Madeleine   
Madeleine
On 2017-10-04 at 11:29 AM, rupa said:

Andy !

You cold turkeyed, but never complained much about your symptoms here in the forum.

Your depression episode's reason is your daughter's birth.

Over the Entire Internet, your's is the only success story about coming off zyprexa.

I know how annoying getting dreams (hallucinations)every single day is.

But you would say dreams are nice.

Your patience and positive attitude is phenomenal.

You will definitely rebuild your life my friend.

The Best life is awaiting you.

------------------------

You are my inspiration to taper olanzapine.

Did you ever cut the olanzapine with tablet cutter?how did you cut the olanzapine?

Did you cut the 2.5 mg olanzapine with tablet cutter?

Andy thanks for sharing. Your story gave me strength and hope.

rupa: I read a couple of other stories of slow tapered who also off  zyprexa. 

Rupa: I also Tapered off zyprexa though was on it a very short time-- see my signature. 

I cut the 2.5 pills into quarters using a razor blade. I'm still on Zoloft unfortunately and tapering that.... 

Plshelp   
Plshelp
5 hours ago, Madeleine said:

Andy thanks for sharing. Your story gave me strength and hope.

rupa: I read a couple of other stories of slow tapered who also off  zyprexa. 

Rupa: I also Tapered off zyprexa though was on it a very short time-- see my signature. 

I cut the 2.5 pills into quarters using a razor blade. I'm still on Zoloft unfortunately and tapering that.... 

Madeline - you read other stories of others who slow tapered off zyprexa? How are they now? 

Are you back to normal after the zyprexa? I can't remember. How long were you on it? 

Madeleine   
Madeleine

Hi Plshelp.  I don't know how they are now, but I found a couple of stories on the internet that kept me going as they tapered off and seemed fine after.  My usage is in my signature.  I was on it a short time, but at a high dose of 10 mg, and then started tapering soon after.  I am OK from zyprexa taper, but am still on zoloft, and if I miss that by a few hours, I feel really bad. It will be a long journey yet. 

rupa   
rupa

Dear Andy,

I am tapering from 5 m.g.

I am giving 4 weeks for every taper.

In this way when I reach 0.625 ,I will use 0.625 for 4 weeks.

Then I will use o.625 for every other day four weeks.

Which means I will take Monday I won't take Tuesday.I will take Wednesday,I won't take Thursday.

Like this I will use four weeks THEN FINALLY I WILL STOP.

Is this the right pattern to jump off?

Please reply.

andy   
andy
1 hour ago, rupa said:

Dear Andy,

I am tapering from 5 m.g.

I am giving 4 weeks for every taper.

In this way when I reach 0.625 ,I will use 0.625 for 4 weeks.

Then I will use o.625 for every other day four weeks.

Which means I will take Monday I won't take Tuesday.I will take Wednesday,I won't take Thursday.

Like this I will use four weeks THEN FINALLY I WILL STOP.

Is this the right pattern to jump off?

Please reply.

Sometimes i held for as long as 3 months,you must listen to what your body is telling you

I never gave myself a timescale,just said one day I will,be off this crap

I supplemented with magnesium to clam my body down,and so times antihistamines for sleep 

I concentrated on exercise and healthy diet,stay away from vit b6 it's to stimulating for the brain 

Be careful taking a dose every other day it doesn't work for everybody,cut out processed foods they are full of chemicals

Healthy food will heal you

rupa   
rupa

Andy what is the right pattern to jump off.?how did you jump off?

andy   
andy
2 hours ago, rupa said:

Andy what is the right pattern to jump off.?how did you jump off?

I went very slow at the lower doses that's all I remember

Excercise and a very clean diet really helped

Remember what works for one doesn't for another,listen to your body and don't put pressure on your self to come off quickly

Bobo32   
Bobo32

hey andy,

I am 1 year now off zyprexa and I feel much better. I'm thinking of taking a supplement containing all the B vitamins as well as Ginko and other minerals to help me with persistent tinnitus.

What symptoms you had while on B6 vitamin?

I'm thinking of taking Vitabiotic's Neurozan which contains Ginko as well.

Thank you

rupa   
rupa

I will follow your ,kind suggestions strictly Andy.

Thankyou.hugs.

andy   
andy
1 hour ago, Bobo32 said:

hey andy,

I am 1 year now off zyprexa and I feel much better. I'm thinking of taking a supplement containing all the B vitamins as well as Ginko and other minerals to help me with persistent tinnitus.

What symptoms you had while on B6 vitamin?

I'm thinking of taking Vitabiotic's Neurozan which contains Ginko as well.

Thank you

Most meds including pysch drugs destroy your good gut bacteria I suggest symprove probiotic,kefir and lots of natural yoghurt

B6 can flair nerve damage so be careful with it,it's stimulating and made me agitated

You need to supplement with methyl b vits ,be wary of to many vitamins it's best to get it naturally from food

powerback   
powerback
On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:02 PM, andy said:

Most meds including pysch drugs destroy your good gut bacteria I suggest symprove probiotic,kefir and lots of natural yoghurt

B6 can flair nerve damage so be careful with it,it's stimulating and made me agitated

You need to supplement with methyl b vits ,be wary of to many vitamins it's best to get it naturally from food

hi Andy ,I make my own kefir and I love it ,I cant claim its a magic bullet by any means but I'm definitely much more regular and that's a good detoxifier at the least .

PB

Quest   
Quest

Hello Powerback.  How have you been?  I sure wish you were closer, I would be in your kitchen everyday!  Your own kefir, awesome!  That's pretty healthy.  Your diet plan sounds exactly what I need, but the thought of all the work boggles my mind right now😳going to have to do something though, I think that one month of remeron really did a number on my insides, still not putting any weight on, look almost skeletal, not my best look🙄

Quest   
Quest
On 2016-05-10 at 4:47 AM, andy said:

Hello I always wanted to return to the site and thank all that helped me in the dark hours and also the forum owner and originator for the tireless work that has helped so many people

Heres my thread when I first asked for help http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6865-andy-hello-tapering-from-zyprexa/

I wont go into how I finally quit the drug because it wasnt the normal 10% approach although I tried 5 times and failed miserably.I found a good understanding doctor who helped me reduce and more than anything listened to me without prejudice.This helped enormously,I finally jumped off at 1.25mg and to be honest it wasnt to bad,by far the worst reduction was going just under 2.5mg,I had severe migraines ,nausea,heart palpitations,sickness,depression,mania,mood swings and relentless insomnia.The insomnia was by far the worst symptom as it made me anxious and very irritable ,all this while trying to be a good father and holding down a very stressful and demanding job.Of all the drugs I was put on Zyprexa was the hardest to quit,it was hell and back but it can be done

I have recently started my Taekwondo training again that I practiced for over 15 years but couldnt while I was on this terrible drug,I now feel calmer and sleep well.I put on over 3 stone while on zyprexa even though I ate a well balanced diet,I felt lethargic and had no interest in life,that has all changed and the weight is coming off steadily. Excercise has been the most helpful tonic for me and even when I had had zero sleep I went to my class and worked out.It slowly but steadily improved my sleep and made me feel confident again that I could get over all of this,when you start to see improvements you start to see light at the end of the tunnel

Things are heading in the right direction and my outlook on life is positive once again.I feel good

Once again thankyou for all your help and for people just starting the journey dont ever give in it can be done,god bless you all

Andy

What a great story, congratulations~