☼ O2bhappy: 9 months off Prozac - does it get any better?

O2bhappy

Hi O2b,

In my opinion, any symptom that lessens or goes away is a sign of healing. We have to savour these little victories. A symptom might come back, but less intense, and one day it's just not there anymore. That is you:1 meds:0 !!

I know what you mean about the head burn. I have that very much too. It might be hormonal, I feel it worse when in PMS I think, which I am right now. And of course very much in a wave, in which I am too.

Even if we miss the persons we really are, they are still there. The essence is there, it will never go away. Just because we suffer, and can't show who we are through our actions like before (going out, working, etc) we don't cease to be who we are. I sometimes try to go get in touch with that essence of myself, in meditation or other, but I know it's not easy.

I wish our waves lessen soon! Take care, and good healing vibes to you.

Athena

2000-2001: Effexor              2005-2012: Celexa, Zoloft, Effexor, desipramin, Wellbutrin, mirtazepin, Lamictal, Remeron, Abilify, nortriptylin, Cipralex, Cymbalta, and others I don't remember. Really bad side effects to all.
Sept-Nov 2012: Paxil 20mg, Wellbutrin 100mg, Imovane 5mg      Nov 2012: Paxil 20mg --> 10mg
Dec 2012: Paxil 10mg-->0; 1 week later: HUGE WD symptoms. Started to get informed on the internet and back to 10mg Paxil.
Dec 2012-Jan 2013: Paxil 10mg, Wellbutrin 100mg, Imovane 2.5mg        End Jan 2013: P 9mg, W 100mg, I 2.0mg
Feb 2013: P 8mg, W 100mg, I 1.5mg      April 2013: P 7mg, W 100mg, I 1.25mg       May 2013: P 7mg, W 90mg, I 1mg    

June 2013: P 7mg, W 80mg, I 0mg       July 1/2013: P 7, W 70     July 22/2013: P 7, W 60             Aug 2013: P 7, W 50       Sept 2013: P 6.1, W 50     Oct 2013: P up to 6.3, W 50     Nov 2013: P 6.2 to 5.9, W 50      Dec 2013: P 5.9, W 40      Jan 2014: P 5.3, W40        Feb 2014: P 5.3, W 30      March-April 2014: P 5.3, W 26    May 2014: P 5.3, W 20        June 2014: P 5.3 W 15     July 2014:  P 5.3, W 14       Aug 2014: P 5.3, W up to 15     Sept 2014: P 5.3, W 14    Oct 2014: P 4.8, W 14      Nov 2014: P 4.3, W 14     Dec 2014-Jan 2015: P 3.9, W 14     Feb 2015: P 3.9, W 12    March 2015: P 3.6, W 12   April-May 2015: P 3.3, W 12    June 2015: P 3.3, W 10    July 2015: P 3.3, W 8   Aug-Sept 2015: P 3.3, W 6   Oct 2015: P 3.0, W 6   Nov 2015: P 2.7, W 6   Dec 2015: P 2.4, W 6   Jan-Feb 2016: P 2.4, W 5  March 2016: P 2.2, W 5   April 2016: P 2.2, W 4   May-June 2016: P 2.2, W 3  July 2016: P 2.2, W 2  Aug 2016: P 2.2, W 1  Sept 2016: P 2.2, W 0!!  Oct 2016: P 2.0   Nov 2016-Jan 2017: P 1.8  Feb-Mar 2017: P 1.9  April-May 2017: P 1.8   June 2017: P 1.6 July-Dec 2017: P 1.5  Jan-April 2018: P 1.6

Others: Cytomel 25mcg (thyroid), vit. C, vit D, Omega-3 fish oil, Magnesium bisglycinate , Melatonin 1mg, 81mg Aspirin, Milk peptides, L-theanine, Valericalm tincture mix, scullcap tincture, Suan Zao Ren (jujube seeds)

Athena -

I certainly hope it is a sign of healing.  I think that is the one thing we really need during withdrawal is hope.  During a wave it is certainly easy to not have hope. 

I haven't thought about the head burning being hormonal.  I am in menopause and since coming off Prozac my symptoms of menopause have gotten worse.  I also don't know if the menopausal symptoms I am having are withdrawal.  The head burning is a new symptoms for me.  It started about two weeks ago.  So days it gets bad, which of course really upsets me.

I am hoping the person I was will shine through one of these days.  I am having a hard time accepting the person I am right now.  For some reason I equate feeling good with being happy.  Therefore since I don't feel good I am not happy.  How do you change that thought pattern?

Discontinued Fluoxetine cold turkey after taking it for 12 years. Stopped taking Fluoxetine in August 2015.

My current withdrawal symptoms: Itchy skin, smell hallucination, hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, and anxiety. 

Synthroid for hypothyroidism.

I think the head burn is perhaps exaccerbated by W/D  & not so much hormonal issues. It is a W/D symptom. 

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

AliG -

If the head burning is a withdrawal symptom is it something that will go away.  It just started a couple of weeks ago. 

Discontinued Fluoxetine cold turkey after taking it for 12 years. Stopped taking Fluoxetine in August 2015.

My current withdrawal symptoms: Itchy skin, smell hallucination, hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, and anxiety. 

Pretty sure it will go away ! I had the " pins & needles" - all gone!  Don't panic.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

AliG -

I will try not to panic. It is a very uncomfortable symptom. I wish there was something you could do for it, but one thing I have learned in withdrawal is everything takes time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi O2, congrats on 16 months off. I hope you had as good a Christmas as you could. Christmas Day was good for me, but the next day I had a bit of a meltdown, the stress of putting a happy front on all day I think. 

I can totally relate to the anger - I really wish it would hurry up and go. I've said and done some awful things because of it, then feel guilty for weeks. I really struggle to control it, it's like being in the eye of a storm, powerless to do anything about it as though you don't even have control of your own actions. 

Also the waking up early/cortisol surge thing has started up again, along with anxiety and depression, so I know I'm in another wave.

2002 - Prescribed fluoxetine 20mg for mild situational depression and anxiety. Over the years also briefly swapped about on citalopram, sertraline and venlafaxine during poop out. 2012 - Cold turkeyed fluoxetine. Within 3 months was suffering from aggression, anxiety, panic attacks and paranoia. GP put me back on tablets as I was 'relapsing'. I didn't know anything about WD then. Jul 15 - Wanted to quit fluoxetine again so tapered off (skipping doses) over 6 weeks under advice of GP. Aug 15 - Last fluoxetine dose end of August 2015. Dec 15 - Had my first real crash after discontinuing. Found this site. Aug-Dec 16 - Signed off work because of a herniated disc & severe sciatica. Prescribed diazepam (took for 6 days and got WD symptoms on stopping; nausea, morning cortisol spikes, anxiety, anger) and codeine which I was on for 4 mths. Can confirm - opiate WD is nasty but nowhere near as bad or prolonged as SSRI WD!
Withdrawal symptoms have included: extreme anger and irritability, lethargy, depression and weepiness, anxiety, stomach upsets, loss of appetite, excessive sweating, muscle and back pain, insomnia, cortisol surges, akathisia, inability to cope with stress.
Things that help: herbal tinctures (rose, lemon balm, chamomile and skullcap), seaweed baths & epsom salt baths, fish oil and magnesium.

keepinghope -

Congratulations to you as well.  I did manage to have a nice Christmas, but when I got home from celebrating with my family I broke down crying.  It was very hard not having my golden retriever with us.  It has now been 11 weeks since we lost her and I still am really struggling and missing her.  I can relate to putting on a "happy face."

I would so anger that when it comes to the anger you are powerless to do anything about it.  To me it isn't "normal" anger.  Normal anger comes and goes this just hangs out and never leaves.  I have even had dreams where I am angry in the dream. 

The past couple of days the nonstop crying has returned.  I cry for no reason. 

I am hoping that this New Year brings us relief from our symptoms!

I am now 16 months off Prozac.  16 months WOW.  I am still dealing with many symptoms.  I think the biggest one for me right now is the anxiety that I have.  I am hoping that things I am thinking about are related to the constant anxiety that I am having.  For instants, anything that has caused me to have a panic attack in the past is causing me great anxiety.  If someone tells me they are flying somewhere I start to feel anxious.  Or if someone is going to the shopping mall I start to almost have a panic attack.  I never acted like this before of while taking Prozac.  This only started happening to me over the past couple of months.  What is this?  Is this part of withdrawal.  I hope it is something that will go away.  These reactions to something I am not even doing are awful.  Any suggestions on how to deal with this would be greatly appreciated. 

• Moderator Emeritus

When I've had anxieties that I felt really stuck in, I would practice EFT (sometimes with my counselor, sometimes at home).  It always managed to reduce my anxiety level.  Other people use CBT.  You could check them out see if either resonates with you. 

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

KarenB -

Do you think my anxiety about other people flying or them going to the mall is caused from withdrawal? 

Thank you for your suggestion about EFT and CBT.  I have never heard of EFT.  I am going to like into it.  I have had some CBT training.  I am currently in therapy and my therapist uses Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT).  It is hard for me to remember to practice it when I am in the middle of a wave or panic attack.

I have noticed over the past several months that I have been very negative.  I am constantly complaining about how I feel.  Do you think my negative attitude is affecting my recovery?  Could it be making my anxiety worse?

• Moderator Emeritus

Have you read the topic on Neuro-emotions? The negativity may be a symptom of withdrawal.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

scallywag -

I never thought about my negativity being a symptom of withdrawal.  I will look into the neuro-emotions forum.

Do you think that the negativity could be making my anxiety worse?

• Moderator Emeritus

Even such a long way out people can still be having w/d symptoms.  In some ways though it doesn't matter whether it's w/d or underlying issues, or a combo - the solutions are the same.  Either way you'll want to find ways to manage it. 

In my experience, when you've practiced managing something for quite a while, things do start to change.  The management techniques work their way into your life and become habits.  You become adjusted into different ways of thinking and living.  It's often difficult to see as it happens, because it's so gradual, but when you look back you can see big changes.  Keeping a journal really helps you notice the progress you make.  

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

KarenB -

I understand that it doesn't matter if it is withdrawal or an underlying issue and that the solution is the same.  For some reason I think if I knew what was causing it that I would feel better, but would it really make me feel better? 

How do I get out of the mindset that to be happy I have to feel good.  I equate feeling good to being happy and feeling bad to being unhappy. 

I do keep a journal and I have looked back at it.  I am now 16 months off Prozac and instead of celebrating that accomplishment I just focus on how I am feeling.  Maybe I need to start keeping a gratitude journal.  I have a lot of be thankful for, but I just keep dwelling on the negative.  Ugh! 

I have noticed over the past several months that I have been very negative.  I am constantly complaining about how I feel.  Do you think my negative attitude is affecting my recovery?  Could it be making my anxiety worse?

I am convinced this too is a w/d symptom.  As I look back, I have been very negative, complaining, feeling crap for all the years of w/d.  Every now and then I might have a good day and I have nothing different, and it makes me realise it must be w/d.  I have no answers, really, except to have a plan for each day and just do that and when you accomplish your goals, give yourself a pat on the back!  (mine are very simple, like get dressed, do my hair, make the bed, walk if I can, do what housework I can, do my breathing and relaxation exercises, so my daily update).

Even when I feel crap, I practice (have to force myself) to be thankful and if you can say it out loud, all the better (when I am walking I say I am grateful that I can still walk, can hear, can see and breathe and that the air is free and readily available - no effort to go get it!)  I try and increase the things I am grateful for each day.  Watch Pollyanna!!  That is one great movie to encourage gratefulness!

Apart from that, just keep plodding along and find what you can do that you enjoy.  I started doing jig-saw puzzles which gave me a sense of achievement also.  Every week my husband and I go down to the river, walk around it, take a cuppa in a thermos and I lie in the car while he sits and reads.  Sometimes I am crap, sometimes I enjoy it and mostly I am somewhere in the middle! 

I look forward to hearing more from you this coming year - don't give up, keep turtling on, love from another turtle!

1995-2007      20mg Aropax/Paxil for pain.  Years of up and down doses

2008                Endep, Lexapro and then Esipram (hell!) CT (oh dear!)

2009                20mg Aropax.  Tried skipping doses for a year (more hell!)

2010                10mg.  10% taper.  Lasted 4 months. Crashed again

2011                5% taper. 9mg-7mg (hell got even worse!)

2012                2.5% taper.  6.6mg – 5.6mg (worser still & unbearable)

2013                5% taper.  Big mistake.  5.5mg – 4.6mg  (even worserer)

2014                2.5% taper.  4.9mg – 4.5mg;    2015 2.5% taper 4.4 - 4.0mg

2016                2.5% taper.  3.9mg  Feb 3.8   Mar 3.7  May 3.6   Jul 3.5

2017                2.5% taper.  Jan 3.4;   Mar 3.35;  Apr 3.3; Oct 3; Dec 2.9;

2018                2.5% taper. Jan 2.8; Mar 2.7; Mar: 2.75; Jun 2.7; Aug 2.6; Oct 2.5; Nov 2.4; Dec 2.3

2019                Jan 2.2; Feb 2.1;

Hi :) I have this issue ALL the time man. I think it is a symptom when you feel as if it will never get better, but it does. It's slow and subtle but it certainly does, I had akithisia for a very long time but it got better and I was in a living hell at the time too. Savour the good days because there are more coming! :D

Paxil 2007-2012, somnolence for a few months so quit, anxiety gets severe again, put on citalopram (horrible reaction). Used august 2013-September 2013, quit and doctor reinstates paxil (reaction again ) on from sep to dec. Quit cold turkey and suffer problems to this day

I also don't think worrying will hurt your recovery. I worried all the time too when it was bad, i think symptom obsession is just another symptom too to be honest.

Paxil 2007-2012, somnolence for a few months so quit, anxiety gets severe again, put on citalopram (horrible reaction). Used august 2013-September 2013, quit and doctor reinstates paxil (reaction again ) on from sep to dec. Quit cold turkey and suffer problems to this day

grandmaD -

I need to try and be more grateful.  I journal almost everyday and when I read it all I am doing is complaining.  I should start journaling my gratitude and see if that changes my mindset.  I certainly hope this negativity is withdrawal, but now I do think it has become part of who I am.   It is hard to be positive and happy when you are not feeling well. 

I feel like I am not living my life and that I am waiting to feel better to start living.  I know that is causing me to miss out on a lot of things.  I am allowing my panic and anxiety to hold me back. 

I will do my best to "keep turtling on"  Thank you for your encouragement. 

blackhill4 -

Thank you for the reminder that this will get better. I am glad to hear that it got better for you.  I will work on savoring the good days.

I need to try and be more grateful.  I journal almost everyday and when I read it all I am doing is complaining.  I should start journaling my gratitude and see if that changes my mindset.  I certainly hope this negativity is withdrawal, but now I do think it has become part of who I am.   It is hard to be positive and happy when you are not feeling well. 

I am glad you are journaling, because I find this sis so helpful.  You can be totally honest - and YOU CAN COMPLAIN and i think it is good to GET IT OUT ON PAPER and you are not complaining to another person and bringing them down, so it's okay.  I think it is also good to END with what you can be grateful for.  It is good to look back on for encouragement, for instance I realised just recently that doing the housework is not as burdensome and huge overwhelming effort that it used to be!  We need these small little stepping stones to keep us going forward!  I am not totally convinced that being grateful will change us, I still found I was miserable, despite being thankful every day, so I think much of it is W/D.

I feel like I am not living my life and that I am waiting to feel better to start living.  I know that is causing me to miss out on a lot of things.  I am allowing my panic and anxiety to hold me back. 

I am with you on this one!  After 5 years I still feel like I am disabled or an invalid or something and not living my life.  All I can do is hope for better days and look forward to healing.  I copied and pasted Petunia's post recently and put it on the fridge it was so good!  We can only hope  our days will be lengthened and multiplied with good health down the track so we can make up for lost time.

I will do my best to "keep turtling on"  Thank you for your encouragement.

Goodonya my turtle friend!  Try and find something that does make you happy or give you peace and aim to do that every day.

2018                2.5% taper. Jan 2.8; Mar 2.7; Mar: 2.75; Jun 2.7; Aug 2.6; Oct 2.5; Nov 2.4; Dec 2.3

Hello O2bhappy, I wanted to check on your thread to see how you are going.

I think that the negativity is not going to delay your recovery process. I think that as long as you want to get better, then the negativity is not going to be bad.

The bad thing is surrending and stopping wanting to get better, but I think that the negativity sometimes is just being realistic, I mean, its difficult to be optimistic when you feel bad...

I hope it gets better, hugs.

About me ------------------------ College student with a history of anxiety, excessive worrying and health anxiety.

April 2014 - May 2015----------    Prozac 20mg On and Off.  Second time on it I developed apathy, changes in personality, asexuality.

May 2015  -   July 2015-----------------  Tappering off prozac. Still no feelings,anhedonia, apathy, no libido, asexuality.

Current symptoms--------  pssd (asexuality in my case). Anxiety and depression developed some months afer stopping prozac, could have been caused by obsessing and beating myself up too much when I found myself unable to like girls again. The best thing to do with pssd (which in my case is asexuality) is accept it and move on.

grandmaD -

When I first started to journal all I would write about was how bad I felt and that I just wanted to get better.  I have reread things I wrote a year ago and boy was I desperate to feel better.  Now when I journal I try not to write so much about how I feel but instead about things I have done and how I felt doing them.  I tend to write more about my emotions.  My latest theme in my journal is about my anxiety.  I like your idea of ending with what I am grateful for.  I am going to start doing that.  Maybe it might help some with my negativity.

I never thought about myself as disable, but I would have to agree with you.  That is how I feel.  I am an able person but during the worse of the withdrawal I felt disabled.  I like Petunia's post, I had never read that before.  I need to remember it. 

I am working on finding what makes me happy or gives me peace.  I think that would help me on my road to recovery.

Theon -

Thank you for checking on me.  That was very thoughtful of you.

I want to get better, but the negativity has gotten me down.  I don't know how to be less negative.  I think feeling bad for so long has just done a number on how I think.  I agree it is hard to be optimistic when you feel bad. 

How are you feeling?

I have noticed changes with my symptoms and even improvements.  The one symptom that has not changed are the smell hallucinations.  I have had them over a year.  I am still smelling things that no one else can smell.  Sometimes it is a bad smell other times I smell cigarette smoke and no one around me is smoking.  Has anyone else had this symptom?  What has helped it?  Did it improve or go away?  I know it is from withdrawal.  I have had a CT scan and an MRI and both were good.  This is such a frustrating symptom. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I think Theon's point about surrendering is a very valid one, well in theory it sounds good - but how do you do it you ask?  Also his point about the negativity being realistic, so perhaps we can TRY and combine BOTH.  We can admit every day we are crap, want to get better, hate where we are, but then we could tell ourself we will surrender all that JUST FOR TODAY (because ONE DAY is all we can handle) and accept what comes our way TODAY and HOPE it gets better.  How's that sound?  Any other ideas about HOW to surrender that wanting to be better would be appreciated!

O2BHappy, how does your anxiety translate?  Is it physical symptoms or emotional or both?  How does it make you feel?

I had a plan for each month i kept on a list, i had activities i wanted to do for each day and even hours of each day. i kept myself as distracted as possible and tried to focus on what task i was going to do. I watched movies, went for walks, played video games, even did some cleaning. It's not as joyous as it sounds however, I was suffering greatly and felt like freaking out so I had to be distracted. So I know it seems impossible but it's doable, one day and hour at a time. Just like grandma d said, one thing at a time, I hope my suggestion helps but everyone is different and it may not work for you but just throwing it out there :)

grandmaD -

I like your idea on how to surrender.  I try allowing and surrendering to my feelings but some days are very difficult.  Over the past couple of days I have been crying a lot for no reason.  For some of the time I can allow the crying and accepted it but then I get tired and fed up that I am still dealing with these symptoms.  I just want them to go away.  I know those thoughts are not beneficial.  I am grateful that some of my symptoms have improved but I just want them all to improve and go away. 

I am sorry that I am complaining and sound whinny.  Just having one of those days. 

blackhill4 -

Thank you for all your suggestions on how you distracted yourself.  Those are all great idea.  Unfortunately, I am at a point right now that I don't want to do anything.  All I want is for these symptoms to go away.  I am not in a good place.  I think I am back in another wave.  I am just very frustrated with how I am feeling and I am not enjoying anything. 

Sorry to vent and complain.

grandmaD -

O2BHappy, how does your anxiety translate?  Is it physical symptoms or emotional or both?  How does it make you feel?

Sorry I didn't answer that question earlier.  My anxiety is both physical and emotional.  I can go from feeling the internal shaking really bad one moment and then start crying or getting anger the next.  The meditation hasn't been helping me lately. 

I have been struggling the past couple of days.  I am back to crying for no reason.  The other night I actually cried myself to sleep.  I assume that I must be in another wave.  Sometimes I try to hold the crying in but after awhile it just comes out.  These are the times I really start missing my dog and wish I had her to cuddle.  I feel like I don't have anything that provides me comfort.  Sometimes I just want someone to hold me and tell me that everything is going to be okay.  I think my family and friends are sick of hearing me talk about how I am feeling.

I am stuck in the thought of "is this going to get any better?"  I know I was on Prozac a long time and it is going to take my brain a long time to heal but I am just done right now feeling bad.

I am sorry for complaining.  Just having an off day and could really use some encouragement. 

Some days I feel like my family would be better off without me and today is one of those days.

I cannot stop crying. I keep getting hit with these waves of emotion and I just start crying.

Hi 02b

So sorry you are going through all this.

I feel exactly the same as you when I am in a wave. So many feelings racing around in my head. That is all they are though - just feelings. 

I am going to give you an 'internet hug' and tell you that these feelings will go away and we will feel better. Tomorrow may be a better day.

I am sure your family and friends care a lot about you but it is probably hard for them to imagine what WD is like. You have us here to support you as we know what you are going through. Just one day at a time, one step at a time.......you can do it.

Love from Flowers xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

• Moderator Emeritus

O2b -- remember that it's the medication and its w/d effects making you weep and feel resigned or not hopeful, just the same as a laxative makes you poop. (hope I made you smile with that attempt at humor, but you may be immune to such sophmoric bait.)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Big hug from grandmaD, remember what scallywag said - it isn't you - it is the w/d affect.  Last time I talked to you, you were angry all the time... has that gone now and been replaced with crying?  If so, sounds like a swing from anxiety/anger to depression/crying which I believe is quite normal with w/d.