SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ Rockingchaircat: recovery from psychotropic drugs that were prescribed willy nilly.

Rockingchaircat

Day 543

While relaxing to take in the meditation last night- I had a myoclonic jerk. A BIG one. Just one, but it made my entire body spasm and for that moment I couldn't breathe. If it had gone on any longer I'd have called it a convulsion. I gasped. And falling asleep last night- it occurred several times- just as I was falling asleep complete with the gasping. Thus I'm not overly well rested today. I lay awake for a bit with the urge for a restless leg, a very mild one, and it lasted for only a few minutes- but still.

And cloudy urine this morning. I ate a couple of my wife's left over onion rings from her fast food meal. I've not eaten from that place in many moons. It could be connected.

Today I feel off, particularly since I've been laboring out in the freezing cold.

And I see in the news- The Republican controlled Senate voted to repeal Obamacare. And I've been seeing reactions to this news on the feeds- no few folks scared as all get down. Including the very Republicans who voted for Trump but doing so with the understanding (to themselves) that he wouldn't repeal it. I cannot engage in Schadenfreude- because all too many folks I know of are in the same boat of fear. If Trump signs off on it, then I simply cannot treat Republicans decently anymore, and anyone else who is a Pro-Trump "Christian".

I will not be a monster- but neither will I treat the Pro-Trump crowd with anything resembling respect.  They couldn't be bothered to extend decency to others, they have no right to demand it.

1)Zoloft- 6/99 to 8/04 2)Escitalopram- 8/04 to 8/10 3)Citalopram 8/10 to 4/14 (C/T), 4)Paxil a week or so, 5)Wellbutrin a week or so, 6)Reinstated Citalopram- 9/14 to 7/15

Before Taper- Celexa/20 mg....Taper Start- 04/21/15- 15mg....05/26/15- 10 mg...06/22/15- 5 mg...07/18/15- 0mg. http://tinyurl.com/qjfoqe9 Ativan/Lorazepam use/taper 10/14 to 2/15- http://tinyurl.com/ljebp84

Baclofen- Intermittent use of from 2008 till 2014. Some use of Promethazine. Some use of Zofran. Clobetasol Propionate- for Lichen Planus. Some Flexeril use. 

Ativan- GABA,A receptor Agonist., Baclofen- GABA,B receptor Agonist., Celexa/Lexapro- Serotonin 5-HT1A Receptor Agonist., Zofran- Serotonin 5-HT3 Receptor Agonist..Promethazine- Histamine H1-Receptor Antagonist. Flexeril- Serotonin 5HT2a Antagonist.

My self imposed Amino Acid Therapy: Tyrosine 500mg 1xday, Theanine 200 mg 1xday, & Taurine 500 mg 2x day. (All neurotransitter pre-cursors)- seems to have helped me immensely. And of course- eating healthy, including Black Beans for the oligosaccharides for gut health.

The attempt to develop a sense of humor and to see things in a humorous light is some kind of trick learned while mastering the Art of Living. - Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning.

Hi RC. A benzo buddy, Chinookwind, wanted to know if anyone heard from you. He wanted to say "Hello." I told him I'd pass it on.

Marie

10/13--10/14 Ambien. Started tapering 1/14  Jumped 10/14.  Done.                                                                              

3/14        7.5 Remeron  still taking this.                              

2/14         75 Trazodone   -    Tapered by dry cutting all the way down.

1/16        4 mg Trazodone  -  Jumped. Bad mistake. Got hit with late withdrawal 6 weeks later. Reinstated.

4/16        Reinstated 1 mg, updose to 2 mg Trazodone

2/19        .04 Trazodone. Walked off.  Done.

10/3/19  Started 7.5 Mirtazapine taper cut to .073 gram weight, pill weighs .076

4/5/20    New Mirtazapine Taper - Compound Liquid 7.35 mg April '20, 7.25 mg May, 7.05 mg June, 6.99 mg June, 6.78 mg July, 6.57 mg Aug, Sept 6.35 mg, Sept 6.24 mg, Sept 6.21 mg, Oct 5.99 mg, Oct 5.90 mg, Oct 5.70 mg.

1/11/21 6.05 mg Messed up taper due to syringe change. Must remember the 1 ml syringe contains 1.5mg! 1/16/21 5.99 mg

2/21 5.75 mg, 3/21 5.6 mg, 4/7 5.45, 4/14 5.30, 5/12 5.15, 5/25/21 4.99 mg, 6/29 4.87 mg, 7/14/21 4.74 mg, 8/5 4.62 mg 8/17 4.5 mg, 8/30 4.38 mg,9/16 4.26 mg,10/9 4.14 mg, 10/23 4.05 mg, 11/6 3.96 mg,11/17 3.87mg.***Jan 22 Liquid was changed/couldn't tolerate***Changed back to pills. Feb 22/3.9 mg, 2/17/22 3.8 mg, 3/23 3.7 mg, 4/7 3.6 mg, 5/10 3.5mg,6/10/22 3.4 mg, 7/4 3.3 mg, 7/25 3.2 mg, 8/20/22 3.1 mg, 9/15 3 mg, 10/8/22 2.9 mg., 12/15 2.8 mg, 1/6/23 2.7 mg, 2/16/23 2.6 mg, 3/9 2.5 mg, 4/4 2.4 mg, 4/29/23 2.3 mg, 5/26 2.2 mg, 6/22/23 2.1 mg, 10/14 2 mg, 11/12 1.9 mg, 11/28 1.8 mg , 12/14/23 1.7, 12/31/23 1.6 mg, 1/20 1.5 mg, 2/6/24 1.4 mg, 2/12 updose 1.5 mg. Taking multi-vitamin, vit. D, cholestoff, psyllium husk, and fish oil.

Hi RC. A benzo buddy, Chinookwind, wanted to know if anyone heard from you. He wanted to say "Hello." I told him I'd pass it on.

Marie

Thanks. I'll have to give him a wave sometime on BB.

Day 544

Last night- I managed to sleep 6 hours, and came the closest I did in a dog's age feeling refreshed. I got up for a trip to the loo, but only out of habit.  Alas, I KNOW that tonight will not be the same and as such my weekend will not be so enjoyable. C'est la vie.

I've been slowly increasing my regular/decaf coffee ratio and maybe just maybe it's being a good thing. Once I've stabilized on a regular full coffee, I think I'll start working on getting chocolate back into the mix. Dark of course. Once I'm good with that- it'll be adjustment to milk chocolate. This is a stepping stone to seeing if I can handle dairy again eventually.

1)Zoloft- 6/99 to 8/04 2)Escitalopram- 8/04 to 8/10 3)Citalopram 8/10 to 4/14 (C/T), 4)Paxil a week or so, 5)Wellbutrin a week or so, 6)Reinstated Citalopram- 9/14 to 7/15

Before Taper- Celexa/20 mg....Taper Start- 04/21/15- 15mg....05/26/15- 10 mg...06/22/15- 5 mg...07/18/15- 0mg. http://tinyurl.com/qjfoqe9 Ativan/Lorazepam use/taper 10/14 to 2/15- http://tinyurl.com/ljebp84

Baclofen- Intermittent use of from 2008 till 2014. Some use of Promethazine. Some use of Zofran. Clobetasol Propionate- for Lichen Planus. Some Flexeril use. 

Ativan- GABA,A receptor Agonist., Baclofen- GABA,B receptor Agonist., Celexa/Lexapro- Serotonin 5-HT1A Receptor Agonist., Zofran- Serotonin 5-HT3 Receptor Agonist..Promethazine- Histamine H1-Receptor Antagonist. Flexeril- Serotonin 5HT2a Antagonist.

My self imposed Amino Acid Therapy: Tyrosine 500mg 1xday, Theanine 200 mg 1xday, & Taurine 500 mg 2x day. (All neurotransitter pre-cursors)- seems to have helped me immensely. And of course- eating healthy, including Black Beans for the oligosaccharides for gut health.

The attempt to develop a sense of humor and to see things in a humorous light is some kind of trick learned while mastering the Art of Living. - Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning.

Day 545

Weird. I woke up with a cough. Like I'd been getting over a flu.  But I've not been having the flu.  I feel a bit like I'm coming down with something. But not all of the time. Normally when I get over something THAT is when I get a cough.

I forgot my evening taurine last night.  Still slept fairly well over all. I got out of bed this morning about the time I'd normally be going to work.  Another day.

Day 546

I lived life on the wildside today- Fully caffeinated coffee this morning. AND with a half teaspoon of milk in it.  Watch out Evel Knieval! 

No side effects that I can tell- other than the usual. I did get to 'sleep in' this morning. 

A bit of road rage during the driving around, with help I was able to talk myself down. It's weird when it happens, because at the time such infinitesimals become IMPORTANT.

It seems like every day I need to relearn how to type and spell. Forget about coherent speech first thing in the morning. It's like I'm having to reset every day.

Day 547

Window's over.  I found that out this morning when I was sleeping in. Well dozing actually. What they hay! I got a couple of mornings I got to sleep in, despite the back acting up!  So even though it's a wave beginning, it's still a helluva lot milder than it was a couple of months ago. For all I know this may be the side effect of drinking full coffee with a dab of milk. If so- fine! The local ice is most persistent in staying, which means that I cannot go biking outside! I could handle the leftover ice and snow- it's the freaking drivers that I'm afraid of.

Rains are supposed to start tomorrow- wait and see what happens then.

I saw Hidden Figures today- nice movie, but I get the sense they 'pulled their punches' when portraying things.

• Moderator Emeritus

Pages ago, you asked me about aminos:

I take it this regimen of yours has helped you avoid many of the symptoms of withdrawal and tapering?

Actually, no.

Tapering was how I controlled my symptoms.

Unfortunately, my health - especially endocrine - got into a hole, and the aminos is how I am trying to get out again.  I use the aminos for mood management, control fatigue, and as a tonic for adrenals, pancreas, liver and thyroid.  THUS FAR I have staved off diabetes for 10 years - I've been in a "pre-diabetic" state for that long.  I also use a lot of minerals, like zinc and chromium - but this quantity of supplements are NOT recommended for people in withdrawal.

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

I had an extra coffee this am too. I always have my cappuccino (almond milk) but I was so tired this am I decided to "walk on the wild side" and have a second instant coffee.

Maybe, I'll pay for it tonight but I almost don't care. 

Always remember this is getting better . Inch by inch.  

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Pages ago, you asked me about aminos:

I take it this regimen of yours has helped you avoid many of the symptoms of withdrawal and tapering?

Actually, no.

Tapering was how I controlled my symptoms.

Unfortunately, my health - especially endocrine - got into a hole, and the aminos is how I am trying to get out again.  I use the aminos for mood management, control fatigue, and as a tonic for adrenals, pancreas, liver and thyroid.  THUS FAR I have staved off diabetes for 10 years - I've been in a "pre-diabetic" state for that long.  I also use a lot of minerals, like zinc and chromium - but this quantity of supplements are NOT recommended for people in withdrawal.

Thanks for getting back to me. I've since discovered an amino acid regimen that has helped me deal with the symptoms. I still deal with fatigue, but all in all I'm getting better with it. 

I had an extra coffee this am too. I always have my cappuccino (almond milk) but I was so tired this am I decided to "walk on the wild side" and have a second instant coffee.

Maybe, I'll pay for it tonight but I almost don't care. 

Always remember this is getting better . Inch by inch.  

Somedays it feels like millimeter by millimeter.

Day 548

A bit more of the anxiety this early morning. Awaken (again) at 2 in the morning and doze until it's time to get up. BUT, two mornings of enjoying goofing off getting up isn't something to sneeze at. And I've been getting fewer trips to the loo in the middle of the night.

Along with that, I've also been experiencing a lower blood pressure more often. As to the coffee- I'll be working on using up the decaf interspersed with an ever increasing number of days I do straight regular coffee.

And on that note- I purchased 90% dark chocolate bar- in preparation for getting myself used to chocolate again. I've got a plan to get used to that stuff, and from there work on getting myself used to milk chocolate and then on to cow milk.

I never realized how much dairy is in American Food.  (Deep fried cheese?! ***shudder***)

Day 549

My emotions are roller coasting. On the way to work I feel the need to cry. When I get a chance to do so- I feel numb. At times I'm short tempered. Other times I just want to curl up and sleep. It just seems that whensoever I can come up with a way to deal with the seemingly endless round of symptoms, something else finds a way to block it.

Day 550

Wave/Window? Hard to say. Even the windows are much lesser in intensity. But being so danged tired of them I'm overly sensitive.

I did manage to get an outdoor bike ride in yesterday. It left me with a good feeling for a couple of hours. Last night I awoke in the middle of the night- very sexually inclined- but no way to deal with it. The time I did have an opportunity- the feeling had passed.

Figures.

I've noticed that the more I drink coffee that's not- decaff, getting my blood pressure down is easier.  It still goes up, but it's not up at full blast as often. I read recently that coffee has an anti-inflammatory effect. Maybe it does.

Now if I can just start getting no more Cortisol spikes...

Day 551

A bit more relaxed. I was able to doze in past the usual time this morning- about 70 minutes longer. It's nice to be able to do that occasionally. I've taken the day off and am trying to enjoy my freedom. We shall see what tomorrow(s) bring.

Day 552.

I had lunch at a Japanese Ramen place- quite delicious. And it left me with just a slightly heightened anxiousness - totally worth it.  And it ended up having me 4 trips to the loo in the middle of the night. Also worth it. I must say, the coffee is making my life better. My blood pressure isn't as high for as long, and my pulse has slowed down as well.

I'm a bit chilled. I just got back a bit ago from being at the local Anti-Trump protest (Eugene Oregon). Totally worth it. Sadly my knee and back acted up, so I couldn't stay long. 

Oh yeah. There is another thing I've not happen in a while: numb arms. For the longest time- my arms would go numb if I lay in bed for any reason, even if it was for a nap. And all night? Yowza!  Well, I've not had any of that for several weeks. I had no idea that it might've been part of my withdrawal. Because weird sensations and strange symptoms seem to be part and parcel of who I am now.

Well, If I can lose some more weight, and keep my blood pressure under control, there's no reason why I couldn't go back to donating blood again.

Day 553

It was good to lie in bed today. It was all the sweeter due to the all too fresh memories of my bed being a torture instrument.  I had straight coffee today at breakfast. And with three cups I had me some two teaspoons of milk in it. Even though I knew damned full well that it'd probably cost me.  Well, so be it. Because I want my life back. Maybe I won't be able to digest milk ever again, maybe I'll turn into a wind tunnel after eating dairy. But I can live with that (the wife might send me to exile though). Sometimes you just gotta fight back, stand your ground and say: This far and no farther.

Day 554. 

The last couple of nights I've been getting nightmares disturbing my sleep. Nightmares of folks chasing me through hallways and tunnels. I'm not sure what to make of it.

I've been a bit tense at times, and I've noticed that I seem to be sensitive to cold temperatures the last 24 hours.  It may have something to do with the milk, but I'm not sure.  Nothing really out of the ordinary.

Day 555

For some reason I was just plain cranky/snippy today/this morning/last night. I ended up going to bed early because of a semi-headache. And ended up an equal amount of staring at the ceiling in the morning as the time I went early. 

Everything has been a royal pain and i kept flying off of the handle at nitnoid things.  It's only in the last couple of hours that I'm calming down. I'd almost chalk this up to the milk I had, but I'd have to say not. I'd have expected this kind of reaction within hours, not days.

It could be part of the problem that mine wife is still having painful problems with her back, but her boss could do something and get the person she's covering for back on the job, but he's dragging his feet.  As a result- his laziness = my wife's pain.  And I cannot go out and 'persuade' him to reconsider his laziness.

Yesterday a coworker and I got a bit heated concerning politics- he accused me of generalizing. And he was right. I admitted to it and apologized. He then turns around and generalized- which I pointed out; he doesn't apologize. 

Five Hundred Fifty Five days since my last dose. And crankiness seems to be the latest symptom of dealing with stuff. That and constantly waking up at 2 in the morning every-freaking-night.  

April will mark 3 years since I originally went cold turkey.

Day 556

Some days it's not worth chewing through the leather straps.

RockingChairCat. I understand. I can't take it all away. I certainly wish I could. What a dear soul you are, sir. It will get better for you.

I am not a medical professional. My comments and posts are based on personal experiences. Please consult appropriate medical professionals for advice. 

I was started on psych drugs back in the late 80's. You name it. I probably was on it. Tapered off final cocktail 2013-2019. For Hashimotos and high blood pressure I take Levothyroxine. Liothyronine. Spironolactone. Hydrochlorothiazide. Losartan. B12 hydroxy. Fish oil w/D3. Bee pollen. Magnesium Glycinate.

RockingChairCat. I understand. I can't take it all away. I certainly wish I could. What a dear soul you are, sir. It will get better for you.

Thanks Marsha.

Day 557

Last night I fall asleep, and I'm awake within 15 minutes.  I'm awakened by what sounds like a tractor trailer driving just near the head of my bed. Which is weird because the road is at the other end of the house.  I'm then awake for about 20 -30 minutes with a slight yet persistent minor urge to shake my left leg- but only about 2/3rds of my upper leg.  (Yes I know, this sounds crazy to me too).

I almost sleep the rest of the night away (intermittently) without having to visit the loo. But I get up anyways. My Circadian rhythm is still out of sync. My momentary lapses of memory still occur, but not as often. And the last couple of days I've gotten road rage. And today I smacked the video screen of my computer in frustration. It's like being pounced upon this sudden flash of anger.  I can hold off anger and let it dissipate then WHAM!  

This is the kind of withdrawal symptom I REALLY can do without.  Acceptance. I need to learn to be accepting of this. 

The last couple of nights- my hand/motor skills are great. Yet during the day I get close to either falling asleep or staring off into space for lengthy periods of time. i do get the fatigue now and again. But it's nowhere near as intense when it does occur, and doesn't last for as long. One or two times the fatigue does get really intense- but at that point I get up to my feet and walk around for awhile.

On a side note- the potential loss of the ACA has me scared. Not for me so much, as for everyone who depends upon it.  Because I imagine no few of those folks- were probably getting some antidepressant prescriptions. 

And if it goes away- so do their scripts. 

Which mean places like Survivingantidepressants are going to see an increase in traffic.

Day 558

Another wakeup after a few minutes asleep- and then it's restless leg again for a bit. But it was still lesser in all aspects than the previous night.  But somehow I managed to get a halfway good sleep. 

Today was weird, After the morning set of chores at work, I was working on a special project. It was foggy out, yet I didn't have the usual brain fog accompany it. Instead I've been getting awfully forgetful about things. Like setting down a ream of paper and then I cannot find it for an hour- even though it was right in front of me. And I was searching high and low for awhile for it.

In short, symptoms continue. They change, and new ones seem to crop up all of the time.

Day 559

That feeling. It's akin to that feeling you've got when so ever- you've been up all night with a colicky kid trying to help them with what ever it is that's been bugging them. When they finally fall asleep, and you're on pins and needles and you're starting to relax enough to drift off....and the kid catches her breath in her sleep and makes a small whine in her breath- THAT Moment. For a second that seems like eternity- that jolt of fear- that your ordeal is still not over....that moment of sheer desperation and horror.

Is what I get whenever I get another surge in my anxiety.

Ironic, no?

Day 560

Sleeping hard when I do sleep. Yesterday's nap/meditation time- completely sleeping, for about twice as long. (Normally maybe 5 minutes of nap, 10-15 of meditation. Yesterday- 30 minutes, sleep).

I avoided milk in the coffee. But I did have some buttermilk pancakes. A slight case of crankiness.  Mostly I'm just a bit tired today. 

Day 561

Today I've felt like I'm coming down with something.  Foggy conditions all day. Luckily no brain fog along with. But I got into an accident with one of the work rigs. It's a freaking Monday.

Day 562

Weird dreams, I was in a hotel room that ended up having 4 showers and no beds. I hope it wasn't prophetic. 

My blood pressure has been roller coasting of late. My edema in my legs is weird. Last night no appreciable edema, this morning- one leg is much more swollen that the other. "Normally the left one is the swollen one, today it's the right one.

I wanted to call in sick this morning, but I went in anyways. Too much to do. Accident paperwork to take care of along with repair quotes. And the usual B.S. 

Day 563

Well it appears that my withdrawal symptoms are getting lesser (for now at least). They're occurring less often, with less intensity, and with less duration. Though I do get a flare up every now and then.  Mostly I'm just so very very tired of dealing with them.  But I have no choice, they have to be put up with.  Of late my blood pressure has been tapering off more. And at night I'm still getting woken up at 2 in the morning with the cortisol spikes. But not every night. I'm incrementally getting better sleep, but I'll be much happier about things when they stop entirely.

The wife is getting some days off soon, so that she can relax and heal up from her back problems from her working 6 day weeks for the last 2 months.

Day 564

I know I gripe a lot about the symptoms. But it's good to not have quite so many. Of course the ONE symptom I'd LOVE to be without- Cortisol Spikes in the middle of the night. Yes, I'm able to fall back asleep in fairly short order, but I'd prefer to not be woken up them at all.

A nightmare at 1 in the morning, followed by a cortisol spike an hour and fifteen minutes later. It took me longer to fall back asleep after the nightmare. 

Someday.

Day 565

Very cranky today. And Freezing rain on the roads. I came close to wiping out. Not good. A lot of overdue maintenance on one piece of equipment, and some fix actions at the last minute on another similar one.

A roving itchy spot on my left arm. It's been meandering around for the last couple of days. I seem to be rather sensitive to dish soap of late as well. 

And another nightmare last night, with insomnia for hours after. Gee, I wonder why I'm so cranky this morning?

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi RCC - just posting to say I've been reading your daily updates. Just haven't had any response. As they say, "keep on keeping on."

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Me too. There's not really much else to say except to keep on going. Eventually it will turn around.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Hi RCC - just posting to say I've been reading your daily updates. Just haven't had any response. As they say, "keep on keeping on."

Me too. There's not really much else to say except to keep on going. Eventually it will turn around.

Thank you both.

It's akin to have an obnoxious relative drop by for a 'quick visit' and they end up forwarding their mail...

Eventually you just get desperate.

Day 566

I helped out in some homeless folks clothing/food giveaway today. Nice feeling to be helping someone else out.

And I managed to do some sleeping in with a minimum of nervousness.  Yesterday's crankiness was alleviated a bit after the adrenaline surge from nearly wiping out on the black ice on that road.

It helped bring my sanity into a more manageable state.  I think I'm going to go and take a nap. It's nice to be able to do that without waking up in a nightmare-ish cortisol spike. I remember doing that all too often a year agone. 

Day 567

Two mornings of sleeping in (relatively). Plus a whole bunch of waking up in the middle of the night. The only constant I'm getting in all this: changes. I was going to try some milk with my coffee this morning- but I decided that feeling good was more important.   It didn't do much good- I still ended up cranky. Irritation seems to be a constant now.  I was watching Agents of Shield- the episode wherein Agent Coulson tries to recollect his memories of Tahiti. The nightmare he endures freaked me out. 

It's almost as if it's a reflection of mine own existence. That everything I'm going through is just a pipe dream, that I'm living a solipsistic nightmare.  And that really waking  up- would be the most unendurable nightmare- because I wouldn't be asleep.

Day 568

It appears that anger is a given anymore. The level varies, but it's almost as if it's a constant now. Life's little aggravations seem to continue to compound. And arriving at a Railroad intersection just as he shows up and then trying to patiently wait for him to get of the way, then get tired of waiting after 10 minutes and try an alternate route to get where I'm going: (just on the other side of the intersection). By the time I get there- the train had FINALLY moved out of the way- 5 minutes later. Just moved out of the way.

A myoclonic jerk again as I was attempting to fall asleep, and then some restless leg, again.  Someday I will get a decent night's sleep.

Day 569

I managed to transition from sleep to wakefulness smoothly- at least twice last night. I remember both times- as being a pleasant way to wake up. And one 'abrupt' wake up with the 'normal' cortisol spike.

I've been cranky (again). I've been holding onto my temper as much as possible. But it also seems like events are conspiring to keep hammering away at me until I give in and have a temper tantrum. When a radio breaks squelch due to the proximity of an ungrounded transmission- yes that I can handle- because I will move the radio away from it far enough to get it to stop. But then when it breaks squelch- again, even though it's in the 'safe' zone, and no matter where I can easily set it- it breaks squelch again almost as if it's a colicky child... I start getting paranoid. And if it continues to break squelch even when the offending item is turned of...

I start to get the notion that Reality is conspiring.

This morning- I checked one of my containers- I observed a pair of sandwiches with lettuce sticking out. I assumed that the maker of sandwiches had forgotten to make the standard Tuesday: PB&J. I text her about it, she texts back that she had, and when I double check it again- suddenly there aren't any sandwiches with lettuce sticking out. Instead the missing PB&J's are where they should be.

Glitch in the Matrix.

Day 570

Apple juice- it triggered me an anxiety attack today. It was a low key one, and it lasted for about a half hour, but it was there. I've noticed also- that when the attacks flare up- my bladder gets overproductive, and edema in my lower legs occur. Afterwards, the bladder output drops, the edema lessens, and my blood pressure drops.

I've also been working on facing when I'm getting cranky and trying to find ways to 'accept' it. And try not to let it rule my life. It's not an easy task as when it happens everything just seems to escalate and try to make things worse. 

It's like when you get a paper cut- suddenly everything in the world concentrates on that cut.

Day 570

Not the best sleep, but that may be due to my coming down with ...something. I'm not sure what.  Stuffy nose, even WITH a cpap made for me waking up numerous times during the night, feeling like I was being suffocated.  Which is most decidedly not conducive to a sound sleep. Two nights ago was nice sleeping, I guess I had to pay for it.

Day 571

By and large of late- anxiety attacks are of short duration, and of fairly low key affairs. Knowing my luck- they'll intensify soon enough. I've taken notice that many of the nitnoid things still occur. It's just that they're not so annoying. It's hard to explain.

Strangely enough- even though I'm awoken several times a night, I still somehow manage to get something akin to a halfway decent rest. It's a far cry from where I was just a few months ago, let alone the beginning of this crap.