SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

These meds are NOT ADDICTIVE

TKR

Saw psychiatrist this morning. Desperate for some type of relief. Hard to go. He told me that the following were not addictive and can just stop taking: zolpidem olanzapine serequil gabapentine buproprion and remeron. Those are what we discussed. I also said "people really have a tough time with paxil". He said "people? What people?" He's been doing this 28 years! I got a prescription for 25-50mg of serequil. Haven't filled it yet. Dont know what I should do. Struggling. Haven't slept in weeks! Headache like a freight train for 6 weeks. Anybody? Really anxious. So anxious and such a headache went to e r last night. Feel so headache and confused. Dont want to be this way. Will I benefit sleep and hopefully headache relief from this? Just keep thinking if I take serequil my poor brain will never recover. But I honestly cant take this anymore. Husband wants out. My not working/functioning has ruined our marriage/lives. Cant blame for him. Do I take serequil and hope for a miracle?

Many many meds since 2001. Dont remember them all. Very sad. A nightmare.

2001-Jan 2016 4-5 3-325mg oxycodone/apap per day.

Many years alprazolam 4-10mg per day ceased Jan 2016.

Zolpidem current 10mg. Prior to that months of 10 mg trazadone. Over the years ambien

Years of neurontin, ultram, valium, wellbutrin, Tramodol, diazepam and MANY MANY OTHERS.

Many years paroxetine/paxil ended Jan 2016.

Inpatient hospitalization Jan 2016 cold turkeyed from Oxy alprazolam and paroxetine and put on serequil gabapentine and remorol. Took myself off flipped out and was hospitalized again mid Feb.

Feb 2016-May 25(?) 5/10 mgs. olanzapine/zyprexa and 150mg buproprion.

Dangerously weened myself off last 2 in a week . In trouble.

Started with chronic pain. Then told had depression anxiety insomnia..

No doctor ever explained tapering or the dangers of withdrawal. They would just switch meds. And i took it all in search of RELIEF.

• Administrator

Psychiatric drugs, except for benzos, opiates, and amphetamine analogs, are not technically addictive, but they cause physiological dependency, which is where withdrawal syndrome comes from.

Many psychiatrists don't understand this simple fact, don't know anything about tapering, and don't "believe in" withdrawal syndrome. Even if they've seen it many times, they'll call withdrawal syndrome a "relapse" or emergence of a new psychiatric disorder, often labeled bipolar NOS (meaning, I don't know what this is, but it's something I want to throw drugs at).

Please see your Intro topic for more discussion of your particular situation.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Administrator

Forgot to include: The sleep drugs are also addictive.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I'm a year and a half off of Paxil and still suffering the consequences.  SSRI's are most certainly "addictive," though not in the common sense.  Your brain adapts to having them around and changes it's operations based on the presence of the drugs.  Thus, when you rapidly decrease the amount of the drug in your system, your brain cannot re-adapt back to it's normal state fast enough and has issues functioning.  This is in addition to the other health implications of taking SSRI's and effects on the body since serotonin is used by many organs, everything from your eyes to your gut. 

The only certainty in all this is that adding more psycho-pharmaceuticals, while they may provide relief in the short term, will only further push your body's natural homeostasis out of whack in the long term and cause further harm.

Furthermore, as most of these are anticholinergic, they have a cumulative and negative effect on the CNS and peripheral nervous system. 

Year 0:      Social anxiety, obsessive thoughts, NO depression, NO suicidal ideations

Years 1-2: Ativan (benzo) <1mg as needed, not abused but developed physical dependence

Years 2-3: Paxil (20mg) augmented with Adderall XR (10-20mg) due to withdrawal from Ativan

Years 3-Present: Severe depression, headaches, psychiatric hospitalization, lost job, etc.

Well, they're not truly addictive in the sense that you develop a tolerance and need more and more of the drug to produce an effect - if I understand true addiction correctly that is. But there's not really much difference in the end between true addiction and withdrawal syndrome, is there Alta? Both produce physical symptoms of drug withdrawal upon discontinuation.

The only other thing I've ever been addicted to is cigarettes and stopping smoking was a walk in the park compared to the three times I tried to WD from gabapentin. The first two times I tried to withdraw, my vital signs were all over the map with a bp so low I couldn't stand without assistance. I might as well have been coming off hard street drugs.

I also was told by my physician that gabapentin had no side effects, no withdrawal, and was impossible to overdose on. It was the first drug my doc put me on and he practically sold it as a miracle pill with zero risk. There are days that I'd like to smack these ill-informed doctors upside the head with their own Physician's Desk Reference - or perhaps the pharma reps who so grossly misinform them for profit. >:(

• Administrator

One might suspect TKR psychiatrist was joking, except that he seems to be clueless all around.

Thank you for your advice everyone. My doctor IS a clueless idiot who belongs in prison. In my city if you go to mental health facility HE IS THE ONE YOU HAVE TO SEE! Think of all the damage. And the beds are always full. I should have said "give you withdrawal" instead of addictive. I have still not filled the serequil prescription. Ive been on so much. Done so much damage. Am so confused and have so much pain in my head. Im frightened to put anything else in me. My sister is pushing me to go get it. I may have to. I haven't slept in weeks. Im frightened to think my brain/body are never going to get better. I shared my concerns about withdrawal from zyprexa buproprion and zolpidem today. Nope! No problem. You can just stop taking! Forreal he said that! People have problems with paxil? What people? I felt more informed going in there today because of this website. Thank you. If I survive this I will stop the bitching one day. I used to be a nice girl. Until a 24 7 freaking headache! Please somebody tell me the headache is withdrawal and is going to go away and that i will sleep again.

Zolpidem current 10mg. Prior to that months of 10 mg trazadone. Over the years ambien

Years of neurontin, ultram, valium, wellbutrin, Tramodol, diazepam and MANY MANY OTHERS.

Inpatient hospitalization Jan 2016 cold turkeyed from Oxy alprazolam and paroxetine and put on serequil gabapentine and remorol. Took myself off flipped out and was hospitalized again mid Feb.

No doctor ever explained tapering or the dangers of withdrawal. They would just switch meds. And i took it all in search of RELIEF.

It will go away and you will sleep again cause your brain needs to sleep to survive. Are you having WD symptoms from previous drugs you were taking? Have tried some natural stuff to deal with those issues?

At this point it's up to you, it's not anyone's place to tell you whether to take it or not... Seems like you're pretty determined to avoid this one and if you're still struggling with old meds giving yoou problems maybe you should just try to solve them cause you're just adding new ones with a new drug.

Let us know how it goes today.

Just some tip: try to talk to your doctor in a more educated way. Tell them that you've done some research and read some scientific paper with studies.

My doctor IS a clueless idiot who belongs in prison.

I'm sorry you have experienced this. It sounds like a tough situation.

My old doctor of twelve years had a PhD in organic chemistry on top of her medical degree. If *anyone* should have known how dangerous these chemicals are, it was her. Yet she still tapered me at a ridiculously fast rate and pretty much said "told you so" when I went into WD as that was proof to her of my relapse. I have little respect for these pill pushers anymore. Even the ones who *should* know better either don't care or are experiencing some severe cognitive dissonance. They can't truly believe the meds work when patients constantly have to have med adjustments or try dozens of meds in attempt to get relief.  It's a fairy tale.

Exactly! He pretty much comes right out and says "told you so!" Met with him yesterday cuz I needed appt right away. Didnt want to wait 30 days for a different Dr.Think I need reinstatement. Asked him all kinds of questions after researching. Today I called and he said "why dont you tell me what YOU want since you dont listen to ME!" I thought "yeah f-er look how well listening to YOU has been for me!" Im ready for a trip to inpatient. Dont know how to tell if I am withdrawing from anything else to be honest. Probably. Have never been weened off a thing. Well...did detox in Jan Oxy benzo and paroxetine. Almost 6 months now. Was put on all kinds of crap to do that. Took myself off. Got hospitalized. Put on more scary stuff. Took myself off. Now ready for the hospital. Very sick and scared. Waiting for new terrible insurance to approve zyprexa to reinstate. Waiting. Nightmare. Sorry I sound so horrible. Only felt like this once before and i ended up hospitalized.

It sounds like you're really struggling right now. And also sounds like your history of going off meds cold turkey and/or rapid taper has not worked for you. I don't know what to suggest but I hope you symptoms begin to improve soon.

Thank you. Gabapentine was one of the meds i stopped after taking 2 weeks. I flipped out. That and serequil and remeron. My husband called the police. It was horrible. I was in such horrific WD and the Dr in the hospital forced a diagnosis of bipolar and put me on zyprexa and buproprion. Ive been on so much. That's why I wanted off. Went to detox to get off dangerous stuff to be put on more dangerous stuff. I cant believe what Ive done. Frightening. I just want my head and body back. Afraid Im never going to get better.

• Administrator

See the many, many papers about psychiatric drug discontinuation syndromes in From journals and scientific sources

Don't we have a list of recommended doctors here. We should give someone to you because these people know nothing about WD and they're just diagnosing you a new thing every time. You're a victim and I'm sorry. Don't you have a way to address your concern to better doctors?

Please file some public complaints about your "doctor" if you are able to. Im sorry this was done to you.

Cocktail drugged since 9

Genitals went numb

Extreme intestinal gas and pain

Extreme anxiety cant concentrate

All permanent

Post-SSRI Sexual Dysfunction (PSSD)

http://pssdblog.blogspot.com

These drugs are not addictive, very funny. Did everyone get off these drugs pain free? Like I can do it immediately? Even the forum said dependency. Laws, right, order, one moment all drug the next moment no drug, is your CNS going to be stable?

abilify 2 years

zyprexa 5mg 3yearsn 10mg 3 years, 15 mg 3 years

seroquel 200mg 3 weeks, 175 mg 6 days, 150mg 5-29-16

125mg 6/10/16 100mg 6/20/16 87.5mg 7/8/16

Psychopharmacology for mental health proffesionals an integrative approach by Elliot Ingersoll and Carl Rak says otherwise. maybe you should print out a manufactorer leaflet for him?

here you go The British National Formulary

http://www.evidence.nhs.uk/formulary/bnf/current/4-central-nervous-system/43-antidepressant-drugs/433-selective-serotonin-re-uptake-inhibitors#PHP2416

print that and give it to him...

PS: those symptoms sound crazy (ironic joke)

Cocktail drugged since 9

Genitals went numb

All permanent

In 2012 gsk pleaded guilty to this (and a whole heap of other staggering unconscionable actions) and to which a 3 billion dollar fine was attached:

The Court deposition for the above fine is revealing (screenshot image couldnt be uploaded so i have typed it out). Its public knowledge:

58. However, the bulk of paxil and paxil CR sales stemmed from GSKs unlawful promotion for off label uses in adult patients for such diverse disorders as premature ejaculation and general social phobias anxiety ADHD shyness and bipolar disorder. As part of this scheme, GSK concealed that paxil is highly addictive.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Psychopharmacology for mental health proffesionals an integrative approach by Elliot Ingersoll and Carl Rak says otherwise. maybe you should print out a manufactorer leaflet for him?

here you go The British National Formulary

http://www.evidence.nhs.uk/formulary/bnf/current/4-central-nervous-system/43-antidepressant-drugs/433-selective-serotonin-re-uptake-inhibitors#PHP2416

print that and give it to him...

PS: those symptoms sound crazy (ironic joke)

The above link can only be accessed from Great Britain.

2005-2008: Effexor; 1/2008 Tapered 3 months, then quit. 7/2008-2009 Reinstated Effexor (crying spells at start of new job.)
2009-3/2013: Switched to Pristiq 50 mg then 100 mg
3/2013: Switched to Lexapro 10mg. Cut down to 5 mg. CT for 2 weeks then reinstated for 6 weeks
8/2013-8/2014: Tapering Lexapro (Lots of withdrawal symptoms)
11/2014 -8/2015: Developed severe insomnia and uncontrollable daily crying spells
12/2014-6/2015: Tried Ambien, Klonopin, Ativan, Lunesta, Sonata, Trazadone, Seroquel, Rameron, Gabapentin - Developed Anxiety disorder, PTSD, and Psychogenic Myoclonus
7/2015-1/2016: Reinstated Lexapro 2 mg (mild improvement, but crying spells still present)

1/2016-5/2017: Lexapro 5 mg ( helped a lot, but poor stress tolerance & depressive episodes)

5/20/2017 - Raised dose to Lexapro 10 mg due to lingering depression(Total of 2 failed tapers & severe PAWS)

9/11/2018 - Present: Still on 10 mg Lexapro and mostly recovered.(Anxiety still triggers Myoclonus.)

10/7/2022 - 20 mg Lexapro (brand only) Plus occasional Klonopin for anxiety and Ambien for insomnia.

Well you are right there:

This site has detected that you are accessing it from New Zealand.

Unfortunately this site is only available from Great Britain.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Anyone in Britain want to copy and paste in this thread. Id very much like to see it.

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

TKR, you have been on many meds, no wonder you are struggling. It takes time to recover.

Do you have anyone who could take care of you so you can give your brain a break and not take any meds for a while?

I understand you want relief but the meds didn't seem to help you that much anyway.

can you try to convince your husband to give you some time so you can recover?

Do you have the possibility to go to councelling to get help to cope better?

I don't know what to say, I'm sorry you are struggling and I hope you will feel better soon.

Try not to despair and read the success stories for hope.

Was on Paxil 20 mg between 2007-2016 for social anxiety.

Off Paxil since 29 february 2016, after 9 years on the drug.

Tried to reinstate 6 weeks later with no results, tried then Prozac and Zoloft on advice of psychiatrist with bad results. Meds free since 1 of june and in withdrawal which I don't know any more what it is caused by. ( Paxil, Prozac or Zoloft).

Withdrawal symptoms: severe insomnia, nausea, weight loss, anxiety, brain zaps sometimes, strange pains in different places on my body (could be caused by the anxiety though),gastrointestinal issues, jaw pain (gone now), poor memory (could be the lack of sleep), poor concentration, irritability, depression, hopelessness, rumination, tinnitus (gone)

Anyone in Britain want to copy and paste in this thread. Id very much like to see it.

http://www.evidence....ibitors#PHP2416

Dan you out there?

Any UK members...

Recovering paxil addict

the withdrawal part - BNF - British National Formulary              -  NHS

"

Withdrawal

The risk of withdrawal reactions is higher with paroxetine (see also Withdrawal, section 4.3). Gastro-intestinal disturbances, headache, anxiety, dizziness, paraesthesia, electric shock sensation in the head, neck, and spine, tinnitus, sleep disturbances, fatigue, influenza-like symptoms, and sweating are the most common features of abrupt withdrawal of an SSRI or marked reduction of the dose; palpitation and visual disturbances can occur less commonly. The dose should be tapered over at least a few weeks to avoid these effects. For some patients, it may be necessary to withdraw treatment over a longer period; consider obtaining specialist advice if symptoms persist."

Cocktail drugged since 9

Genitals went numb

All permanent

can you see this one? its the official paxil leaflet for chri sake! I knew the quacks dont read them. responsible experts...

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/PIL.26811.latest.pdf

press CTRL + F  and type withdrawal -  press enter

twice. the 3rd one 3 out of 3  is the part on the leaflet. I think it covers everything you said, whilst contradicting your doctors training protocols (that don't even follow the manufacturers leaflets)

Courtesy of the Paxil Manufactorer leaflet:

"If you stop taking the tablets

Do not stop treatment early because your doctor will help you to reduce your dose slowly over a number of weeks or months. This should help reduce the chance of withdrawal effects such as dizziness or a feeling of unsteadiness, tingling, electric shock sensations, burning sensations, sleep disturbances, intense dreams, restlessness, anxiety, feeling sick, shaking, confusion, sweating, headache, diarrhoea, irregular heartbeat, emotional instability, irritability or changes in vision. Talk to your doctor before you stop taking the tablets and follow their advice."

please record this joker and upload it for the public's benefit

Cocktail drugged since 9

Genitals went numb

All permanent

the withdrawal part - BNF - British National Formulary              -  NHS

"

Withdrawal

The risk of withdrawal reactions is higher with paroxetine (see also Withdrawal, section 4.3). Gastro-intestinal disturbances, headache, anxiety, dizziness, paraesthesia, electric shock sensation in the head, neck, and spine, tinnitus, sleep disturbances, fatigue, influenza-like symptoms, and sweating are the most common features of abrupt withdrawal of an SSRI or marked reduction of the dose; palpitation and visual disturbances can occur less commonly. The dose should be tapered over at least a few weeks to avoid these effects. For some patients, it may be necessary to withdraw treatment over a longer period; consider obtaining specialist advice if symptoms persist."

I just despair when i see this sort of stuff it becomes totally useless for the cause when they say taper over at least a few weeks.

slow= a few weeks = two or three

a longer period = four to six weeks i guess.

specialist advice = after 6 weeks the patient is blamed when hit with debilitating wdl.

Recovering paxil addict

Putting word definition games aside what matters is the plain English definition of addiction when speaking to lay 'normal' people.

The Oxford English dictionary states that addiction is "having a compulsion to take a drug, the stopping of which produces withdrawal symptoms."

Withdrawal symptoms are exactly what afflict countless people who try to stop antidepressants.

Recovering paxil addict

• Moderator Emeritus

They are not called "addictive" because they are NOT FUN.

In a doctor's mind:  addictive = fun.  This seems to be a political statement, too, as the US cracks down on all potentially "abusive" drugs like opiates, and then hands out these mind bending ones like candy.

Don't get me wrong, I personally experienced 2 deaths from opiates - yes, they should be controlled.  But the cost-benefit analysis of how they are doing it, and the pain patients now falling between the cracks is just wrong.  (Sorry, I still read MIA).

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

• Moderator Emeritus

Psychiatric drugs, except for benzos, opiates, and amphetamine analogs, are not technically addictive, but they cause physiological dependency, which is where withdrawal syndrome comes from.

Many psychiatrists don't understand this simple fact, don't know anything about tapering, and don't "believe in" withdrawal syndrome. Even if they've seen it many times, they'll call withdrawal syndrome a "relapse" or emergence of a new psychiatric disorder, often labeled bipolar NOS (meaning, I don't know what this is, but it's something I want to throw drugs at).

Please see your Intro topic for more discussion of your particular situation.

Forgot to include: The sleep drugs are also addictive.

They are not called "addictive" because they are NOT FUN.

In a doctor's mind:  addictive = fun.  This seems to be a political statement, too, as the US cracks down on all potentially "abusive" drugs like opiates, and then hands out these mind bending ones like candy.

Don't get me wrong, I personally experienced 2 deaths from opiates - yes, they should be controlled.  But the cost-benefit analysis of how they are doing it, and the pain patients now falling between the cracks is just wrong.  (Sorry, I still read MIA).

:mellow:

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Yes, Paxil is SO addictive,  I smoked tobacco for 25 years and giving up was easy by comparison.  Also smoked cannabis for many years and tried various other "street" drugs, but nothing has been as difficult as coming off Paxil.   I'm still struggling after 2 years but I do have some good days now.

Prescribed 20mg a day of Seroxat on 2001

August 2013 decided to taper.

Reduced by 10mg a week (adjusted over the week small amounts)

Stopped completely in April 2014

Brain and body went haywire.  

Didn't realise it was withdrawal at first.

Have not returned to ad's but can't get my life back.

Yes, Paxil is SO addictive,  I smoked tobacco for 25 years and giving up was easy by comparison.  Also smoked cannabis for many years and tried various other "street" drugs, but nothing has been as difficult as coming off Paxil.   I'm still struggling after 2 years but I do have some good days now.

Alexander thank you so much for sharing that.

Recovering paxil addict