Altostrata

Free online Cognitive Behavior Therapy lessons

Altostrata   
Altostrata

Some people find CBT very effective in managing troublesome thinking. If you would like to explore CBT, registration on this site is free: http://llttf.com/.

From the site:

"Cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) is an evidence-based and structured form of psychotherapy that aims to alter the unhelpful thinking (cognitions) and behaviour that commonly occur during times of distress. The model is fully compatible with the use of medication if this is indicated. The National Institute for Clinical Excellence provides an overview of the evidence supporting the effectiveness of CBT."

Also see this summary about CBT from the Royal College of Psychiatrists.

This site has been recommended by SA member kyla88.

Shanti   
Shanti

This is an interactive program online called MoodGYM.

I haven't tried it yet, but it looks very cool. Here is a description from the website:

What is MoodGYM?

MoodGYM is an innovative, interactive web program designed to prevent depression. It consists of five modules, an interactive game, anxiety and depression assessments, downloadable relaxation audio, a workbook and feedback assessment.

Using flashed diagrams and online exercises, MoodGYM teaches the principles of cognitive behaviour therapy – a proven treatment for depression. It also demonstrates the relationship between thoughts and emotions, and works through dealing with stress and relationship break-ups, as well as teaching relaxation and meditation techniques.

crazykatie   
crazykatie

I just came across a website www.mytherapycouch.com. It is a support forum for those struggling with depression, PTSD, anxiety, etc. This board is great for support on individual issues that can experienced after coming off the drugs and finally experiencing the emotions that have been buried so long. There is a doctor that you can speak with. I have found it helpful for my PTSD from my childhood traumas. 

Does anyone know of any books that can help you recover from PTSD? 

Mods if this is out of place or inappropriate, I am genuinely sorry. I do not mean to step on toes. 

Petunia   
Petunia

This is an interactive program online called MoodGYM.

I haven't tried it yet, but it looks very cool. Here is a description from the website:

What is MoodGYM?

MoodGYM is an innovative, interactive web program designed to prevent depression. It consists of five modules, an interactive game, anxiety and depression assessments, downloadable relaxation audio, a workbook and feedback assessment.

Using flashed diagrams and online exercises, MoodGYM teaches the principles of cognitive behaviour therapy – a proven treatment for depression. It also demonstrates the relationship between thoughts and emotions, and works through dealing with stress and relationship break-ups, as well as teaching relaxation and meditation techniques.

I just made an account at the above site and started some of the exercises, it looks good. Its free and you don't even have to give them your email address.

Snake   
Snake

Thanks for all incredible advices.

apathetic   
apathetic

i found online one long and detailed CBT book, if you guys are functional enough to read, because often i'm not.
the name sounds offensive and of course doesn't mean that we are dummies.. but the book in general is good and as i said, detailed.

here is a PDF format: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy For Dummies

there are a lot of books who have in their name "for dummies", for example "depression for dummies" and similar and i think that those books are good, i'm using one of them for my struggles.

archonome   
archonome

thanks apathic! i appreciate the share