SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

SkyBlue: Paxil taper

SkyBlue

Hi Skyblue are you interested at all in doing the submission to the Scottish govt.

see my drug sig for details

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks, Brass--I have a supply for now at least; and that's what matters. (I was actually up to 60 mg for most of my years of Paxil! I tapered from 60 to 50 to 40 on my own with no adverse effects; that's how over-medicated I was.)

Rabe -- I bet you definitely are still feeling effects from September. I'll try to stop by your thread in a bit.

nz11, definitely! I absolutely will. That's an awesome project.

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi all, 

I survived another suicidal rage awakening last night.

This is what I wrote on Rosetta's thread: I'm curious if anyone has thoughts on this?  

Rosetta, I am really interested in what you wrote about cortisol spikes. I have them too -- I had them every night at first, and now "only" on my period. (I say "only" because it feels a little ridiculous to say "I only get woken up in a suicidal, violent, adrenaline rage a few days a month." Well, we have to keep our sense of humor when possible!!)

Something you said has made me think -- maybe the cortisol cascade is set off by intense exercise? Although, exercise helps with stress? So how is it setting off a cortisol cascade? 

But I really think you have something there, because I did an intense workout on Thursday and had a cortisol awakening that night at midnight.

I know gentle exercise is best in WD, but I love the endorphins and, later, calming that I get from an intense workout. I can be flexible with that though if it might help stop the cortisol spikes.

I'm re-reading the "Waking with Cortisol Spikes" thread. It's quite long : D I know Vitamin C is important related to this

If it's possible that an intense workout could exacerbate the cortisol awakenings, I could try doing milder workouts during my "danger zone." (Although they've still happened on vacation when I'm only doing things like walking, etc.) It's worth a try. Also remembering to get enough citrus especially on those days to help w Vitamin C. 

Edited by SkyBlue
clarity/repetition

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

SkyBlue,

I am sorry you are having SI in the middle of the night.  It's a bad time for a very bad symptom.  I hope you can distinguish SI from instrusive thoughts of suicide, btw.  For me, there were intrusive thoughts that were not true SI, but they were about suicide or death.  They were confusing.  I didn't want to die.  I didn't want to commit suicide.  It was sometimes as if I was afraid of myself -- afraid I would kill myself.  It was absurd -- even at the time it was happening it was truly absurd -- but it felt very frightening.  Maybe if you can see that you are having intrusive thoughts, not SI, it will be less scary?  You might you have more control?  I hope so.

Oh, I am definitely convinced that my SI/intense anxiety period was worse because I was jogging to "relieve" the anxiety from the morning spike.  I did get relief for about an hour.  Then, I was a wreck for the rest of the day.

I am also sure that my ovulation and menstruation affects my WD waves even now.  I think I'm struggling right now because of ovulation.  I've been keeping track of both of these -- ovulation and menstruation -- and I have waves coinciding with both.  The waves might be less intense or shorter at one time and the opposite another time, but they are tied to my hormones.

Another thing you mentioned -- you were on vacation and walking only.  You were on vacation.  I don't go on vacation, but any change in my routine throws me for a loop.  I can't imagine that it would have mattered for me whether I stopped jogging for a week if I were traveling.  I can't even sleep in a different bed or switch sides of the bed.  I need strict routine.  Often, weekends are very difficult for me.  I wish everything could be exactly the same every day.  

Finally, it took a very long time for the SI/anxiety to wear off -- weeks.  Who knows why, but it did not stop after only a week when I stopped jogging.  Of course, I might have had all that misery anyway, but I really believe it was more intense or longer in duration because I had been jogging.  You are in a different situation because you have been tapering.  Maybe the cortisol calms down more quickly for you.  I hope so.

I really hope this helps you.  It is very painful for me to hear you have SI.  I am still traumatized by that period of time.

Peace,

Rosetta

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

There is a direct connection between cortisol spikes and intense exercise.  Anything more than mild stretching and mild yoga can set off a reaction that leads to being shocked awake between two and four in the morning and then not being able to get back to sleep. I cringe every time I read about someone who is tapering and insists on doing an hour of cardio, power lifting, zumba etc. because they have been able to do it in the past and are driven to continue. Some people can get away with it but many pay the price with disturbed sleep, rude awakenings and very upsetting thoughts.  The unfortunate fact is that while taking, tapering and for a while after stopping these drugs we are damaged goods and can not, should not partake in strenuous activities as they will not help us and will in fact hinder our progress.

There is also an intense hormonal connection that every lady here can attest to.  At least it's somewhat predictable.  Combine that with intense exercise and it's almost guaranteed that you will have bad nights and very upsetting thoughts. 

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for dropping by, Sky.  I'm really glad you got your prescription.  I know it was getting scary.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of Feb. 22: 7.6mg

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Rosetta, Brass, and Gridley,

Just wanted to say thanks for your responses. I'll write more when able to think a little better. <3

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi friends,

It took all week, but I am finally feeling clear enough to write. Thanks again for your support.

Exercise: Yes, I love exercise and do push myself.  I'm not an athlete or anything, but I love an intense workout.

I guess in WD I figured, if I can physically do the workout, it must be okay. (Sigh). But it's something I'm willing to temporarily let go of in order to support my healing and rebuilding. It's a bummer, but I know I can return to it one day. So I started this week, doing gentler classes and forgoing the more intense ones. I kind of miss the 'high," but in the face of knowing it might contribute to my cortisol surges/awakenings, it's worth it to take it easy, at least for now. As the weather gets better I can go for walks, etc., again. Rosetta, I'll try to keep it in mind that it took a while for the SI/cortisol to subside for you even after stopping jogging--good to know.

And yes, a 100% a hormone connection with this withdrawal. The good thing is that now I've finally figured out the pattern, I know which 9-day window is the Danger Zone. I mean, I don't just sit in a chair and wait to become severely depressed, but I am aware that I need to use all my self-care strategies during that time.

Rosetta, thank you for your concern and thoughts about the SI. In the moment for me, it is very real. I have woken up in a rage and screaming and wanting to (be gone). However it has been going on so long in WD that I'm not afraid I will harm myself--I won't. I just need to hang on for dear life and get through it, and I do. <3 

I thank everyone for the well-wishes on getting a refill. This is excellent news; however it is a month's supply and I will likely need to strategize before that time. I will have a back-up plan in case I need it. So I may call upon the group for help again with that if needed. 

I wanted to get a microliter syringe for the last .25ml of my taper, and I found one online. It came yesterday.

It is a high-quality, glass Hamilton 250(u) (250 microliter).

It is like this one,

Hamilton 7657-01 1725RN Syringe, 250 Microliter, No Needle 

but I found it for $24.99+shipping on eBay (new, sealed in package).

This will allow me to make the micro-cuts I need from here on out.

This weekend I'm going to figure it out and hopefully do my next decrease. I will also be posting details in the "How to Use an Oral Syringe" thread.

Hope everyone is doing okay and has a good weekend. <3

Good luck with the decrease! 

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017

• Moderator Emeritus
On 2/9/2018 at 5:13 PM, Rosetta said:

Good luck with the decrease! 

Thanks! 

Sky -- Just caught up reading your last three journal pages. So happy you found a solution to your prescription issue!  Hope you're well.

Myndfull

I had tried and failed to stop Paxil several times (though never using a long, slow taper) and thought Celexa might be easier, so I shifted to Celexa in 2012. In August of 2014 I began a serious tapered withdrawal from Celexa (20 mg.), making monthly drops, mostly 10% of the last dose, sometimes more, sometimes less.  In July of 2016 I took an early retirement at 59 in large part because of my intense withdrawal  symptoms.

Three years and eight months after beginning my taper, I stopped taking Celexa on 5/12/18.

I am currently in recovery and I am very slowly getting better. I still have waves and some are quite bad. But overall the trend is toward healing.

• Moderator Emeritus
32 minutes ago, myndfull said:

Sky -- Just caught up reading your last three journal pages. So happy you found a solution to your prescription issue!  Hope you're well.

Myndfull

Hi Myndfull and thanks for stopping by! I appreciate it and hope you are doing well too. 

People keep saying that the refills problem is solved, but it really isn't. I've found a temporary solution for the prescription for a few weeks. It is true that I have enough for a few weeks (hard to tell with liquid amount) but that is it. After that I am in the same situation. I keep hearing that "any doctor can prescribe Paxil," but that hasn't been my experience. 

I'm not trying to be negative, but just saying that it's not entirely solved. I'm writing this in the hopes that someone has some brainstorm that might help. Any ideas welcome! I suppose I will end up having to see one of the self-pay doctors (I have a few names I've compiled). That doesn't seem fair, or right, and it's adding to my hopelessness.

Sky -- Sorry about my overestimation. I'm going to be optimistic about your situation and say that you WILL find a long-term solution. You will. I wish I had a solution of my own to send your way, but I don't. Except, of course, to remind you to keep at it. You seem very proactive, so I probably don't need to tell you that. I do wish you the very best. 

I had tried and failed to stop Paxil several times (though never using a long, slow taper) and thought Celexa might be easier, so I shifted to Celexa in 2012. In August of 2014 I began a serious tapered withdrawal from Celexa (20 mg.), making monthly drops, mostly 10% of the last dose, sometimes more, sometimes less.  In July of 2016 I took an early retirement at 59 in large part because of my intense withdrawal  symptoms.

Three years and eight months after beginning my taper, I stopped taking Celexa on 5/12/18.

I am currently in recovery and I am very slowly getting better. I still have waves and some are quite bad. But overall the trend is toward healing.

• Moderator Emeritus
5 minutes ago, myndfull said:

Sky -- Sorry about my overestimation. I'm going to be optimistic about your situation and say that you WILL find a long-term solution. You will. I wish I had a solution of my own to send your way, but I don't. Except, of course, to remind you to keep at it. You seem very proactive, so I probably don't need to tell you that. I do wish you the very best. 

Myndfull, I owe you an apology; I'm really sorry. I was feeling scared about getting refills (It's on my mind as I'm looking into it now instead of Emergency Time) and I should have listened to the wise voice in my head saying, don't post when you're feeling so emotional; wait a bit. : (

Thanks again for your post, and for your kindness. <3 I wish you the very best as well. Hope you are doing okay. 

• Moderator Emeritus

My sympathies, Sky.  It's not enough that we were given poison but also we have to jump through such hoops to get it.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• Moderator Emeritus
4 hours ago, Gridley said:

My sympathies, Sky.  It's not enough that we were given poison but also we have to jump through such hoops to get it.

Thanks very much, Gridley, my friend.

I know we will look back at this and say that it is worth it. The blood, sweat, and tears of coming off these "meds" was all worth it. < 3 

• Moderator Emeritus

You guys, how does this sound?

https://callondoc.com/prescription-refill

I know it sounds sketchy, but I am serious. It says they do prescribe Paxil. You just fill out a short form and pay  $29.99.  

I'm going to say "I'm on 4 mg liquid paxil and I can't get in with my psychiatrist for another month, blah blah blah." It doesn't sound like they really care, which is fine with me.

• Moderator Emeritus

I've just read over the form and it sounds okay.  And the price for it seems good too.  If you use it would you mind providing some feedback about it please.  It would be good for the mods to have this information for urgent cases.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus
11 minutes ago, SkyBlue said:

I'm going to say "I'm on 4 mg liquid paxil and I can't get in with my psychiatrist for another month, blah blah blah."

They don't ask for a reason.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Moderator Emeritus
1 minute ago, ChessieCat said:

They don't ask for a reason.

Oh! Right. ; ) Lol. Thanks, Chessie!

Yes, the price is right, and I will be thrilled if this works out for my refill. I will definitely provide detailed information if it works out (here and in the "doctors" thread.) 

Thanks again! 

• Moderator Emeritus

MY PRESCRIPTION HAS BEEN RENEWED!!!!!!!

I am beyond relieved, beyond grateful.

This is incredibly wonderful on so many levels. It is very meaningful because it puts the power back in my hands with my taper and the fundamental human right of what I put in my body.

When I pick up the Rx (liquid Paxil is on backorder), I will have 10+ months' supply of Paxil. <3 <3 

I am completely exhausted and going to bed now, but tomorrow I will share the whole story (it was callondoc.com) as I'm really hopeful that this method could be helpful for others. Going to sleep... Believe in your dreams! ! ! !

• Moderator Emeritus

The wonderful news.  Thanks for letting us know.

Happy for you! 

Current dose: 0! Free!  Quit June 2017.

2017: Last dose zoloft: 17 June 0,00065 mg 18 May 0, 001 mg 14 May 0,002 mg 9 May 0,003 mg 28 April 0,006 mg 19 April 0,009 mg 8 April 0,013 mg 25 March 0,019 mg 22 March 0,039 mg 18 March 0,052 mg 16 March 0,079 mg 4 March 0,086 1 March 0,099 mg 22 February 0,11 mg 15 February 0,13 mg 6 February 0,145 mg 24 January 0,15 mg 19 January 0,19 mg 10 January 0,20 mg 3 January

2016: 0,98 to 0,22 mg; 2015: 2,35 to 1,01 mg; 2014: 4,9 to 2,5 mg; 2013: 9,1 to 5,1 mg; 2012: 15,7 to 9,7 mg; 2011: Started on 25 mg - then 50 mg- dropped to 25- to 12.5 mg - back to 25 mg - after 18.75 mg started tiny tapering to 16.6 mg

Started on 25 mg Zoloft in March 2011 due to stressrelated tinnitus that gave me panicattacks. Had a terrible reaction to Zoloft from start, but was told to "hold on". After four months I was stuck. Therefore the long taper. Crazy, I know... Super sensitive to drops and have dropped by 4-6 % from the previous dose.

Whew!!! What a relief!

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you, Chessie, Amy, and Rosetta!

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi everyone,

It took an extra day, but I have the Paxil in my hands! (Well, in my possession.)

Like I said above, I'm beyond excited, because this eliminates the stress of constantly having to figure out how to get refills when I "should" be off by now, and non-psychiatrist prescribers have been exceedingly reluctant to prescribe manufacturer's oral liquid.

I'd like to share about how I went about getting it from https://callondoc.com

First of all, they don't renew benzos. Also it is just in the U.S. It's a legit, legal service.

I basically went to the site, chose "Prescription Refill ($29.99)"and filled out the form; they ask for doctor's name, pharmacy info. I gave all correct information. 

It takes a little doing, because they seem to want a semi-recent refill at the pharmacy you are calling it into. Now, of course if you had a refill available, you would use that. So I don't know for sure how they decide this (how recent is acceptable), but I had filled a prescription about 1 year ago at this pharmacy, and also let them know I have a future appointment coming up.

So you can't just choose any drug and request it and get it. It really is a legitimate service. It's really a valuable service for people who are between providers.

I will be happy to answer any questions about this service, either here or through messages.  

• Moderator Emeritus

After they received my request and payment, it was a couple of hours and they emailed me saying that they had phoned the Rx in to the pharmacy. 

• Moderator Emeritus

In getting used to my glass microliter syringe, I thought I would try an experiment. I’ve always thought Paxil is the consistency of liquid Paxil, and turns out it is! I made some red Jell-O and when it was about half-way gelled, I used it to practice my microliter syringe, drawing the Jell-O up into the syringe and expelling it. :lol: I’m super glad I didn’t have to explain this to anybody.

I’m going to use the microliter syringe with my actual Paxil dosage starting tonight. I’m not going to change dosage yet, just in case there are any minor changes in how-much-is-left-in-the-syringe, from one syringe to the next. Happy weekend, everybody. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Unfortunately in my sleepiness last night, I dropped the glass microliter syringe and it broke on the kitchen tile. Bummer. I ordered another one, but will use the plastic 1ml syringe for now. 

Saw my psychiatrist-- it was the first stress-free appt I've had in a long time, thanks to my supply of Paxil at home!!! Lollll The dr thinks I am going to come off completely in the next week and then start shopping for new SSRIs. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Good for you!  

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

• Moderator Emeritus
On 3/1/2018 at 3:48 PM, Gridley said:

Good for you!  

Thanks, Gridley! : ) 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 02/03/2018 at 7:50 AM, SkyBlue said:

Saw my psychiatrist-- it was the first stress-free appt I've had in a long time, thanks to my supply of Paxil at home!!! Lollll The dr thinks I am going to come off completely in the next week and then start shopping for new SSRIs. 

And we can hear SkyBlue quietyly going "he he he" ;)

• Moderator Emeritus
On 02/03/2018 at 7:50 AM, SkyBlue said:

Unfortunately in my sleepiness last night, I dropped the glass microliter syringe and it broke on the kitchen tile. Bummer.

Yep, bummer.  It might be a good idea to place a rubber/plastic mat eg place mat on your bench when concocting your liquid.

• Moderator Emeritus
18 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

And we can hear SkyBlue quietyly going "he he he" ;)

Yes!! lol 

And good idea about the place mat... I do have a cloth placemat on the table where I now fill the syringe, very important. With the plastic syringe I would just fill it right near the sink but this one I have to be really careful with.

Thanks for stopping by! 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi SB,

BrassMonkey mentioned that you were hoping to use a bottle of liquid for 1 year.

Not sure if you read Scorpio's posts but her symptoms have been worsening lately.  She has realised that the liquid she has been using says use within 2 months after opening.  She has been using it for 4 months.  She will be opening a new bottle for her next dose.

I suggest you keep an eye on whether her symptoms improve.

• Moderator Emeritus

Wow, that is good to know. I'll check on it. Thanks!