Altostrata

Please put your withdrawal history in your signature

Altostrata

Putting a SHORT version of your recent history of reducing or discontinuing drugs in your signature, with the drugs you are currently taking, when you started taking them, and their dosages, helps people understand your context when they read your posts.

If your drug history is very long, the last few years will do. FOR READABILITY, SHORT LINES ARE BEST.

Your signature appears under all your posts.

If you edit your signature, the new one replaces any prior signature. It will appear in your signature under all your posts, even your old posts. If you want to save the information in the old signature, copy it and save it in a file on your computer or in a post in your Introductions topic.

(As of 12/31/13: Signatures are limited to 12 lines of text.)

How to add or edit your signature

1. Click on this link to open the correct page in User Settings:
    Create Your Signature in "Account Settings"
    2017-June 12 update: link works on desktop, tablet and mobile phone versions

2. Enter your signature in the space provided.
  3. When you are done, Click on the big black Save button at the bottom.

If the link isn't working, follow these steps:

1. Click on the small downward arrow next to your name in the top right corner of any page.
  2. Select Account Settings from the list.
  3. On the left of the Account Settings page, click on the Signature tab. You will be able to add or edit your signature.
  4. Click on the big black Save button at the bottom when you are done.

FOR READABILITY, SHORT LINES ARE BEST.

(The history you entered when you registered can be read only by you and the administration team. If you wish, you can copy it to your public signature.)

If you are new, start a topic for yourself in the Introductions forum.

Link to Start a New Topic in the Introductions forum.

Link to Introductions Forum.

Thank you.

Edited by scallywag
update direct link after software upgrade

Barbarannamated

Additional suggestion: Put a link to your Introductions topic in your signature, too!

Thanks, Bar, for this suggestion.

I believe Shanti deserves the credit.

Thanks for posting this. I didn't know how to get a message out to everyone.

Altostrata

As of today: Signatures are limited to 12 lines of text.

It seems the signature length limit got lost in last spring's site upgrade. Those very long signatures are difficult to read.

If you edit your signature now, you will find you cannot go beyond 12 lines. If your signature was longer, you will have to delete some of it.

In terms of withdrawal, your most RECENT drug and tapering history is what's most important in your signature.

Rhiannon

Just a note about the importance of filling in your sig line:  As a moderator, I don't have time to read through everyone's thread from the start to find out their history and what's going on with their meds. So if I come to a thread that doesn't have a filled in sig line and is more than a week or two old, I will just click out and move on to another thread. I'm pretty sure other people do the same thing.

So if you don't fill in your sig line you may be missing out on some help and support.

Altostrata

The 12-line limit applies to new signatures and signatures that are being revised.

Old signatures will not be affected by the limit until they are edited.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.