geminigirl

Class action lawsuit? Drug-induced movement disorders

geminigirl   
geminigirl

Hi,

I am wondering why there hasn't been a class action lawsuit yet against the drug makers of ssris and other poisons.

I would like some money from the government and apologies. Big ones. Preferrably with them on their knees.

I feel that if there isn't some class action lawsuit of some sort, or action, which I would very much like to be a apart of, but with a group of people, I would be broken hearted in a way.

I would like justice for all the people and poor children harmed by psychiatry.

I would like this done yesterday,

Anybody have any ideas on what we can do? If the mainstream media does not want to address it, is there any way then we can create change in the US internally? Get rid of the dirty politicians and other corrupt systems such as FDA? Somebody brave needs to step in.

zandro   
zandro

Because it's pretty much impossible to defeat big pharma.

Martina23   
Martina23

In Europe there is also this possibility to ground a citizen initiative with some programm like idea to abolish or diminish the use of the psychiatric drugs, which has to get 1 million of signatures and the European Commision has to check this proposal and build it into the law. It has to have 7 members from 7 countries of EU. If anyone thinks that he would try it with me, I would be prepared to try it. For 1 million of signatures we would have one year from signing of initiative.

Mea   
Mea

What about starting a petition on change.org?

WiggleIt   
WiggleIt

Actually, there IS a class action lawsuit being led by a group of people, and a law firm has agreed to represent if they can get enough plaintiffs!  The lawsuit is for people in the US who have come down with movement disorders from psych meds.  That means if you have akathisia, dystonia, or dyskinesia, or myoclonus, you PLEASE need to call this firm!!  Pasted below is the info that I found online.  I have already called:

"Have you come down with a movement disorder from psych meds, whether they were prescribed to you on-label OR off-label? Did you come down with permanent or temporary dystonia or dyskinesia or akathisia or myoclonus from psych meds?

Please join me and others who are working through a law firm to hold the pharma companies accountable!!! Me and other victims are joining forces to hold the pharma companies accountable.

Call Grisham and Barnhardt at 434-293-2939. Ask to speak with attorneys Tyler or Addison, or with their assistant Bethany. Please, we need ALL the victims to come forward, no matter how long ago this happened to you!"

Martina23   
Martina23

Mea, I think it is quite a good idea.Ok, but maybe first we should make the text of the petition, what we stand for.If you want, just PM me and we can compile something together.

Martina23   
Martina23

Wiggelt, I have this problem that I did not get any movement disorder only mental symptoms. So I can not use it.

Kay   
Kay

Actually, there IS a class action lawsuit being led by a group of people, and a law firm has agreed to represent if they can get enough plaintiffs!  The lawsuit is for people in the US who have come down with movement disorders from psych meds.  That means if you have akathisia, dystonia, or dyskinesia, or myoclonus, you PLEASE need to call this firm!!  Pasted below is the info that I found online.  I have already called:

"Have you come down with a movement disorder from psych meds, whether they were prescribed to you on-label OR off-label? Did you come down with permanent or temporary dystonia or dyskinesia or akathisia or myoclonus from psych meds?

Please join me and others who are working through a law firm to hold the pharma companies accountable!!! Me and other victims are joining forces to hold the pharma companies accountable.

Call Grisham and Barnhardt at 434-293-2939. Ask to speak with attorneys Tyler or Addison, or with their assistant Bethany. Please, we need ALL the victims to come forward, no matter how long ago this happened to you!"

Yes I am joining this also, so if you want to participate in a class action suit, we are needing to gather more people to form a group of plaintifs now, so if possible you should call right away, and you can ask to join the facebook group, Tardive Dyskinesia/Dystonia Lawsuit. There are 164 people in that group, but we are currently needing at least 50 people to contact the lawfirm and apply to get this going. So, if you have a movement disorder that you believe is caused by antidepressants, and you want to be part of a lawsuit to sue for this, please take action on this now! Thank you.

downtongirl   
downtongirl

does this also apply to akathisia and myoclonus jerks?  Does anyone now how severe of a case you have to have to participate and do you need to be diagnosed by a dr. as to having either td, akathisia, myoclonus jerks etc. to participate?

Sheri755   
Sheri755

Hi,

I am wondering why there hasn't been a class action lawsuit yet against the drug makers of ssris and other poisons.

I would like some money from the government and apologies. Big ones. Preferrably with them on their knees.

I feel that if there isn't some class action lawsuit of some sort, or action, which I would very much like to be a apart of, but with a group of people, I would be broken hearted in a way.

I would like justice for all the people and poor children harmed by psychiatry.

I would like this done yesterday,

Anybody have any ideas on what we can do? If the mainstream media does not want to address it, is there any way then we can create change in the US internally? Get rid of the dirty politicians and other corrupt systems such as FDA? Somebody brave needs to step in.

There is a Facebook group that I'm a member of who has a class action lawsuit in the works.

If you have this or know someone who has this disorder, please let them know.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1651647445098837?ref=tn_tnmn¬if_t=group_comment_follow

SillyFilly55   
SillyFilly55

Yes, there is indeed a class action lawsuit being prepared, and looking for people to join. It is unfortunately only for people in the US. I have all the information here for those who might be interested. The parameters of harm are very wide, there are many aspects of movement disorders that are considered as such. Akathisia for one. Seizures. Yes those are movement disorders. Many others people aren't even aware of.

We can have a voice-we have been dismissed, ignored and blamed long enough....the more people call the law firm, the more likely success in this endeavor,

Info here:

debdaletoday.wordpress.com

WiggleIt   
WiggleIt

does this also apply to akathisia and myoclonus jerks? Does anyone now how severe of a case you have to have to participate and do you need to be diagnosed by a dr. as to having either td, akathisia, myoclonus jerks etc. to participate?

Yes, it applies to akathisia, myoclonic jerks, and seizures.

No, you don't have to be diagnosed by a doctor as having TD in order to join. You just need to be able to honestly say that meds caused your movement problems.

You do need to be in the USA.

Call the law firm. 434-293-2939.

Kay   
Kay

does this also apply to akathisia and myoclonus jerks?  Does anyone now how severe of a case you have to have to participate and do you need to be diagnosed by a dr. as to having either td, akathisia, myoclonus jerks etc. to participate?

The requirements to join the lawsuit are to have taken a medication and then to have developed movement symptoms, the severity isn't an issue. It is helpful to have some medical records and doctor diagnosis, but I think that may not be necessary. I am looking now for more people to join my group, those who've taken Effexor XR and developed a movement disorder. To join this group, please message me here in this forum. We have 4 people and need at least 20 to have the suit filed.

megb   
megb

Is this lawsuit still going on?? I'd love more info and to join. I recently joined twitter to make a case against GSK and big pharma. I'd love to help however I can!!!