing BIG anxiety, and now that I've got a break from that hell, I'm left with the residual nonsense my CNS has created.

This is all spot on, JC, and a good approach.  Try to do some deep breathing as you walk and try to be really "present" as you go along.  Get out of your head for a while.

On a tangent, are you getting proper sleep these days?

Thank you for asking, JC.  Define "proper" -- LOL.  I am doing better than when I was in the "shut out" phase and going a couple of days at a time without sleep.  It could certainly stand to be better and the increase in cortisol at bedtime is, at the very least, "off-putting."  Of course, the fact that we just got a new Yorkie puppy to go along with our 7 year old is contributing to the nighttime issues, and we have no one to blame but ourselves for that bit of sheer brilliance.

Stella.jpg

But she's worth it.

Best,

Andy

Edited by apace41

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Aww bless!  Totally agree, I would definitely think it worth losing sleep for that little pup :)  thanks for the photo!

I'm holding out for the day that hubby and I get our four-legged friend.....

All I can say is, I STILL don't know how you hold down a top job on very little sleep.......I would be a complete wreck.

Best,

JC

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

2 hours ago, apace41 said:

This is all spot on, JC, and a good approach.  Try to do some deep breathing as you walk and try to be really "present" as you go along.  Get out of your head for a while.

Thank you for asking, JC.  Define "proper" -- LOL.  I am doing better than when I was in the "shut out" phase and going a couple of days at a time without sleep.  It could certainly stand to be better and the increase in cortisol at bedtime is, at the very least, "off-putting."  Of course, the fact that we just got a new Yorkie puppy to go along with our 7 year old is contributing to the nighttime issues, and we have no one to blame but ourselves for that bit of sheer brilliance.

Stella.jpg

But she's worth it.

Best,

Andy

How precious! I tried to put a picture of Brownie on here but it says the file was too big.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PS sorry JC for taking over your thread. Just wanted to say how cute the baby was.

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Hi jc

well it’s good you are seeing the doctor and can then  have any tests to hopefully allay your fears that it is just w/d causing the health issues and nothing else to worry about 

my son in law has ulcerative colitis which is horrible and has been having a bad flare so investigating further. 

Hugs

2006 After sudden death of mother put on 20mg of citaloprom for depression. 

2014 Drug stopped working after two weeks of panic attacks felt fine. 

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

Last two weeks severe anxiety returned and feeling hopeless 

11July 2017. Cipralex 2mg. Anxiety, nausea still severe

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

1 hour ago, Frogie said:

How precious! I tried to put a picture of Brownie on here but it says the file was too big.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PS sorry JC for taking over your thread. Just wanted to say how cute the baby was.

Don't worry Frogie, I'm jealous!! super cute doggie specimen if ever there was one, lol!!!

TC,

JC xxx

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

17 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hi jc

well it’s good you are seeing the doctor and can then  have any tests to hopefully allay your fears that it is just w/d causing the health issues and nothing else to worry about 

my son in law has ulcerative colitis which is horrible and has been having a bad flare so investigating further. 

Hugs

Hi Scorpio,

Your poor SIL, its an inflammatory bowel disease from what I understand.  I hope it all turns out ok for him.

Yup, gotta do the whole investigation thing and as you say, allay health fears (like we all seem to have to do on this forum - groan!).

How are your WD symptoms these days?

Hugs

Major Life Events: 

Heck folks,

I get back from a 10k walk with a pounding heart??

After that, I would have thought my heart would have calmed down??

Major Life Events: 

8 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

Don't worry Frogie, I'm jealous!! super cute doggie specimen if ever there was one, lol!!!

TC,

JC xxx

Thanks...

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

Heck folks,

I get back from a 10k walk with a pounding heart??

After that, I would have thought my heart would have calmed down??

Yikes 10k is a great distance to walk ,nice calm breathing ,it should settle down soon  JC .

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi jc

yes my sil has had a lot of pain and discomfort for quite a while now it’s trying to find a medication that can actually help but he is fast running out of options so a bag is the next option.

i have been virus free/tooth pain free for a couple of weeks now and Saturday was the first day since last July when I felt almost normal. Amazing feeling. Unfortunately gone backwards since then but still upright and out and about which is also pretty good. If only the anxiety would go I could cope with all the other symptoms. 

Hugs

2006 After sudden death of mother put on 20mg of citaloprom for depression. 

2014 Drug stopped working after two weeks of panic attacks felt fine. 

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

Last two weeks severe anxiety returned and feeling hopeless 

11July 2017. Cipralex 2mg. Anxiety, nausea still severe

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

2 hours ago, powerback said:

Yikes 10k is a great distance to walk ,nice calm breathing ,it should settle down soon  JC .

Dont know what's up PB, other than stopping taking the PPI meds have made my CNS hyper alert??

Walking a long way didn't help at all :0(

Major Life Events: 

1 hour ago, Scorpio said:

Hi jc

yes my sil has had a lot of pain and discomfort for quite a while now it’s trying to find a medication that can actually help but he is fast running out of options so a bag is the next option.

i have been virus free/tooth pain free for a couple of weeks now and Saturday was the first day since last July when I felt almost normal. Amazing feeling. Unfortunately gone backwards since then but still upright and out and about which is also pretty good. If only the anxiety would go I could cope with all the other symptoms. 

Hugs

Very sorry re: your SIL Scorpio.  Am sure he has already tried the alternative medicine route.

Am glad you got a window, and you're not alone suffering from the dreaded anxiety.

Hugs

Major Life Events: 

OK, I'm STILL buzzing.........haven't managed to discharge the cortisol or adrenaline despite walking for 2hrs.

Have pounding heart, anxiety, dizziness, shaky hands - the usual horrible WD crap?

The only good thing is that the GERD has been better with no throat pain.

Would like to be shot with a tranquiliser dart.

Major Life Events: 

Not sleeping well these days :mellow:

Still had cortisol/adrenaline coursing through my veins last night and am shattered today.

The GERD has still subsided (Thank you God!).

Another long walk today back home after my therapy session.

Even being in a cocoon doesn't get us away from this suffering.

Major Life Events: 

GERD has still subsided :)

Saw a different GP this morning, and I DON'T have to have an endoscopy, as the pain subsided 3 days ago.

I described my symptoms to her, and she was mainly concerned with regurgitation of food and if after a month the symptoms HADN'T died down.

She reckoned it WAS stress/anxiety related due to the throat pain, and I told her I ate too much chocolate....my diet hadn't been great the last couple of months.  She said to take a break from comfort eating and try to cut out the bad stuff.

I'm still having bloodwork tomorrow, although she didn't think it was necessary as all previous bloodwork came back "NORMAL".

Grateful I've had a GOOD day folks.

Major Life Events: 

Such good news, JC!

Dalalea's Introduction

Off All SSRI Medications: Effexor 2010 one month
Sertraline 50 mg. but only took 25 mg. daily because of dizziness. 2010 to July 2017

Tapered over 2 months beginning the 1st of June 2017 -- Off Sertraline by July 30, 2017

Current Medication: Losartan (blood pressure), Albuterol (for asthma- only as needed)
Current Symptoms: tinnitus, hearing loss in one ear, allergies

My Plan: Prayer, Scripture, Walk, Yoga, Encourage Others, Healthy Eating
Generic SSRI Withdrawal Symptom and Plan Checklists and Graph.xlsx

Current Supplements: Magnesium Threonate, Fish Oil, probiotic, B-12, C, D-3

Current Essential Oils: Frankincense, Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint, Clove
Current Essential Oil Blends: Brain Power, Clarity, Stress Away

1 hour ago, Dalalea said:

Such good news, JC!

Thank you Dalalea :)

Your support during the bad/tough times is much appreciated.  Its always great to get good news.

You know what, I have to re-learn how to SMILE, my face hasn't truly done it for years.  I can hear the distant sound of peeling church bells, and am not sure where they're coming from, I'm guessing our village, but didn't realise the sound carried so far!!

Have been following yours and Frogie's message exchange.  You came along at the right time to be her "guide".

Hope you're doing ok yourself?

Major Life Events: 

3 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

You know what, I have to re-learn how to SMILE, my face hasn't truly done it for years.  I can hear the distant sound of peeling church bells, and am not sure where they're coming from, I'm guessing our village, but didn't realise the sound carried so far!!

Hi JC! This sounds like hope to me! I'm smiling back! :)

Thanks for the encouragement! I think the exchange with Frogie is as much for me as it is for her! It's so hard to see so many people stuck in this situation and feeling hopeless! I've felt the same way many times during the last six months. As an introvert, it causes me to shift my focus totally on myself, which exacerbates all of my problems! Part of my recovery plan is to focus outwardly. I think it's helping me cope.

I am having major tinnitus and eustachian tube problems. Other than my ears, I'm feeling better again. At least, better as far as this WD normal goes!

Have a wonderful day and share what makes you smile with the rest of us!

Dalalea

Dalalea's Introduction

Sertraline 50 mg. but only took 25 mg. daily because of dizziness. 2010 to July 2017

Tapered over 2 months beginning the 1st of June 2017 -- Off Sertraline by July 30, 2017

Current Medication: Losartan (blood pressure), Albuterol (for asthma- only as needed)

Current Essential Oils: Frankincense, Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint, Clove

2 minutes ago, Dalalea said:

Hi JC! This sounds like hope to me! I'm smiling back! :)

Thanks for the encouragement! I think the exchange with Frogie is as much for me as it is for her! It's so hard to see so many people stuck in this situation and feeling hopeless! I've felt the same way many times during the last six months. As an introvert, it causes me to shift my focus totally on myself, which exacerbates all of my problems! Part of my recovery plan is to focus outwardly. I think it's helping me cope.

I am having major tinnitus and eustachian tube problems. Other than my ears, I'm feeling better again. At least, better as far as this WD normal goes!

Have a wonderful day and share what makes you smile with the rest of us!

Dalalea

I'm an introvert too, at least I've become more introverted over the years?

Hearing the sound of peeling church bells made me smile.....its so lovely here.  I've walked 40k in 4 days....its a really beautiful area and I feel very fortunate to live here.

Am always grateful for positive news/exchanges with doctors.

So much of this stuff is "in my head", and so we fabricate our certain death from this, that, the other illness.

Your tinnitus must be really bad because of the inner ear issues.  That would drive me nuts too.  I hope your doctor can help alleviate the noise level?

Have a wonderful day too Dalalea,

JC xx

Major Life Events: 

One more thing that I just thought of concerning smiling:

When I was teaching, there were many things that could stress me out. If I had a student that liked to "push my buttons," I found I had two paths to choose from. The first was uncomfortable but easy to fall into.

-The more stern I got during the situation to force a change in behavior, the more anxiety and stress I felt inside, and the situation usually escalated anyway. My tension was quickly passed on to the student, also.

-If I slowed down my movements for a moment and smiled, I felt an immediate release of tension and it was replaced by a feeling of being in control. (It also confused the student a little and defused the problem!) I solved a lot of problems that way and received quite a few smiles back!

It took practice but it worked almost every time!

I think smiling tricks our brain. Sometimes it's really hard to do but it works!

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/cutting-edge-leadership/201206/there-s-magic-in-your-smile

Let's experiment with this for a few days!

Dalalea xx

Dalalea's Introduction

So much of this stuff is "in my head", and so we fabricate our certain death from this, that, the other illness.

Yes! I understand what you mean. I've been a worrier my whole life. I'm so tired of it!

I have an appointment to see my ENT in May. I'm on the waiting list so maybe it will be sooner.

We will heal!

Dalalea

Dalalea's Introduction

Had bloodwork done this morning for:

Thyroid

Full Bloodcount

FSH

Doctor didn't think above were necessary at all, so there you go...

Major Life Events: 

18 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

Had bloodwork done this morning for:

Thyroid

Full Bloodcount

FSH

JC:

The dr may not think this was necessary, but it put you at ease.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Just now, Frogie said:

JC:

The dr may not think this was necessary, but it put you at ease.

Take care,

Frogie xx

I know Frogie, its always the way isn't it?

How are you feeling today?

TC,

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

4 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

I know Frogie, its always the way isn't it?

How are you feeling today?

TC,

JC xxx

JC:

It is with us and our HA.

I am still angry at the world for some reason. I'm a nice person, even to people that are cruel to me so I don't know what's going on.

But one good thing. Since I started the thyroid medication, I have not had one bit of nausea. It may be all in my head or it could be my thyroid. Who knows but makes me happy.

Take care,

Frogie xx

3 hours ago, Frogie said:

But one good thing. Since I started the thyroid medication, I have not had one bit of nausea.

That's good, Frogie! The world is always easier to face when you aren't nauseated!

Dalalea's Introduction

3 hours ago, Junglechicken said:

It takes most doctors so long to realize that they can't feel what we feel. We know our bodies better than they ever could!

Praying for good and helpful results from those tests!

Dalalea's Introduction

3 minutes ago, Dalalea said:

It takes most doctors so long to realize that they can't feel what we feel. We know our bodies better than they ever could!

Praying for good and helpful results from those tests!

Thanks Dalalea :)

Should get the results mid-next week.

She would not test cortisol levels, because I don't have high blood pressure, its always been normal.

Major Life Events: 

This is a note to self, for issues with my throat - the  "throat chakra".

Someone else mentioned this on the throat tightness symptoms and self care area of the forum.

In my case, since my father died, and left with my mother (who NEVER lets me speak, and STILL NEVER lets me speak as what I had to say was never of importance to her); I've had issues with my upper digestive tract, i.e GERD.  I think the extract below, taken from the following website, explains a lot of physical issues which are derived from the emotional problems we all face in our lives at one point or another:

http://www.inner-truth.net/healing/chakras/throatchakra.html

Throat Chakra

Name: Throat Chakra
Colour: Blue

The Throat Chakra is associated with your Self Expression and Communication.

When it is in balance, you are able to listen and communicate well. When you are having trouble expressing yourself, or having trouble with communication (being unable to say what you want to say to others and/or not truly listening to what you are being told) the throat chakra becomes imbalanced.

An imbalance will first resonate as a tingle, ache or sensitivity in the throat region. (Stemming from the base of the neck to the ears).

Aches and Pains

Even small tingles and aches can be a sign that something needs to be addressed. As soon as the emotional issue has been resolved, the ache WILL clear up or simply completely vanish.

Can manifest quickly as an unexpected cough, or manifest as feeling like a lump is in your throat (feeling choked up) and/or trouble when swallowing.

Aches, tingles and pain located around the Throat, Mouth and Neck. Including toothache, sore tongue, sensitive gums, tonsils, sore throats and tickly coughs.

Physical/ Medical issues

Sore throats, loss of voice, coughs, mouth ulcers and ear infections.

If the issue is left unattended to, may lead on to more serious issues such as.

• Thyroid problems - over active/ under-active;
  • Anorexia nervosa
  • asthma
  • bronchitis
  • hearing problems, tinnitus
  • problems of the upper digestive tract,
  • mouth ulcers, sore throats, tonsillitis.

Emotional Issues

When in balance the throat chakra offers us; faithfulness, an ability to express yourself and your ideas, good communication skills, will power and honesty.

Imbalances are caused by being unfaithful (to either yourself or to others), A feeling of not being heard, or not being able to express your ideas/who you are. Feeling afraid to talk about things, lack of honesty (to yourself and/or others), Lack of willpower and lying.

It only takes one of these emotional conditions to form an imbalance, the intensity of which will be in direct relation. As you become more aware of yourself and the link between your emotional and physical aspects of you, your body responds more quickly to even the slightest emotional imbalance.

Relative Questions

If you an imbalance in your throat chakra. Look at the following questions honestly to help seek balance.
It is useful to answer all the questions initially with YES / NO / MAYBE and then go back and work through all the YES answers and the MAYBE answers.

Those you answer YES to; you can try to find a way to resolve the issue. When the issue is resolved, your ache or illness WILL subside.

Are you keeping things to yourself?

Are you afraid/worried about speaking out?

Do you feel your opinions can not be voiced?

Do you feel that you are not being true to yourself?

Are you afraid of the truth?

Are you afraid of speaking the truth?

Do you have something to say, but not sure how to say it?

Are you having trouble doing something you want to do?

Re-balancing

Individual rebalancing will depend entirely on the specific issue. But especially with the throat chakra, it is especially good to write things down.

Please note that an imbalance is not only caused by a weakened chakra. The aim is to have all chakras in complete balance with each other. If six are weak and one is strong it could mean you are OVER confident, OVER trusting, OVER creative etc.. thus re-balancing must either involve increasing the size of all the other chakras or reducing the influence of the strong chakra.

Self Expression is paramount and if you have answered the relative questions above; you will likely have an idea as to what needs resolving.

The following articles may be useful reading in accordance with throat chakra issues

Colour Therapy

Blue is the colour associated to the Sacral Chakra.

Crystal Therapy.

Crystals which can be used in association with the Throat Chakra are;

• Lapis Lazuli
  • Blue Quartz
  • Turquoise
  • Lazulite

Aromatherapy

Oils and Incense which can be used, associated with the throat chakra are

• Frankincense
  • Camomile
  • Sandalwood.

Nutrition

Water, Lemons & Limes (and some other Citrus Fruits), Apples and Peaches can help you to cleanse, clear and open up your throat chakra.

Major Life Events: 

Wow! I never knew that!

Dalalea's Introduction

11 minutes ago, Dalalea said:

Wow! I never knew that!

An "ah-ha" moment?

Major Life Events: 

1 minute ago, Junglechicken said:

An "ah-ha" moment?

It's amazing how our bodies are made! Everything has a connection and dealing with old wounds can be very healing!

A few years ago, I found out I had abandonment issues. It was so hard for me to believe because I had had such a wonderful childhood. It stemmed from something traumatic that had happened to my cousins when I was a little girl. It caused quite a bit of trouble for me until I went through something called "spiritual direction" and the pattern of holding on to all the things that felt like abandonment was pointed out to me. Now I easily recognize it and don't let it hang around.

My best friend has severe Rheumatoid Arthritis. She went through some counseling because of her high ACES score; required by her insurance company! They said that childhood trauma causes all kinds of physical problems. My ACES score is very low but I was with my cousins the summer they suffered a real abandonment and must have internalized it as my own experience.

I'm a retired teacher with an interest in the brain so it's all very interesting to me!

Thanks for sharing!

Dalalea

Dalalea's Introduction

1 minute ago, Dalalea said:

It's amazing how our bodies are made! Everything has a connection and dealing with old wounds can be very healing!

A few years ago, I found out I had abandonment issues. It was so hard for me to believe because I had had such a wonderful childhood. It stemmed from something traumatic that had happened to my cousins when I was a little girl. It caused quite a bit of trouble for me until I went through something called "spiritual direction" and the pattern of holding on to all the things that felt like abandonment was pointed out to me. Now I easily recognize it and don't let it hang around.

My best friend has severe Rheumatoid Arthritis. She went through some counseling because of her high ACES score; required by her insurance company! They said that childhood trauma causes all kinds of physical problems. My ACES score is very low but I was with my cousins the summer they suffered a real abandonment and must have internalized it as my own experience.

I'm a retired teacher with an interest in the brain so it's all very interesting to me!

Thanks for sharing!

Dalalea

As I keep being "told" by my body....our bodies just manifest what is going on in our minds / subconscious.

The hard part is re-wiring our thought patterns so that we don't repeat destructive thinking (in my case anyway).

If I had mastered this, I could have saved myself a boat load of money and unnecessary trips to the doctor!!

Major Life Events: 

3 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

If I had mastered this, I could have saved myself a boat load of money and unnecessary trips to the doctor!!

Of course you would have, but we never know these things beforehand! We can't blame ourselves for things we didn't know. Forgive yourself and move on to healing. (talking to myself here, also ;))

We are stronger and smarter for all of our experience and struggles, unless we just give up and refuse to learn. That isn't us!

Dalalea

Dalalea's Introduction

2 minutes ago, Dalalea said:

Of course you would have, but we never know these things beforehand! We can't blame ourselves for things we didn't know. Forgive yourself and move on to healing. (talking to myself here, also ;))

We are stronger and smarter for all of our experience and struggles, unless we just give up and refuse to learn. That isn't us!

Dalalea

A prize to anyone who can get me to do CBT, lol!

Major Life Events: 

Bladder has been playing up the last couple of days :blink:

Crazy face, because it drives me nuts.

Must be WD.

Major Life Events: